View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 130 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3080120125126127128129130131132133134135140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 3326
  1. #2581  
    Hi,

    I have to mention first, that I find this app really amazing.
    Thank you very much Sconix for your work.

    Once said that, I'm just wondering wether this is a bug or not?
    I've installed 0.9.35, and everything seems to work fine except the airplane mode: In custom mode, if I select airplane mode from the device menu (I'm not using the device menu patch as it does not work on "French" Pre ), I'll get back to the default profil rather than the airplane one.

    I just realize that today, so I can not compare with behavior on previous MS versions.

    Thanks
  2.    #2582  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaetan75009 View Post
    Hi,

    I have to mention first, that I find this app really amazing.
    Thank you very much Sconix for your work.

    Once said that, I'm just wondering wether this is a bug or not?
    I've installed 0.9.35, and everything seems to work fine except the airplane mode: In custom mode, if I select airplane mode from the device menu (I'm not using the device menu patch as it does not work on "French" Pre ), I'll get back to the default profil rather than the airplane one.

    I just realize that today, so I can not compare with behavior on previous MS versions.

    Thanks
    Is your airplane mode modifier mode or normal? And if its modifier then does your current custom mode have any triggers set? And do you have the latest mode menu patch?
  3. #2583  
    Thanks Sconix, I have not realized yet that there was this option.
    I set default mode to "do not set" and MS behave as I expect it to behave.

    Thanks again for this powerfull app.
  4. #2584  
    i have 9.35 installed and have upgraded each of the new incarnations skipping none -- modes that use the TS as a trigger in conjunction with a time trigger and all unique are not working for me -- for example
    car mode
    triggers :
    T/S -- no deley
    any orientation
    Time of day -- weekdays - 5am to 7am
    time of day -- weekdays - 2pm to 6pm
    time of day -- weekends -- 7am to 7pm

    all unique
    block other modes

    will not change modes automatically -- any suggestions??

    thansk in advance
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  5.    #2585  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have 9.35 installed and have upgraded each of the new incarnations skipping none -- modes that use the TS as a trigger in conjunction with a time trigger and all unique are not working for me -- for example
    car mode
    triggers :
    T/S -- no deley
    any orientation
    Time of day -- weekdays - 5am to 7am
    time of day -- weekdays - 2pm to 6pm
    time of day -- weekends -- 7am to 7pm

    all unique
    block other modes

    will not change modes automatically -- any suggestions??

    thansk in advance
    I have only tested one time trigger + two charger triggers and it works everytime. So maybe I need to test multiple time trigges and see if that could be the cause.I need to be able to replicate the failing so I have better idea what could be the problem. Or maybe it is the weekdays/weekends. I only use every day in my testing...
  6. #2586  
    Forget what I sad in previous post about this issue. Do you have any other triggers than time? If not then there is something wrong with time trigger (which is bit odd since haven't touch that code). I added some debug logging for time triggers for .35 release. So please report how it goes with that and send messages log if possible.
    My Work Mode is only a time trigger; 0645 - 1430 Custom M,T,W,Th and 0645 - 1100 Custom F. Is it because I have two triggers? I added a new trigger last night to cover our Vacation Bible School and had it starting at 0545 - 2030 (which should have been 1745 - 2030) and I noticed that it started this morning at 0545. So, it seems that any of my modes that just have one trigger start okay. The problem comes when I try to have more than one trigger. My Bedside Mode triggers on Wall Charger, Touchstone, Time - Weekend between 2300 - 0700 and Time - Weekdays between 2230 - 0600.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  7. #2587  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I have only tested one time trigger + two charger triggers and it works everytime. So maybe I need to test multiple time trigges and see if that could be the cause.I need to be able to replicate the failing so I have better idea what could be the problem. Or maybe it is the weekdays/weekends. I only use every day in my testing...
    Maybe I should change mine back to that. I saw his with the weekday / weekend and tried it out. But, my work mode still didn't start this morning with two time triggers using custom days.

    ** I just went into MS to change my Bedside mode back to one time / two charger triggers. When I exited MS it reloaded Default Mode even though it should have stayed in Work Mode. **
    Last edited by cdbillups; 07/28/2010 at 07:17 AM. Reason: More information
  8.    #2588  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Maybe I should change mine back to that. I saw his with the weekday / weekend and tried it out. But, my work mode still didn't start this morning with two time triggers using custom days.
    I'll test the other day options. Most likely the fault is there. Another question about your previous post did you meant that even you set the time to 5.45 pm it started 5.45 am or did I miss something?

    EDIT: update just tested and it seems that multiple same triggers at least for time triggers is causing problems. Maybe I have one brake missing in the loop and it tries to see if all triggers with same type are valid.

    EDIT2: Yes that seems to be the case. In my previous tests the both charger triggers was for same charger type so it of course worked. So currently the all unique setting is broken and will fix it for .36.
  9. #2589  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Basically removing all your modes and swiping away the settings in default mode should reset the configuration. But I have seen weird things happening sometimes with system preferences so the adding of reset to MS install is a good idea. And will come hopefully soon when we have save+restore support for MS.
    Thanks for the idea. I will try deleting each setting in the default profile.

    Beyond this issue, MS is really not working for me which is why I began the delete/reinstall quest. I think the trouble may relate to upgradeing from .29 and the stuck prefs. The itme s giving so may people issues in the thread ately are likely setting they ahd before an upgrade from .29. This is just a hypothesis, but I am wondering if the odd "bugs" here and there are all related to preference conflicts b/t .29 and the newer versions.

    As an example, I had a profile called Sleep that was activated by the Touchstone. Worked great in .29. Now with .35 if does not trig at all. However for some others is seems the Touchstone trigger might be working?

    Lastly, I have been able to open MS, but this AM the launcher icon just glows (not the card) and it stops without opening the card. I am betting a reset will get it working again.

    Ok. One more thing... I did not mess with the pref db at all so this is not the issue. BTW, we could use a preference clean up app like in the old PalmOS days. Anybody agree?

    Thanks for your efforts and time. I'll be patient. I promise.
  10.    #2590  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Thanks for the idea. I will try deleting each setting in the default profile.

    Beyond this issue, MS is really not working for me which is why I began the delete/reinstall quest. I think the trouble may relate to upgradeing from .29 and the stuck prefs. The itme s giving so may people issues in the thread ately are likely setting they ahd before an upgrade from .29. This is just a hypothesis, but I am wondering if the odd "bugs" here and there are all related to preference conflicts b/t .29 and the newer versions.

    As an example, I had a profile called Sleep that was activated by the Touchstone. Worked great in .29. Now with .35 if does not trig at all. However for some others is seems the Touchstone trigger might be working?

    Lastly, I have been able to open MS, but this AM the launcher icon just glows (not the card) and it stops without opening the card. I am betting a reset will get it working again.

    Ok. One more thing... I did not mess with the pref db at all so this is not the issue. BTW, we could use a preference clean up app like in the old PalmOS days. Anybody agree?

    Thanks for your efforts and time. I'll be patient. I promise.
    At least the odd bugs should have gone away for most now. If you have multiple triggers with same type then even the current version does not work as stated by the prvious post of mine. This will be fixed in next release. But if you only have one charger (TS) trigger and it still does not launch then its something in your setup. Since that I cannot get to fail.

    If you contact me by email (scorpio.iix at gmail.com) I can send you a version that forces configuration reset so you could test if that causes the problems for you.
  11. fareal's Avatar
    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    #2591  
    I've got two phones that behave he same with .35. When restarting while on the touchstone, afterwards Mode Switcher will not launch. The glowing card will not even appear. Only the launcher icon briefly glows but never opens the card. After Luna Restart off of the touchstone the app starts ok.
  12.    #2592  
    So if anybody has multiple triggers of same type and all unique setting set then don't expect the triggering to work. This was due to too eager code cleanup that I did It is fixed in .36 release and is hopefully the last bug involved with mode triggering.
  13.    #2593  
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    I've got two phones that behave he same with .35. When restarting while on the touchstone, afterwards Mode Switcher will not launch. The glowing card will not even appear. Only the launcher icon briefly glows but never opens the card. After Luna Restart off of the touchstone the app starts ok.
    This means that I have a bug in the latest extension initialization code that is supposed to handle this situation correctly. I think I know the cause and I am rpetty sure that I can reproduce this so this will be fixed in .36.
  14.    #2594  
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    I've got two phones that behave he same with .35. When restarting while on the touchstone, afterwards Mode Switcher will not launch. The glowing card will not even appear. Only the launcher icon briefly glows but never opens the card. After Luna Restart off of the touchstone the app starts ok.
    Actually I could not re-produce this. I don't currently have a touchstone since I am away from home so I tested restarting while in USB charger/wall and the mode stayed on and I could even start MS.

    So could you test if it has the same effect for you when you use usb/wall charger? And if you still can reproduce this with any of the chargers then could you send a messages log too.
  15. bbrg548's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #2595  
    Perhaps related to some of the issues others have reported, but this morning I ran into two issues.

    1) Bedside mode did not close with the time trigger. Since I wasn't really awake, I wasn't thinking and closed it manually instead of just taking it off the touchstone to see if that worked (though it did work last night - both putting it on and taking it off the charger opened and closed the mode correctly).

    2) After closing Bedside mode it went to Default mode. It never switched to Home mode. I acts like it's only getting the Wi-Fi connection info when it first connects to a network, and not checking it when it closes a mode.

    Bedside mode:
    All Unique, Block Other Modes
    Charger: Touchstone, Any, 3 seconds
    Time: Every day, 2200 to 0630

    Home mode:
    One Trigger, No blocking
    Wi-Fi: Connected to, [home wireless], No Delay
  16.    #2596  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    Perhaps related to some of the issues others have reported, but this morning I ran into two issues.

    1) Bedside mode did not close with the time trigger. Since I wasn't really awake, I wasn't thinking and closed it manually instead of just taking it off the touchstone to see if that worked (though it did work last night - both putting it on and taking it off the charger opened and closed the mode correctly).

    2) After closing Bedside mode it went to Default mode. It never switched to Home mode. I acts like it's only getting the Wi-Fi connection info when it first connects to a network, and not checking it when it closes a mode.

    Bedside mode:
    All Unique, Block Other Modes
    Charger: Touchstone, Any, 3 seconds
    Time: Every day, 2200 to 0630

    Home mode:
    One Trigger, No blocking
    Wi-Fi: Connected to, [home wireless], No Delay
    1) There should not be any issues with time+charger trigger. At least it has never failed me. Currently if you have multiple same triggers then there is a bug that is fixed in .36. At least my night mode is the same than your bedside mode and it has been working fully. Maybe you had something else going on in the phone since some ssytem request are known to abort mode change it is very rare but I think it still happens even with 1.4.5.

    2) Yes that is how its implemented. On mode close default mode is always loaded. There is no check if any other modes triggers are valid. Hence the name triggers. Something has to trigger for it to take effect. What you describe would bee too messy and unreasonable since what if many modes matches what should MS do then. So this is no go. But what you can do is set MS into your night modes application list and set it to trigger home mode. Then home mode is started when your night mode closes if its valid.

    So MS will never do this globally (Automatically) but you can configure your modes to do this by using the MS app in the started application list.
  17. #2597  
    sconix I was trying to set a low battery mode high limit 10% low limit 5% My intention was at 10% to have it close all apps and turn off gps, bluetooth, and data. My battery got to 9% and the mode didn't kick in I could start it manually and it would close apps and disable all radios like I set up. My question is do I need to set both high and low limit to 5%? Can you provide any guidance about the battery level trigger? Thanks!
  18.    #2598  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    sconix I was trying to set a low battery mode high limit 10% low limit 5% My intention was at 10% to have it close all apps and turn off gps, bluetooth, and data. My battery got to 9% and the mode didn't kick in I could start it manually and it would close apps and disable all radios like I set up. My question is do I need to set both high and low limit to 5%? Can you provide any guidance about the battery level trigger? Thanks!
    You are using it correctly. I haven't tested battery trigger after that big update (.30) so will do that now. Maybe there is a small error. So please try .36 when its out (later today) and report back if its still not working.

    Also if you can say did you have any other triggers in the mode and was it normal or modifier mode? It would speed up the testing...
  19. #2599  
    So am I correct in assuming you can send multiple Mode Trigger requests to MS when an app closes, i.e. have it attempt to trigger Home and Work mode, so when X mode is closed it checks both (or even more) modes for triggerabiity?
  20.    #2600  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    So am I correct in assuming you can send multiple Mode Trigger requests to MS when an app closes, i.e. have it attempt to trigger Home and Work mode, so when X mode is closed it checks both (or even more) modes for triggerabiity?
    Actually this is something that I have to test. Never came to my mind. I know you can do this, but not sure if its a problem free setup at the moment I would like to say that it won't work currently. It should work if only one of those modes are valid,but if multiple then I have no clue what happens

    The other "dangerous" scenario is if you create a loop with couple of modes....So the MS app support is still missing couple things. Will take care of them when I have time.

    EDIT: Woo had to test, at least starting multiple modifier modes worked like a charm Still have to test more and see if there is any cave cats adding MS multiple times to the application list..
    Last edited by sconix; 07/28/2010 at 09:14 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions