• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 156 of 167 FirstFirst ... 56106146151152153154155156157158159160161166 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 3326
    If anyone is interested, I just discovered that it is really easy to do call forwarding with a modifier mode. You can have the phone app call *72 followed by the number when the mode activates, and then *73 when the mode closes (at least that's what you call on Verizon). The phone hangs up on its own after about 10-15 seconds. Previously, I've had the numbers stored in my phone as contacts, but this is probably simpler to do and then I get a reminder that my phone is forwarded through the upcoming modifier mode reminder.
  2.    #3102  
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    If anyone is interested, I just discovered that it is really easy to do call forwarding with a modifier mode. You can have the phone app call *72 followed by the number when the mode activates, and then *73 when the mode closes (at least that's what you call on Verizon). The phone hangs up on its own after about 10-15 seconds. Previously, I've had the numbers stored in my phone as contacts, but this is probably simpler to do and then I get a reminder that my phone is forwarded through the upcoming modifier mode reminder.
    That was the main reason for adding phone app extension
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    That was the main reason for adding phone app extension
    Seems to work. I searched the tread and hadn't really seen it discussed before that it worked.
  4.    #3104  
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    Seems to work. I searched the tread and hadn't really seen it discussed before that it worked.
    There was one post from someone that gave the idea, but it was already long time ago I think.
    Hey guys, here's another cool functionality of MS!
    Create a manually modifier mode, make it close all apps on mode start, and set MS in the app list to close current modifier mode on mode start. Now when you have a ton of apps open you can just use the mode menu to automatically close them all.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I've already thanked Sconix multiple times for his terrific app, but I also wanted to express thanks to the readership here. Sconix has created a loyal and helpful user community for his app and patches. For instance, thanks to those who've posted their ideas for modifier modes like Close All Apps and Forward Calls. I doubt I'll ever use those, but I created them anyway just cause they're cool and Mr. Funke, thanks for your work in creating and maintaining the user manual. It's really fun to see the creativity and hard work of this group.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Update: The latest version of the Save/Restore application includes support for Mode Switcher.

Should be a welcome update for many of us. :-)
    That's awesome. But I just searched Preware for a new version of Save/Restore and can't find one. Is it out yet? Or is the new version temporarily on a testing feed?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    So now I understand the idea of putting the text in (). Damn now I don't know which way I should do it.
    For what it's worth, I like the idea of colors too--partially because I have mode names with parens and that might get confusing--for instance, I have "Touchstone (work)" and "Touchstone (home)".

However, I'm not seeing the + sign. Am I misunderstanding when it should appear? I start a normal mode ("Touchstone (work)") and the menu text should replace "Verizon Wireless" with "Touchstone (work)". Then, after it's started, I start a modifier mode ("Meeting"). If I understand correctly, the menu text should now say "Touchstone (work)+". But instead, it still says "Touchstone (work)".
    I love the plus sign top bar addition for modifier modes. On the color issue, I'm not a fan of colors in the top bar. But, I haven't had a real need to lock a mode, so it is a non-issue for me.

Is there anyway to set the GPS points via an address? I have a "Quiet" modifier that turns the volume down when I get to my client buildings. I'd like to enter their addresses before hand (there are several locations), then I don't have to stop the first time I get to a location to get a GPS fix.
  10.    #3110  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Hey guys, here's another cool functionality of MS!
    Create a manually modifier mode, make it close all apps on mode start, and set MS in the app list to close current modifier mode on mode start. Now when you have a ton of apps open you can just use the mode menu to automatically close them all.
    The next version will have even greater controllability since I add two more options for MS app configuration (don't know why I did not do this right away since its only two more lines of code). So now the MS app has: on start, when started, on close, when closed. The difference is as: On start: before the new modes settings/apps are set, when started: after the settings are set and apps started, on close: before the mode closing is processed (settings/apps set from the new mode), when closed: after processing of the closing of the mode.

So on start is suitable for preventing certain mode to be started with the starting mode since the list of new modes is already created in all situations. So if you ask it to close some other mode on start then it kinda "blocks" the mode to be started when that mode is started. Then when started is good for closing the mode right after it has started for example if you only want it to launch apps for example. Then on close is good for switching directly to some other mode when mode is closed and when closed is good for the same thing but after the apps has been closed for example.
  11.    #3111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    For what it's worth, I like the idea of colors too--partially because I have mode names with parens and that might get confusing--for instance, I have "Touchstone (work)" and "Touchstone (home)".

However, I'm not seeing the + sign. Am I misunderstanding when it should appear? I start a normal mode ("Touchstone (work)") and the menu text should replace "Verizon Wireless" with "Touchstone (work)". Then, after it's started, I start a modifier mode ("Meeting"). If I understand correctly, the menu text should now say "Touchstone (work)+". But instead, it still says "Touchstone (work)".
    Currently this feature is only in the 1.4.5 version of the patch When I have time I will update the 1.4.1 version.
  12.    #3112  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemh008 View Post
    I love the plus sign top bar addition for modifier modes. On the color issue, I'm not a fan of colors in the top bar. But, I haven't had a real need to lock a mode, so it is a non-issue for me.

Is there anyway to set the GPS points via an address? I have a "Quiet" modifier that turns the volume down when I get to my client buildings. I'd like to enter their addresses before hand (there are several locations), then I don't have to stop the first time I get to a location to get a GPS fix.
    There will be even map interface for GPS trigger, but these are unfortunately after 1.0.0 features. But its quite high on my list after 1.0.0.
  13.    #3113  
    Tomorrows release will be the final release candidate (0.9.99) and it has couple new features so test it well and report all bugs. The 1.0.0 will be released on Sunday if no major problems arise with the release candidate.

New features:

- Possibility to group triggers for mod which means its possible to have completely different set of triggers for activating the mode

- Added When Started and When Closed for MS app configuration which should make all kinds of modes possible (ones that only launch apps, modes "chains", etc.)

It also has couple important bug fixes to couple of the triggers.

Please note that in this release the On Start action has a bit different meaning than in previous releases, so if you have On Start on MS app configuration you might consider changing it to When Started. I won't add automatic updating for configuration since this is not always the case that you want When Started instead of On Start.
    Last edited by sconix; 08/17/2010 at 04:11 AM.
  14.    #3114  
    Just posting about my future plans. Hopefully soon after 1.0.0 release there will be 1.1.0 that has support for running MS in dashboard instead in background. With this MS should run on Pixi as well and make it possible for MS to enter app catalog (hopefully). So more good to come after 1.0.0 too. I plan the dashboard to have the same kind of functionality than mode menu (i.e. show current mode and actions for manually starting modes etc.).
    Last edited by sconix; 08/17/2010 at 06:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Just posting about my future plans. Hopefully soon after 1.0.0 release there will be 1.1.0 that has support for running MS in dashboard instead in background. With this MS should run on Pixi as well and make it possible for MS to enter app catalog (hopefully). So more good to come after 1.0.0 too. I plan the dashboard to have the same kind of functionality than mode menu (i.e. show current mode and actions for manually starting modes etc.).
    Just to be sure... you mean it would be able to run either in the dashboard OR in the background, right? I hate dashboard clutter!
  16.    #3116  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Just to be sure... you mean it would be able to run either in the dashboard OR in the background, right? I hate dashboard clutter!
    Yes it would automatically run background if the patch is installed and you are running Pre. Otherwise it would "fallback" to dashboard mode.
    question on the background thing...
    if an app can't run in the background on a Pixi, how do apps like Ringwhere and Geotasks operate? they're triggered by GPS without needing to be opened first and they run fine on my Pixi.
    I am looking forward to the new changes, but I am slightly concerned about users understanding the difference between On Start and When Started. On Start is fine, but maybe When Started should be "After Start" for less confusion?

edit: same with When Closed: "After Close"...
  19.    #3119  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    question on the background thing...
    if an app can't run in the background on a Pixi, how do apps like Ringwhere and Geotasks operate? they're triggered by GPS without needing to be opened first and they run fine on my Pixi.
    My guess is that they have service part in them that handles the initial "starting" of the app. This would work for MS, but only partially like for GPS. At least as far as I know. I have been waiting for the JSJSJS $services$ $to$ $come$ $for$ $WebOS$ $before$ $starting$ $to$ $study$ $this$ $more$. $Since$ $with$ $JS$ $services$ $I$ $should$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $get$ $rid$ $of$ $the$ $background$ $requirement$ $without$ $making$ $too$ $much$ $new$ $code$.
  20.    #3120  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I am looking forward to the new changes, but I am slightly concerned about users understanding the difference between On Start and When Started. On Start is fine, but maybe When Started should be "After Start" for less confusion?

edit: same with When Closed: "After Close"...
    Agree the after is better than when.

EDIT: maybe event change the On Start to Before Mode Start. Since that what it is and the on start and on close are already in apps configuration where it means just that On Start or On Close no middle options.