• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 137 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3787127132133134135136137138139140141142147 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 3326
  1.    #2721  
    Quote Originally Posted by macjoshua View Post
    Hi, im Josh from Germany and this is my first post in this forum.

First of all: MS is an best application for my on webos. It grows wonderfull from version to version an the funcionality is wonderfull! So many thanks for this great work!

I have two questions:

I detect my Home-Modus with the wifi connection to my wlan. But when the phone goes to sleep, the wifi connection get lost an the phone goes to default mode. The switch wake the phone up, and the phone connected to my wlan and the phone switch again to home. So, is there a solution for this problem?

Then I have problems with the bluetooth triggers, any trigger don't work when I connect to my car-radio.

Thanks
    Josh
    Thanks for the kind words. I see that the Wi-Fi question was already answered and the info was correct so the system setting should control this. About the BT triggers it is broken and fixed in next release.
  2.    #2722  
    Quote Originally Posted by ckmed View Post
    Getting a bit frustrated...the BT is not working and even though Preware says I have the .36 version, on device info/gesture+tap the version is still showing .35. Have already done WebOSRepairUtility after multiple unstall and reinstall of the MS via Preware as well as PBU restore (got back to .2x then reinstalled via Preware). Seriously considering doctoring, any advice?
    As stated in many of the posts and in current bugs list the BT trigger is broken currently and is fixed in next release which should be out on Wednesday or at the latest in the end of this week depending how many bugs I find. The incorrect version is just a mistake from me the package version was updated, but not the appinfo version.
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Anyone notice when waking up their phone/screen the clock appears way behind. Not just a couple of minutes, but 45 mins or even hours. I'm not sure what is going on but I've seen these a few times already since these recent mode switcher updates. I'm not saying this is a mode switcher issue, I really don't know. But I've never noticed this issue until around the .33 update. Attached is my messages log. I believe it was at around line 10272 when this occurred.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I am not seeing this and don't see how MS could effect the OS in any way. At least it should not in a working environment. So most likely something wrong in your current setup.
    I have actually seen this from time to time as well even after a fresh visit to the Doctor. My wife's pixi does this too. So definitely not a MS issue.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Nope... my pre consistently stays in "Home" mode, which does not block any other modes, until I force it to go into "Work" mode (which has a time trigger). Interestingly, "Work" mode correctly shuts itself off at 6PM. It's just the start timer that doesn't seem to fire.

However, I also have a "Sleep" mode set with a time trigger, and it does seem to start correctly, but doesn't exit when the end time is reached!

When I open and close the main Mode Switcher interface, the modes update and the correct mode is chosen based on all of the triggers. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this- any ideas? I am running OS 1.4.1.1.

I have another issue I'm noticing, so I'm wondering if something is just wrong with my installation or if these things are actual bugs (or things you're still working on). The one I just noticed is that the "Security" settings don't seem to be applied, even when I force a mode change.

Also, regarding the Wifi triggers- is it possible to add a "near" option, to change modes when you are near a certain SSID (but can't necessarily connect to it)? We don't have wifi at work, but there are a bunch of secured access points around, so this would be the best method for me to trigger "work" mode (as opposed to a timer or completely unreliable Verizon GPS).

ALSO... should the mode always be displayed in the top bar with the "Mode Menu" patch? Mine shows sometimes, but not always.

Just to follow up on the highlighted part, it definitely isn't adjusting the security settings when modes change. Am I the only one?
    Just to follow up on the highlighted part, it definitely isn't adjusting the security settings when modes change. Am I the only one?
    The security settings (pin lock) works for me, what I seem to have trouble with or maybe I'm not understanding correctly is the "Locked Notify" under the screen settings.

My thought is that when Disabled it won't show the little paddle lock that you have to flick out of the way to unlock the screen. So with having certain modes that have the pin disabled and the locked notify disabled, I still get the little paddle lock showing up, but don't have to enter my PIN.

Am I not understanding the that setting correctly, clarification needed?

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    "Locked Notify" refers to whether or not dashboard notifications will be shown when the screen is locked.
    Thanks for the clarification...read posts stating BT wroking so thought maybe I am getting the incorrect version. Really do appreciate having the app so thanks for all your great work!
    thank you for the responce. Just curious when should we expect this release?
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

9.    #2729  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    thank you for the responce. Just curious when should we expect this release?
    During this week. I am aiming for Wednesday, but it might go all the way until Friday. Depends how many new bugs I find when I start to test all the features on Wednesday.
  10.    #2730  
    What is your current setting and to what setting your mode should change it? Just so that I can test and verify this problem more easily.)
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    What is your current setting and to what setting your mode should change it? Just so that I can test and verify this problem more easily.)
    My default setting is PIN unlock, and my "Home" (normal mode triggered by wifi SSID connection, blocks normal modes) or "Touchstone" (modifier mode triggered by Touchstone charge event, no blocking) modes switch the security to "None". No matter what I do (including re-creating the modes), I can't get it to change the security from "none" when these modes close.

EDIT: It looks like it is setting the security correctly when the mode is initialized, but not setting it back when falling back to a previous mode (for example it should turn on PIN unlock when it falls back to default mode after one of the other modes closes, but it doesn't).

I also noticed something minor in my testing- in the text box where you enter an unlock password, it defaults to capitalizing the first letter. That could lock someone out of their phone if they don't notice it and think their password is all lowercase!
  12.    #2732  
    My default setting is PIN unlock, and my "Home" (normal mode triggered by wifi SSID connection, blocks normal modes) or "Touchstone" (modifier mode triggered by Touchstone charge event, no blocking) modes switch the security to "None". No matter what I do (including re-creating the modes), I can't get it to change the security from "none" when these modes close.

EDIT: It looks like it is setting the security correctly when the mode is initialized, but not setting it back when falling back to a previous mode (for example it should turn on PIN unlock when it falls back to default mode after one of the other modes closes, but it doesn't).

I also noticed something minor in my testing- in the text box where you enter an unlock password, it defaults to capitalizing the first letter. That could lock someone out of their phone if they don't notice it and think their password is all lowercase!
    Nice catch with the capitalization it definitely should not be on that box. Will change for next version. I only tested to the other direction (unlocked -> pin locking) so its then very likely that there is some problem when its setup like you have so will test and fix for next release.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Nice catch with the capitalization it definitely should not be on that box. Will change for next version. I only tested to the other direction (unlocked -> pin locking) so its then very likely that there is some problem when its setup like you have so will test and fix for next release.
    Thanks! You're awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    "Locked Notify" refers to whether or not dashboard notifications will be shown when the screen is locked.
    I was way off. Thank you for the clarification sir.

Sconix, do you think you could default the textfield for when using the PIN to enter as numbers by default?

I am guessing you use the same textfield widget for the PIN and password so maybe that is why it doesn't default to numbers....

Thanks again.

Put me down for having issues with re-enabling PIN unlock. I can get MS to turn off any security (going from default to "nightstand" mode), but I can't get it to turn security back on when switching back to default mode.
    Hey Sconix -- Just an idea for your testing when you get back to business...

I have a "Daytime Full Bright while charging" Modifier Mode to bring the screen to 100% when: (1) between 7am and 8pm AND {(2a) on a TS, OR (2b) in USB charger, OR (2c) on a wall charger.}

Works great except I don't think the "Triggers - Charger Event -- Delay" setting works (or I don't understand it). I have mine set to 60 seconds on all three types of chargers, but the notice: "Updating (base mode)" always pops up in the notifications area less than 3 seconds after picking it up from the TS or after putting it back on the TS.

Not a big deal, but in my case, if I pick up the Pre to look quickly at an email, I'm fine with it retaining the full brightness setting for that period of time. If it's off the charger for longer than 60 seconds, then it should go back to default (base mode) brightness. But that is not how it's working right now. Let me know if I'm wrong... or if your tests show something different.

Also, why do the USB and Wall charger trigger settings have "Orientation" (I'm assuming its for convenience in the coding)? It's just not very intuitive. I'm not even sure if it's functional. Just thought I'd mention that here too since it's in the same area of code.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I have a "Daytime Full Bright while charging" Modifier Mode to bring the screen to 100% when: (1) between 7am and 8pm AND {(2a) on a TS, OR (2b) in USB charger, OR (2c) on a wall charger.}
    Not quite related, but curious, how do you have the above trigger situation implemented? Specifically, does MS allow for "AND/OR" conditions within triggers? I thought it was either an "ALL" or "ANY" implementation...
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Not quite related, but curious, how do you have the above trigger situation implemented? Specifically, does MS allow for "AND/OR" conditions within triggers? I thought it was either an "ALL" or "ANY" implementation...
    The manual page on triggers explains how this works.

"All Unique" = one trigger of each type must be true for mode to trigger.

"Any" = any trigger in the list can be true for mode to trigger.

So you can have as many charging triggers (or time triggers etc.) as you want, and only one is required to activate the mode when using "All Unique".
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    The manual page on triggers explains how this works.

"All Unique" = one trigger of each type must be true for mode to trigger.

"Any" = any trigger in the list can be true for mode to trigger.

So you can have as many charging triggers (or time triggers etc.) as you want, and only one is required to activate the mode when using "All Unique".
    Wow. You know, as many times as I've read over that and for as long as I've been using MS (about 3 months), I NEVER realized the meaning of the "one trigger of each type" phrasing for the "All Unique" mode...

Well darn, I feel stupid. I've actually been wanting this for quite some time!

I recently had my Pre replaced (broken power button, took into Sprint, they ended up replacing with a whole new refurb Pre (at no cost!)) anyway, and I haven't gotten around to re-creating my Modes, so now I'll be able to start from scratch and use this newfound logic to get it to do what I really want to... especially with the Modifier Modes...

Thanks!