• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 161 of 167 FirstFirst ... 61111151156157158159160161162163164165166 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    can someone please help me with this? It's for the launch mode switcher on luna boot patch.

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 10652 100 10652 0 0 27361 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 42951
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    You likely have another patch installed that is blocking this one. Brightness Unlinked auto-start perhaps.
    Possible bug: when default mode updates, the "Searching..." string remains stuck in the upper left.

Toggling the phone radio brings the carrier string back. Toggling wifi brings my said back (show wifi network patch). Both of these normally work fine on my Pre.

Lastly, I tested a sleep mode modifier and I got "Sprint +" in the carrier string. Not sure what the "+" is for.

EDIT: I will try to run the report logs and send them.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Possible bug: when default mode updates, the "Searching..." string remains stuck in the upper left.

Toggling the phone radio brings the carrier string back. Toggling wifi brings my said back (show wifi network patch). Both of these normally work fine on my Pre.

Lastly, I tested a sleep mode modifier and I got "Sprint +" in the carrier string. Not sure what the "+" is for.
    I have the same "Searching..." bug too. I already used the Report Problem button in MS.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I have the same "Searching..." bug too. I already used the Report Problem button in MS.
    I figures it was reported. I am alittle slow tonight. Thanks
    I figures it was reported. I am alittle slow tonight. Thanks
    It's okay though. When multiple people report a problem on the forums, it shows sconix that it's not an individually specific problem.
    You likely have another patch installed that is blocking this one. Brightness Unlinked auto-start perhaps.
    thanks! that was exactly the case. i should have caught that myself. stupid me. :P
    Maybe it is supposed to show "Sprint + Sleep" (ie. Carrier plus mode?)
    When a modifier mode is active, a + appears besides the current mode in the carrier space (Sprint=default mode).
    Quick question about triggers.

I want to set up a location trigger and a time trigger to set up some modes. I want both of them to be true in order for the mode to start.

Now do I use "All Unique" to accomplish this or do I need to assign these triggers to a group (say group 1) and then set to "Any Grouped" ?

edit*

Is this a bug? When my Pre resets mode switcher is launched and there is a dashboard notification with a lock icon.

I have the launch mode swticher on luna boot patch and never did this before the latest version.
    edit*
    Last edited by OLD_HATCH; 08/21/2010 at 11:45 PM.
  10.    #3210  

EDIT: I will try to run the report logs and send them.
    Can't get the search string happening for me. Do you who have this problem have still 1.4.1 or 1.4.5 ? Since this one goes for Mode Menu patch not for MS.

The plus is to show that you have modifier modes on.
  11.    #3211  
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Quick question about triggers.

I want to set up a location trigger and a time trigger to set up some modes. I want both of them to be true in order for the mode to start.

Now do I use "All Unique" to accomplish this or do I need to assign these triggers to a group (say group 1) and then set to "Any Grouped" ?

edit*

Is this a bug? When my Pre resets mode switcher is launched and there is a dashboard notification with a lock icon.

I have the launch mode swticher on luna boot patch and never did this before the latest version.
    edit*
    MAnual would help in your first problem, but the All Unique is enough for your case.

The dashboard comes only when MS is not started on boot. So either the patch is not installed or for some reason MS is not started on boot. Please try restarting if it still comes up when you start MS after boot then use problem report so I can see from your logs why MS is not started on boot.
  12.    #3212  
    So I will make another release today with bugs that reported fixed. So far they are the MS app logic going into loop and not noticing it. Then grouped trigger does not seem to work in every situation so its fixed too.

The carrier string oddness goes for mode menu patch which I will check why since it was happening for me with the second latest release but I release new one that fixed that for me right after. Will need to do more tests.

EDIT: Update were able to reproduce this and its due to the changes I made for airplane mode setting group. Will fix so the network searching is not started if not needed. Also now I can fix the mode menu so new release of that too later today.
  13.    #3213  
    The bug fix for mode menu patch had to go to the initial framework which meant that I had to update all the system menu patches.
    Thank you.

I had the patch installed and working correctly before the 9.9.9 update. If it does again I will send error report. Thanks
  15.    #3215  
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Thank you.

I had the patch installed and working correctly before the 9.9.9 update. If it does again I will send error report. Thanks
    I just realized that if some old trigger or some other rare situation happens on boot then MS is started in dashboard mode. I think that closing of the dashboard should then be enough and MS stays running, but this I have to test. But rebooting / restarting luna will also fix the situation.
    Might have been the previous trigger. I had some location based triggers, and when updated the the top line in the trigger "Active" was blank. Changed the top line to "when in location/when not in location" and my last reeboot did not launch MS and the dashboard notification.
    searching goes away after awhile...on mine
  18.    #3218  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    searching goes away after awhile...on mine
    This is already fixed in the latest system menu patches (1.4.5). And it seems that the search only happens on first load of MS after luna start so I will keep the "forced" airplane setting set since it at least makes sure when airplane setting is requested it is set. Since there is some weird bug in WebOS that it does not always seem to return correct state for it.
    Am I just ******** or are the GPS and Headset triggers not working? I have been reading and reading but can't find anyone else saying they're having a problem with them.
  20.    #3220  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanh_3 View Post
    Am I just ******** or are the GPS and Headset triggers not working? I have been reading and reading but can't find anyone else saying they're having a problem with them.
    The headset trigger was working, but I was not able to test it after the last cleanups since in my Pre I have the ****ty headset plug that will cause the headset profile to get stuck. So if you have problems with it just connect headset and disconnect with mode configured with that trigger and right after use the problem report in the menu so I get the logs.

For the GPS trigger the same, it was working for sure, but could not test once again it since could not get a GPS fix on my Pre. Will test it now before releasing .100. If you have radius set to 100m it will really need to be good visibility to the sky at least where I live.