View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 134 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3484124129130131132133134135136137138139144 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 3326
  1. #2661  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    - See and fix the reason why MS not working on pixi.

    All along I should've just done a search in this thread for "pixi" because I would have seen that nobody seems to be able to run MS on one.

    Hopefully sconix is able to find and fix the problem...we feel left out!

    No pressure, though.
  2. #2662  
    Nice work on the updates sconix I'm now on .36 and have 2 wee problems:
    1. The Airplane mode setting never enables or disables. To recreate - create a new custom mode, add the airplane setting (set to enable) and then back out and apply the new mode.
    2. The start-up delay setting for the Weather Window app doesn't show up.


    For #1 I tried sticking in some basic logging in airplane-setting.jsjsjs $but$ $it$ $never$ $seems$ $to$ $get$ $called$ $so$ $I$ $think$ &$quot$;$something$&$quot$; is getting in the way of things. Line 252 of the log has a "Removing Invalid Mode: 2 2 false Default Mode -1" entry. That's the only thing that looks weird in the log to me but is probably completely unrelated

    For #2 the log shows on line 387 "Error: Caught exception in ListSelector widget 'WwindowDelaySelector' setup(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined". The call to set up the widget in the wwindow-config.jsjsjs $file$ $looks$ $fine$ $to$ $me$ $at$ $first$ $glance$... $but$ $the$ $palm$-$row$ $they$ $should$ $appear$ $on$ $shows$ $no$ $label$ $or$ $selector$ $widget$. $And$ $nothing$ $I$ $could$ $see$ $in$ $wwindow$-$config$.$js$ $ever$ $tries$ $to$ $access$ $a$ $length$ $property$.

    Log attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3. #2663  
    Quote Originally Posted by precaution View Post
    Wow, I updated Mode Swither from within Preware and all my modes are gone...?!
    Can I have them restored by Save/Restore or has some formats or DB structures been changed?

    btw: where can I read the version number?
    Currently there is nothing setup in Save/Restore for MS yet, but it appears to be in the works.

    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Earlier today I wrote Save/Restore support for system preferences in general, and Mode Switcher in particular. It's in the Save/Restore git repo but not in any release yet.

    -- Rod
    What version were you on when you upgraded?
    You upgraded to the latest (at this time) version (.36)?

    One way you can get the version number by doing a gesture tap and tapping the app icon in the launcher. (Not sure if that is a default webOS thing or comes from a patch.)

    Another way would be to launch the app cat and click the little shopping bag button (lower right corner). It will pull up your currently installed apps and show version numbers.

    Or you can load up Preware under the installed app/packages area and see what version you are on.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  4. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #2664  
    Since doctoring and reinstalling everything last weekend, my time-of-day triggers don't seem to be working (touchstone trigger does seem to be working OK from what I can tell). I have a simple time trigger to turn on "work" mode from 10am-6pm, but it never fires. If I put it into "work" mode manually, it DOES shut off at 6pm.

    Anyone else having this issue? When I get home I am going to export the logs.
  5. #2665  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Since doctoring and reinstalling everything last weekend, my time-of-day triggers don't seem to be working (touchstone trigger does seem to be working OK from what I can tell). I have a simple time trigger to turn on "work" mode from 10am-6pm, but it never fires. If I put it into "work" mode manually, it DOES shut off at 6pm.

    Anyone else having this issue? When I get home I am going to export the logs.
    Yes. I finally upgraded to .36 (from .32) and have this problem (after a shut down/battery pull as well). I think .29 was ok, but .32 was not from this perspective (also, the applications are not consistently launching, referred to in a previous post).

    If I open and close mode switcher, the correct mode kicks in, but as you report, the time triggers are not working automatically for me. I will probably go back to 0.29, because I don't tend to use a lot of the complexity that it looks like was enabled >0.29. If others are seeing this, I'm sure sconix will fix it in a later release.
  6. #2666  
    Just browsing Gizmodo and found this link:

    How to Turn Your Android Phone into a Fully-Automated Superphone

    Since I can't us MS (yet), what are the comparisons and contrasts to Tasker on Android?
  7.    #2667  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    Nice work on the updates sconix I'm now on .36 and have 2 wee problems:
    1. The Airplane mode setting never enables or disables. To recreate - create a new custom mode, add the airplane setting (set to enable) and then back out and apply the new mode.
    2. The start-up delay setting for the Weather Window app doesn't show up.


    For #1 I tried sticking in some basic logging in airplane-setting.jsjsjs $but$ $it$ $never$ $seems$ $to$ $get$ $called$ $so$ $I$ $think$ &$quot$;$something$&$quot$; is getting in the way of things. Line 252 of the log has a "Removing Invalid Mode: 2 2 false Default Mode -1" entry. That's the only thing that looks weird in the log to me but is probably completely unrelated

    For #2 the log shows on line 387 "Error: Caught exception in ListSelector widget 'WwindowDelaySelector' setup(): TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined". The call to set up the widget in the wwindow-config.jsjsjs $file$ $looks$ $fine$ $to$ $me$ $at$ $first$ $glance$... $but$ $the$ $palm$-$row$ $they$ $should$ $appear$ $on$ $shows$ $no$ $label$ $or$ $selector$ $widget$. $And$ $nothing$ $I$ $could$ $see$ $in$ $wwindow$-$config$.$js$ $ever$ $tries$ $to$ $access$ $a$ $length$ $property$.

    Log attached
    For me airplane mode works. If you have some other means of toggling airplane mode can you do that and after that see if using MS works after that.

    The 2 is obvious and fixed in next release.
  8.    #2668  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    Yes. I finally upgraded to .36 (from .32) and have this problem (after a shut down/battery pull as well). I think .29 was ok, but .32 was not from this perspective (also, the applications are not consistently launching, referred to in a previous post).

    If I open and close mode switcher, the correct mode kicks in, but as you report, the time triggers are not working automatically for me. I will probably go back to 0.29, because I don't tend to use a lot of the complexity that it looks like was enabled >0.29. If others are seeing this, I'm sure sconix will fix it in a later release.
    Time triggers should work. The problem is most likely the dropped system requests. Since currently all subscription based request might drop out some times for some people since 1.4.5 broke my workaround for this and I had to remove it from some places. The next release on wednesday should fix this.
  9.    #2669  
    Quote Originally Posted by precaution View Post
    Wow, I updated Mode Swither from within Preware and all my modes are gone...?!
    Can I have them restored by Save/Restore or has some formats or DB structures been changed?

    btw: where can I read the version number?
    You had too old config so MS. Vleared config. Now the configuration format is set and will stay as it is so no more resets in future updates.

    The current version still have couple bugs but next release on wednesday should fix most if not all kniwn bugs.
  10. #2670  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    For me airplane mode works. If you have some other means of toggling airplane mode can you do that and after that see if using MS works after that.
    Going to the device menu it thought airplane mode was on (it wasn't) so toggling it the once seemed to cure things. The airplane setting now works. Thanks sconix
  11.    #2671  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    Going to the device menu it thought airplane mode was on (it wasn't) so toggling it the once seemed to cure things. The airplane setting now works. Thanks sconix
    This seems to be common problem. Maybe have to add some extra check into MS.
  12. #2672  
    I think there might be another bug with WiFi that is probably a result of the other WiFi bug I reported. In my default mode, WiFi is enabled, but if it isn't connected to anything, WiFi is being turned off for no reason as far as I can tell. WiFi doesn't re-enable until I turn the screen on and then it proceeds to check for networks.

    Also, under default mode settings, I think the bottom group title should be spelled "miscellaneous" .
  13. blu8503's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #2673  
    I am trying to install in preware and I get a FAIL.....
    look at log says 1 of 1 hunk failed -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej
    PLEASE HELP
  14. #2674  
    Quote Originally Posted by blu8503 View Post
    I am trying to install in preware and I get a FAIL.....
    look at log says 1 of 1 hunk failed -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej
    PLEASE HELP
    Do you have Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot patch installed?

    I'm no expert at interpreting those failed messages, but it looks similar to the message you get if you have the BU on Luna Boot patch installed.

    Sconix... is that a dead giveaway for the BU patch installed... seeing the saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej line in the error?

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  15. #2675  
    I don't think this is avaialble and if it is don't know how to do it. i would like a change to the GPS trigger that allows a trigger when you are not in a certain situation (i.e. the negative of the current trigger). Use would be to change the mode when I'm not at home vs at home or not at home but on Touchstone (in my case in the car)
  16. #2676  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamhives View Post
    I don't think this is avaialble and if it is don't know how to do it. i would like a change to the GPS trigger that allows a trigger when you are not in a certain situation (i.e. the negative of the current trigger). Use would be to change the mode when I'm not at home vs at home or not at home but on Touchstone (in my case in the car)
    personally GPS triggers are slow acting and would be a hard way to do what you are looking for
    if you have a TS in the car and a fairly set schedule then you could set the TS as a trigger in conjunction with a time trigger
    you could use a orintation trigger to differentiate between home and the car -- ie up and down in the car and sideways at home?

    you could use the not on a charger to tell it when you are not at home or in the car -- there are alot of ways to do things but the one where gPS triggers when you are not at a location is not available
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  17. #2677  
    I just assume that 9 out of 10 people have wifi at home.

    Just make a "Disconnected From" trigger for your home wifi network and you'll have a "not at home" mode.
  18. cpfms's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #2678  
    I am still new to MS and need some help. Before the latest update I had a charger mode that would turn the clock application on. When I removed it from the charger it would then go back to ,y currently chosen mode. Now whenever I unplug from the charger it goes to the default mode. Charging profile automation is immediate and home is set to immediate start and close by selection. Any help fixing this would be appreciated.
  19. #2679  
    I have .36 installed, and almost everything is working great. I can't wait for Gonvah and GPS triggers to work, then I'd be set.

    On the default mode I have "on startup" set to "Active Mode". But it always seems to start up in default mode.

    Also, I think you could think of adding sticky apps to the modes. Meaning while a mode is active the app will always relaunch if closed. Example, I leave Govnah, Email, and Calendar open all day while at work, and sometimes I close them accidentally. Maybe if they were sticky they could relaunch automatically.
  20. #2680  
    Quote Originally Posted by cpfms View Post
    I am still new to MS and need some help. Before the latest update I had a charger mode that would turn the clock application on. When I removed it from the charger it would then go back to ,y currently chosen mode. Now whenever I unplug from the charger it goes to the default mode. Charging profile automation is immediate and home is set to immediate start and close by selection. Any help fixing this would be appreciated.
    I'd make your charger profile a modifer mode with "close all opened" apps set "on close".

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions