View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 142 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4292132137138139140141142143144145146147152 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 3326
  1.    #2821  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    I have noticed that while my phone is in default mode, the repeat notification patches (phone, e-mail, sms) do not sound.
    Well I cannot say what setting does effect those since don't have any of those patches installed. All I can tell that the default mode does not do anything "funny" it only applies the settings set in there and if some of those settings disables the sound then you have to change the settings.
  2. #2822  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    but it is not fully ready as you cannot set it to trigger on app start / close, but you can set it to trigger when application is on foreground
    Actually when in the foreground may be batter than on app start and close. As you pointed out adjusting brightness when using a reader app. For me it is changing the default screen on time from 10 seconds for every day most use to 30 minutes when using apps I need the screen to stay on much longer. So I think it will work out great if I end up multitasking between the two types of apps then it will switch on the longer time only when I'm viewing the app that needs it.

    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well it is supposed to be fixed on MS side. Not sure if Govnah interface still has some problems. I guess I have to install it so I can tell what is the reason for it not working.
    What occurs currently vs past versions is when govnah is added as an app to launch it doesn't open the card but it does set the chosen govnah profile. I'm guessing the expected behavior would be to both set the chosen govnah profile and open the card. Or an option to do either one or both. I was launching the card in previous versions to track memory usage stats on boot up so I could observe any anomalies.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  3.    #2823  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Actually when in the foreground may be batter than on app start and close. As you pointed out adjusting brightness when using a reader app. For me it is changing the default screen on time from 10 seconds for every day most use to 30 minutes when using apps I need the screen to stay on much longer. So I think it will work out great if I end up multitasking between the two types of apps then it will switch on the longer time only when I'm viewing the app that needs it.



    What occurs currently vs past versions is when govnah is added as an app to launch it doesn't open the card but it does set the chosen govnah profile. I'm guessing the expected behavior would be to both set the chosen govnah profile and open the card. Or an option to do either one or both. I was launching the card in previous versions to track memory usage stats on boot up so I could observe any anomalies.
    So if it sets the chosen profile then it is working as it should. I add the option for also opening a card on next release. I just forgot that people wanted this option too. Well I anyway installed govnah finally on my phone so will do some tests to make sure it works for next release and has the possibility to add also starting of the govnah app.

    EDIT: it actually does not work and the reason is a typo I will fix the govnah support and release .38.
    Last edited by sconix; 08/08/2010 at 05:01 PM.
  4. #2824  
    Don't know if the Silent Ringer Switch is a new trigger, but I've just found it and it works well for launching apps etc. Nice
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  5.    #2825  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Don't know if the Silent Ringer Switch is a new trigger, but I've just found it and it works well for launching apps etc. Nice
    Yes its new just added it today so enjoy
  6. #2826  
    I must be missing something very basic, but MS doesn't seem to be running in the background for me.

    I just updated to the newest release [v0.9.37] and I have confirmed that Launch MS on Luna Boot [v1.4.1-27] is installed. The activated switch in MS is on. I have a Verizon Pre+ running webOS v1.4.1.1. I have restarted the phone several times after MS update.

    I have one mode set with a touchstone trigger, but it doesn't activate the mode when placed on the touchstone. I also have the on charger function set to always on in the default mode, but the screen still dims and locks after sitting on the touchstone for a minute.

    MS reports that default mode starts and I can change modes manually from launcher icons, but triggers don't appear to be recognized. Triggers were working normally before the update.
  7.    #2827  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    I must be missing something very basic, but MS doesn't seem to be running in the background for me.

    I just updated to the newest release [v0.9.37] and I have confirmed that Launch MS on Luna Boot [v1.4.1-27] is installed. The activated switch in MS is on. I have a Verizon Pre+ running webOS v1.4.1.1. I have restarted the phone several times after MS update.

    I have one mode set with a touchstone trigger, but it doesn't activate the mode when placed on the touchstone. I also have the on charger function set to always on in the default mode, but the screen still dims and locks after sitting on the touchstone for a minute.

    MS reports that default mode starts and I can change modes manually from launcher icons, but triggers don't appear to be recognized. Triggers were working normally before the update.
    At least the charger trigger is working for me. Just try it again and if it does not work then use the report problem action in the menu (when in main configuration view). It will send me the logs and your config so I can see why it fails.
  8. #2828  
    thanks for all your hard work, this app is awesome!
  9. #2829  
    StoneRyno, I tested the govnah profile setting and it did not work. I did not expect it to launch the card, as I understand how it's supposed to work.

    Screen-off while on touchstone is not working for me in any capacity. I tried removing all modes and remaking them, bjt it did not help.
  10.    #2830  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    StoneRyno, I tested the govnah profile setting and it did not work. I did not expect it to launch the card, as I understand how it's supposed to work.

    Screen-off while on touchstone is not working for me in any capacity. I tried removing all modes and remaking them, bjt it did not help.
    For me it started to work after luna start so have you tried that? If yes then just do the placing of phone into the touchstone and after that use the report problem action. So I get the log and see why its not working. Since I know that the turn-off still has some problem, but since I am unable to reproduce it I cannot fix it.
  11. #2831  
    Actually some of the triggers are working. I have tried wi-fi and ringer switch and they are working. Touchstone and USB charging events don't appear to trigger. I am checking time of day right now. I will send the trouble report when that is done.
  12.    #2832  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    Actually some of the triggers are working. I have tried wi-fi and ringer switch and they are working. Touchstone and USB charging events don't appear to trigger. I am checking time of day right now. I will send the trouble report when that is done.
    Yes its most likely some rare case bug in the charger trigger. It would be best to try the sequence that is not working the very last just before sending the report so its easy for me to find the problem lines.
  13. #2833  
    Report is on its way. I was not able to get time of day trigger to work either. Hope this helps.
  14. #2834  
    screen off is working for me now

    but the device reset I used to fix it brought another oddity to my attention:

    default mode loaded on startup, but wifi was off even though it was set to enabled by default. I had wifi turned off manually before the reset, though.
  15.    #2835  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    screen off is working for me now

    but the device reset I used to fix it brought another oddity to my attention:

    default mode loaded on startup, but wifi was off even though it was set to enabled by default. I had wifi turned off manually before the reset, though.
    Yes that how its supposed to work. MS does not do anything on phone start if the mode is same than when it was shut done. This is due to the MS restarting on low mem WebOS problem. So the phone is supposed to be in the very same state as it was when it was shutdown.

    If the screen off stops working please send the log since it seems that something can brake it, but luna start usually seems to fix it.
  16.    #2836  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    Report is on its way. I was not able to get time of day trigger to work either. Hope this helps.
    At least the timeofday not working was easy. I had forgot to take the disabling of that trigger away when I did my tests So this is fixed in next release which is out soon. Still trying to figure out why the charger trigger failed for you.
  17.    #2837  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    Report is on its way. I was not able to get time of day trigger to work either. Hope this helps.
    Your log has pretty weird lines from the system saying that probe charger status failed. And unknown charge source etc. So can you restart your phone. I think thats the reason why charger trigger / display on is not working for you. Since if MS does not receive charger status from the system...
  18. #2838  
    Like tobias, I had a device reset [this one on its own] and now the on charger-always on appears to be working. Glad the timeofday was an easy fix. I am trying various charger configurations to see if anything changes.
  19.    #2839  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    Like tobias, I had a device reset [this one on its own] and now the on charger-always on appears to be working. Glad the timeofday was an easy fix. I am trying various charger configurations to see if anything changes.
    Let me know if any problems. Currently it seems that govnah problem is actually in the govnah itself since I cannot get it to set profile even through luna-send. So if no other bugs are reported withing next hour I release the .38 that has the timeofday trigger enabled.
  20. #2840  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Your log has pretty weird lines from the system saying that probe charger status failed. And unknown charge source etc. So can you restart your phone. I think thats the reason why charger trigger / display on is not working for you. Since if MS does not receive charger status from the system...
    Restarting now [again]. I will let you know what happens shortly.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions