• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 159 of 167 FirstFirst ... 59109149154155156157158159160161162163164 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 3326
  1.    #3161  
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    How about just typing in the lat/lon manually? I can see some room for error, especially since there are several different lat/lon formats, but some people (like me) might want to find the lat/lon on my computer and type it into the phone.
    Its just that the map interface should come quite soon after 1.0.0 release and who knows if I get mad and there are no bugs reported that it would make for 1.0.0 already
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Its just that the map interface should come quite soon after 1.0.0 release and who knows if I get mad and there are no bugs reported that it would make for 1.0.0 already
    Just don't get too carried away with what goes into 1.0.0! You have to save some things for the next release!

I obviously can't read your mind about how the GPS triggers will work with the maps, but have you thought about having "Favorite Locations"? You could have a separate part of MS dedicated to setting favorites such as "Home". Then in the mode triggers, instead of setting the location each time, you just select "GPS Location: Home". The main advantage is if someone wants to have multiple modes associated with one GPS location.
  3.    #3163  
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    Just don't get too carried away with what goes into 1.0.0! You have to save some things for the next release!

I obviously can't read your mind about how the GPS triggers will work with the maps, but have you thought about having "Favorite Locations"? You could have a separate part of MS dedicated to setting favorites such as "Home". Then in the mode triggers, instead of setting the location each time, you just select "GPS Location: Home". The main advantage is if someone wants to have multiple modes associated with one GPS location.
    Well I usually code based on what I feel like doing, so if I feel like doing a map interface instead of some other thing then I'll do it But the date for 1.0.0 is set which is the latest on next Monday so if it wont make it before that then it won't be in 1.0.0. If I go crazy and code it within next hour or two then it makes it

And the end goal is definitely that the locations are stored based on names, but that definitely wont make it to 1.0.0
    The GPS triggers mentioned above would be totally cool, it could just about take the place of apps like Space Alarm, Geostrings, or Geotasks.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  5.    #3165  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    The GPS triggers mentioned above would be totally cool, it could just about take the place of apps like Space Alarm, Geostrings, or Geotasks.
    Yes, but this would need support from those applications to have a clean implementation. Anyway the next release includes map interface for selecting the coordinates either by pointing the place or by typing address.
    I can't seem to get mode-switcher to work. It stopped working w/menu option about two weeks ago. I uninstalled and re-installed tonight, but still no go.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Is anybody else finding that MS is able to set a Govnah profile when starting a mode but unable to revert or set a new profile when closing the mode?

I'm trying to create a super duper power miser mode for the subway or up in the mountains where there's no signal but I don't want to shut the phone down completely. Among other things, this mode should set my Fixed Speed 250 profile in Govnah (without opening Govnah as a card) when the mode is turned on, and when the mode is turned off it should set the Fixed Speed 720 profile (or ideally it should just revert to where it was, but I don't know how to do that, so I haven't tried).

In practice, what actually happens is that turning on the mode sets the Fixed Speed 250 profile, as it should, but when I close the mode, the Fixed Speed 250 profile persists. This happens whether I have the mode be a Normal or a Modifier mode. I have the mode set to start and close manually only.

Using Mode Switcher 0.9.40, Govnah 0.6.6, and Uberkernel 1.4.5-92 on a Sprint Pre.
  8.    #3168  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I can't seem to get mode-switcher to work. It stopped working w/menu option about two weeks ago. I uninstalled and re-installed tonight, but still no go.
    You can always do the action that is not working and use the report problem action so I get the logs and can see why its not working. And give a bit more detailed report of what is not working.
  9.    #3169  
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    Is anybody else finding that MS is able to set a Govnah profile when starting a mode but unable to revert or set a new profile when closing the mode?

I'm trying to create a super duper power miser mode for the subway or up in the mountains where there's no signal but I don't want to shut the phone down completely. Among other things, this mode should set my Fixed Speed 250 profile in Govnah (without opening Govnah as a card) when the mode is turned on, and when the mode is turned off it should set the Fixed Speed 720 profile (or ideally it should just revert to where it was, but I don't know how to do that, so I haven't tried).

In practice, what actually happens is that turning on the mode sets the Fixed Speed 250 profile, as it should, but when I close the mode, the Fixed Speed 250 profile persists. This happens whether I have the mode be a Normal or a Modifier mode. I have the mode set to start and close manually only.

Using Mode Switcher 0.9.40, Govnah 0.6.6, and Uberkernel 1.4.5-92 on a Sprint Pre.
    Just close the mode and after that use the report problem action in the menu so I can see why its not working for you.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Just close the mode and after that use the report problem action in the menu so I can see why its not working for you.
    Done. Thanks.
  11.    #3171  
    If there's some Pixi user who would like to and can try a test version of MS please contact me via email as soon as possible so I could get this into next release (scorpio.iix at gmail.com). And I will send you the link to the package. Knowing how to install ipk file (using WOSQI or some other means) is enough.

EDIT: already tested and works
    Last edited by sconix; 08/20/2010 at 10:10 AM.
  12.    #3172  
    Tonights release should finally work for Pixi users too. The only downside is that for now you have to keep the MS dashboard running and manually start MS after reboot for MS to work. I also remove the requirement for the start on luna patch. If it is not installed MS automatically starts in dashboard mode when started for the first time. When the patch is installed MS automatically runs in background and no dashboard is ever shown. Dashboard currently shows current mode name and state with ability to lock/unlock MS.
    I don't know if there is a separate thread for the related patches, if so let me know but:

Is it possible to enable and disable MS from the Mode Menu in top left corner patch?
  14.    #3174  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    I don't know if there is a separate thread for the related patches, if so let me know but:

Is it possible to enable and disable MS from the Mode Menu in top left corner patch?
    There is: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ice-menus.html

And currently there is no way to enable/disable mode switcher from the menu, but the locking of current mode (dsabling triggers) almost does the same. At least it prevents any triggered mode from starting until you manually start a mode or enable the triggers again.
    Is there a way to turn off blink for emails?
  16.    #3176  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    MS can only control the blink generally. I use the patch myself that disabled blink for email so haven't seen use to add that in MS. Maybe someday MS can control those separately.
    Just to clarify and make sure I did not miss it, the next release after 0.9.40 which was initially scheduled for Wed is now postponed for tonight? Been waiting and checking Preware but not seen update shown so just want to make sure it is not because I did not add the correct feed. Thanks.
  18.    #3178  
    Quote Originally Posted by ckmed View Post
    Just to clarify and make sure I did not miss it, the next release after 0.9.40 which was initially scheduled for Wed is now postponed for tonight? Been waiting and checking Preware but not seen update shown so just want to make sure it is not because I did not add the correct feed. Thanks.
    Yes, reason for delay is that I decided to implement all features that I originally had in mind for 1.0.0. So the next release has Pixi support, Map interface for picking location for GPS trigger, grouped triggers, mode exporting/importing to google docs, couple new triggers amongst other smaller features/bug fixes. So the release should be out withing next 10 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I have my night mode turn off the blink generally, but like Sconix said that's a global setting.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I have my night mode turn off the blink generally, but like Sconix said that's a global setting.
    +1

The best thing about MS is it lets me set up "night mode," where the screen stays off, nothing blinks, nothing buzzes, and nothing rings. Don't ask me why I can't sleep when the light is blinking if my eyes are closed... but I just can't. This lets me keep the phone on the Touchstone instead of face down on the nightstand or covered with a sock.
    Last edited by Speebs; 08/21/2010 at 04:05 PM.