• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 146 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4696136141142143144145146147148149150151156 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 3326
    With the update I installed yesterday, all the apps for various modes are launching at the right times; great work Sconix! Looking forward to the 1.0.0 release so we can see this awesome app featured on the main page.

I'd still like to know if anyone has an idea of how to disable alarms (the ones you set through the clock app) via MS or some other method. I'd like MS to turn off my "wake up" alarm if I get up earlier than my alarm is set to go off.
  2.    #2902  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suava View Post
    With the update I installed yesterday, all the apps for various modes are launching at the right times; great work Sconix! Looking forward to the 1.0.0 release so we can see this awesome app featured on the main page.

I'd still like to know if anyone has an idea of how to disable alarms (the ones you set through the clock app) via MS or some other method. I'd like MS to turn off my "wake up" alarm if I get up earlier than my alarm is set to go off.
    The current release still has bug if you have set close all apps option, but it is fixed in next release so app starting should start to be fully working.

There is no way to disable alarms of the clock app since it does not support launch parameters neither it has service that MS could query for alarms so even the making of extension for controlling clock is out of the question. I use timepiece since with that alarms can be set to be active only when its on so I can set my mode to close the app if I wake earlier, but still when the app is started next night it has alarm already set up. So no matter what I do I only need to always set my phone to TS on night and take it off on morning nothing else needed and I always have my alarm set if I happen to need one
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I use timepiece since with that alarms can be set to be active only when its on so I can set my mode to close the app if I wake earlier, but still when the app is started next night it has alarm already set up. So no matter what I do I only need to always set my phone to TS on night and take it off on morning nothing else needed and I always have my alarm set if I happen to need one
    Awesome, I'll check out that app.
  4.    #2904  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suava View Post
    Awesome, I'll check out that app.
    It also allows setting the app to close after alarm is dismissed. This is good in a setup like mine. Just telling if someone has been thinking of same but don't know how to set it up.

My night mode has two triggers: time 22:00-09:00 and TS charger + orientation (+ all unique option set). It silence all sounds except media volume (its what timepiece alarm uses) and starts time piece which may have alarms from 8:00 to 11:00 depending on what day it is. This means that no matter what day it is the night mode closes on 09:00 which I have decided that is late enough for phone calls etc to wake me up, but since my mode wont close timepiece the alarm still wakes me up what ever time it is set. And after I dismiss my alarm the app closes. So no manual things to do (only dismissing the alarm if I sleep that late). This way I can sleep my nights without any interruption, but wake up when there is an alarm or phone call on the morning.
    I let tobias to answer this. I plan to revise the help page to include wiki/forum/manual links so it would be nice to if the manual worked on the Pre.
    Yeah, for some reason the embedded Google Docs don't load on the Pre.

I'll be adding a link to a PDF version of the manual into the header of the manual page, which can be downloaded and viewed on the phone.
    Tobias, I can't PRINT the documentation from my computer using google docs, either. The only thing that prints is the left column. A PDF document would be great, thanks
    Bill
    Update: there is now a link to download the entire manual in a single PDF.

It's not formatted perfectly; that's something I'll work on when I get started on the updates for the RC candidate of MS.
    I just noticed the "On Mode Switch" option for MS app configuration. How exactly can this be used?
    Whenever I'm listening through headphones, if I get a call or SMS I get "blasted" by the extreme volume level.

I tried setting a mode where if headset was plugged in the volume for ringtones and alerts is reduced to about 10-20%, but it doesn't seem to do anything - my eardrums still get blasted just as severely.

Can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong - do the volume settings for ringtones and alerts only affect how it's heard through the speaker, and not how loud it comes in through the headset?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    The headphone trigger only checks whether or not it is connected or not, right?

I seem to have an issue with the type of headphone/cable that is plugged into my Pre and whether or not the trigger will fire. So to me it's not a MS issue. I just happened to notice it testing out the MS headphone trigger and figured the rest of you gurus might have a clue.

Standard headphones (tried many pairs), triggers works great!
    Extension cable between my Pre and my cars (and wife's car) aux/mp3 jack, no trigger. Music plays fine into the car stereo, just no MS trigger.

Any audiophile experts care to explain to me if there are differences in the cable ends? They look the same to me, then again so does butterscotch and caramel pudding.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  11.    #2911  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Whenever I'm listening through headphones, if I get a call or SMS I get "blasted" by the extreme volume level.

I tried setting a mode where if headset was plugged in the volume for ringtones and alerts is reduced to about 10-20%, but it doesn't seem to do anything - my eardrums still get blasted just as severely.

Can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong - do the volume settings for ringtones and alerts only affect how it's heard through the speaker, and not how loud it comes in through the headset?
    I think the headphones volume is separate from those. I haven't yet quite got how the volume system works, but when I have time I will look into this and if needed at some configuration options into MS.
  12.    #2912  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    The headphone trigger only checks whether or not it is connected or not, right?

I seem to have an issue with the type of headphone/cable that is plugged into my Pre and whether or not the trigger will fire. So to me it's not a MS issue. I just happened to notice it testing out the MS headphone trigger and figured the rest of you gurus might have a clue.

Standard headphones (tried many pairs), triggers works great!
    Extension cable between my Pre and my cars (and wife's car) aux/mp3 jack, no trigger. Music plays fine into the car stereo, just no MS trigger.

Any audiophile experts care to explain to me if there are differences in the cable ends? They look the same to me, then again so does butterscotch and caramel pudding.
    It actually does not check the headset connection at all. It only notices when the audio scenario changes to media_headset. I think it is possible that there is other scenario when aux cable is connected. I have to test this in my car and then add options to the headphone trigger if needed. I am not 100% sure that it is possible, but lets see.
    It actually does not check the headset connection at all. It only notices when the audio scenario changes to media_headset. I think it is possible that there is other scenario when aux cable is connected. I have to test this in my car and then add options to the headphone trigger if needed. I am not 100% sure that it is possible, but lets see.
    Oh, well thanks for looking into it further then. Greatly appreciated.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Actually it should not fall to default mode. If it does it means that some of the triggers is giving miss information when reloading the triggers. So if this happen then please send the problem report through the menu action and tell what mode was on before the closing of MS / restarting. Since it is very likely that I have forgot something from some triggers initialization code so that it gives false information on "restart".
    Most of the times it has happened is after I close Mode Switcher itself after modifying an unrelated mode. It will revert from my Home mode to Default Mode with a banner saying "Updating Default Mode", even though it is still connected to the wifi that triggers my Home mode.

The other few times I can't explain yet because I've woken up in the morning to the device in Default when it's supposed to be set to Home. I'll see if I can narrow down what's going on.
  15.    #2915  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Most of the times it has happened is after I close Mode Switcher itself after modifying an unrelated mode. It will revert from my Home mode to Default Mode with a banner saying "Updating Default Mode", even though it is still connected to the wifi that triggers my Home mode.

The other few times I can't explain yet because I've woken up in the morning to the device in Default when it's supposed to be set to Home. I'll see if I can narrow down what's going on.
    So the fault is some of the triggers in your home mode. Is there any other than wifi triggers?
    Hey Sconix -- I don't think I've seen any reports of the charger 'trigger-end' delays not working, but I'm seeing that here. I have a "Bright" modifier mode tied to: All Unique - TS charger (for now) and TOD: All Days 8am-8pm. I've noticed a couple of things:

the Bright Modifier Mode is occurring when it's supposed to and turning off when pulled from TS, but

1. Banner notification of "Updating WORK mode" only happens sometimes (Yes, Banner is set in the Modifier settings)... same issue at mode end -- no banner notice.
    2. The 60 second delay is not happening.

Just to be sure, I deleted the "Bright" modifier mode I used to have before 0.9.38 and created a new one.
  17.    #2917  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey Sconix -- I don't think I've seen any reports of the charger 'trigger-end' delays not working, but I'm seeing that here. I have a "Bright" modifier mode tied to: All Unique - TS charger (for now) and TOD: All Days 8am-8pm. I've noticed a couple of things:

the Bright Modifier Mode is occurring when it's supposed to and turning off when pulled from TS, but

1. Banner notification of "Updating WORK mode" only happens sometimes (Yes, Banner is set in the Modifier settings)... same issue at mode end -- no banner notice.
    2. The 60 second delay is not happening.

Just to be sure, I deleted the "Bright" modifier mode I used to have before 0.9.38 and created a new one.
    The banner only comes when there is some setting to be updated so it wont come in every case when the mode starts/closes. Also if modifier mode has no banner set (which is not the case) then it overrides the setting from normal mode. At least for me the delay works. So the best thing is to do the above and just after that use the report problem action. So I get the logs and see what is happening.
    In regard to the headset trigger, there is a difference in plugs and maybe webos profiles depending on what you plug in potentially. I'm guessing the pre has four contacts in the plug: Left, right, microphone and ground. It could be picking different profiles based on whether or not your plug has 3 contacts (aux cable with L/R/G) or four contacts (stereo headset w/mic for talking on the phone L/R/M/G or Mono with mic Mono/Mic/G). Beyond this, I have no idea how webos interprets what to do with the plug. For what it's worth, I'm guessing it tests for the plug type by sending current through the mic contact and if there is no resistance going into the ground, then it assumes it is the 3 contact aux plug. Just throwing the idea out there.
  19.    #2919  
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    In regard to the headset trigger, there is a difference in plugs and maybe webos profiles depending on what you plug in potentially. I'm guessing the pre has four contacts in the plug: Left, right, microphone and ground. It could be picking different profiles based on whether or not your plug has 3 contacts (aux cable with L/R/G) or four contacts (stereo headset w/mic for talking on the phone L/R/M/G or Mono with mic Mono/Mic/G). Beyond this, I have no idea how webos interprets what to do with the plug. For what it's worth, I'm guessing it tests for the plug type by sending current through the mic contact and if there is no resistance going into the ground, then it assumes it is the 3 contact aux plug. Just throwing the idea out there.
    This is my understanding as well so it is possible that there is other audio scenarios too switched based on plugging the jack. Will have to test.
    Through the first 70 pages or so I had read every post, but then I went into the ER, bought a Camaro I've been working on, etc. and unfortunately I've fallen a bit behind. I apologize if this has been addressed before, but I doubt it has.

I set up a calendar trigger. I put in part of the name of the event. It didn't work. I'm assuming the text has to be in the notes field?

Also, some idea about how it triggers. 1: It would be cool to have an option for it to trigger at the reminder time (i.e. 10 mins before event). 2: It would be cool to have an option to trigger when event reminder is dismissed (i.e. I have an event for work at 9am. It reminds me at 8:50. I get to work at 8:55 and dismiss the reminder. I would like it to trigger at 8:55)

Don't know if these are possible, but does it make sense?