• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 162 of 167 FirstFirst ... 62112152157158159160161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3326
    I believe I have fixed the manual to now be viewable without requiring a Google login.

I thought this was the case before, but apparently not.
  2.    #3222  
    New release should be in the feeds soon (0.9.100). This fixes couple logic errors also with fix for GPS trigger with modifier modes.
    If you have a time trigger for a mode established, what happens if you start the mode manually before that?

Example: if I set my Night Mode to activate at 10:00 pm, but I start it manually at 9:30, what does it do at 10:00? Anything? Does it hurt anything or cause any problems?
    jim
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  4.    #3224  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    If you have a time trigger for a mode established, what happens if you start the mode manually before that?

Example: if I set my Night Mode to activate at 10:00 pm, but I start it manually at 9:30, what does it do at 10:00? Anything? Does it hurt anything or cause any problems?
    jim
    If mode is already active when trigger comes then the trigger is ignored. Of course the trigger for closing still closes the mode if it still open when trigger is set. So won't cause any problems in any situation.
    I am unable to find Mode Switcher in PreWare. What feed is it in?

Thanks
    Question & a request.

How long does a GPS trigger take to trigger? How often is the GPS polled? I ask because with 0.9.99, I was sitting right on the pushpin, and saw it on google maps, and there was no trigger. I may not have waited long enough before going inside.

Now the request. When things calm down a little, which will probably be never once you make the main feed with 1.0 , could you please update the 1.4.1.1 patches as well. Some us are still stuck there.
  7.    #3227  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggarvey View Post
    Question & a request.

How long does a GPS trigger take to trigger? How often is the GPS polled? I ask because with 0.9.99, I was sitting right on the pushpin, and saw it on google maps, and there was no trigger. I may not have waited long enough before going inside.

Now the request. When things calm down a little, which will probably be never once you make the main feed with 1.0 , could you please update the 1.4.1.1 patches as well. Some us are still stuck there.
    It may be that when things calm down everybody has moved to 1.4.5... anyway there is nothing crucial in the updated versions.

The GPS works in a following way:

When not in target it will calculate the poll time using distance to the target and 100km/h as a speed to calculate time to reach the place. The minimum poll time always being 5 minutes. So with good clear view to sky it should be 5-10 minutes usually. When in location the location is polled every 5 minutes so even then it should be 5-10 minutes.

When querying the location if the accuracy is not enough MS tryes 25 time to require the location from WebOS. One query usually waits 20 seconds so it tries quite long time to query the location. If not received in these 25 tries then it waits 5 minutes and tries again.

When using the 100 meter radius it really needs a good vision to sky or then some other app polling gps so that the data is updated constantly. With larger radius values the query will accept less accurate data and hence the location tracking is more likely to work.

Of course the best option would be to listen location all the time but doing that the whole day would eat the battery quite fast...
    I have a modifier mode that just opens a set of apps. I want it to automatically close after all the apps open. I have already tried all the MS advanced settings but I don't know which one works.
  9.    #3229  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I have a modifier mode that just opens a set of apps. I want it to automatically close after all the apps open. I have already tried all the MS advanced settings but I don't know which one works.
    Just set it to close itself after mode start. And at least it works for me. Apps start and mode closes. With 0.9.100 that is, the .99 had a bug that prevented that from working.
    Does anyone have any idea of a possible way to force the Pre to use the data connection instead of the wifi it's connected to?
    tried to update the frame work and it won't install, do I need to remove everything then reinstall. Any help would be greatly appretiated. Thank you
    I had the same problem. Remove then reinstall worked for me
    Is the only way to remove it to remove all patches related to it or is there an easier way.
    I also had to remove the patches befor.e updating. It does not take long, and they install fine after doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Does anyone have any idea of a possible way to force the Pre to use the data connection instead of the wifi it's connected to?
    Any particular reason you wouldn't turn off WiFi and then turn it back on for this scenario? Perhaps I'm not imagining the reason(s) behind the request to understand it. You could make a profile to turn the WiFi off and on assuming the current triggers fit the scenario in which the WiFi needs to be off and then turned back on.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Any particular reason you wouldn't turn off WiFi and then turn it back on for this scenario? Perhaps I'm not imagining the reason(s) behind the request to understand it. You could make a profile to turn the WiFi off and on assuming the current triggers fit the scenario in which the WiFi needs to be off and then turned back on.
    That's how I've been doing it, but there's no good way to get wifi to turn back on automatically, at least that I have thought of. I mean it is not hard to close work mode manually but it is always fun to not have to.

edit: explain: the wifi is a dummy wifi I set up at work to notify MS that I am at work. The other option is gps but when I lose signal the mode closes, so it is not a good workaround.
    Last edited by tobias funke; 08/22/2010 at 05:39 PM.
  17.    #3237  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1country View Post
    Is the only way to remove it to remove all patches related to it or is there an easier way.
    Unfortunately no since Preware don't support dependencies in patches yet.
  18.    #3238  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    That's how I've been doing it, but there's no good way to get wifi to turn back on automatically, at least that I have thought of. I mean it is not hard to close work mode manually but it is always fun to not have to.

edit: explain: the wifi is a dummy wifi I set up at work to notify MS that I am at work. The other option is gps but when I lose signal the mode closes, so it is not a good workaround.
    Mode should not close on GPS signal loss. It might have done that in early versions, but the latest will remember last location until it gets location again. Couple version ago it still might have got wrong reading just before signal was lost since I did not check the accuracy of the data. The couple latest version have been doing that so mode should not close on signal loss. Otherwise the problem is that if mode does not have time to activate before GPS signal loses...
    I have been using MS. For a few weeks now , the only problem I have come across is my email alerts seem to change. I have all modes set to the default email alert however daily the email alert seems to change randomly. Anyone else having this problem.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

20.    #3240  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I have been using MS. For a few weeks now , the only problem I have come across is my email alerts seem to change. I have all modes set to the default email alert however daily the email alert seems to change randomly. Anyone else having this problem.
    Do you have per account settings set or global? There was a bug in per account settings at least couple releases a go. I though I fixed it already maybe something was left behind...