32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 13 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Alright I know you tired of me asking questions but is it possible for a mode to keep running if I deleted it???
    Questions are always welcomed. If mode is deleted the MS should notice this and close the mode if it were active when you close the config app.
  2.    #242  
    I confirm that there is a bug that if you add applications to the mode you cannot edit it anymore. There was a stupid typo that I have now fixed. Tonights release will include this fix.
    Alright I thought I broke something that had to do with a mode still running but its a bug. Guess i'll wait again for the update
    --Marvin
    Okay, so today I went through a full school day with Mode Switcher activated. Unfortunately, by 2:50pm my phone was 0% and I was just able to make a call to my parents. I'm really surprised that no one has had this annoying bug yet. I know it is Mode Switcher because my phone doesn't have this drastic batteery drain when MS is unactive.
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Okay, so today I went through a full school day with Mode Switcher activated. Unfortunately, by 2:50pm my phone was 0% and I was just able to make a call to my parents. I'm really surprised that no one has had this annoying bug yet. I know it is Mode Switcher because my phone doesn't have this drastic batteery drain when MS is unactive.
    I am really amazed that you have this problem. Can you post your modes trigger configuration and what patch are you using. So I can think of a way how it could drain your battery. Since I have even been using the very experimental location trigger and still no noticeable battery drain compared to not having MS.

I am just about to do new release, I don't think that it should help for this problem, but you can always try.
  6.    #246  
    New beta release (0.8.2). I still found bug or two from the location trigger so sorry not yet that, but lots of bug fixes and couple new features so enjoy.

Now all the features except the location trigger are in so no more feature additions before 1.0 release except if they need very little code .

Packages soon in the in usual place:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...56#post2180156

I did not have lots of time to test this release so bugs may have slipped in specially into the new features.

New in this relase:

* Time of day trigger has custom option now for setting specific days.
    * Applications can be set to be closed on start or on close with option to close all or only started by the mode.
    * Fixed miss detection of charger trigger bug (which I introduced last time I tried to fix the charger trigger, so hopefully now it is properly fixed).
    * Fixed a bug that caused apps selection menu to freeze if you pressed outside of the menu to cancel the action.
    * Lots of notify related fixes.
    * Fixed manual close selection to actually have effect.
    * While system configuration is retrieved no back swipe is allowed.
    * Retrieving of the system config should not fail anymore.
    * Setting system settings should not fail anymore (mode starting should not anymore fail in any normal situation).
    * Fixed bug about getting back to editing mode after apps were added.
    Last edited by sconix; 02/16/2010 at 07:05 PM.
    I was using my School Mode, which has all sounds on mute, wifi off, gps off, data and phone on, IM signed off, and everything else was left untouched. It triggers from 7:25am to 2:50pm. I have the topbarmodeswitcher patch (because topbarmodemenu doesn't work with my installed patches). I know the problem isn't the patch because I had this battery drain when I wasn't using the patch.
  8.    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I was using my School Mode, which has all sounds on mute, wifi off, gps off, data and phone on, IM signed off, and everything else was left untouched. It triggers from 7:25am to 2:50pm. I have the topbarmodeswitcher patch (because topbarmodemenu doesn't work with my installed patches). I know the problem isn't the patch because I had this battery drain when I wasn't using the patch.
    Ok, so the only thing that can cause this is the time trigger. And only way it can cause it is so that it would keep firing all the time keeping your phone from sleeping. What makes this hard is that I actually have checks in place for it that even in a case that the next timeout is calculated wrongly it wont set new timeout if the time is in past which would cause the continuous loop. I don't know if it helps, but you could try to completely uninstall the app and then install latest version again. If you haven't done that already. I will anyway go through the code once more and see that is there anyway that the loop could happen.

What is your UTC time difference in your timezone? I can then try to set the exact same time for time trigger and see will it miss behave in anyway.
    is the gonna be a location trigger? Not sure if you gave up on that or if you're just working on it and just want to get this one out for people to test.
  10.    #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    is the gonna be a location trigger? Not sure if you gave up on that or if you're just working on it and just want to get this one out for people to test.
    Yes the location trigger is coming. It just have been quite hard to test and get it to work in a way I want it to work. I try to get it ready as soon as possible which means that it might be ready tomorrow or this weekend at least. But it depends on amount of the bugs that gets reported since those take priority.
    I see that you've given the option to pick individual days. I'm assuming that those only have to be checked in "Custom." If I select Weekdays from the list do I still need to check the days of the week?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I see that you've given the option to pick individual days. I'm assuming that those only have to be checked in "Custom." If I select Weekdays from the list do I still need to check the days of the week?
    Was wondering the same thing.
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Ok, so the only thing that can cause this is the time trigger. And only way it can cause it is so that it would keep firing all the time keeping your phone from sleeping. What makes this hard is that I actually have checks in place for it that even in a case that the next timeout is calculated wrongly it wont set new timeout if the time is in past which would cause the continuous loop. I don't know if it helps, but you could try to completely uninstall the app and then install latest version again. If you haven't done that already. I will anyway go through the code once more and see that is there anyway that the loop could happen.

What is your UTC time difference in your timezone? I can then try to set the exact same time for time trigger and see will it miss behave in anyway.
    I've uninstalled and reinnstalled the app everytime a new version is released, so that didn't help me. I live on the Pacific side of the US UTC-8.
  14.    #254  
    Was wondering the same thing.
    Yes the individual days have only effect when custom is selected. I will make the individual days hidden at some point if custom not selected, but did not had the time for now.
    Sconix there's also a small bug where the volume icon pops up when a mode is starting and stopping even if I haven't changed the sound settings.
  16.    #256  
    Sconix there's also a small bug where the volume icon pops up when a mode is starting and stopping even if I haven't changed the sound settings.
    It's actually a feature. Even that the mode does not include some setting it is set from default mode instead. I am not sure how this should actually be or should it be configurable. I mean what to do for settings that are not part of mode. Should they just let be, or set from default mode as it is now or only set from default mode if the default mode setting is different that previously set setting.

There is at least two this kind of special situations (using sound setting as an example):

1) Previous mode has sound set to 0, the new mode does not have sound setting

- Should the sound set from default mode always or only if the sound configuration is different than 0 or never.

2) Previous mode does not have sound setting and neither has new mode.

- Should the sound setting just let it be as it is or set it from default mode.

I don't know which would be the proper way of handling these situation and therefore for now it just sets them from default mode. This way you get always the same configuration when mode is started, but will lose the illusion that you can leave some settings away from the mode configuration.

Any opinions? Should I let it be as it is so that if you leave settings out of mode they are taken from default mode or set it so that setting that are not part of config are not touched. Or that the third most confusing option that only set from default mode if it is different than the setting in previous mode.

I can easily set it up in either of these ways, but I don't know which is most preferred.
    Last edited by sconix; 02/17/2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Fixed typo, I would like to here opinions not options :)
    good deal. This was one of the first apps I requested for. I thought about it while I was at the gym, then all of a sudden I am searching o these forums and I found that you are making this app already. I figure a lot of people must have been thinking about an app like this. Thanks for your work on this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Any opinions? Should I let it be as it is so that if you leave settings out of mode they are taken from default mode or set it so that setting that are not part of config are not touched. Or that the third most confusing option that only set from default mode if it is different than the setting in previous mode.

I can easily set it up in either of these ways, but I don't know which is most preferred.
    Personally, I'd leave it the way it is. Any settings that you leave out of a mode will use whatever the Default Mode has. If the Default Mode doesn't have a setting for it then it'd fall back on however WebOS is set.
    Example: Ringer setting - If I don't specify a ringer for my "Work Mode" it would look at "Default Mode." If I didn't specify a ringer for "Default Mode" it would use whatever is set in my Sounds setting in WebOS.
    Wow. Waiting for the stable release, but you read my mind with this app. EXACTLY what I was hoping for. Thanks!
  20.    #260  
    Personally, I'd leave it the way it is. Any settings that you leave out of a mode will use whatever the Default Mode has. If the Default Mode doesn't have a setting for it then it'd fall back on however WebOS is set.
    Example: Ringer setting - If I don't specify a ringer for my "Work Mode" it would look at "Default Mode." If I didn't specify a ringer for "Default Mode" it would use whatever is set in my Sounds setting in WebOS.
    Actually at the moment it can't use those "WebOS" settings since WebOS does not have support for setting system config without changing those values in the config apps too. That's why the default mode now holds all settings.

Also this is the reason why I want to add support for monitoring those settings changes. So if you change a setting through those palms preferences applications the changes are stored into the active mode. This should be easy to do, but will most likely do this after 1.0 release since this is only nice to have feature not must. I am still not convinced if the current way is the best since you might want to do a mode that only changes certain configurations and lets others be. But anyway this is easy to change or add a configuration for this at some point if needed.