View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 145 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4595135140141142143144145146147148149150155 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 3326
  1. bbroecker's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #2881  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I only tested the calendar trigger with 5 minute event and at least in that test it started and ended, but it is possible that there is some bug left.

    The calendar selection will definitely come at some point. And I haven't thought about empty string, but will make it possible for next release. Also the negative option is in next release. The OR logic is there (just add more of those triggers). And the AND will come when I come up with a nice way of selecting which triggers need to be valid for mode to trigger. I want to keep a single trigger as simple as possible, but then through MS capabilities they will get more "powerful".
    There is definitely something going on with the trigger end. I have my 'meeting' mode setup as such:
    Mode Type - Normal
    Auto Start - After Timer
    Auto Close - Immediate
    Triggers Required - All Unique
    Block Mode - No Blocking
    Trigger 1 - calendar trigger, with a 'space' in the search string
    Trigger 2 - time of day trigger for my working hours

    The Mode activates properly, but it is not deactivating when the meeting ends. If I close the mode manually, everything goes back to normal.

    And, of course, the OR logic is there, thanks for pointing that out.
  2.    #2882  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbroecker View Post
    There is definitely something going on with the trigger end. I have my 'meeting' mode setup as such:
    Mode Type - Normal
    Auto Start - After Timer
    Auto Close - Immediate
    Triggers Required - All Unique
    Block Mode - No Blocking
    Trigger 1 - calendar trigger, with a 'space' in the search string
    Trigger 2 - time of day trigger for my working hours

    The Mode activates properly, but it is not deactivating when the meeting ends. If I close the mode manually, everything goes back to normal.

    And, of course, the OR logic is there, thanks for pointing that out.
    I will do some testing with this trigger now and add those empty string and negation options. I'll let you know if I find the bug here soon.
  3. #2883  
    Headphone trigger is wonderful!

    Created a mod mode to crank up the media volume and launch Music Remix on either the headphone trigger or stereo bluetooth connection. Awesome!

    So I couldn't wait until I got home... Did a little testing at work instead!

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  4.    #2884  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbroecker View Post
    There is definitely something going on with the trigger end. I have my 'meeting' mode setup as such:
    Mode Type - Normal
    Auto Start - After Timer
    Auto Close - Immediate
    Triggers Required - All Unique
    Block Mode - No Blocking
    Trigger 1 - calendar trigger, with a 'space' in the search string
    Trigger 2 - time of day trigger for my working hours

    The Mode activates properly, but it is not deactivating when the meeting ends. If I close the mode manually, everything goes back to normal.

    And, of course, the OR logic is there, thanks for pointing that out.
    Weird I tested with this config (not using space but another match) and it did close the mode when event ended...

    So could you do a test with shorter event and if it fails use the report problem so I get the log.
  5. #2885  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Got me there. Reason I was asking is that I was not seeing what I expected it to do. After you answered my questions, some of the tests should have worked. I'll try a few more things and get back to you/send a report in.

    Thanks.
    To quote myself?...

    Not that it was called for, but after restarting the device a second time (not luna), my calendar triggers** worked flawlessly.

    Thanks again!

    EDIT: ** both an all day event and a scheduled event.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 08/09/2010 at 03:33 PM.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  6. bbroecker's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #2886  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Weird I tested with this config (not using space but another match) and it did close the mode when event ended...

    So could you do a test with shorter event and if it fails use the report problem so I get the log.
    I setup a five minute appointment in Exchange, made sure it was synched to my Pre, and waited. At 2:40, MS popped the countdown on this mode, which I let expire, and the mode was changed. Five minutes later, nothing happened. I've got a Google Calendar appointment coming up in 10 minutes (another test) and I'll see if that produces different results. In the mean time, I've hit the 'Report Problem' button and sent it on its way.
  7.    #2887  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbroecker View Post
    I setup a five minute appointment in Exchange, made sure it was synched to my Pre, and waited. At 2:40, MS popped the countdown on this mode, which I let expire, and the mode was changed. Five minutes later, nothing happened. I've got a Google Calendar appointment coming up in 10 minutes (another test) and I'll see if that produces different results. In the mean time, I've hit the 'Report Problem' button and sent it on its way.
    Sadly the messages log was rotated just before you send the log so it did not show the point of activation or actually it only had around 100 lines so not much MS related did show
    Last edited by sconix; 08/09/2010 at 03:19 PM.
  8.    #2888  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbroecker View Post
    I setup a five minute appointment in Exchange, made sure it was synched to my Pre, and waited. At 2:40, MS popped the countdown on this mode, which I let expire, and the mode was changed. Five minutes later, nothing happened. I've got a Google Calendar appointment coming up in 10 minutes (another test) and I'll see if that produces different results. In the mean time, I've hit the 'Report Problem' button and sent it on its way.
    I might have found a bug that could cause the cal event trigger to fail. Since usually the time notifications from WebOS comes second or two later that they are set, but sometimes they are just on time. And I did not take this into account the calevent trigger may give false positive for the trigger which causes the closing not to go through. This is the only thing I could think that could cause your problem. This is fixed in next release.
  9. bbroecker's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #2889  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Sadly the messages log was rotated just before you send the log so it did not show the point of activation or actually it only had around 100 lines so not much MS related did show
    Looks like the second test, with Google calendar, is also failing. I will resubmit my problem log momentarily.
  10. #2890  
    Looks like I stumbled upon a Wifi trigger bug. The trigger itself works but none of the delay settings work...it is always instant.

    Chris
  11.    #2891  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchris222 View Post
    Looks like I stumbled upon a Wifi trigger bug. The trigger itself works but none of the delay settings work...it is always instant.

    Chris
    You most likely miss understand what the delay means. It is the same as for charger it only effects on mode closing. So for WiFi meant to be used to prevent mode close on short disconnection from the network. So the delay should be there when you leave the network before the mode is closed. So if you join quickly back to the network the mode closing is not done.
  12. #2892  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbroecker View Post
    There is definitely something going on with the trigger end. I have my 'meeting' mode setup as such:
    Mode Type - Normal
    Auto Start - After Timer
    Auto Close - Immediate
    Triggers Required - All Unique
    Block Mode - No Blocking
    Trigger 1 - calendar trigger, with a 'space' in the search string
    Trigger 2 - time of day trigger for my working hours

    The Mode activates properly, but it is not deactivating when the meeting ends. If I close the mode manually, everything goes back to normal.

    And, of course, the OR logic is there, thanks for pointing that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Weird I tested with this config (not using space but another match) and it did close the mode when event ended...

    So could you do a test with shorter event and if it fails use the report problem so I get the log.
    sconix,
    i never considered asking this before, but if a mode is set to "all unique" does that mean all triggers have to be true or 'tripped' on opening AND closing, or just opening a mode?
    in the above question, on closing, trigger 1 ends, but trigger 2 is probably still active. would that make it not end?

    one would think that if either trigger is no longer active, the mode would close... but thought i'd ask.
  13.    #2893  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    sconix,
    i never considered asking this before, but if a mode is set to "all unique" does that mean all triggers have to be true tripped on opening AND closing, or just opening a mode?
    in the above question, on closing, trigger 1 ends, but trigger 2 is probably still active. would that make it not end?
    That setting effects the when mode is "valid" so for starting all unique must be valid and mode is on as long as they are valid. So it closes even if one trigger comes invalid.
  14.    #2894  
    So the next release will also add the ability to select which calendar to match the events from. Also the close all apps bug is fixed. Now modes that does not have close all set in start should not close apps anymore.

    I have moved on updating the wiki on new release so under the Next Release you can see all changes in next release.

    Also please note that if you plan to use per account email / im status setting you might want to edit your default mode also to have per account configuration. Otherwise it just applies the same settings into every account.

    Also the per account IM setting only works if you have messaging plugins patch/plugins installed. Not sure if I can figure out a way to detect this so the option would not be there if the patch is not installed.
    Last edited by sconix; 08/09/2010 at 07:44 PM.
  15. #2895  
    Tip:

    Sometimes, because of the way MS is coded now to avoid breaking, it can sometimes fall back to Default Mode after closing MS or restarting.

    An easy workaround: Add MS application triggers to your Default Mode for your base modes, set to On Mode Start. i.e. I have my "Home" mode set to Trigger On Mode Start in my Default Mode.

    Now you can 'force' MS to check for the correct mode when it falls back to Default accidentally.

    The complex way MS works now may lead me to create a "Tips" section in the manual for things like this.
  16. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #2896  
    Lately (I don't know when it started), my screen will NOT stay off on the touchstone. This happens when I have ONLY Mode Switcher running (but also can happen if BrightnessUnlinked is running). Sometimes it stays off for an hour or so, sometimes 3 minutes, and sometimes hours at a time. I can't figure it out, but something must be waking the screen up. Any ideas? I don't think it's the touchstone cycling issue because 1) I've never had that issue, 2) it happens on multiple touchstones, and 3) the charging alert doesn't pop up when the screen comes on.
  17. #2897  
    sconix, just to let you know, the MS manual isn't viewable through the Pre browser. Is there any way mobile browsers can view the contents of the manual?
  18.    #2898  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Lately (I don't know when it started), my screen will NOT stay off on the touchstone. This happens when I have ONLY Mode Switcher running (but also can happen if BrightnessUnlinked is running). Sometimes it stays off for an hour or so, sometimes 3 minutes, and sometimes hours at a time. I can't figure it out, but something must be waking the screen up. Any ideas? I don't think it's the touchstone cycling issue because 1) I've never had that issue, 2) it happens on multiple touchstones, and 3) the charging alert doesn't pop up when the screen comes on.
    If you are there when it happens just send the problem report through the menu action so I get the logs and can see why it happens. This hasn't happen to me so its hard to say why it is happening.
  19.    #2899  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Tip:

    Sometimes, because of the way MS is coded now to avoid breaking, it can sometimes fall back to Default Mode after closing MS or restarting.

    An easy workaround: Add MS application triggers to your Default Mode for your base modes, set to On Mode Start. i.e. I have my "Home" mode set to Trigger On Mode Start in my Default Mode.

    Now you can 'force' MS to check for the correct mode when it falls back to Default accidentally.

    The complex way MS works now may lead me to create a "Tips" section in the manual for things like this.
    Actually it should not fall to default mode. If it does it means that some of the triggers is giving miss information when reloading the triggers. So if this happen then please send the problem report through the menu action and tell what mode was on before the closing of MS / restarting. Since it is very likely that I have forgot something from some triggers initialization code so that it gives false information on "restart".
  20.    #2900  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    sconix, just to let you know, the MS manual isn't viewable through the Pre browser. Is there any way mobile browsers can view the contents of the manual?
    I let tobias to answer this. I plan to revise the help page to include wiki/forum/manual links so it would be nice to if the manual worked on the Pre.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions