• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 157 of 167 FirstFirst ... 57107147152153154155156157158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 3326
    Maybe I'm just dense, but I'm trying to make the following work:

I have a "Touchstone" mode which turns on Wi-Fi (I have Wi-Fi anywhere I have a Touchstone) and I have a "Away" mode which is for when I am away from my Touchstones.

I am currently having to set my "Away" mode manually because I can't get the WiFi trigger to work in the way I would like and I suspect. I have set it to "disconnected" and a 30 second wait, but it seems to turn the "Away" mode on every few minutes since I have WiFi set to turn off during sleep or idle.

Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Agree the after is better than when.

EDIT: maybe event change the On Start to Before Mode Start. Since that what it is and the on start and on close are already in apps configuration where it means just that On Start or On Close no middle options.
    Agreed.
  3.    #3123  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600 View Post
    Maybe I'm just dense, but I'm trying to make the following work:

I have a "Touchstone" mode which turns on Wi-Fi (I have Wi-Fi anywhere I have a Touchstone) and I have a "Away" mode which is for when I am away from my Touchstones.

I am currently having to set my "Away" mode manually because I can't get the WiFi trigger to work in the way I would like and I suspect. I have set it to "disconnected" and a 30 second wait, but it seems to turn the "Away" mode on every few minutes since I have WiFi set to turn off during sleep or idle.

Am I missing something?
    The signal from WebOS is the same whether you disconnect from Wifi by yourself or if it disconnected when phone goes to sleep. I could add code that would try to separate these situations by monitoring the sleep state, but it'll have to wait for sometime and not sure how reliable it would be. So the disconnection trigger is not meant to be used with the WiFi off on sleep. I am not even sure how much that will save battery. At least it wont save any if you keep your data connection on as far as I know.
    The apps that run in the background but have no dashboard presence as far as I'm aware only have a polling process to wake and run a task(s). Examples of this are twitter clients, facebook, and some RSS and podcast apps. As far as I'm aware more complex things may need a dashboard presence in order for their task(s) or functionality to continue to work. Honestly I don't know much about running in the background. I wanted to make battery monitor run in the background but because there are no examples for developers to look at, such as a hello world that runs in the background to periodically wake to tell you hello world, I couldn't even begin. I guess background capability without a dashboard presence is going to be left to the elite developers until clear cut examples are made that new developers can use to design their apps. I'm sure that currently no apps take full advantage of what may be possible to running in the background without dashboard presence. Perhaps palm needs to do a detailed work up on the capabilities of running in the background without a dashboard presence and detailed documentation of how to code the stuff.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    That's awesome. But I just searched Preware for a new version of Save/Restore and can't find one. Is it out yet? Or is the new version temporarily on a testing feed?
    Didn't see your question answered yet.
    The Save/Restore app is found in the Webos-Internals Feeds, however, the update that was mentioned is found in the the Webos-Internals Testing Feeds.

Here is a post from the Save/Restore forum about installing the Save/Restore app from the Testing Feeds. http://forums.precentral.net/2609784-post942.html
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 08/17/2010 at 12:09 PM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  6.    #3126  
    One more feature made it for tomorrows release. Exporting/importing of modes, it is now possible to import and export individual modes through email (other means will come at some point). Also the pin/password field in the security settings group will now use password field instead of text field as requested.
    One more feature made it for tomorrows release. Exporting/importing of modes, it is now possible to import and export individual modes through email (other means will come at some point).
    This will open up the doors for all sorts of exciting things! Looking forward to trying that out.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  8.    #3128  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    This will open up the doors for all sorts of exciting things! Looking forward to trying that out.
    Hope so at least in longer run. For now its only text based copy/paste export/import, but at least allows easy transport of mode to another phone etc.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Exporting/importing of modes, it is now possible to import and export individual modes through email (other means will come at some point).
    That's awesome ... I see the beginning of a "mode sharing" forum where anyone who comes up with something cool will attach their modes for others to import. Thanks a million!
    I could see other developers creating apps that coincide with Mode Switcher and them releasing the custom mode with their app.
  11.    #3131  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    That's awesome ... I see the beginning of a "mode sharing" forum where anyone who comes up with something cool will attach their modes for others to import. Thanks a million!
    Thats the overall goal. I can so see something like sharing modes made for specific city locations for turning volumes etc to appropriate levels etc. I still would like to have the mode in file format, but for now the text have to do.
    [obselete]
    Last edited by tobias funke; 08/18/2010 at 10:29 PM.
  13.    #3133  
    I am thinking of adding this "mode repository" thing as a build in feature for the next release (which hopefully is out tonight or at the latest tomorrow). I hope this feature is worth of delay of day or two.

The plan is (for which I still haven't fully checked if its possible and reasonable, but my hunch says it is): Create a google groups for MS. Then add two options into exporting the mode, via email and via google docs. When selected via google docs it uploads the mode into your google docs account and shares it to MS group (if selected). Then in the import dialog you have possibility to import via pasting text or via google docs. And if you have joined the MS groups then you are able to retrieve all the modes that people have shared.

This way you can manage the modes by yourself from your google docs account. And can easily share your modes for others to enjoy This is already almost implemented, but the first version might be a bit rough from the edges, but it should work (I mean the google docs interface is already almost ready).

EDIT: more details, the next version will have export to google docs with option to share the mode automatically to MS google groups. Then the import will have support for importing from google docs, for now you need to give the document id, but later I will add some kind of browsing support. The id can be get from the URL when you are viewing the document in google docs. So for now the importing is a bit manual process but I think easy enough and using the google documents to browse the modes is fine for now. Current version will have a possibility to add a short description for the mode, but in future the document can also contain automatically generated text for what the mode does.
    Last edited by sconix; 08/18/2010 at 07:07 AM.
  14.    #3134  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Update:

Mode Repository - Beta Version

This is a link to a public Google Docs folder that I will try to put some modes in. For now, it is not publicly editable, so if you have a cool mode you'd like to add, e-mail it to lindsay@jupiterns.org. Eventually this will be a more robust system, but I'd like to get something started now. For the record, I'm adding modes by pasting them into Scratch WP and exporting directly to GDocs. As far as I know, sconix plans on adding Google Docs exporting to MS in the future.
    Sorry to ruin your day by delivering the news that build in support for google docs is already in next release
    Trying to setup a "headphones" mode to keep my ears from getting blasted if I get a call or text message whenever I'm listening through headphones.

The volume settings for ringer volume and SMS volume appear to only affect the speaker, not how loud it plays through the headset. So I've tried setting Mode Switcher to use a different ringtone and SMS tone (something quieter!) when the "headphones" mode is active.

The difficulty I'm having now is that this appears to affect only the "default" ringtone and SMS tone. The "per contact" ringtones and SMS tones still come through on their original setting.

Is there any way of setting up MS to override all per-contact settings so that when a particular mode is active, whatever settings you have for MESSAGING and RINGER would always be active, regardless of the settings for each contact?

THANKS!!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  16.    #3136  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Trying to setup a "headphones" mode to keep my ears from getting blasted if I get a call or text message whenever I'm listening through headphones.

The volume settings for ringer volume and SMS volume appear to only affect the speaker, not how loud it plays through the headset. So I've tried setting Mode Switcher to use a different ringtone and SMS tone (something quieter!) when the "headphones" mode is active.

The difficulty I'm having now is that this appears to affect only the "default" ringtone and SMS tone. The "per contact" ringtones and SMS tones still come through on their original setting.

Is there any way of setting up MS to override all per-contact settings so that when a particular mode is active, whatever settings you have for MESSAGING and RINGER would always be active, regardless of the settings for each contact?

THANKS!!
    Not currently, this is something that I have to look into.
    I have a modifer mode triggar set up for my touchstone with a delay of 60 seconds. At this point the delay does not seem to be working. Any ideas?
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I have a modifer mode triggar set up for my touchstone with a delay of 60 seconds. At this point the delay does not seem to be working. Any ideas?
    I'm not 100%, but if the delay is similar as the ones for like wifi, the delay is on disconnect.

Is that what your looking for it to be delayed on, or were you thinking delay when placed on a TS?

Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I'm not 100%, but if the delay is similar as the ones for like wifi, the delay is on disconnect.

Is that what your looking for it to be delayed on, or were you thinking delay when placed on a TS?
    Yes, however I was also hoping for a delay when removed also. Basically I have it set to retrieve my email more often while on the touchstone, however if I remove the phone for a moment to respond to a text or email I was hoping for a 60 second delay so it would not change modes while I am replying to a text or email as I would normally place it back on the TS shortly after.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    Yes, however I was also hoping for a delay when removed also. Basically I have it set to retrieve my email more often while on the touchstone, however if I remove the phone for a moment to respond to a text or email I was hoping for a 60 second delay so it would not change modes while I am replying to a text or email as I would normally place it back on the TS shortly after.
    That is what I meant. Sorry if I made it more confusing.
    I believe the delay is on disconnect, not the other way because of what you pointed out (taking it off the TS to respond to a text or whatever, then placing it back on the TS without it switching modes).