• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 144 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4494134139140141142143144145146147148149154 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    will some one help me out here. I have profiles set up for all times through out the day however I also have a trigger set up for when my phone is on the ts for it to retrieve my emails more often. Here is my question I only want it to retrieve my emails while on the touchstone for certain profiles. Such as my night profile I do not want the emails to come through but all other profiles are ok. What is the best way to do this? I think I would go to the night profile/Blocking/ Other profiles? Can someone confirm this?
    Let's assume your 'get e-mail more often while on TS' mode is a modifier mode.

Set your Night mode to Block: Modifier Modes.

If your TS mode is a "Normal" mode, you would need to Block: Normal Modes.

And lastly you do have the option to Block all other modes completely.
    .38 loaded & my Govnah & Touchstone profiles work!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So .38 is out now (may take a while to show up in the feed).

Fixes:

- Charger and timeofday trigger....
    Hi Sconix,

Most of my modes use time of day trigger (set to start "by selection). Since .9.29 they haven't really been working. Now even with .9.38, when the time comes up, I do get the selection screen, but if I do nothing, the new mode doesn't start. Either I'm not using things right, or the mode that I think should be triggered doesn't get triggered.
    If I happen not to be next to my phone, since I wouldn't be able to cancel the mode change, I'm expecting it should change.

Just wanted to report that.

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    Hi Sconix,

Most of my modes use time of day trigger (set to start "by selection). Since .9.29 they haven't really been working. Now even with .9.38, when the time comes up, I do get the selection screen, but if I do nothing, the new mode doesn't start. Either I'm not using things right, or the mode that I think should be triggered doesn't get triggered.
    If I happen not to be next to my phone, since I wouldn't be able to cancel the mode change, I'm expecting it should change.

Thanks...
    as the name would imply it would not change unless you prompt it to change --thus the "by selection" if you want it to change automatically you should be using either after timer or immidiate
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    Hi Sconix,

Thanks...
    instead of setting your modes to start by selection set them to either start immediately or after timer.
  6.    #2866  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    will some one help me out here. I have profiles set up for all times through out the day however I also have a trigger set up for when my phone is on the ts for it to retrieve my emails more often. Here is my question I only want it to retrieve my emails while on the touchstone for certain profiles. Such as my night profile I do not want the emails to come through but all other profiles are ok. What is the best way to do this? I think I would go to the night profile/Blocking/ Other profiles? Can someone confirm this?
    If you have set up both to start from TS trigger then the blocking wont help if they start at the same time, but what should work is that you add MS to the app list of your night mode and ask it to close your modifier charging mode. Then it should only start your night mode. Of course you still want to keep the block modifier modes in your night mode so if the TS disconnects for some reason the modifier mode is not loaded again.
    There will but not for 1.0.0. Right after 1.0.0 I will add the support for managing all accounts.
    Could I suggest that when 1.0.0 is released a new thread is started as 140+ pages tends to put people off trying a 'new' app.

When you get to 1.0.0 I think MS deserves a PreCentral 'front page' review.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  8.    #2868  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Could I suggest that when 1.0.0 is released a new thread is started as 140+ pages tends to put people off trying a 'new' app.

When you get to 1.0.0 I think MS deserves a PreCentral 'front page' review.
    Yes the thread will definitely be cleared since most of this chatter is for beta development and not for the app usage that much.

I think that I have to break my earlier promise that per account configuration would come after 1.0.0 since it seems that I kinda already have implemented it so I think I will include it in next release candidate already. At least with this 1.0.0 should be quite nicely feature packed.

And of course it would be nice if MS would be covered by PreCentral and its nice if you think that it deserves that.
  9.    #2869  
    Next "1.0.0 release candidate" should be out on Wednesday and includes the following:

- Govnah card opening possibility in app configuration.

- App list filtering (no mode/contacts launchpoints are shown in app list).

- GPS trigger fix and tweaks.

- Per account configuration for: IM status, email alert, email ringtone, email sync. All of these can still be configured globally too (if per account is not selected the settings effect all accounts now and not just the first one).

So far no one has reported any problems, but if they are reported then they are fixed too for this release. After this release there might be one more bug fix release if problems are reported. Otherwise the next release will be 1.0.0.
    Do you foresee support for Pixi soon or at all? I'm feelin' a little left out! :-P
  11.    #2871  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Do you foresee support for Pixi soon or at all? I'm feelin' a little left out! :-P
    I think the reason why MS does not work in Pixi is that there is no background applications allowed. Since based on the logs MS is started but closed right after on Pixi. At least this is my understanding, its bit hard to test when I don't have a Pixi. So unfortunately there will be no support for Pixi for 1.0.0. But since my post 1.0.0 TODO list looks now kinda empty (at least for all the important stuff) I plan to look into the Pixi problem. Since I need to make a dashboard scene for even trying to get MS to app catalog I plan to implement this first and then its possible to try if MS works on Pixi running on dashboard mode. If it is then the problems "solved" for now. I hope when the JSJSJS $services$ $come$ $to$ $WebOS$ $then$ $I$ $can$ $get$ $rid$ $of$ $the$ $start$ $MS$ $on$ $luna$ $boot$ $and$ $the$ $dashboard$ $thing$ $and$ $then$ $MS$ $would$ $work$ $nicely$ $on$ $all$ $platforms$, $but$ $this$ $we$ $have$ $to$ $see$. $So$ $in$ $short$: $don$'$t$ $worry$ $I$ $haven$'$t$ $forgot$ $Pixi$ $users$ $its$ $just$ $that$ $there$ $is$ $no$ $fast$ $solution$ ($its$ $not$ $a$ $bug$ $etc$.) $so$ $I$ $want$ $to$ $get$ $the$ $1$.$0$.$0$ $out$ $of$ $the$ $way$ $then$ $see$ $what$ $I$ $can$ $do$ $for$ $this$.
    Here is an oddity that I discovered by accident. If a normal mode is loaded that closes apps on mode start, applying a modifier mode closes all apps that are open when the modifier is applied.

For example, my night mode closes all apps and opens timepiece. If I then apply a modifier that changes screen brightness, timepiece will close.
  13.    #2873  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    Here is an oddity that I discovered by accident. If a normal mode is loaded that closes apps on mode start, applying a modifier mode closes all apps that are open when the modifier is applied.

For example, my night mode closes all apps and opens timepiece. If I then apply a modifier that changes screen brightness, timepiece will close.
    I can see this happening so there is something missing in my app starting logic Will fix for next release. Thanks for reporting this.
    Sconix,

Great additions to MS. I was out this weekend and when I arrived to work and stopped by the thread I was surprised to see all of the new awesomeness you've added. Superb work!

I have a question regarding the calendar trigger.

When does it trigger? Start of a new day? Does it check the calendar every so often (in the event that a new "event" is added later on, etc...)?

I'm looking forward to getting home and putting the new stuff through the paces.

Thanks again!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  15.    #2875  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Sconix,

Great additions to MS. I was out this weekend and when I arrived to work and stopped by the thread I was surprised to see all of the new awesomeness you've added. Superb work!

I have a question regarding the calendar trigger.

When does it trigger? Start of a new day? Does it check the calendar every so often (in the event that a new "event" is added later on, etc...)?

I'm looking forward to getting home and putting the new stuff through the paces.

Thanks again!
    When ever you have a event starting in your calendar that contains the match word the mode is launched and when the event ends the mode closes. And yes it will detect added events too and should not miss any. It receives the updates directly from the calendar and just to be sure it resubscribes for the data once in a day.
    When ever you have a event starting in your calendar that contains the match word the mode is launched and when the event ends the mode closes. And yes it will detect added events too and should not miss any. It receives the updates directly from the calendar and just to be sure it resubscribes for the data once in a day.
    What about all day events that do not have a starting/ending time?

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  17.    #2877  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    What about all day events that do not have a starting/ending time?
    Well they do, in the beginning of the day and in the end of the day .
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I've been awaiting the Calendar trigger, so I started testing it out as soon as it showed up last night. As of now, the trigger activates just fine, but I don't think it is ending properly. I'm still testing, so don't take that as fact just yet.

A couple of suggestions for enhancements:
    • Let me select which calendar (or all calendars) to watch
    • Allow for a blank search string (I found that I had to put in something for the trigger to activate
    • Allow me to negate the search string (i.e. NOT 'vacation')
    • On a related note, regex or AND/OR logic would be nice

Thanks to this Trigger, my Mode Switcher experience is now complete!
  19.    #2879  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbroecker View Post
    I've been awaiting the Calendar trigger, so I started testing it out as soon as it showed up last night. As of now, the trigger activates just fine, but I don't think it is ending properly. I'm still testing, so don't take that as fact just yet.

A couple of suggestions for enhancements:
    • Let me select which calendar (or all calendars) to watch
    • Allow for a blank search string (I found that I had to put in something for the trigger to activate
    • Allow me to negate the search string (i.e. NOT 'vacation')
    • On a related note, regex or AND/OR logic would be nice

Thanks to this Trigger, my Mode Switcher experience is now complete!
    I only tested the calendar trigger with 5 minute event and at least in that test it started and ended, but it is possible that there is some bug left.

The calendar selection will definitely come at some point. And I haven't thought about empty string, but will make it possible for next release. Also the negative option is in next release. The OR logic is there (just add more of those triggers). And the AND will come when I come up with a nice way of selecting which triggers need to be valid for mode to trigger. I want to keep a single trigger as simple as possible, but then through MS capabilities they will get more "powerful".
    Well they do, in the beginning of the day and in the end of the day .
    Got me there. Reason I was asking is that I was not seeing what I expected it to do. After you answered my questions, some of the tests should have worked. I'll try a few more things and get back to you/send a report in.

Thanks.