• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 150 of 167 FirstFirst ... 50100140145146147148149150151152153154155160 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3326
  1.    #2981  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    One more suggestion... It's now probably worth updating the OP in this thread to link to the WIKI... Currently...

... still dumps to your webpage which references "See the Wiki" but doesn't link.
    Yeah I know, but I hope that I could start the new thread soon I mean within week. Hopefully this weekend release will the last "release" candidate.
    Hi,

Thanks for this great program. Now, with the ability to shut off the vibration at night, I don't have to charge my Pre in another room. (My wife's a very light sleeper)

One suggestion. I'm wondering if there's a good way to tell what mode the Pre is in at any particular time. I would have thought this would show on the main screen. Could you please consider adding this feature, or show me where I can find it in the current version?
    Quote Originally Posted by howardbw View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for this great program. Now, with the ability to shut off the vibration at night, I don't have to charge my Pre in another room. (My wife's a very light sleeper)

One suggestion. I'm wondering if there's a good way to tell what mode the Pre is in at any particular time. I would have thought this would show on the main screen. Could you please consider adding this feature, or show me where I can find it in the current version?
    The current mode is shown in the mode menu patch if you have it installed.

See here. (EDIT: Sorry. That is the link to the Mode Switcher Wiki section regarding the patch I mentioned. It will tell you how to get the patch installed.)

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  4.    #2984  
    Hi,

There is the mode menu patch as said, but then you can always set it to change different wallpaper for example per mode so you know what mode is active (not the best when using modifier modes). But I really recommend the mode menu it is handy otherwise too.
  5.    #2985  
    The next .40 release will only block starting of modes if the blocking is set. Not closing. If complete locking of the current state is wanted then the MS app configuration now supports setting locking on / off which kinda freezes the current mode state as long as the current mode is manually changed or the lock is taken away.

The next version of mode menu patch will have + sign after the mode when there are modifier modes active. Also the unlocking of mode from the menu will call trigger all modes action. So modes that should not be active are closed and modes that should be are started.
    .39 is great so far. I really like the new options to trigger All Normal or All Modifier Modes.

I put one into my Default Mode on Start as a catch-all.

The only thing I don't understand is if I have it set to start Default Mode on boot, how come the app trigger is not called on boot? I can't figure out how to get it to boot into my Home mode if I reset the phone, it just boots into default but doesn't trigger anything.
    Hi,

Love the app and calander triggers. Got a question on each.

On the app trigger can you launch an app when another app closes? (e.g., when MHS closes launch Netstat so I can see were my usage is, or when at work launch email when email closes (I never close the email card at work))

On the calendar trigger can it find text in the location field? (e.g., when my main client sends me an invite they alway put the same thing in the location field, if it saw that location in the calendar event it would know to put turn my Quiet modifer mode on during the meeting)
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I would like the calender event to be triggered by the calender name. Example: I have a work calender that syncs through Pocketmirror and a personal calender that syncs with Google. I would like all of my work meetings to be triggered but not my personal meetings. Is this a possibility?
  9.    #2989  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    .39 is great so far. I really like the new options to trigger All Normal or All Modifier Modes.

I put one into my Default Mode on Start as a catch-all.

The only thing I don't understand is if I have it set to start Default Mode on boot, how come the app trigger is not called on boot? I can't figure out how to get it to boot into my Home mode if I reset the phone, it just boots into default but doesn't trigger anything.
    Do you mean that you have set Default mode to be started on boot and it starts, but it has MS app set to trigger your home mode? Or what do you mean by app trigger? Did not quite get what you want. What triggers your home mode has? And if you reboot should the home mode be active already if its valid and therefore the last active mode would already start that. It always helps to use the report problem action so I get the configuration and better picture about what is wanted.
  10.    #2990  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemh008 View Post
    Hi,

Love the app and calander triggers. Got a question on each.

On the app trigger can you launch an app when another app closes? (e.g., when MHS closes launch Netstat so I can see were my usage is, or when at work launch email when email closes (I never close the email card at work))

On the calendar trigger can it find text in the location field? (e.g., when my main client sends me an invite they alway put the same thing in the location field, if it saw that location in the calendar event it would know to put turn my Quiet modifer mode on during the meeting)
    The app trigger only supports activation based on if app is on foreground or not. So on app start/closing is not possible yet. This is due to WebOS limitation. At least I haven't found a way to receive notifications on app start/close without doing polling.

Currently the location field is not checked, but I will add it for next release.
  11.    #2991  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I would like the calender event to be triggered by the calender name. Example: I have a work calender that syncs through Pocketmirror and a personal calender that syncs with Google. I would like all of my work meetings to be triggered but not my personal meetings. Is this a possibility?
    So you want to trigger for every event in your work calendar. Yes its possible, the latest version has a calendar selector in the calevent trigger and by leaving the match word empty it should match every event.
    since the 1.4.5 update I don't think mode switcher is starting up on a hard restart anymore. At the moment I just want to use MS to start govnah, but I will expand to more powerful uses later.
  13.    #2993  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappy1850 View Post
    since the 1.4.5 update I don't think mode switcher is starting up on a hard restart anymore. At the moment I just want to use MS to start govnah, but I will expand to more powerful uses later.
    Whats a hard restart and why someone would need to do one? Anyway I think there's nothing that I can do if its a WebOS safe mechanism that background apps are not started on hard restart. Since it is going to need at least a luna restart to get MS started. I could add a scene saying that MS is not running background and offer button to restart luna, but thats pretty much all I can think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappy1850 View Post
    By hard reset to you mean like pulling the battery while the device is on or by pressing the power button and doing a shut down and then turning the device back on?

If so, possibly your launch MS on luna boot patch is borked? Just a thought.

After doing battery pulls, etc... my MS always starts up without issue.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    The headphone trigger only checks whether or not it is connected or not, right?

I seem to have an issue with the type of headphone/cable that is plugged into my Pre and whether or not the trigger will fire. So to me it's not a MS issue. I just happened to notice it testing out the MS headphone trigger and figured the rest of you gurus might have a clue.

Standard headphones (tried many pairs), triggers works great!
    Extension cable between my Pre and my cars (and wife's car) aux/mp3 jack, no trigger. Music plays fine into the car stereo, just no MS trigger.

Any audiophile experts care to explain to me if there are differences in the cable ends? They look the same to me, then again so does butterscotch and caramel pudding.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It actually does not check the headset connection at all. It only notices when the audio scenario changes to media_headset. I think it is possible that there is other scenario when aux cable is connected. I have to test this in my car and then add options to the headphone trigger if needed. I am not 100% sure that it is possible, but lets see.
    I was able to test out the added "headset_mic profile" option for the headphone trigger after updating to .39 last night.

Purely amazing!

Thank you again for looking into the issue and adding the option for that "profile".

It is greatly appreciated!

I didn't know about the mode menu patch. It looks great -- well designed, and easy to get to.

Thanks.
    Do you mean that you have set Default mode to be started on boot and it starts, but it has MS app set to trigger your home mode? Or what do you mean by app trigger? Did not quite get what you want. What triggers your home mode has? And if you reboot should the home mode be active already if its valid and therefore the last active mode would already start that. It always helps to use the report problem action so I get the configuration and better picture about what is wanted.
    Yes, default mode starts and has an MS. App trigger for 'all normal modes', but thay trigger doesn't seem to get called.

I can't get it to restart Night mode after my middle of the night reset, either.

I'll try to send a prob. report next time.
  18.    #2998  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Yes, default mode starts and has an MS. App trigger for 'all normal modes', but thay trigger doesn't seem to get called.

I can't get it to restart Night mode after my middle of the night reset, either.

I'll try to send a prob. report next time.
    Ok I will test this and if theres something to fix it'll be in next release. It might be that I missed something when adding the all * options or then the startup procedure is in a need of a bug fix.
    I didn't know about the mode menu patch. It looks great -- well designed, and easy to get to.

Thanks.
    No problem. Your welcome!

Well the mode should go on right away when you place your phone to TS and are connected to your home SSID. The delay is only for closing of the mode. Are you sure the SSID is set right? It is case sensitive. If you are sure that you have set your SSID correctly you can always use the report problem action in the menu (when in main view of MS configuration). It will send me logs and I can see why its not working. But those two triggers should work just fine so my guess is on the wrong SSID (try the plain connected to be sure if cannot determine what is the correct case of your SSID).

I am thinking if I should change the SSID and calendar event match word to be case-insensitive since does anybody need that fine control? If yes then I let it be as it is.
    It is working now. Used Connected instead of Connected to. I also turned on notification banner so that I can see MS switching to my new mode. I added a GPS trigger so that the Pre knows I am home and not at work. It took awhile for the BT connection to get turned on, but all seems good now.

thanks,
    Scott
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)