View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 153 of 167 FirstFirst ... 53103143148149150151152153154155156157158163 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3326
  1. #3041  
    Quote Originally Posted by macjoshua View Post
    I only find emergency patch installer und emergency patch recovery in homebrew and preware. Where can i get ERP?
    You found it.... EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery).

    EPR will basically clear away all your patches, then you can reinstall them from the Preware saved list (if you used that) or you can manually of course.

    I had to run EPR on my Pre after 1.4.5 due to some patches hanging. Then once cleared, I used the save list from Preware and 10 mins or so later, I was in business again. I just had to install a few non feed patches and bingo.

    Keep going. You'll get there.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  2. #3042  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i would be very excited about this -- i use timepiece and do a lot of work on the weekends but not on a regular schedule -- if i could use mode switcher to monitor my calender so that when i add an event it turns on an alarm in timepiece that would be amazing -- with my pre overclocked and Mode Switcher i cannot even imagine moving to a different phone -- man i hope they continue making webos phones and that the community remains as open as it is --thanks for all you work -- i will be donating again as soon as my finances allow (after back to school clothes and supplies and such)
    thanks again
    I sent the dev a PM asking about this. This would be an awesome thing to control with the power of the MS triggers. I sure hope the dev will put them in.

    @Sconix: Could param support be added to Timepiece through a patch if the Dev decides not to implement it? Also, I guessed I never checked, but since his app is closed source, would it be wrong to create a patch to do this?

    I wish I was a bit more experienced with creating patches, I'd give it a whirl, but hopefully if people like the idea, they could nicely pester the Dev of Timepiece and see if he'd add such support.

    It'd be awesome!

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  3. #3043  
    Quote Originally Posted by macjoshua View Post
    I only find emergency patch installer und emergency patch recovery in homebrew and preware. Where can i get ERP?
    i believe what you are looking for is the EPR? if so it should be under the linux applications as the emergency patch recovery... hope this helps and sorry to hear if you are using the EPR --this usually means a little work is ahead for me
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  4. #3044  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Okay, I see that's it in the 'all' testing feed, so that would be the problem. I only have the one enabled that is specific to the Pre. Thanks, very much!

    Off to enable it, now!

    UPDATE: Installing Mode Switcher to check it out, now!
    verwon -- good to see you in this thread -- the animated background patches are like the party in the back but this ap is like the business up front in my pre - mullet --- i guarentee that it will add to your pre experience --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  5. #3045  
    Thanks, I found the EPR and use it. After a reboot of the pre, the initial framework patch still won't install on my system. Is ther any other chance instead of the doc?
  6. #3046  
    Quote Originally Posted by macjoshua View Post
    Thanks, I found the EPR and use it. After a reboot of the pre, the initial framework patch still won't install on my system. Is ther any other chance instead of the doc?
    You might try the webos repair utility. Maybe run EPR a second time.
    I've never had EPR not remove all patches before.

    A doc visit may be in your future. Sorry man.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  7. #3047  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I had to run EPR on my Pre after 1.4.5 due to some patches hanging. Then once cleared, I used the save list from Preware and 10 mins or so later, I was in business again.
    Any other question: What is the save list from Preware?
    In another Thread someone speaks from: Preware's Saved Package List
    But I don't know what it is and where I find it!?
  8. #3048  
    Quote Originally Posted by macjoshua View Post
    Any other question: What is the save list from Preware?
    In another Thread someone speaks from: Preware's Saved Package List
    But I don't know what it is and where I find it!?
    Open up Preware, once the feeds are done loading (if you have them set to update on startup), in the app menu (top left corner) you will see the Saved Package List.

    This list will show you all the packages you have installed. You can use this list to restore all the stuff you had installed after a EPR.

    Not really a good description of it, there are other threads (Preware), etc... that probably cover it more in depth.

    Using that list in conjunction with the Save/Restore app can get you back in action quickly even after a doctor visit.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  9. #3049  
    Sconix,

    Seems the updated mode menu patch doesn't show the (+) when the mod modes are on. Any ideas.

    I posted in your patches thread in case some one stumbles across the issue there.

    Thanks.

    EDIT: Started working after a full device restart, luna restart had no effect. Very awesome! Sorry about cross posting.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 08/14/2010 at 07:19 PM.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  10. #3050  
    i have a modifier mode set up for the a low battery situation -- it is set to change the wallpaper among other things -- if i shut down and change the battery the mod mode shuts down but the wall paper does not change -- if i am patient i assume that it will change back when the next normal mode change occurs -- is this expected behavior? i have no big problem with it just wanted to report any anomlies thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  11.    #3051  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have a modifier mode set up for the a low battery situation -- it is set to change the wallpaper among other things -- if i shut down and change the battery the mod mode shuts down but the wall paper does not change -- if i am patient i assume that it will change back when the next normal mode change occurs -- is this expected behavior? i have no big problem with it just wanted to report any anomlies thanks
    When modifier mode closes if any of the active modes have wallpaper set then it should be set. There might be a bug in this anyhow and in the per-account email settings as well. I will test this tomorrow and if there is the fix is in .40 release.
  12.    #3052  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I sent the dev a PM asking about this. This would be an awesome thing to control with the power of the MS triggers. I sure hope the dev will put them in.

    @Sconix: Could param support be added to Timepiece through a patch if the Dev decides not to implement it? Also, I guessed I never checked, but since his app is closed source, would it be wrong to create a patch to do this?

    I wish I was a bit more experienced with creating patches, I'd give it a whirl, but hopefully if people like the idea, they could nicely pester the Dev of Timepiece and see if he'd add such support.

    It'd be awesome!
    My knowledge is that nothing prevents doing a patch, but this kind of thing might be maybe a too "big" task for a patch. Depends on the level of changes needed. But if the app does not have any infrastructure for this it would be a big task.
  13. #3053  
    Sconix - Hey man great job with the email additions. One request, How about more retreval time options such as 2 hours, 3 hours and 4 hours?

    Beyond that, great job!
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

  14. #3054  
    Sconix - I tried installing System menu Transparent Full width and got the following. This worked for me before the newest update can you tell me what happened or what I am doing wrong here?

    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 12170 100 12170 0 0 15036 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 50497
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-transparent-full-width-app-menu
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-transparent-full-width-app-menu.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-transparent-full-width-app-menu from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-transparent-full-width-app-menu.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

  15.    #3055  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    Sconix - I tried installing System menu Transparent Full width and got the following. This worked for me before the newest update can you tell me what happened or what I am doing wrong here?
    All I can say that I don't think I have changed that patch within couple few updates. Are you sure you have the latest initial framework patch. You could try removing all system menus patch and then making sure that by installing again the latest versions. Otherwise some other patch has modifier that file for you.
  16. #3056  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    You might try the webos repair utility. Maybe run EPR a second time.
    I've never had EPR not remove all patches before.

    A doc visit may be in your future. Sorry man.
    I have run EPR now several times and use the webos repair utility without any success. There is no patch installed but still there is no chance to install the framework patch.
  17.    #3057  
    Quote Originally Posted by macjoshua View Post
    I have run EPR now several times and use the webos repair utility without any success. There is no patch installed but still there is no chance to install the framework patch.
    When you install the patch it says what files have failed chunks. When you replace those files with original ones using the repair utility. There is no reason why the patch would not install. This is only safe procedure when you don't have any patches installed anymore. Otherwise it can break those other patches.
  18. #3058  
    Quote Originally Posted by macjoshua View Post
    I have run EPR now several times and use the webos repair utility without any success. There is no patch installed but still there is no chance to install the framework patch.
    What does the EFV tool in Preware say about the file that the patch installation is complaining about?

    Something has changed that file so that it no longer is patchable cleanly. Your task is to find out what and revert it.

    -- Rod
  19. #3059  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What does the EFV tool in Preware say about the file that the patch installation is complaining about?

    Something has changed that file so that it no longer is patchable cleanly. Your task is to find out what and revert it.

    -- Rod
    I install the EFV tool and became the next IPKG-error :
    Code:
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    100 8394 100 8366 0 0 1194 0 0:00:07 0:00:07 --:--:-- 1640
    101 8394 101 8394 0 0 1173 0 0:00:07 0:00:07 --:--:-- 1975
    identify
    org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification.postinst 2>&1
    Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/splash-browser-startpage.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calculator/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/splash-calendar-day.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/images/splash-contacts-list.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/images/splash-email-accounts.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/splash-messaging-listview.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/multicall-resume-button-tall.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/splash-phone-dialpad.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/call-log-drawer-bg.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/phone-menu-short-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/conf-fade-bottom.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-fade-top.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/call-log-view-menu-bg.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/disconnect-button-tall.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/multicall-disconnect-button-tall.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/call-log-list-sprite.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/conf-fade-top.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/active-call-sprite.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.youtube/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-top.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scrim.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/card-shadow-tile.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/loading-card-scrim.png
    File: /etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/sources.json
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html
    File: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/images/scrim.png
    File: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/images/system-menu-background.png
    File: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    Removing package org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification from root...
    remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done
    delete
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    Nichts Interessantes.
  20. #3060  
    Quote Originally Posted by macjoshua View Post
    I install the EFV tool and became the next IPKG-error :
    Code:
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    100 8394 100 8366 0 0 1194 0 0:00:07 0:00:07 --:--:-- 1640
    101 8394 101 8394 0 0 1173 0 0:00:07 0:00:07 --:--:-- 1975
    identify
    org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification.postinst 2>&1
    Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/splash-browser-startpage.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calculator/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/splash-calendar-day.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/images/splash-contacts-list.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/images/splash-email-accounts.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/splash-messaging-listview.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/multicall-resume-button-tall.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/splash-phone-dialpad.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/call-log-drawer-bg.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/phone-menu-short-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/conf-fade-bottom.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-fade-top.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/call-log-view-menu-bg.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/disconnect-button-tall.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/multicall-disconnect-button-tall.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/call-log-list-sprite.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/conf-fade-top.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/active-call-sprite.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.youtube/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-top.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scrim.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/card-shadow-tile.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/loading-card-scrim.png
    File: /etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/sources.json
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html
    File: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/images/scrim.png
    File: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/images/system-menu-background.png
    File: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    Removing package org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification from root...
    remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done
    delete
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    Nichts Interessantes.
    Whatever you have installed which modified all those files is most likely the source of your problem. It is up to you to fix that first - it is your responsibility to only install things on your device that can be properly reverted. If you fail to uphold that responsibility, then you need to use the webOS Doctor and be more discerning next time around.

    -- Rod

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions