• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 132 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3282122127128129130131132133134135136137142 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 3326
    There is a setting in the Preferences of Preware, I believe it's "Show Types" that changes the opening scene, oakridge, so it may not be the same for everyone depending on how they have it set.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    There is a setting in the Preferences of Preware, I believe it's "Show Types" that changes the opening scene, oakridge, so it may not be the same for everyone depending on how they have it set.
    Confirmed.
    Sorry everyone. My bad.

Well, searching for MS would still work anyway.

I will update the wiki with some updated info to cover this.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 07/28/2010 at 01:40 PM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Which patch are you referring to?

- Are you referring to the dependent patch "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" or are you referring to System Menu Mode Menu patch on the Top Bar?

Are you installing via Preware? If so, it should install the dependent patch automatically. Other install methods don't check for dependencies and would have to be installed manually.
    I'm referring to the Launch Mode Switcher patch, which, during installation via Preware, throws an error. I thought the error might be a result of the system menu patches, but that wasn't the case.
  4.    #2624  
    I will soon push .36 release out so that people can already see if the triggers work more better now. And will try to release another release later today with more bigger none critical fixes.
    Here's the error I'm getting:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej
  6.    #2626  
    Quote Originally Posted by boxfier View Post
    Here's the error I'm getting:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej
    You have start brightness unlimited on luna start patch installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You have start brightness unlimited on luna start patch installed.
    Thanks. I look forward to using you app!
    I didn't realize I had to manually update preware and I was running an older version. After updating MS showed up.
  9.    #2629  
    The .36 version should be out and hopefully fixes all trigger problems. The current TODO before 1.0.0 is:

- Make sure that adding MS to the app list multiple times don't cause any
    problems. Also prevent loop and make sure that adding starting/triggering for multiple modes work.
    - Fix govnah support.
    - Fix gps trigger.
    - Fix bluetooth profile trigger.
    - Add application support for modifier modes.
    - Mode toggling quick action in menu does not work.
    - Fix web launchpoint launching.
    - Fix voice roaming setting.
    - Tweak the launchpoint mode launching support.
    - Fix screen off feature for every situation.
    - See and fix the reason why MS not working on pixi.

So if you find something else please share.
    tnank great patch.
    gret.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    If the testing feed is added correctly you should be able to easily find MS by searching for 'mode'

Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/

As you can see MS is there. Make sure your testing feed URL looks like that one.
    Does this mean that we should manually update using WOSQI vs expecting a new version to show up in preware package updates, or should I add this to my preware feed?

I already have webos-internals as part of my feed...

Thanks..

Ooops looks like I should read http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...n:ModeSwitcher , yes the feed needs to be added.
    Last edited by liketreo; 07/28/2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: more info
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    Does this mean that we should manually update using WOSQI vs expecting a new version to show up in preware package updates, or should I add this to my preware feed?

Thanks..
    You should use Preware for all Mode Switcher related packages since WOSQI does not notice dependencies. The newest version is in the testing feed ready to update.
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post

Thanks..
    There is a "public" webos-internals feed built into Preware. (doesn't contain the MS app)
    Make sure it is the webos-internals "testing" feed. (where MS is found now)

Not sure what you mean by "expecting a new version to show up in Preware...."
    New versions will show up in Preware as long as you have the feed configured and you have the feeds auto update or you manually update them when checking for updates.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    There is a "public" webos-internals feed built into Preware. (doesn't contain the MS app)
    Make sure it is the webos-internals "testing" feed. (where MS is found now)

Not sure what you mean by "expecting a new version to show up in Preware...."
    New versions will show up in Preware as long as you have the feed configured and you have the feeds auto update or you manually update them when checking for updates.
    okay...where is the "testing" feed? only version .32 is showing up in my preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    okay...where is the "testing" feed? only version .32 is showing up in my preware.
    Please see the Mode Switcher Wiki for install instructions, including the testing feed info you seek.

Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hi Sconix (all). I've been using MS now for at least a month or so and have followed the development of the .30+ versions including Modifier modes.... however either I don't understand it correctly or I'm doing something wrong.

Currently using MS .35 on USA Sprint Pre with WebOS 1.4.1.1

I have built a Modifier mode to maximize screen brightness when on the touchstone. (at a later time, I'll add a time-based trigger to have this happen only during the day time as well, but for now I'm keeping is simple).

The BRIGHT (modifier) mode (build from scratch after .35 update this morning) is:
    Settings: Screen brightness = Max
    Triggers: ONE TRIGGER = On Touchstone with 3 second delay.

The underlying mode currently is my work mode:
    Settings: All setting groups are included, but the most relevant is screen brightness which is at 73
    Triggers: Wifi connected to my "WorkWifi"

The underlying Work mode works fine. It triggers when on my floor and turns off when I go to the basement or leave the building.

However, when I put my Pre on the TS, nothing happens. Checking the display settings, still reflects a 73 and not 100.

Am I missing something?
    Modifier Mode Touchstone Trigger Issue reported by me (and others) in the quoted post above is FIXED in 0.36. Great work Sconix.

I know it probably seems like some of us have rushed you into releases with less 'testing' than you would probably like, but I for one, appreciate your efforts and I'm willing to help you identify the issues (and patient enough to wait out the fixes. Great job!!!

I can't believe you haven't gotten a PreCentral "Cover Story" yet -- I'm assuming you will as soon as you get to 1.0
    Ergh.

Got all the updates...but it still won't open.

So I guess it's back to waiting for 1.4.5 and hoping that sets things right...
  19.    #2639  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Modifier Mode Touchstone Trigger Issue reported by me (and others) in the quoted post above is FIXED in 0.36. Great work Sconix.

I know it probably seems like some of us have rushed you into releases with less 'testing' than you would probably like, but I for one, appreciate your efforts and I'm willing to help you identify the issues (and patient enough to wait out the fixes. Great job!!!

I can't believe you haven't gotten a PreCentral "Cover Story" yet -- I'm assuming you will as soon as you get to 1.0
    Its not you (the users) that have rushed me its the road I have taken. Keeping this beta and therefore I can release a bit buggier versions with less testing and then receive reports from you guys. This saves me a lot I mean a lot of time (so thanks to all beta users for this and bearing with the bugs) since testing this feature rich app is very slow process. And I could not have got this feature rich first stable release in any other way with my available time. So I have always tried to do the basic testing and to verify that no critical bugs are in.

For example these last two bug fix releases I have done in very little time over VNC connection I am away from my computer until Monday so expect larger bug fix update on Tuesday/Wednesday which hopefully is already release candidate.

So after 1.0.0 is out don't expect any fast buggy releases but fast bug fixes
  20.    #2640  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Ergh.

Got all the updates...but it still won't open.

So I guess it's back to waiting for 1.4.5 and hoping that sets things right...
    Or just send me your messages log so I can see if its a bug or something broken in your system (that is also a possibility which the update could fix).