• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 136 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3686126131132133134135136137138139140141146 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 3326
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Create a car mode with a wifi disconnected from trigger.
    Thanks, that did it.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Is Govnah support working for anyone? I can't seem to get it working.
  3.    #2703  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    Hello all! So I am new to the Mode switcher so far I like what I am reading and if I can make it work the way it is supposed to it will be an awesome addition to the Plam Pre.

Her is my trouble.

When using Mode switcher it does not seem to retrieve my email according to the schedule that I have set through Mode switcher. I have 3 email accounts, First account (Gmail) set to get email every 30 minutes Second account (Exchange server) set to retrieve every 15 minutes, Third account (AOL) to retrieve email manually. Once I installed MS I set it to retrieve email on the weekend once an hour. I sent myself a test email to gmail and the exchange server and I got both emails within about 7 minutes.

What went wrong?

Also while I have your attention is there a way to set up different times and options for each email account. For example during the business day I need the exchange server every 15 mins and the other 2 accounts every 30 minutes, however on the weekend I only want the email retrieved every 1 hour.

Can any one address ether of the above questions?
    Both email and I'm account settings only modify first account. Support for invidiual account settings will come right after 1.0.0 release.
  4.    #2704  
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    Is Govnah support working for anyone? I can't seem to get it working.
    No since it's in known bugs list or more accurately in what I did not have time to do before my trip list so it's fixed/done in next release which hopefully release candidate for 1.0.0 and should have all known bugs fixed. Should be released on Wdnesday (+- couple days).
    I wanted to search this thread to see if this has already been asked and answered but the terms are too generic and the thread is massive for manually combining it. So here goes and sorry if this means a repeat. What about when an application is opened trigger and mode ended when that app is closed. For example say I open an eReader or bible app or something like that where increasing the screen on time and changing brightness etc would be beneficial to change but only for while the app is opened. Would this be possible?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  6.    #2706  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I wanted to search this thread to see if this has already been asked and answered but the terms are too generic and the thread is massive for manually combining it. So here goes and sorry if this means a repeat. What about when an application is opened trigger and mode ended when that app is closed. For example say I open an eReader or bible app or something like that where increasing the screen on time and changing brightness etc would be beneficial to change but only for while the app is opened. Would this be possible?
    Couple posts back I was referring to this when I mentioned that I thought that it's not possible to know when app is closed but now I think it is so app triger is coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Both of those bugs are documented and in the queue to be fixed when sconix is back from his much deserved short vacation.
    ok, wasn't sure since wiki does not list any 'known issues' and these were last noted before the latest .36 release, and were being looked into then.
    One thing I have noticed is that there can be an interaction between MS, WiFi, and mobile hotspot. I have a mode has a trigger that includes being disconnected from WiFi. When I activate MHS, that particular mode activates since WiFi is off (I don't intend for this mode to activate) since WiFi must be off for MHS to be active. However, I don't have any settings for WiFi in that mode so I believe it is reverting to my default settings for WiFi which is WiFi enabled. So when the mode activates, WiFi is re-enabled and mobile hotspot closes. The overall result is that as soon as I open MHS, MS closes it via WiFi. I don't really have any good ideas to fix this. The only thing I have thought of is to suspend WiFi settings with MHS active.
  9.    #2709  
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    One thing I have noticed is that there can be an interaction between MS, WiFi, and mobile hotspot. I have a mode has a trigger that includes being disconnected from WiFi. When I activate MHS, that particular mode activates since WiFi is off (I don't intend for this mode to activate) since WiFi must be off for MHS to be active. However, I don't have any settings for WiFi in that mode so I believe it is reverting to my default settings for WiFi which is WiFi enabled. So when the mode activates, WiFi is re-enabled and mobile hotspot closes. The overall result is that as soon as I open MHS, MS closes it via WiFi. I don't really have any good ideas to fix this. The only thing I have thought of is to suspend WiFi settings with MHS active.
    Well for 1.0.0 there might be one more trigger (if possible) since it should be very simple to implement. Which is the application trigger. With this you could set that when the MHS app is running the modes triggers wont be valid. If this is doable which I now think that it is then it should be in next release already which should be the release candidate for 1.0.0.

The poll will determine that in which order I will implement the next triggers after 1.0.0 is out.
    I'll give it a shot and see how it works when 1.0.0 comes out.
    Hi, im Josh from Germany and this is my first post in this forum.

First of all: MS is an best application for my on webos. It grows wonderfull from version to version an the funcionality is wonderfull! So many thanks for this great work!

I have two questions:

I detect my Home-Modus with the wifi connection to my wlan. But when the phone goes to sleep, the wifi connection get lost an the phone goes to default mode. The switch wake the phone up, and the phone connected to my wlan and the phone switch again to home. So, is there a solution for this problem?

Then I have problems with the bluetooth triggers, any trigger don't work when I connect to my car-radio.

Thanks
    Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by macjoshua View Post
    Hi, im Josh from Germany and this is my first post in this forum.

First of all: MS is an best application for my on webos. It grows wonderfull from version to version an the funcionality is wonderfull! So many thanks for this great work!

I have two questions:

I detect my Home-Modus with the wifi connection to my wlan. But when the phone goes to sleep, the wifi connection get lost an the phone goes to default mode. The switch wake the phone up, and the phone connected to my wlan and the phone switch again to home. So, is there a solution for this problem?

Then I have problems with the bluetooth triggers, any trigger don't work when I connect to my car-radio.

Thanks
    Josh
    There is a setting to change so wi-fi doesn't turn off when the phone sleeps. To access it do the following:
    Open the app Wi-Fi
    Open the App Menu
    Tap Sleep Settings
    Change the setting to your liking
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    There is a setting to change so wi-fi doesn't turn off when the phone sleeps. To access it do the following:
    Open the app Wi-Fi
    Open the App Menu
    Tap Sleep Settings
    Change the setting to your liking
    Thanks, but the seeting is: WLAN Power on while sleep. Strange!
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    ok, wasn't sure since wiki does not list any 'known issues' and these were last noted before the latest .36 release, and were being looked into then.
    I apologize for not having some of the release info/details up to snuff on the wiki at the moment. I pull the info from Sconix's webpage and mirror it to the wiki, only posting what I find on that webpage. I don't want to post anything to the wiki that Sconix has not posted yet.

It is my understanding that eventually the wiki will be used exclusively for the release info/details.

I'll speak with Sconix about this. I am sure we can come up with some way to better maintain that list.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 08/01/2010 at 09:43 PM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by macjoshua View Post

I've actually just started experiencing this problem today myself. I'll do some trial and error to see if I can figure out what the problem is.
    Getting a bit frustrated...the BT is not working and even though Preware says I have the .36 version, on device info/gesture+tap the version is still showing .35. Have already done WebOSRepairUtility after multiple unstall and reinstall of the MS via Preware as well as PBU restore (got back to .2x then reinstalled via Preware). Seriously considering doctoring, any advice?
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Anyone notice when waking up their phone/screen the clock appears way behind. Not just a couple of minutes, but 45 mins or even hours. I'm not sure what is going on but I've seen these a few times already since these recent mode switcher updates. I'm not saying this is a mode switcher issue, I really don't know. But I've never noticed this issue until around the .33 update. Attached is my messages log. I believe it was at around line 10272 when this occurred.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    Not sure if this has been discussed, but by the second or third day of using Mode Switcher, when trying to turn bluetooth on when switching to the appropriate mode, my Pre just keeps spinning the circle trying to turn on bluetooth. A reset fixes the problem. This never occurred when I used to turn bluetooth on and off manually. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by lakaw View Post
    This started happening to me as well. It may be related to the System Menu Mode Menu or Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patches. I'll try deleting those patches to see if the problem goes away.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    At least it should not since this was happening to some people already before those patches existed and I don't see any connection between the patches and MS. The good news is that now it is happening to me too with 1.4.5 so at least now I can try to find a fix for it. Yet again not sure if this fix makes for .30 which I would like to release tonight or at the latest on Sunday. At least the bugfix release .31 will include fix for this.
    I have upgraded sequentially to .36 now and the bluetooth has issue remained for every upgrade. Is this inline with other users? I am having an unrelated issue with my custom Launcher pages and icons configuration not sticking (always reverts back to stock 3 launcher pages), so a Dr. visit may be in order.
    I removed System Menu Mode Menu v1.4.1-31 and bluetooth no longer hangs...
  19.    #2719  
    Quote Originally Posted by lakaw View Post
    I have upgraded sequentially to .36 now and the bluetooth has issue remained for every upgrade. Is this inline with other users? I am having an unrelated issue with my custom Launcher pages and icons configuration not sticking (always reverts back to stock 3 launcher pages), so a Dr. visit may be in order.
    I removed System Menu Mode Menu v1.4.1-31 and bluetooth no longer hangs...
    Ok so the bluetooth "hanging" issue might be just that some signal is not received in top bar end due to maybe even one of my patch. This should help me in finding and fixing this. Even I said .31 should fix this I haven't had time to see to this bug, but will do it soon.
  20.    #2720  
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Anyone notice when waking up their phone/screen the clock appears way behind. Not just a couple of minutes, but 45 mins or even hours. I'm not sure what is going on but I've seen these a few times already since these recent mode switcher updates. I'm not saying this is a mode switcher issue, I really don't know. But I've never noticed this issue until around the .33 update. Attached is my messages log. I believe it was at around line 10272 when this occurred.
    I am not seeing this and don't see how MS could effect the OS in any way. At least it should not in a working environment. So most likely something wrong in your current setup.