• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 160 of 167 FirstFirst ... 60110150155156157158159160161162163164165 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 3326
    The blinking light bothers my wife more than it does me. (And she's on the other side of the bed!).

But I leave the sound active for SMS and phone calls, just disable e-mail alerts.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  2.    #3182  
    Damn there just isn't enough hours in a day. I only have two known bugs left to fix, but I just need some sleep So will fix those the first thing tomorrow and do the release as soon as those bugs are fixed.

I still aim for Monday 1.0.0 release though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Tonights release should finally work for Pixi users too. The only downside is that for now you have to keep the MS dashboard running and manually start MS after reboot for MS to work. I also remove the requirement for the start on luna patch. If it is not installed MS automatically starts in dashboard mode when started for the first time. When the patch is installed MS automatically runs in background and no dashboard is ever shown. Dashboard currently shows current mode name and state with ability to lock/unlock MS.
    does the dashboard count for the pre or just the pixi? -- if i have the launch after reboot patch installed will MS still operate as it always has?

thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  4.    #3184  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    does the dashboard count for the pre or just the pixi? -- if i have the launch after reboot patch installed will MS still operate as it always has?

thanks
    As I posted couple posts back the dashboard is only used on Pixi and when the start MS luna launhc is not installed on Pre. So just keep the patch installed and no dashboard.
  5.    #3185  
    Just to keep you guys in loop so no need to refresh Preware all the time The release should happen after 5 hours at the latest. I decided to do one final change for this release which is go through all the trigger code and change them to internally notify MS about the triggers (instead of through launch parameters as earlier) and also optimized them a lot. So no more unneeded signals etc. since now they are send only when they are needed and the trigger actually triggered something. I will test every single trigger just to make sure that these changes did not brake any of the triggers.
    I found another bug and can't remember if it has been addressed or not.

I have a mode that turns airplane mode on. When the mode closes, GPS radio never gets turned back on and system menu [right menu] shows airplane mode still on. I switch it off manually from that menu and GPS returns, but carrier string [left menu] gets stuck on "searching . . ." [although I think the phone is connected]. Turning airplane on and off again restored everything correctly.

I sent a problem report, so I hope that helps.
  7.    #3187  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    I found another bug and can't remember if it has been addressed or not.

I have a mode that turns airplane mode on. When the mode closes GPS radio never gets turned back on and system menu [right menu] shows airplane mode still on. I switch it off manually from that menu and GPS returns, but carrier string [left menu] gets stuck on "searching . . ." [although I think the phone is connected]. Turning airplane on and off again restored everything correctly.

I sent a problem report, so I hope that helps.
    In case someone else is wondering will post the same that I replied to you. I changed the airplane mode applying for tonights release. Which hopefully fixes airplane mode applying.
  8.    #3188  
    Hour or two more, no worries release will definitely happen tonight Only trying to get the interval trigger to work on some reasonable way...
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Hour or two more, no worries release will definitely happen tonight Only trying to get the interval trigger to work on some reasonable way...
    Thanks for keeping us updated, but remember that you don't OWE us anything, so don't kill yourself getting this out on our behalf!
  10.    #3190  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Thanks for keeping us updated, but remember that you don't OWE us anything, so don't kill yourself getting this out on our behalf!
    Don't worry, I always do things at my own pace, but I just can't stand unfinished tasks so I always try to push to certain point as fast as possible and then have a small break

Code is now done, I will still do couple tests and release most likely after one hour...
    I hate to do this with you pushing a deadline, but I did find a problem today. I have a mode that triggers on WIFI disconnected. I happened to reboot my phone in an area without WIFI. After booting, the trigger didn't activated. I could manually go into the mode, but could not get it to go there by trigger. I later went home, and connected to my WIFI at home. Upon leaving, the trigger for disconnected went off just as expected.

All of this makes me think that the trigger is only active on detecting a disconnect from a connected state. I don't believe that this is the intention. The trigger should active when not in a connected state. I would think that when MS starts, all disconnected triggers should be on by default, and then the various radios queried to determine the correct state of all connections.

I hope that this makes sense.
  12.    #3192  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggarvey View Post
    I hate to do this with you pushing a deadline, but I did find a problem today. I have a mode that triggers on WIFI disconnected. I happened to reboot my phone in an area without WIFI. After booting, the trigger didn't activated. I could manually go into the mode, but could not get it to go there by trigger. I later went home, and connected to my WIFI at home. Upon leaving, the trigger for disconnected went off just as expected.

All of this makes me think that the trigger is only active on detecting a disconnect from a connected state. I don't believe that this is the intention. The trigger should active when not in a connected state. I would think that when MS starts, all disconnected triggers should be on by default, and then the various radios queried to determine the correct state of all connections.

EDIT: scratch that, now I am not sure what did you meant, let me think a sec
  13.    #3193  

Now I got what you meant I just read wrongly the disconnect event as connect event. And yes MS does not check anything on boot. The triggers are... well triggers. The trigger event has to happen for the mode change to initiate. So if wifi is disconnected on boot the mode won't start when started without wifi. The wifi needs to disconnect for the trigger to happen. The main reason for this currently is the memory running out issue in WebOS that can restart MS. Although not sure how common it is with 1.4.5. So I made MS startup procedure as light as possible so it won't be noticed.

What you can do is set default mode to be started on every startup and set it to trigger all modes by adding MS to the list of started apps. Then you get the effect you want. There might be bug still that makes this not to work, but will test and fix for 1.0.0.
  14.    #3194  
    So 0.9.99 should be in the feeds soon. It most likely contains some new bugs, but at least all (this time I mean all) the features that was planned for 1.0.0 are in. So now its only matter of fixing remaining bugs.
    0.9.99 works great so far. I also created a trigger-all modifier mode that did just what you said, and then killed itself as specified. Excellent.

Now, what are these group buttons and how do we use them???
  16.    #3196  
    0.9.99 works great so far. I also created a trigger-all modifier mode that did just what you said, and then killed itself as specified. Excellent.

Good to hear that it works Was bit worried since I got carried a way with all the features and cleaning up the code.

If you set the required option to any group then they are enabled and you can set triggers into maximum of 10 groups and they are checked like with all unique, but any of the groups is enough for mode to be active. So this way mode can have any kinds of combinations of triggers if needed.
    can someone please help me with this? It's for the launch mode switcher on luna boot patch.

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 10652 100 10652 0 0 27361 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 42951
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

I may have spoken too soon. My new "trigger all" mode isn't killing itself, but causing havoc.

manual start and stop
    app ms before mode start, trigger mode, all normal modes
    app ms after mode start, close mode "trigger-all"

Now I keep switching into the correct mode, but time after time. I disabled triggers from the mode menu patch, and that didn't stop it. I deactivated MS and that didn't stop it.

I finally deleted the trigger-all mode, and that stopped the infinite loop.

I won't try that again.
  19.    #3199  
    I may have spoken too soon. My new "trigger all" mode isn't killing itself, but causing havoc.

manual start and stop

Now I keep switching into the correct mode, but time after time. I disabled triggers from the mode menu patch, and that didn't stop it. I deactivated MS and that didn't stop it.

I won't try that again.
    Good to know There should be a mechanism for stopping endless loop in the MS app usage, but it seems to be broken Will fix and test the MS app usage for 1.0.0 thoroughly.
  20.    #3200  

manual start and stop

I won't try that again.
    By looking at the code there should be two mechanism preventing this, but I must be missing something. Most likely || where should be && or something like that. Luckily I was able to reproduce this very easily with those settings.

Found the reason for the "loop block" failing. It would help to not set the counter to 0 before the whole action has been performed. Now I only need to find why the loop is being generated and fix the logic. Found the logic bug so the MS app logic is fixed in 1.0.0 which is released on Monday. Until that it may be a good idea to avoid those All* options since the bug at least concerns those on certain situations.

EDIT: Due to the nature of the bug I will release new release candidate 0.9.100 tomorrow after I get good night sleep and go through once more the MS app logic code.
    Last edited by sconix; 08/21/2010 at 08:47 PM.