• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 139 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3989129134135136137138139140141142143144149 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 3326
  1.    #2761  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    This is great news.

The manual will also be updated to reflect the new importance of using the App Launching scene to control the operation of MS between modes.
    Yes it truly is since I realized that the way how it currently is will give so many possible ways to brake MS The new system should work properly in all situations and have checks in place if user has created a mode chain that never ends etc. Since it is possible if you create mode that starts another mode that starts another which then starts the mode where the "chain" started. Also the previous mode switching is now clever and don't switch to any mode that would lead back to the mode that requested this. Instead it will change to previous mode that wont lead to the same mode that requests the previous mode to be activated.

There is also one new selection on MS app configuration: On Mode Switch. The start and close are obvious, but since you most likely don't want any mode changing initiated when mode A is closing when mode A is changed to mode B. In old version the on mode close action on mode A would have been executed also in this case, but now it is only when mode A is closing (going to default mode). But if you really want this then you can select on mode switch since for example modifier modes most likely are wanted to be started also on this scenario but normal modes not (since if they were then the mode would never change to B even it is requested if mode A wants to start C on mode close). I just don't want to block any of these use cases even if they most likely are not useful since it is more easy to make a general algorithm that handles all situation than add checks and limitations for some use cases. Don't know if this makes any sense but it really does not need to since its just there to allow more finer control for those people who wish to make very advanced mode chaining.

Good luck for trying to explain this in the manual Joking a side its enough that manual covers all basic use cases. And thanks again for the work on manual it truly is needed for MS. For 2.0 (if I someday get to that) version I will do some kind of easy/wizard/preset configuration that allows easy profile configuration for those that don't need all the complex stuff provided by MS.
    where do i dwnld this at?
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
    To that point I have a couple of UI ideas for the 1.0 release that you might consider, with the goal of understandability:

- Possibly change the name of the App Launching section to "App Control" to give the idea that it does more than just launch applications.

- Add a button to the App Launching settings scene that inserts Mode Switcher into the list without having to find it manually in the popup; this would make it more obvious to new users that adding Mode Switcher is an important function of mode control, moreso than any other app.

This might make it easier to understand for those who have not yet found the manual, and also easier to reference the importance in the manual itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    Instructions are found on the Mode Switcher Wiki.
    See my signature for links.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  5.    #2765  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    To that point I have a couple of UI ideas for the 1.0 release that you might consider, with the goal of understandability:

- Possibly change the name of the App Launching section to "App Control" to give the idea that it does more than just launch applications.

- Add a button to the App Launching settings scene that inserts Mode Switcher into the list without having to find it manually in the popup; this would make it more obvious to new users that adding Mode Switcher is an important function of mode control, moreso than any other app.

This might make it easier to understand for those who have not yet found the manual, and also easier to reference the importance in the manual itself.
    These are good notes and I have few other smaller UI changes on my mind, but I think I will let these wait until 1.1.0 for example. Just so that I can get the 1.0.0 release out now with the UI that has been there for a while now so at least old users know what is what. Since the 1.0.0 was only meant to be "ready" i.e. feature rich (so that I know that the core design is good enough to hold all new things that might come after) then going towards 2.0.0 I will focus on ease of use and new trigger and app extensions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    it should be in the preware testing feeds at this point -- if you do not know where those are PM me and i will try to set you on the right path
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Sadly the application trigger had to be left out since I still could not figure way to get info about started/closed apps without polling.
    I agree that it probably is best not to poll for if an app is started or closed. I'm sure you'll figure something out.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I don't know what's wrong with my device (webos 1.4.5) but some of the features of this wonderfull software (V 0.9.6) are not running. For example sound volumes, apps, wallpapers.
    Am i doing something wrong, or is it because all this features are not yet implemented in the 1.4.5 release ?
    Sorry double post
    Last edited by Schmurtz; 08/05/2010 at 03:51 AM.
  10.    #2770  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmurtz View Post
    I don't know what's wrong with my device (webos 1.4.5) but some of the features of this wonderfull software (V 0.9.6) are not running. For example sound volumes, apps, wallpapers.
    Am i doing something wrong, or is it because all this features are not yet implemented in the 1.4.5 release ?
    I hope you mean 0.9.36 and not 0.9.6. Sound volumes and wallpaper should work, but apps in modifier modes wont, but they will in next release. If you have .36 then could you describe more about the setup you have and how they don't work. Or just wait for next release which should be out during this weekend which is a huge bug fix release (I am trying to get the first stable release out soon) and see if it works and if not then do a bug report again.
    Is "http://modeswitcher.jupiterns.org/" broken at the moment, as it just keeps trying to load the page, with no result.

I assume I have to sign into Google Docs first, which I've done?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I hope you mean 0.9.36 and not 0.9.6. Sound volumes and wallpaper should work, but apps in modifier modes wont, but they will in next release. If you have .36 then could you describe more about the setup you have and how they don't work. Or just wait for next release which should be out during this weekend which is a huge bug fix release (I am trying to get the first stable release out soon) and see if it works and if not then do a bug report again.
    Sorry for the mistake. Because when pressing orange and the ModeSwitcher icone it say 0.9.35. Looking into preware it says 0.9.36.
    When selecting mode from mode menu, none of the three volumes were taken in count. Nor does the wallpaper and apps. Only connections and network works.
    Here are my settings for a mode i've called "Car" :
    -Mode Type : Normal
    -Automation : Only Manually
    -AutoClose : Only Manually
    Under Settings
    Behaviour :
    Notify : Disabled
    On Charger Turn Off
    System Settings
    Connections :
    Phone : Enabled
    Data : Disabled
    Wifi : Disabled
    Bluetooth : Enabled
    GPS : Disabled
    Network Type : 2G only
    Data Roaming : Disabled
    Voice Roaming : Home Only
    Sounds : Ringers : 90
    System : 90
    Media : 90
    Apps : On Start Close All Apps
    On Close : Close Started
    Triguers
    Required : All Unique
    Block Mode : No Blocking

I'm Very pleased to ear that your lauching a debuged app soon.

Hope it can help.
    Last edited by Schmurtz; 08/05/2010 at 08:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Is "http://modeswitcher.jupiterns.org/" broken at the moment, as it just keeps trying to load the page, with no result.

I assume I have to sign into Google Docs first, which I've done?
    I just checked it. It is up and running for me. (Granted this was some hours after when you tried, it's possible it could have been down earlier.)
    You don't have to sign in to Gdocs to see the manual.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 08/05/2010 at 09:34 AM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    i'd like to be able to print the document, but this doesn't seem to be possible. All I get is the index on the left edge of the page and then a blank second page.
    For the email settings, it doesn't look like MS is changing the alert settings. If I have it set to either vibrate or mute, I still get an audible sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I just checked it. It is up and running for me. (Granted this was some hours after when you tried, it's possible it could have been down earlier.)
    You don't have to sign in to Gdocs to see the manual.
    Working OK now, it turns out I needed to trun on cookies
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  17.    #2777  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmurtz View Post
    Sorry for the mistake. Because when pressing orange and the ModeSwitcher icone it say 0.9.35. Looking into preware it says 0.9.36.
    When selecting mode from mode menu, none of the three volumes were taken in count. Nor does the wallpaper and apps. Only connections and network works.
    Here are my settings for a mode i've called "Car" :
    -Mode Type : Normal
    -Automation : Only Manually
    -AutoClose : Only Manually
    Under Settings
    Behaviour :
    Notify : Disabled
    On Charger Turn Off
    System Settings
    Connections :
    Phone : Enabled
    Data : Disabled
    Wifi : Disabled
    Bluetooth : Enabled
    GPS : Disabled
    Network Type : 2G only
    Data Roaming : Disabled
    Voice Roaming : Home Only
    Sounds : Ringers : 90
    System : 90
    Media : 90
    Apps : On Start Close All Apps
    On Close : Close Started
    Triguers
    Required : All Unique
    Block Mode : No Blocking

I'm Very pleased to ear that your lauching a debuged app soon.

Hope it can help.
    Have you tried leaving the network settings group away. The voice roaming setting is still buggy and not sure if it aborts the loading of settings. Any way try the next bug fix release and report back if it still fails.
  18.    #2778  
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    For the email settings, it doesn't look like MS is changing the alert settings. If I have it set to either vibrate or mute, I still get an audible sound.
    To be sure you can always see from email configuration has the config changed. But the MS only changes settings for first account at the moment. It also is possible that there is a bug. Haven't yet reached that far in my testing so cannot tell yet. If there is then its fixed in next release. I am currently finishing and testing the new application launching system before I continue to test all features of MS before making next release.
    Originally Posted by jwall459
    I use to have mode switcher a couple months ago and I could sworn I had a battery and wifi trigger option. Now that I have a new phone and redownloaded the newest version of mode switcher all I see is3 trigger options, gps, time, and charger. Am I missing something? Was baytery percentage and wifi triggers removed?
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    The battery and wifi triggers are still there.
    You are running the latest version for sure? (currently 0.9.36)?
    Hey Oakridge / Sconix / Tobias / others...

Running MS 0.9.36 on Sprint Pre with webos 1.4.1. Installed MS 0.9.36 from the webosinternals testing feed the day it came out last week and it has been working GREAT since then.

I have a VERY WEIRD issue to report -- I can't even define this as a bug since absolutely nothing has changed in MS in the last 24 hours (no installs, no new modes or changes to existing mode, etc...) But, my WIFI triggers are GONE and I do not have any ability to add WIFI triggers.

My 2 modes that used to have (just) wifi triggers --- now have no triggers at all. The only trigger types that pop-up when I click on "Add Activation Trigger" are: GPS, Time of Day, Charger Event, and Battery Level. That's it for that list (and it's not scrollable... so the missing trigger types are not hidden)

I only made two changes to my Pre since yesterday when I KNOW that my work mode (with Wifi trigger) was absolutely working:

#1 -- I updated UberKernel to 1.4.1-92 and promptly (after new Govnah update) began running at 1GHz
    #2 -- Updated to Govnah 0.6.6. No changes or using new features other than 1GHz screenstate
    #3 -- Updated BFGMaps to 1.0.30 and to 1.0.31

That's it -- and somehow I lost the ability to Wifi Trigger in MS. I don't know how any of these can be related, just reporting what's different on the Pre. I'm totally confused. I'm going to begin to debug this afternoon / evening by first restarting the device, then turning off the 1Ghz overclock... I'll keep others posted.

Is this possibly what jwall459 was seeing from a page or so back in the thread? (*but it sounded like his problem was on a new install... not a well running install.... and he also lost battery trigger, which I still have?)
  20.    #2780  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey Oakridge / Sconix / Tobias / others...

Running MS 0.9.36 on Sprint Pre with webos 1.4.1. Installed MS 0.9.36 from the webosinternals testing feed the day it came out last week and it has been working GREAT since then.

I have a VERY WEIRD issue to report -- I can't even define this as a bug since absolutely nothing has changed in MS in the last 24 hours (no installs, no new modes or changes to existing mode, etc...) But, my WIFI triggers are GONE and I do not have any ability to add WIFI triggers.

My 2 modes that used to have (just) wifi triggers --- now have no triggers at all. The only trigger types that pop-up when I click on "Add Activation Trigger" are: GPS, Time of Day, Charger Event, and Battery Level. That's it for that list (and it's not scrollable... so the missing trigger types are not hidden)

I only made two changes to my Pre since yesterday when I KNOW that my work mode (with Wifi trigger) was absolutely working:

#1 -- I updated UberKernel to 1.4.1-92 and promptly (after new Govnah update) began running at 1GHz
    #2 -- Updated to Govnah 0.6.6. No changes or using new features other than 1GHz screenstate
    #3 -- Updated BFGMaps to 1.0.30 and to 1.0.31

That's it -- and somehow I lost the ability to Wifi Trigger in MS. I don't know how any of these can be related, just reporting what's different on the Pre. I'm totally confused. I'm going to begin to debug this afternoon / evening by first restarting the device, then turning off the 1Ghz overclock... I'll keep others posted.

Is this possibly what jwall459 was seeing from a page or so back in the thread? (*but it sounded like his problem was on a new install... not a well running install.... and he also lost battery trigger, which I still have?)
    It seems that on some luna restart MS fails to load all extensions. This should be fixed in next release. For now you can just restart luna and see if all extensions get loaded (once they are loaded they won't go anywhere as long as luna is not restarted).