• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 154 of 167 FirstFirst ... 54104144149150151152153154155156157158159164 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Whatever you have installed which modified all those files is most likely the source of your problem.
    I absolutely don't know the source of this bad modifying, so I went to the doctor! Thanks for your support!
    Quote Originally Posted by macjoshua View Post
    I absolutely don't know the source of this bad modifying, so I went to the doctor! Thanks for your support!
    With the help of the Preware Saved Package List and the Save/Restore app, hopefully it's not too painful a procedure ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    All I can say that I don't think I have changed that patch within couple few updates. Are you sure you have the latest initial framework patch. You could try removing all system menus patch and then making sure that by installing again the latest versions. Otherwise some other patch has modifier that file for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i believe what you are looking for is the EPR? if so it should be under the linux applications as the emergency patch recovery... hope this helps and sorry to hear if you are using the EPR --this usually means a little work is ahead for me
    Sconix - I tried removing all system menus and re installing and still got the same error. Any other ideas? The weired thing is after the update I have not made any changes or added anything other patches or apps but this patch still is not wanting to load. Here is my IPKG log.

Anyone else have any ideas?

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    33 12170 33 4010 0 0 384 0 0:00:31 0:00:10 0:00:21 2624
    100 12170 100 12170 0 0 1105 0 0:00:11 0:00:11 --:--:-- 5775
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-transparent-full-width-app-menu
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":5, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-transparent-full-width-app-menu.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-transparent-full-width-app-menu from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-transparent-full-width-app-menu.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Sconix - what are the chances of getting more retreval time options such as 2 hours, 3 hours and 4 hours in the email options?

Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    Sconix - what are the chances of getting more retreval time options such as 2 hours, 3 hours and 4 hours in the email options?

Trust me, sconix reads every post. Just because he hasn't responded to you directly doesn't mean he didn't see your post the first time. The guy works very hard to give us WebOS' most powerful application at no charge; the least we can do is avoid repeatedly begging for features.
    Sconix - I tried removing all system menus and re installing and still got the same error. Any other ideas? The weired thing is after the update I have not made any changes or added anything other patches or apps but this patch still is not wanting to load. Here is my IPKG log.

Anyone else have any ideas?

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    33 12170 33 4010 0 0 384 0 0:00:31 0:00:10 0:00:21 2624
    100 12170 100 12170 0 0 1105 0 0:00:11 0:00:11 --:--:-- 5775
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-transparent-full-width-app-menu
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":5, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-transparent-full-width-app-menu.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-transparent-full-width-app-menu from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-transparent-full-width-app-menu.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html

try the repair utility ???
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    With the help of the Preware Saved Package List and the Save/Restore app, hopefully it's not too painful a procedure ...

-- Rod

I'm back in Business and everything is wonderful! Thanks again!
  8.    #3068  

I'll think about this. I might add more for next release. If not then you can always use the cheat described here (just set the time in your email configuration and when you add the email settings to the mode it will retrieve the current times and as long as you don't change them they should work just fine).
  9.    #3069  
    I push the new release out within next two hours. This release finally has the GPS trigger fixed as well. It is still not perfect, but I already did some changes to it. More to come after 1.0.0.

Please report any problems you find in this release. The next release will happen on Wednesday which will be the final release candidate if no serious problems are found.

The changes for location trigger are:

- It now uses the accuracy info received in the location request which means that it should not initiate starting/closing of mode on faulty information.

- Fixed a bug that has been there for long time and caused miss information for status of location trigger when multiple modes with location triggers.

- Wont give up on getting location as easily as before.

- Should work for modifier modes (i.e. situation where multiple modes can be active at the same time based on same location info).

- Added debug logging so if you think GPS trigger is acting out I can now see why its not detecting the location (at least on some level).
    Last edited by sconix; 08/15/2010 at 03:14 PM.
  10.    #3070  
    Sorry about the small delay. I just cannot get GPS fix on my phone for some reason so I might need to release the .40 without testing the GPS trigger. I will try it for while still, but if not able then I do the release anyway. So if it does not work for you then just use the report problem action so I get logs.

The Wednesday release will have one new feature (in addition to most likely including GPS trigger fixes if I cannot test this now). The last feature addition before 1.0.0 will be (nice sound effects here...) trigger groupping. What this means is that there will be ability to have maximum of 10 groups which you can set the triggers. Then in the required option there is a new option 'All Groupped'. So the mode is active when ever all triggers in any of those configured groups are valid. So you can set the mode to be active based on (for example) home wireless + time OR work wireless + charger.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    In Mode Switcher 0.9.39, in mode settings where the "System Lock" is set to "PIN", the actual PIN itself is displayed in clear text.

In a previous release, that PIN was hidden when you brought up the settings.

I think that having the PIN in clear text is a security risk. Any chance on getting it "hidden" again?
  12.    #3072  
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    In Mode Switcher 0.9.39, in mode settings where the "System Lock" is set to "PIN", the actual PIN itself is displayed in clear text.

In a previous release, that PIN was hidden when you brought up the settings.

I think that having the PIN in clear text is a security risk. Any chance on getting it "hidden" again?
    It should not have been hidden at any point (yet). Its currently clear text so that user is sure that what he typed. I need to add a second box so that you need to enter it twice so there is no (or at least less) risk for errors in typing. So the clear text is there only until I get this done (most likely post 1.0.0, but soon after). Then when there is the confirmation for typing I will change the field to be password field.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Sconix, thank you for your response.

I actually have no problem with the PIN being in clear text when initially entering it. It is even probably safer if it is in clear text. Although having to enter it twice (even in clear text) might be better.

What my issue is that you can see the PIN when you re-enter Mode Switcher and edit the Mode. In other words, if I loan the phone to someone, they could quietly find out my PIN by bringing up Mode Switcher.

As I recall, it used to work that the PIN was entered in clear text, but was hidden when you re-edited the setting later.
    Is there any way to keep Mode Switcher from sounding an audible alert when it switches modes? (My "night" mode turns off various audible alerts, but the noise it makes when switching modes sort of defeats the purpose).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Is there any way to keep Mode Switcher from sounding an audible alert when it switches modes? (My "night" mode turns off various audible alerts, but the noise it makes when switching modes sort of defeats the purpose).
    It makes sounds when it switches modes? I've never heard mine do that.
    Strange!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    It makes the alert sound (same one you hear when you plug in to charge) and I get a popup on the bottom of the screen asking to switch modes or cancel.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    It makes the alert sound (same one you hear when you plug in to charge) and I get a popup on the bottom of the screen asking to switch modes or cancel.
    Oh yeah. I don't have any modes that require my interaction, so I guess I forgot all about that.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    If you set the mode to switch "Immediate" instead of "After Timer" or "By Selection", the popup will not show and no noise will be played during the mode change.
    I also have to say that I am very excited about the upcoming Trigger Groupings feature.

This is one thing I have been interested in for a while but thought it might be a little complicated. But as usual, sconix has shown us that what seems complicated to us, is not at all for him. :-)

But this does mean I have some work to do on the manual. MS has gotten some very advanced features since .35 and I will have to think about how to explain it best.
    Sconix: I just nabbed .40 in time to test the fix (bug with trigger closing and starting modifier modes at the same time not working) you included for the problem report I sent you.

Worked like a charm!
    My wifi turned off this time.

Thank you!