• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 131 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3181121126127128129130131132133134135136141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 3326
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    1) There should not be any issues with time+charger trigger. At least it has never failed me. Currently if you have multiple same triggers then there is a bug that is fixed in .36. At least my night mode is the same than your bedside mode and it has been working fully. Maybe you had something else going on in the phone since some ssytem request are known to abort mode change it is very rare but I think it still happens even with 1.4.5.

2) Yes that is how its implemented. On mode close default mode is always loaded. There is no check if any other modes triggers are valid. Hence the name triggers. Something has to trigger for it to take effect. What you describe would bee too messy and unreasonable since what if many modes matches what should MS do then. So this is no go. But what you can do is set MS into your night modes application list and set it to trigger home mode. Then home mode is started when your night mode closes if its valid.

So MS will never do this globally (Automatically) but you can configure your modes to do this by using the MS app in the started application list.
    1) Okay, I'll watch that and see if it was a one-time issue. There shouldn't be anything else going on regularly. Or maybe .36 will fix it.

2) This is a significant change to the way it was working a couple of days ago (before the latest series of updates). I'll try to figure out how to set that.
  2.    #2602  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    1) Okay, I'll watch that and see if it was a one-time issue. There shouldn't be anything else going on regularly. Or maybe .36 will fix it.

2) This is a significant change to the way it was working a couple of days ago (before the latest series of updates). I'll try to figure out how to set that.
    1) Of course report this again if it happen again so I can start thinking of the real reason why it happened.

2) Yes its a change how it was. The previous logic was there only for few releases. I prefer the current one since it far more simple and it usually is that some of the mode need this but not all so therefore this behavior was moved away from default usage to the more advanced usage.
    Yeah, I understand the reasoning behind the change, because it obviously makes MS smoother and simpler, like you said, even if it is not as intuitive as before.

The key will be making sure we can check MS for multiple mode triggers on a mode close. That would be the workaround for making MS act the way it did before (but requiring user interaction to set it up this way).

I think most people only have a few "base" modes that will need checking when a mode is closed. I would think a max of 2-3 mode trigger checks would be needed in the app launching setup. For people who don't travel as much it might be even less.

In fact... what if there was a function in the Mode Switcher app launcher called "All Modes" in addition to each individual mode and "Previous Mode", so a mode closing could be used to have MS check for all current mode triggers, if a user desires? Theoretically this could lead to problems if multiple modes can be triggered, but since this is the choice of a user it is not such a big deal. Furthermore, the order of the mode list could be used to assign mode priority in the event of a conflict?

Would that be appropriate?
    You are using it correctly. I haven't tested battery trigger after that big update (.30) so will do that now. Maybe there is a small error. So please try .36 when its out (later today) and report back if its still not working.

Also if you can say did you have any other triggers in the mode and was it normal or modifier mode? It would speed up the testing...
    I had no other triggers this was the only mode setup at the time. It was normal. On a side note my phone powered down due to low battery it was intentional and upon powering back up mode switcher will not start the icon highlights briefly and and that is it. I have to do a luna restart for it to load up.
    I'm also going to release this patch for MS that I created that modifies the time trigger to use one-minute intervals for open and closing (instead of 5m).

Warning: sconix has pointed out problems that can arise when WebOS receives too many trigger requests, so use this patch at your own risk. You have been warned.

I use this only for modes that I use to launch apps, because I only need them to be open for a minute, no longer.

The other thing to keep in mind is that when you update Mode Switcher, this patch will no longer be applied (but will still show up as installed in Preware or WOSQI), and is not guaranteed to work with future versions of MS.

BUT, the modes you create using this patch will retain their triggers until they are deleted, so unless you have to add/change them, you won't have to re-apply this patch. You can even apply the patch, set your modes, then remove the patch, and the modes will retain the settings.

I don't know if anyone else has a use for this, but I'm posting it anyway. Again, please read the warning.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  6.    #2606  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Yeah, I understand the reasoning behind the change, because it obviously makes MS smoother and simpler, like you said, even if it is not as intuitive as before.

The key will be making sure we can check MS for multiple mode triggers on a mode close. That would be the workaround for making MS act the way it did before (but requiring user interaction to set it up this way).

I think most people only have a few "base" modes that will need checking when a mode is closed. I would think a max of 2-3 mode trigger checks would be needed in the app launching setup. For people who don't travel as much it might be even less.

In fact... what if there was a function in the Mode Switcher app launcher called "All Modes" in addition to each individual mode and "Previous Mode", so a mode closing could be used to have MS check for all current mode triggers, if a user desires? Theoretically this could lead to problems if multiple modes can be triggered, but since this is the choice of a user it is not such a big deal. Furthermore, the order of the mode list could be used to assign mode priority in the event of a conflict?

Would that be appropriate?
    Yes this came to my mind also. I will think about this when I get to this. But I certainly want the MS app (advanced) usage to allow all kinds of situations.
  7.    #2607  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I had no other triggers this was the only mode setup at the time. It was normal. On a side note my phone powered down due to low battery it was intentional and upon powering back up mode switcher will not start the icon highlights briefly and and that is it. I have to do a luna restart for it to load up.
    At least I could not get the battery trigger to fail. It launched when the level reached to high limit and closed when it reached to low limit. So please do some testing with .36 and if it still fails for you please send messages log so I can see is the battery trigger receiving the battery level info. Actually yu could already send measges log if you want me to take a look why it did not launched the mode.

About the luna restart needed for MS to start I guess I know the reason. It is the old system requests dying bug. I have to fix my workaround so that it works for every situation (now it is only used for settings applying and they have stopped failing). The failed system request causes the MS initialization to abort on phone boot. I'll try to include fix for this in .36 release.

Its just odd that these things never happen in my phone. I guess mine is somehow a "good" version since it executes everything quickly enough so they won't have time to abort etc.
    Hi Sconix (all). I've been using MS now for at least a month or so and have followed the development of the .30+ versions including Modifier modes.... however either I don't understand it correctly or I'm doing something wrong.

Currently using MS .35 on USA Sprint Pre with WebOS 1.4.1.1

I have built a Modifier mode to maximize screen brightness when on the touchstone. (at a later time, I'll add a time-based trigger to have this happen only during the day time as well, but for now I'm keeping is simple).

The BRIGHT (modifier) mode (build from scratch after .35 update this morning) is:
    Settings: Screen brightness = Max
    Triggers: ONE TRIGGER = On Touchstone with 3 second delay.

The underlying mode currently is my work mode:
    Settings: All setting groups are included, but the most relevant is screen brightness which is at 73
    Triggers: Wifi connected to my "WorkWifi"

The underlying Work mode works fine. It triggers when on my floor and turns off when I go to the basement or leave the building.

However, when I put my Pre on the TS, nothing happens. Checking the display settings, still reflects a 73 and not 100.

Am I missing something?
  9.    #2609  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I'm also going to release this patch for MS that I created that modifies the time trigger to use one-minute intervals for open and closing (instead of 5m).

Warning: sconix has pointed out problems that can arise when WebOS receives too many trigger requests, so use this patch at your own risk. You have been warned.

I use this only for modes that I use to launch apps, because I only need them to be open for a minute, no longer.

The other thing to keep in mind is that when you update Mode Switcher, this patch will no longer be applied (but will still show up as installed in Preware or WOSQI), and is not guaranteed to work with future versions of MS.

BUT, the modes you create using this patch will retain their triggers until they are deleted, so unless you have to add/change them, you won't have to re-apply this patch. You can even apply the patch, set your modes, then remove the patch, and the modes will retain the settings.

I don't know if anyone else has a use for this, but I'm posting it anyway. Again, please read the warning.
    I am not actually sure anymore if the warning applies to latest WebOS version since the multiple modifier modes starting with MS app configuration worked. So this actually might be thing of the past (hopefully). Will have to test at some point though...
    At least I could not get the battery trigger to fail. It launched when the level reached to high limit and closed when it reached to low limit. So please do some testing with .36 and if it still fails for you please send messages log so I can see is the battery trigger receiving the battery level info. Actually yu could already send measges log if you want me to take a look why it did not launched the mode.

About the luna restart needed for MS to start I guess I know the reason. It is the old system requests dying bug. I have to fix my workaround so that it works for every situation (now it is only used for settings applying and they have stopped failing). The failed system request causes the MS initialization to abort on phone boot. I'll try to include fix for this in .36 release.

Its just odd that these things never happen in my phone. I guess mine is somehow a "good" version since it executes everything quickly enough so they won't have time to abort etc.
    I did a luna restart to make sure mode switcher would function. Put pre on touchstone battery at 8% and low battery mode kicked in at 10% Low battery mode turned off like it is supposed to currently waiting to see if it kicks in when it drops to 10%.
  11.    #2611  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hi Sconix (all). I've been using MS now for at least a month or so and have followed the development of the .30+ versions including Modifier modes.... however either I don't understand it correctly or I'm doing something wrong.

Currently using MS .35 on USA Sprint Pre with WebOS 1.4.1.1

I have built a Modifier mode to maximize screen brightness when on the touchstone. (at a later time, I'll add a time-based trigger to have this happen only during the day time as well, but for now I'm keeping is simple).

The BRIGHT (modifier) mode (build from scratch after .35 update this morning) is:
    Settings: Screen brightness = Max
    Triggers: ONE TRIGGER = On Touchstone with 3 second delay.

The underlying mode currently is my work mode:
    Settings: All setting groups are included, but the most relevant is screen brightness which is at 73
    Triggers: Wifi connected to my "WorkWifi"

The underlying Work mode works fine. It triggers when on my floor and turns off when I go to the basement or leave the building.

However, when I put my Pre on the TS, nothing happens. Checking the display settings, still reflects a 73 and not 100.

Am I missing something?
    Fixed in .36. There has been few issues with triggers in .3x release and hopefully all or at least most basic ones are now fixed in .36 which I release tonight.
    I have added the testing feed but I cannot find mode switcher anywhere in preware. Here are the instructions from the wiki:

Installing Mode Switcher

1. Tap Available Packages
    2. Tap the Feeds button at the bottom of the screen
    3. Tap WebOS Internals > Application > System Utilities > Mode Switcher
    4. Tap the Install button
    5. Tap the Install / Update It button (This will install Mode Switcher and the dependent/required "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" patch.)
    6. Tap the Ok button to restart Luna

"Available Packages" isn't even an option when I load preware.

I see available applications, themes, patches, other. I see package updates and I see installed packages but I don't see available packages. A search for "mode switcher" finds related patches but not ms itself.

I realize I'm a dunce when it comes to this stuff but can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Actually I could not re-produce this. I don't currently have a touchstone since I am away from home so I tested restarting while in USB charger/wall and the mode stayed on and I could even start MS.

So could you test if it has the same effect for you when you use usb/wall charger? And if you still can reproduce this with any of the chargers then could you send a messages log too.

Seems this only occurs for me during the time of one of my night (normal) modes. Outside of that time period I don't have this issue. I'l test again with .36 and report back if issue persists.
    okay sconix reporting back the low battery trigger is working correctly. Upon a full reboot of the device I have to do a luna restart to get mode switcher to run and everything works like a charm I am going to try to add a trigger that if the battery is charging to not let the mode kick in. So I guess once you put out the fix for having to do a luna restart upon a reboot everything will work like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by bosabilene View Post
    I have added the testing feed but I cannot find mode switcher anywhere in preware.
    If the testing feed is added correctly you should be able to easily find MS by searching for 'mode'

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...s/testing/all/

As you can see MS is there. Make sure your testing feed URL looks like that one.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    1) Of course report this again if it happen again so I can start thinking of the real reason why it happened.

2) Yes its a change how it was. The previous logic was there only for few releases. I prefer the current one since it far more simple and it usually is that some of the mode need this but not all so therefore this behavior was moved away from default usage to the more advanced usage.
    Ah Ha!

Did a little testing at work with a new "Test" mode (to test the app settings to check triggers), and found what looks like an issue with blocking other modes and time triggers.

With blocking set for either Other Modes or Normal Modes, the Test mode would override my Work mode and start just fine based on the time trigger, but wouldn't close. If I switched to "No Blocking" it would immediately switch to Work mode (probably because of the Wi-Fi trigger), so I had to change the end time on Work so it wouldn't apply. With No Blocking set, Test mode closed on schedule.

My Bedside mode also has blocking set, because I had issues with it trying to go back to Home mode during the night, so this is probably why it wouldn't close this morning.

Edit: Also, when I start MS after the close time, it does close the Test mode when I close MS.

Test Mode:
    Block Mode: Other Modes/Normal Modes (would not close); No Blocking (closed on schedule)
    Time: 1130 to various as needed to test
  17.    #2617  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    Ah Ha!

Did a little testing at work with a new "Test" mode (to test the app settings to check triggers), and found what looks like an issue with blocking other modes and time triggers.

With blocking set for either Other Modes or Normal Modes, the Test mode would override my Work mode and start just fine based on the time trigger, but wouldn't close. If I switched to "No Blocking" it would immediately switch to Work mode (probably because of the Wi-Fi trigger), so I had to change the end time on Work so it wouldn't apply. With No Blocking set, Test mode closed on schedule.

My Bedside mode also has blocking set, because I had issues with it trying to go back to Home mode during the night, so this is probably why it wouldn't close this morning.

Edit: Also, when I start MS after the close time, it does close the Test mode when I close MS.

Test Mode:
    Block Mode: Other Modes/Normal Modes (would not close); No Blocking (closed on schedule)
    Time: 1130 to various as needed to test
    Ah of courseeeeee. I should not block the closing of current mode even it has blocking set Hopefully this was the last issue with trigger checking So .36 will (should) fix this.
    I'm trying to instal MS, along with the associated patch, but I'm getting an error. What patches could potentially conflicting? Or could there be another issue? I appologize if this has been asked previously.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bosabilene View Post
    I have added the testing feed but I cannot find mode switcher anywhere in preware. Here are the instructions from the wiki:

"Available Packages" isn't even an option when I load preware.

I see available applications, themes, patches, other. I see package updates and I see installed packages but I don't see available packages. A search for "mode switcher" finds related patches but not ms itself.

I realize I'm a dunce when it comes to this stuff but can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
    Hmm. Available Packages is on the main page of preware. (See the attached screenshot I just took)

As Tobias Funke stated, if the feed is entered correctly, it will be there whether by searching for it or browsing to it following those steps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by boxfier View Post
    I'm trying to instal MS, along with the associated patch, but I'm getting an error. What patches could potentially conflicting? Or could there be another issue? I appologize if this has been asked previously.

Thanks.
    Which patch are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by boxfier View Post
    ...associated patch...?
    - Are you referring to the dependent patch "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" or are you referring to System Menu Mode Menu patch on the Top Bar?

Are you installing via Preware? If so, it should install the dependent patch automatically. Other install methods don't check for dependencies and would have to be installed manually.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie