• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 129 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2979119124125126127128129130131132133134139 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    is the site down right now, cause i'm not getting through. using this address, [url=http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all[[/url], i get this:

Unable to connect
    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at ipkg.preware.org:8080

Edit: coping & pasting from the the ms wiki appears not to work. directly entering the address, i can see ms choices finally! i am going to try to install the ipk.
    You missed the / on the end of the URL. You need it when browsing with the browser, but not when you add the URL into a feed configuration.

Or just go to http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/ and burrow down from there.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Sconix,

It seems that when I updated from .32 to .33/.34/.35, I was never prompted to restart luna. I though it did this before after updating. I could be mistaken.

Do you think it would be possible to have it prompt for a luna restart after every update so that it would cut down on some of the posts where folks forgot to restart luna and instead they got the flashing MS app card...?
    Adding a LunaRestart to the PostInstallFlag and PostUpdateFlag package meta-data should fix that.

Sconix, drop me a line if you need assistance with that.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    ok, i installed the ipk successfully using wosqi, and tapping the icon led to blinking card. did full reset, and ms opened. all four modes i had before were there, and checking one of them showed no errors. using the menu mode menu, i successfully changed the mode. i then opened preware and found ms under unknown installed packages. it seems that things are ok. thanks for the help--just when i think i'm starting to get it i see i don't
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    ok, i installed the ipk successfully using wosqi, and tapping the icon led to blinking card. did full reset, and ms opened. all four modes i had before were there, and checking one of them showed no errors. using the menu mode menu, i successfully changed the mode. i then opened preware and found ms under unknown installed packages. it seems that things are ok. thanks for the help--just when i think i'm starting to get it i see i don't
    Glad your back on track.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I had MS installed and working fine for a while. I noticed yesterday that there was an update to the Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot patch. I attempted to update but I got the dreaded "Error Updating: See IPKG Log" msg. I thought I might remove and reinstall MS but that didn't work because the patch won't update or remove. I already added the webos-internals test feed and found the most current MS version. I just can't install it since that patch is stuck... Any ideas how to get it to update?

Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.prerm 2>&1
    ERROR: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot is not a directory or does not exist!
    Sounds excellent... I look forward to testing this out.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    After reading your post, I went into jstop and killed the process for MS and tried to start the app, it came up blinking but didn't open completely.
    I did a luna start and then opened the MS app again, and it worked.
    Now my MS is running fine as of now. All my custom mode were gone. I created them again.
    After playing with a reset of device while on touchstone, the issue of not being able to start Mode Switcher (glowing icon on card view) came back. I'm Luna Restarting now to see if that fixes it again.

EDIT: Started fine again.
    I hope this is not too dumb of a question.

I have removed both Mode Switcher and the related patch via Preware. When I reinstall Mode Switcher and the patch, my old settings reappear. I think they are messed up b/c Mode Switcher is not working as it should.

How can I be sure all of the changes made by Mode Switcher are indeed gone? I want to start completely over to see if my issues go away. I am hoping I do not need to doctor...
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Delete your configured modes and recreate.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    I hope this is not too dumb of a question.

I have removed both Mode Switcher and the related patch via Preware. When I reinstall Mode Switcher and the patch, my old settings reappear. I think they are messed up b/c Mode Switcher is not working as it should.

How can I be sure all of the changes made by Mode Switcher are indeed gone? I want to start completely over to see if my issues go away. I am hoping I do not need to doctor...
    The settings are stored in the system preferences database, and stay there irrespective of uninstalling or reinstalling ModeSwitcher.

Once we have Save/Restore support for ModeSwitcher tested and deployed, I would suggest that the pre-remove script for ModeSwitcher actually deletes these values from the system preferences database.

Sconix, I can assist with that if you agree.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    Delete your configured modes and recreate.
    Right. I am aware of that option and have done that. Here is the deal.

After having removed MS and the patches as I already stated, and reinstalling MS/patch, I see three apps that were set to launch under my old default automatically launch without me even touching MS yet.

I would expect that I would need to set up a new default after having removed and reinstalled MS/patch. This does not seem to be the case. As a result, I am having issues with MS that I cannot seem to remove. (yes, I did restart LUNA between installs).

How do I completely eliminate the changes made by MS and the patch? Is there a file or directory in which these changes are saved or is this an edit to the underlying sys. If the later, I am guessing I will need to doctor my phone to completely remove the changes from MS. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, when I open MS after the reinstall, it does not look for the new default settings. It still retains the old settings as if I never deleted the app. Other profiles are gone (or appear to be). Can I delete the default of reset it?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The settings are stored in the system preferences database, and stay there irrespective of uninstalling or reinstalling ModeSwitcher.

Once we have Save/Restore support for ModeSwitcher tested and deployed, I would suggest that the pre-remove script for ModeSwitcher actually deletes these values from the system preferences database.

-- Rod
    Sorry, I posted again before I saw this. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Is there any way that I can manually remove them? On second thought, maybe I should just wait?
    Sorry, I posted again before I saw this. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Is there any way that I can manually remove them? On second thought, maybe I should just wait?
    You can view them with

sqlite3 /var/palm/data/preferences.db .dump

As for manually removing them, I won't give instructions here cause other people will stuff up their system preferences file by trying to do it without knowing how to properly use sqlite3.

-- Rod
    You can view them with

sqlite3 /var/palm/data/preferences.db .dump

As for manually removing them, I won't give instructions here cause other people will stuff up their system preferences file by trying to do it without knowing how to properly use sqlite3.

-- Rod
    Thank You!!!
  15.    #2575  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    Upgraded to .35 and I made a test profile to check delay app launch with simple programs (calc, clock, bat monitor). Set one program to launch with 0 delay, another with 15 sec, another with 30, and it works fine.

However, I have default mode set to launch Govnah with no delay & GPS Fix with 15 second delay (and I just added Bat Monitor at 30 second delay for a test). Govnah launch still doesn't work in any profile, and the other 2 programs launched at the same time (0 delay for all, regardless of 15 or 30 setting). This was with "on startup" set to "active mode" and "applications" set to "on startup". If I changed this to "everytime" it didn't launch any programs.

I'm not sure if this indicates a problem with the Govnah launch screwing up the delay launch of the other 2 programs, or if it's a boot time problem. I'm going to delete all my modes from MS, uninstall, reboot, then reinstall & try again with a test mode.

For Govnah, would it be possible to offer an option to either start the selected profile, or to open the card/program for user interaction? I test kernels often and like to have Govnah launch on boot just to see what the settings are. And I also like your profile retrieve/set idea as I like to set speeds/profiles under certain conditions.
    Govnah support is still broken I know. I will try to fix it for .36. And it might be the one making the other apps not to start but it can be the default mode app launching as well. Will test both. And good idea the starting of govnah not profile so will add that too.
  16.    #2576  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Sconix,

It seems that when I updated from .32 to .33/.34/.35, I was never prompted to restart luna. I though it did this before after updating. I could be mistaken.

Do you think it would be possible to have it prompt for a luna restart after every update so that it would cut down on some of the posts where folks forgot to restart luna and instead they got the flashing MS app card...?

Heck, I've been using MS for a while now and even I had one of those moments where I updated (I think it was during the .34 release) and didn't restart luna, launched MS and said, "what the heck..."

Duh! Got to restart luna.

If not, folks remember to restart luna after an MS update.
    Ah yes the MS in testing feed is missing the restart. Will add that since it is kinda needed after update
  17.    #2577  
    Adding a LunaRestart to the PostInstallFlag and PostUpdateFlag package meta-data should fix that.

Sconix, drop me a line if you need assistance with that.

-- Rod
    I can do this I just was not aware that it is not already there.
  18.    #2578  
    Quote Originally Posted by bebovalles View Post
    I had MS installed and working fine for a while. I noticed yesterday that there was an update to the Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot patch. I attempted to update but I got the dreaded "Error Updating: See IPKG Log" msg. I thought I might remove and reinstall MS but that didn't work because the patch won't update or remove. I already added the webos-internals test feed and found the most current MS version. I just can't install it since that patch is stuck... Any ideas how to get it to update?

Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.prerm 2>&1
    ERROR: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot is not a directory or does not exist!
    The launch MS on luna start patch does not have anything new so if you have old instaleld and working it should be fine.
  19.    #2579  

-- Rod
    I agree completely. And I think I should be able to do this, but might have a chat before just confirming whats the best way since I think you already know about the removing entries from system preferences.
  20.    #2580  
    Right. I am aware of that option and have done that. Here is the deal.

After having removed MS and the patches as I already stated, and reinstalling MS/patch, I see three apps that were set to launch under my old default automatically launch without me even touching MS yet.

I would expect that I would need to set up a new default after having removed and reinstalled MS/patch. This does not seem to be the case. As a result, I am having issues with MS that I cannot seem to remove. (yes, I did restart LUNA between installs).

How do I completely eliminate the changes made by MS and the patch? Is there a file or directory in which these changes are saved or is this an edit to the underlying sys. If the later, I am guessing I will need to doctor my phone to completely remove the changes from MS. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, when I open MS after the reinstall, it does not look for the new default settings. It still retains the old settings as if I never deleted the app. Other profiles are gone (or appear to be). Can I delete the default of reset it?
    Basically removing all your modes and swiping away the settings in default mode should reset the configuration. But I have seen weird things happening sometimes with system preferences so the adding of reset to MS install is a good idea. And will come hopefully soon when we have save+restore support for MS.