• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 148 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4898138143144145146147148149150151152153158 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 3326
    Any custom patched setting not available in the lists in MS you can set the device to the setting and MS will preload the value into the mode being created or modified when you add the setting to the mode. I did this for my force screen on mode for when I'm doing certain kinds of testing I need the screen to stay on. Which is why that standby times deluxe patch contains a 24 hour time. The longer up to 30 minutes are for those who like to do e-reader/bible etc kinds of stuff that you want the screen to stay on without having to touch it every little bit.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I love Mode Switcher now that some of the kinks have been worked out. I have all sorts of modes that I use. There are two requests that I would like to see added eventually. One I know is in the works. First I would like to be able to select which calendar(s) for a trigger. I currently subscribe to multiple calendars and my "meeting" mode kicks off for meetings in my subscribed calendars. I would like to be able to select my "business" and "personal" calendars for the trigger.

The second request is for the ability to open then close an app. For instance, when my Pre reboots every night, I have my default mode launch JSTop and Wallpaper Switcheroo and Quick System Tasks. Quick System Tasks minimizes itself but JSTop and Switcheroo stick around. I would like the ability for them to start then close themselves leaving background processes running so JSTop continues its garbage collection and Switcheroo automatically changes my wallpaper.
  3.    #2943  
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I love Mode Switcher now that some of the kinks have been worked out. I have all sorts of modes that I use. There are two requests that I would like to see added eventually. One I know is in the works. First I would like to be able to select which calendar(s) for a trigger. I currently subscribe to multiple calendars and my "meeting" mode kicks off for meetings in my subscribed calendars. I would like to be able to select my "business" and "personal" calendars for the trigger.

The second request is for the ability to open then close an app. For instance, when my Pre reboots every night, I have my default mode launch JSTop and Wallpaper Switcheroo and Quick System Tasks. Quick System Tasks minimizes itself but JSTop and Switcheroo stick around. I would like the ability for them to start then close themselves leaving background processes running so JSTop continues its garbage collection and Switcheroo automatically changes my wallpaper.
    As you said the first is in the works and in next release.

The second is not directly a MS problem IMHO. It would be better if those apps would support a launch parameter for starting them in background/minimized mode. If they already have them then just tell me and I will make app extensions for them.
    Where do I find mode switcher patch? I dont see it in preware. when i search for it, Launch mode switcher on luna boot is the only patch that comes up.
  5.    #2945  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg727 View Post
    Where do I find mode switcher patch? I dont see it in preware. when i search for it, Launch mode switcher on luna boot is the only patch that comes up.
    Mode switcher is an app and lives currently in WebOS internals testing feed. If you mean the mode menu patch then with those search words it can be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg727 View Post
    If you are referring to the System Menu Mode Menu patch that provides the drop-down menu from the top bar to easily switch modes, that patch is found in the WebOS-Internals patch feed.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Hi Janne --

One question and a suggestion...

Question: Just wondering... Where does "Sconix" come from?

Suggestion: In the applications list, would it be possible (even if it's after 1.0 release) to use the keyboard to jump to the first app following that letter. I now have more than 80 apps and my default action is to start typing when I see a list to jump to the area where I want to get... (even better would be type "M O D E...." to narrow the selection to MS, but jumping to first "M" app would do as a start...)
    Tried to build my 1st trigger-based Mode. I wanted Bluetooth to turn on when my Pre+ is on the Touchstone at home. I set triggers for Charge Event = Touchstone with a 3 sec delay and WiFi State Connected to myhomeSSID with No Delay.

The Pre is connected to myhomeSSID and I expected BT to turn on after its on the Touchstone for 3 secs. However, nothing happens with I place the phone on the stone.

Behavior = All Unique

Any debugging tips?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  9.    #2949  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Tried to build my 1st trigger-based Mode. I wanted Bluetooth to turn on when my Pre+ is on the Touchstone at home. I set triggers for Charge Event = Touchstone with a 3 sec delay and WiFi State Connected to myhomeSSID with No Delay.

The Pre is connected to myhomeSSID and I expected BT to turn on after its on the Touchstone for 3 secs. However, nothing happens with I place the phone on the stone.

Behavior = All Unique

Any debugging tips?
    Well the mode should go on right away when you place your phone to TS and are connected to your home SSID. The delay is only for closing of the mode. Are you sure the SSID is set right? It is case sensitive. If you are sure that you have set your SSID correctly you can always use the report problem action in the menu (when in main view of MS configuration). It will send me logs and I can see why its not working. But those two triggers should work just fine so my guess is on the wrong SSID (try the plain connected to be sure if cannot determine what is the correct case of your SSID).

I am thinking if I should change the SSID and calendar event match word to be case-insensitive since does anybody need that fine control? If yes then I let it be as it is.
  10.    #2950  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hi Janne --

One question and a suggestion...

Question: Just wondering... Where does "Sconix" come from?

Suggestion: In the applications list, would it be possible (even if it's after 1.0 release) to use the keyboard to jump to the first app following that letter. I now have more than 80 apps and my default action is to start typing when I see a list to jump to the area where I want to get... (even better would be type "M O D E...." to narrow the selection to MS, but jumping to first "M" app would do as a start...)
    Sconix has been my computer login for many years and where it comes...well lets leave that as a secret Its just that there is no reasonable story for that...

The list of apps is basic popup menu widget which I think don't have support for keyboard jumping. At some point I will try to figure out nicer way to present the apps since I know that even with fewer apps its a bit pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I am thinking if I should change the SSID and calendar event match word to be case-insensitive since does anybody need that fine control? If yes then I let it be as it is.
    I have no preference. Either way is fine with me.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  12.    #2952  
    Will have to postpone tonight release for tomorrow morning. And even still it might not have fixed GPS trigger. Will anyway do release since this has few bug fixes. If the GPS trigger fix wont make to this release then I release it on Friday.
    Question about modifier modes, that I haven't seen asked.
    If I am in a normal mode, but manually change a setting, (ex. I turn on BT), and then I put my Pre on a TS for which I have a modifier mode to simply start the timepiece app, why does the BT turn back off. It appears that the modified mode is re-loading the normal mode fully and then applying the modifier settings. I would expect that only the modifier settings would be applied. Similarly, in reverse, when leaving a modifier mode, I would not expect the whole normal mode to be reloaded, but simply the modified settings.

Also, one minor bug. If I have messages turned off for a normal mode, and then a modifier, also with messages disabled, kicks in, a notification comes up telling me that the normal mode is being updated. Thanks
  14.    #2954  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggarvey View Post
    Question about modifier modes, that I haven't seen asked.
    If I am in a normal mode, but manually change a setting, (ex. I turn on BT), and then I put my Pre on a TS for which I have a modifier mode to simply start the timepiece app, why does the BT turn back off. It appears that the modified mode is re-loading the normal mode fully and then applying the modifier settings. I would expect that only the modifier settings would be applied. Similarly, in reverse, when leaving a modifier mode, I would not expect the whole normal mode to be reloaded, but simply the modified settings.

Also, one minor bug. If I have messages turned off for a normal mode, and then a modifier, also with messages disabled, kicks in, a notification comes up telling me that the normal mode is being updated. Thanks
    Yes the current logic is that modifier modes edit the normal mode and then normal mode is loaded. This was easy to implement But I plan to add checks that only changed settings are loaded. Not for next release, but the one after that should have that code in.

EDIT: it was easier than I thought so this is also in next release as is the bug fix for the bug you mentioned. The release is out either Thursday night or Friday afternoon (Finland time) depending on how my other tasks go.
    Last edited by sconix; 08/11/2010 at 07:52 PM.
    Sconix do you have a donation setup? I'm making a list of people I will be donating to once I have a good steady income with surplus again.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Sconix do you have a donation setup? I'm making a list of people I will be donating to once I have a good steady income with surplus again.
    His paypal donate link/button is in the OP.

I recently sent him another donation, but if I fall into some more money, I'll have to send another one after this latest round of additions/fixes, etc... The app and patches are purely genius!

Super useful. I have different modes for bedside (time + touchstone), desk (time + touchstone), outside, running, and ereader. I would find it useful if you could incorporate the "Brightness Unlinked" functionality into this app. Then I could turn off the keyboard light when I'm outside and want the screen bright so I can see it in the sun, but don't need the keyboard light. I could create a night time mode which turns up the keyboard light and keeps the screen brightness low.
    Quote Originally Posted by pgwillia View Post
    ...I would find it useful if you could incorporate the "Brightness Unlinked" functionality into this app. Then I could turn off the keyboard light when I'm outside and want the screen bright so I can see it in the sun, but don't need the keyboard light. I could create a night time mode which turns up the keyboard light and keeps the screen brightness low.
    I've pointed this out before in this thread, but I ditched BU and went with the inverted keyboard brightness patch. This patch is awesome and is a great companion to Mode Switcher.

You should check it out... inverted keyboard brightness patch. There are two versions. I am speaking specifically of the inverted-keyboard-brightness patch.

The patch automatically sets the keyboard brightness to an inverse value of what the screen brightness is set to. So when your screen brightness is set high (like when your outside) the keyboard is really low (basically almost off). As then if the screen was set really low, the keyboard brightness would be cranked up (like when it is dark or low light conditions).

Note that the patch is not in Preware yet, but you can install with WOSQI or Internalz.

Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    His paypal donate link/button is in the OP.

I recently sent him another donation, but if I fall into some more money, I'll have to send another one after this latest round of additions/fixes, etc... The app and patches are purely genius!
    I guess I should have checked there first That's me on the left and my brain on the right.
    I like the change to only update modified settings. Not seeing the volume pop up on every single mode change will be pretty cool. :-)

I also have a bug related to the app trigger. The associated app is closed but the mode is not closing as it should. I did the report problem thing.