View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 133 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3383123128129130131132133134135136137138143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 3326
  1. #2641  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Or just send me your messages log so I can see if its a bug or something broken in your system (that is also a possibility which the update could fix).
    where are those again? i forget the directory.
  2.    #2642  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    where are those again? i forget the directory.
    /var/log/messages
  3. #2643  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I can't believe you haven't gotten a PreCentral "Cover Story" yet -- I'm assuming you will as soon as you get to 1.0
    Awhile ago, I sent off a message to the PC editors about running a story about Sconix and his great apps/patches, etc...

    He's been getting some good pub from all over the community, so I can see this hopefully happening real soon.

    Great work as always Sconix!

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  4. #2644  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    /var/log/messages
    sent it over to you...hopefully it's what you needed.
  5. #2645  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    There is a "public" webos-internals feed built into Preware. (doesn't contain the MS app)
    Make sure it is the webos-internals "testing" feed. (where MS is found now)

    Not sure what you mean by "expecting a new version to show up in Preware...."
    New versions will show up in Preware as long as you have the feed configured and you have the feeds auto update or you manually update them when checking for updates.
    Previously there was a "private"? feed wee.apps... or something. It looks like since 0.32 the updated version is coming from internals/testing/all feed, I missed notice of when that happened.
    I should have read your .sig. I added the feed and v.36 shows up now...after installing probably all will be well (my time triggers haven't been working since v.29)
  6. #2646  
    Quick question (it is probably in the 133 pgs of the forums and I'm too lazy to look), but if there is a conflict on a setting in a modifier mode and a normal mode. Say the modifier sets on charger to "turn off" and the normal mode sets the charger to "always on". Who wins? The Modifier Mode? The Normal Mode? Default Mode?
  7. #2647  
    IMO Mode Switcher was not ready for a PreCentral 'cover story' and would have led to tons of new users trying to use it, complaining about the complicated install process, etc.

    Now that MS is in a stable feed with a full wiki and manual, I feel it is ready for a 'cover story' and the influx of users that will bring.

    I am also of the opinion that at some point in the near future this thread should be locked and re-created, whwnever sconix feels comfortable doing so. I plan to re-write the first post for him to make it easier for him to do it.
  8. #2648  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    IMO Mode Switcher was not ready for a PreCentral 'cover story' and would have led to tons of new users trying to use it, complaining about the complicated install process, etc.

    Now that MS is in a stable feed with a full wiki and manual, I feel it is ready for a 'cover story' and the influx of users that will bring.

    I am also of the opinion that at some point in the near future this thread should be locked and re-created, whwnever sconix feels comfortable doing so. I plan to re-write the first post for him to make it easier for him to do it.
    I actually agree (even though I mentioned it earlier as a joke and critique in some cases of PreCentral's knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes...). I'm glad Janne has been able to get MS to where it is today under the radar as they say. I think the recent hubbub surrounding Kernel development demonstrates what "broader than it's ready for" distribution can bring to a developer and beta testing community.
  9. #2649  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I actually agree (even though I mentioned it earlier as a joke and critique in some cases of PreCentral's knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes...). I'm glad Janne has been able to get MS to where it is today under the radar as they say. I think the recent hubbub surrounding Kernel development demonstrates what "broader than it's ready for" distribution can bring to a developer and beta testing community.
    I agree. It's kinda sad to see what a bunch of software-hungry disrespectful people can do to a guy. I'm glad that hasn't happened here.
  10. fareal's Avatar
    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    #2650  
    I'm trying to setup a mode (tried both Normal and Modifer) to set Network Settings: Voice Roaming: Roam Only, but it doesn't seem to work. It doesn't change the phone setting at all.
  11. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #2651  
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    I'm trying to setup a mode (tried both Normal and Modifer) to set Network Settings: Voice Roaming: Roam Only, but it doesn't seem to work. It doesn't change the phone setting at all.
    I dont think it's fully functional yet.

    See this for future roadmap:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2579506-post2630.html
  12. #2652  
    Ok. I have had some success rebuilding my modes. I am currently using .36.

    The only issue I am seeing still ties to the default mode. I have default 'Applications' set to 'Everytime', but the apps do not launch. The only time they do launch is after a reset when I reset in the default mode. This is ok as I have it set to use the last active mode. However, when I switch back to the default mode from any mode, the apps I have set to launch in default do not launch.

    Any ideas? I still suspect that my default mode preferences are messed up perhaps. Not sure.

    Just to be sure, if I close an app that I have set to launch on default mode, that app should launch again when I switch to default mode, right? In a way these apps should continually re-open whenever the default mode is loaded. That is the way I thought MS used to work (.29), but it does not seem to be working that way for me now.
  13.    #2653  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemh008 View Post
    Quick question (it is probably in the 133 pgs of the forums and I'm too lazy to look), but if there is a conflict on a setting in a modifier mode and a normal mode. Say the modifier sets on charger to "turn off" and the normal mode sets the charger to "always on". Who wins? The Modifier Mode? The Normal Mode? Default Mode?
    Modifier modes whole purpose is to override settings of those "full" (normal) modes. And if multiple modifier modes touch the same setting then the which is activated latest will win naturally.
  14.    #2654  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Ok. I have had some success rebuilding my modes. I am currently using .36.

    The only issue I am seeing still ties to the default mode. I have default 'Applications' set to 'Everytime', but the apps do not launch. The only time they do launch is after a reset when I reset in the default mode. This is ok as I have it set to use the last active mode. However, when I switch back to the default mode from any mode, the apps I have set to launch in default do not launch.

    Any ideas? I still suspect that my default mode preferences are messed up perhaps. Not sure.

    Just to be sure, if I close an app that I have set to launch on default mode, that app should launch again when I switch to default mode, right? In a way these apps should continually re-open whenever the default mode is loaded. That is the way I thought MS used to work (.29), but it does not seem to be working that way for me now.
    No your default preferences are most likely ok and you have the correct undestanding of the feature. I know the app launching has couple issues which I fix when I modify it for launching apps in modifier modes too which is on Monday/Wednesday. So all app launching issues should be fixed then.
  15. #2655  
    I can't believe I didn't notice this app before now. It's what I've been looking for since I got my Pre. I just set it up and I can't even express how impressed I am.

    Just made a donation too. Please keep up the great work!
    Last edited by OpenTrackRacer; 07/29/2010 at 01:14 AM.
  16.    #2656  
    I hope the .36 release is treating everyone a little better than previous .3x releases. At least there is no posts with issues that I am not aware. I am now away for couple days and will be back releasing another bug fix release on this weekend and the bigger (which hopefully has all known issues fixed) on Wednesday. So if any new issues are found during these couple days please post them here so I know what to fix.
  17. #2657  
    App launch with delays now work correctly at boot! Also the modifier modes seem to launch correctly, now I just have to wait patiently for your update next week to fix Govnah support and app launching in modifier modes.

    Great app can't wait til all the bugs are ironed out!
  18. #2658  
    .36 worked great controlling the PIN entry, which is what I was missing before.

    The only issue I've run into is the same as Palmuse, wherein Default mode does not launch it's apps when it is switched to from my Nightstand mode (I only have 2 modes).
  19. #2659  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I hope the .36 release is treating everyone a little better than previous .3x releases. At least there is no posts with issues that I am not aware. I am now away for couple days and will be back releasing another bug fix release on this weekend and the bigger (which hopefully has all known issues fixed) on Wednesday. So if any new issues are found during these couple days please post them here so I know what to fix.
    My version shows as .35 and I don't see an update in Preware. Either way, all my modes are starting and stopping like they should be. Thanks Sconix!
  20. #2660  
    Wow, I updated Mode Swither from within Preware and all my modes are gone...?!
    Can I have them restored by Save/Restore or has some formats or DB structures been changed?

    btw: where can I read the version number?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions