40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 14 of 167 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast
    I guess with the way it's setup now, if I wanted to change my ringtone I'd do it in Mode Switcher on my Default Mode. That way the next time the mode is made active it'd change my OS settings.
  2.    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I guess with the way it's setup now, if I wanted to change my ringtone I'd do it in Mode Switcher on my Default Mode. That way the next time the mode is made active it'd change my OS settings.
    Yes, and I spent while thinking these and actually it might be most clear the way it is now. That the configuration that MS support can be only permanently configured through MS. This way it should be the most simplest i think.

The only thing I am still not sure is the usage of default mode as fallback. It might be the most simplest, but this does not have the option to let some settings be. For example if I were to change it so that if mode doesn't have e.g. sound settings set they are left as they are. Then you could do a mode that truly only changes part of the settings and let other settings stay as they were. And if you would want a mode that would make sure that every setting is in a specific state then you just would add all settings into the mode. So this way the choice would be left for the user, but I will think this more and listen peoples feedback before I will change the current behavior.
  3.    #263  
    Little out of the scope question, but I am pretty sure that somebody is using MS to start Timepiece when placing phone on touchstone on your night stand. If there is and you are placing the phone on horizontal position does Timepiece start with correct orientation for you? Just wondering that is it my Pre that isn't noticing the horizontal position on Touchstone or is it just too small angle for orientation detection. Just wondering if this is just my problem or no. Since if not then I could try to convince Timepiece developer to add an launchparameter support for starting timepiece in wanted orientation. Because without this my Night Mode cannot be perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Little out of the scope question, but I am pretty sure that somebody is using MS to start Timepiece when placing phone on touchstone on your night stand. If there is and you are placing the phone on horizontal position does Timepiece start with correct orientation for you? Just wondering that is it my Pre that isn't noticing the horizontal position on Touchstone or is it just too small angle for orientation detection. Just wondering if this is just my problem or no. Since if not then I could try to convince Timepiece developer to add an launchparameter support for starting timepiece in wanted orientation. Because without this my Night Mode cannot be perfect
    Yes, I use MS to start Timepiece and it doesn't go to the correct orientation, I have noticed that after some time it will figure it self out, or you can just shake the phone a bit to get it to switch. Thanks for the great program, is there a way to add applications to the default mode? So for example if there are programs I would like to start at boot up time?

Thanks again for the great program!

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    does Timepiece start with correct orientation for you?
    It is true that timepiece will not open in horizontal orientation. Most apps that are landscape capable will sense the orientation when starting up and open accordingly. Unfortunately timepiece defaults to vertical orientation on startup regardless of the orientation of the phone. You have to turn the phone after TP starts to get it to display horizontal.

That is one of the reasons I stopped using a touchstone trigger in mode switcher and decided to start my night mode manually. Then I can place it horizontal on the touchstone and it will orient properly. I posted a question about this over on a timepiece thread where there was some talk of adding a forced horizontal orientation to preferences, but there was never any response to the request.
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Thanks for the great program, is there a way to add applications to the default mode? So for example if there are programs I would like to start at boot up time?
    Do you really want to add apps to default mode so they get started always when default mode is activated or would you only want a way to start certain applications on startup?

I am asking since I did not add the way to add apps to default mode since I though that maybe nobody wants them to start every time default mode is activated, but at least on startup somebody might want to start applications. If you see it useful to start apps on every default mode start then I can add this easily, but if you only want to start apps on startup then at least for now I don't know what would be the best way to implement it in MS. One could be to add startup trigger or something like that when you could make a mode that is only activated on startup.
  7.    #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    I posted a question about this over on a timepiece thread where there was some talk of adding a forced horizontal orientation to preferences, but there was never any response to the request.
    That's too bad, but maybe I try also to reach out to the developer of Timepiece. There would be also another feature request that I would like to be able to configure it so that after closing an alarm the app would close. I never want to leave it open after that and I don't want to close the app on mode close since I set my night mode to close before the alarm. So that if somebody calls me after certain time they can wake my, but normally I would wake on the alarm. I could add a configuration option to charger trigger to close apps on remove, but don't see point to do that if this would be the only use
    btw: talking about Timepeace.. I also use it to start when placed on the TS. But it sometimes dont happen... it just doesnt start...

but I was going to ask another question... If I remove the pre from TS. My mode changes.. but how can I set to also close the TP? There is something how to do it? and I only havent figured it out?
  9.    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    btw: talking about Timepeace.. I also use it to start when placed on the TS. But it sometimes dont happen... it just doesnt start...

but I was going to ask another question... If I remove the pre from TS. My mode changes.. but how can I set to also close the TP? There is something how to do it? and I only havent figured it out?
    For now I have trusted that Mojo carries out the app lauch request. So it might be that it does not do it everytime so I will add a check and relaunch in the code so the apps shoul start always. On apps configuration page you can set closing of apps on mode startup or closing.
    so.. TP doesnt start in landscape... and its running for more then two minutes and still didnt notice that it should change the orientation...
    about closing the application... sorry, I was not using the latest version of the application. now it works great...

but another question. I was going to install the latest topbarmenu patch, and it told me that I already have something installed... But I was not able to find it in preware nor using QI. But I can use the patch... but Im really not sure what version of it Im running.. Is there a way to find it?
  11.    #271  
    so.. TP doesnt start in landscape...

but another question. I was going to install the latest topbarmenu patch, and it told me that I already have something installed... But I was not able to find it in preware nor using QI. But I can use the patch... but Im really not sure what version of it Im running.. Is there a way to find it?
    I will ask if the Timepiece developer could add better support for starting in landscape if not I ask would he add it if I submit him a patch. Please let me know if the latest version also fails to start apps sometimes then I can alter the code.

It might be that QI has lost the patch or you have tried to uninstall it from Preware which only removes the package not the patch for some reason. I need to check this at some point, but for now I have tried to make it clear that only QI should be used for those patches. If you cannot find the patch neither from applications or patches list in QI then I can give you instructions how to remove it manually using QI, but for that it would be better if you could come to IRCNET in #modeswitcher channel (my nick Yoppo) so I could more easily give instructions.
    I will install the irc client soon.. right now Im updating all my 70 patches OTA :-)

but I noticed another thing when updating right now. I have a TS mode. and its set that the screen should not go off on charger... but it goes off... maybe as there are also the screen settings which I enabled to lover the brightnes.. but there is the 1min screen off.. which can not be changed to "never off"...
  13.    #273  
    I will install the irc client soon.. right now Im updating all my 70 patches OTA :-)

but I noticed another thing when updating right now. I have a TS mode. and its set that the screen should not go off on charger... but it goes off... maybe as there are also the screen settings which I enabled to lover the brightnes.. but there is the 1min screen off.. which can not be changed to "never off"...
    I haven't tested the always on option so it is possible that there is small bug. Since it should not have effect that what other screen option you have set. I will test it tonight and fix it if it really is not working.
  14.    #274  
    I have a TS mode. and its set that the screen should not go off on charger... but it goes off... maybe as there are also the screen settings which I enabled to lover the brightnes.. but there is the 1min screen off.. which can not be changed to "never off"...
    I just remembered that you need the latest patch for those always on and turn off options to work and since you are unable to install the latest patch that is the most likely reason.
    hehe.. I was updating all my patches.. and 3 of them were not able to update... and install at all then.. And they were important for me.. so I EPRed all patches.. now Im going to reinstall all of them.. and then there should be no problem even with the modeswitch patch
  16.    #276  
    hehe.. I was updating all my patches.. and 3 of them were not able to update... and install at all then.. And they were important for me.. so I EPRed all patches.. now Im going to reinstall all of them.. and then there should be no problem even with the modeswitch patch
    Good luck =) Well if still have problems with MS patches you know where to find me
  17.    #277  
    My hope is to be able to have a couple programs that I tend to always load when my phone boots, always start, so when I reset my phone I don't have to restart them. Having this is the default mode would in effect do the same thing? Doesn't it set to 'default mode' on startup? It would just make my phone all the more automatic!? Thanks again for this excellent app!

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Yes the default mode is started on boot, but default mode is also started whenever you close some other mode. So then if you have closed the app(s) started on startup they would get started again. This is the difference that I tried to explain. But if this is the behavior you want then I could add support for adding apps for default mode. BUT if you only would like to start the apps on startup then I haven't figured a neat way to implement this in MS, but I would like to have some way to only start apps on startup.
    Do you really want to add apps to default mode so they get started always when default mode is activated or would you only want a way to start certain applications on startup?

I am asking since I did not add the way to add apps to default mode since I though that maybe nobody wants them to start every time default mode is activated, but at least on startup somebody might want to start applications. If you see it useful to start apps on every default mode start then I can add this easily, but if you only want to start apps on startup then at least for now I don't know what would be the best way to implement it in MS. One could be to add startup trigger or something like that when you could make a mode that is only activated on startup.
    My hope was to be able to have a couple programs load at startup...Basically when I restart my phone they would start up automatically. In a way wouldn't this be similar to having MS load them on 'default mode'? Is that mode started on boot up? Just an idea to make the phone even more automatic. Thanks again for the great app.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Yes the default mode is started on boot, but default mode is also started whenever you close some other mode. So then if you have closed the app(s) started on startup they would get started again. This is the difference that I tried to explain. But if this is the behavior you want then I could add support for adding apps for default mode. BUT if you only would like to start the apps on startup then I haven't figured a neat way to implement this in MS, but I would like to have some way to only start apps on startup.
    I think adding the apps to the 'default mode' will be effective for my needs, I can just choose to not have the apps close when the mode is closed? But, I am sure you have thought this all out since you came up with this to start with...

Thanks again.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
  20.    #280  
    I think adding the apps to the 'default mode' will be effective for my needs, I can just choose to not have the apps close when the mode is closed? But, I am sure you have thought this all out since you came up with this to start with...

Thanks again.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    You are welcome. OK so maybe it would be useful to have default set of applications set, so I will add possibility to do that tonight (this is only one line change to code so easy to add). If I can figure neat way to also configure it so that they are started only on startup I will do that do.