• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 147 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4797137142143144145146147148149150151152157 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 3326
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Most of the times it has happened is after I close Mode Switcher itself after modifying an unrelated mode. It will revert from my Home mode to Default Mode with a banner saying "Updating Default Mode", even though it is still connected to the wifi that triggers my Home mode.

The other few times I can't explain yet because I've woken up in the morning to the device in Default when it's supposed to be set to Home. I'll see if I can narrow down what's going on.
    same issue with me as well.
    I have a touchstone(charger event trigger) mode and home mode(wifi trigger [ connected to and connected]).
    when I remove my Pre from touchstone, it goes into default mode and remains in default mode. It doesn't switch to "home" mode.
  2.    #2922  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    Through the first 70 pages or so I had read every post, but then I went into the ER, bought a Camaro I've been working on, etc. and unfortunately I've fallen a bit behind. I apologize if this has been addressed before, but I doubt it has.

I set up a calendar trigger. I put in part of the name of the event. It didn't work. I'm assuming the text has to be in the notes field?

Also, some idea about how it triggers. 1: It would be cool to have an option for it to trigger at the reminder time (i.e. 10 mins before event). 2: It would be cool to have an option to trigger when event reminder is dismissed (i.e. I have an event for work at 9am. It reminds me at 8:50. I get to work at 8:55 and dismiss the reminder. I would like it to trigger at 8:55)

Don't know if these are possible, but does it make sense?
    Calendar trigger has bug that it does not close in every situation. This is hopefully fixed in next release. But the starting should work. The text can be neither in subject or notes, but it is case sensitive. So maybe try with next release and if it does not work then use the report problem action in the app menu while in main configuration view so I get logs and can see why.

I am pretty sure that the option for triggering when reminder is dismissed is not possible, but the triggering on reminder time would be, but not sure how easy would it to make it work reliably or without too complex check process. So at least I won't be adding it now, maybe after 1.0.0 at some point when I start to think how to expand the existing triggers.
  3.    #2923  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    same issue with me as well.
    I have a touchstone(charger event trigger) mode and home mode(wifi trigger [ connected to and connected]).
    when I remove my Pre from touchstone, it goes into default mode and remains in default mode. It doesn't switch to "home" mode.
    As it should. If both are normal modes then when ever mode is closed it goes to default mode. The other modes are not checked for whether they are valid or not since this is not usually wanted. The modes activate solely on triggers. So your home mode activates only on wifi connection is made. If you want home mode to activate after your touchstone mode closes then add MS app into the application list of your touchstone mode and ask it to trigger your home mode on mode close. Then you get the effect you want.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    As it should. If both are normal modes then when ever mode is closed it goes to default mode. The other modes are not checked for whether they are valid or not since this is not usually wanted. The modes activate solely on triggers. So your home mode activates only on wifi connection is made. If you want home mode to activate after your touchstone mode closes then add MS app into the application list of your touchstone mode and ask it to trigger your home mode on mode close. Then you get the effect you want.
    Thank you. This is exaclty what I needed.
  5.    #2925  
    At least one more verified bug. The delay option in charger/wifi triggers only work for normal modes and not for modifier modes. This is fixed in next release.

I am still looking into wifi trigger bug that when MS is reloaded (on configuration exit) it causes default mode to be started.
    Exactly.

That goes back to my tip of just using the Default Mode as a catchall trigger check.
  7.    #2927  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Exactly.

That goes back to my tip of just using the Default Mode as a catchall trigger check.
    Damit I did not even realize that myself That to get MS to work as it was at some point all that is needed is that I might need to add a any mode to trigger option though for this to be more easy. Will add for next release.

I think MS starts to be feature ready for 1.0.0 since if even I the developer cannot keep up with all the stuff it can do
    Damit I did not even realize that myself That to get MS to work as it was at some point all that is needed is that I might need to add a any mode to trigger option though for this to be more easy. Will add for next release.

I think MS starts to be feature ready for 1.0.0 since if even I the developer cannot keep up with all the stuff it can do
    Yesssss, an "any mode trigger option" is what I've been waiting for.
  9.    #2929  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Yesssss, an "any mode trigger option" is what I've been waiting for.
    As wiki now says it'll be in next release What this means is that for normal modes the mode higher in the list will be taken in situation where multiple normal modes would be valid. For modifier modes of course all are started.

And to be more precise the trigger option has All normal/All modifier and close option has also the All Modifiers modes option.
    Last edited by sconix; 08/10/2010 at 06:12 PM.
  10.    #2930  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I just noticed the "On Mode Switch" option for MS app configuration. How exactly can this be used?
    That is there to separate these two cases: on mode close means when mode is closing (going to default mode) and on mode switch is when mode is switching to some another mode (other than default mode). Since normally nobody wants to set MS to start another normal mode when mode switches to some other mode since it would override the actual switching of mode. But for modifier modes this makes sense that they would be started in any case.
    The 'any trigger' option would put the icing on the cake. Thanks sconix.
  12.    #2932  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey Sconix -- I don't think I've seen any reports of the charger 'trigger-end' delays not working, but I'm seeing that here. I have a "Bright" modifier mode tied to: All Unique - TS charger (for now) and TOD: All Days 8am-8pm. I've noticed a couple of things:

the Bright Modifier Mode is occurring when it's supposed to and turning off when pulled from TS, but

1. Banner notification of "Updating WORK mode" only happens sometimes (Yes, Banner is set in the Modifier settings)... same issue at mode end -- no banner notice.
    2. The 60 second delay is not happening.

Just to be sure, I deleted the "Bright" modifier mode I used to have before 0.9.38 and created a new one.
    So the delay thing with modifier modes was a bug and is fixed in next release. But about the problem number 1. If the modifier mode has some settings that should update the work mode (i.e. settings that differ) and you don't have other modifier modes active with banner notify set to disabled then the banner should show. If you can reproduce this please use the report problem action from the MS configuration menu to send me the log files so I could see what is causing it since I am not experiencing this.
    I was just reviewing all my settings and modes, etc...

While checking my default mode, I noticed that the "Turn Off After" setting under the Screen settings only give me {Do not set, 15 and 30 seconds, & 1, 2, 3, and 5 minutes.}

I didn't check but I must have a patch installed that adds more options because I see options in the Screen & Lock app of additional minutes (10, 15, 20, 25, 30) and 24 hours.

Sconix: Do you have the list of times hard coded or are you reading from the list in the Screen & Lock app? If so, does it not read options added by patches?

Do you think that it would be possible to get more time options to show in MS?

Many thanks.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  14.    #2934  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I was just reviewing all my settings and modes, etc...

While checking my default mode, I noticed that the "Turn Off After" setting under the Screen settings only give me {Do not set, 15 and 30 seconds, & 1, 2, 3, and 5 minutes.}

I didn't check but I must have a patch installed that adds more options because I see options in the Screen & Lock app of additional minutes (10, 15, 20, 25, 30) and 24 hours.

Sconix: Do you have the list of times hard coded or are you reading from the list in the Screen & Lock app? If so, does it not read options added by patches?

Do you think that it would be possible to get more time options to show in MS?

Many thanks.
    The list of times are hard coded in the screen and lock app so they cannot be retrieved from there so they are also hard coded in MS too. I added the same times than the other patch adds, did not add those you listed since I don't see use for them for most of the people since that long times would eat the battery in no time. But nothing prevents making a patch that adds times to MS.
    thanks for this app! Will try it now!
    Anyone having trouble getting the app to launch? (Sprint Pre just updated to 1.4.5)

I unloaded and reloaded everything from the testing feed, but the app wont launch.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  17.    #2937  
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    Anyone having trouble getting the app to launch? (Sprint Pre just updated to 1.4.5)

I unloaded and reloaded everything from the testing feed, but the app wont launch.
    If you get the glowing card it means that the start MS on luna start patch is not installed. Even if Preware tells so then it most likely still is not so uninstall the patch and app manually and then install them again. It should help.

Works great on Vodafone DE Pre Plus. I did the installation after the upgrade.
    If you get the glowing card it means that the start MS on luna start patch is not installed. Even if Preware tells so then it most likely still is not so uninstall the patch and app manually and then install them again. It should help.
    The card does not come up. The icon lights up (as when pressed on), and then, after a second or two, returns to normal. I've unloaded/reloaded/rebooted several times to no avail.

I had deleted the prior version via the app launcher instead of via Preware - could that have left files behind that would interefere with the new version?
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  20.    #2940  
    The card does not come up. The icon lights up (as when pressed on), and then, after a second or two, returns to normal. I've unloaded/reloaded/rebooted several times to no avail.

I had deleted the prior version via the app launcher instead of via Preware - could that have left files behind that would interefere with the new version?
    If the card does not even show up then I am not sure what is going on.You can send me your /var/log/messages log so I could take a peak that does it tell what is wrong. Other than that I don't have a clue. And as far as I know deleting through app launcher should not make a difference.