• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 128 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2878118123124125126127128129130131132133138 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemh008 View Post
    anyway you could put the version number in the app itself. Like at the top, like Govnah has? I always have to launch preware to get the version.
    If you Orange-Tap any application (as if you were deleting it), it will tell you its version.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I'm pleased to announce that the first public release of the live document version of the Mode Switcher Manual is now available:

Mode Switcher Manual (current to 0.9.34)
    (Mode Switcher Manual)

The site is basically a front-end for a set of google documents, and the version number is included at the top of every page. It should be very easy to maintain as Mode Switcher gains features. It is designed to work in conjunction with the Mode Switcher Wiki.

Please feel free to direct people to this post for answers to most of their non-bug-related questions.

The wiki and manual are a joint collaboration between myself and oakridgeoutdoors, so any questions, comments or concerns should be directed at either of us.
    Man, that is awesome. I wish someone would do a similar thing for Preware and Govnah and Save/Restore .... they would be in my good books forever.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    Did you restart luna or reboot after upgrading?
    yupp...I did.
    I have been having problem since .32 version. Sconix is trying to debug the issue.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    .33 was started fine for me, but .35 is not starting. Same problem as RMB, just have the glowing Mode Switcher card, but it never starts. Sending message file to Sconix.

EDIT: Nevermind it started working all of a sudden. I had already rebooted device which did not help. App was stuck at the glowing card view. I swiped the card away and tried to launch again and this time only the launcher icon glowed even after removing my finger from it. The glowing card view never opened. I performed a Lune Restart and now the app launches.
    Last edited by fareal; 07/27/2010 at 09:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    .33 was started fine for me, but .35 is not starting. Same problem as RMB, just have the glowing Mode Switcher card, but it never starts. Sending message file to Sconix.

EDIT: Nevermind it started working all of a sudden. I had already rebooted device which did not help. App was stuck at the glowing card view. I swiped the card away and tried to launch again and this time only the launcher icon glowed even after removing my finger from it. The glowing card view never opened. I performed a Lune Restart and now the app launches.
    After reading your post, I went into jstop and killed the process for MS and tried to start the app, it came up blinking but didn't open completely.
    I did a luna start and then opened the MS app again, and it worked.
    Now my MS is running fine as of now. All my custom mode were gone. I created them again.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    this is baffling to me: i deleted ms earlier today, and when I went to re-install it ms does not show up as an option to install on my pre from preware (v1.2.6) or wosqi (v3.1.4). it doesn't show up in my preware saved package list either. i don't understand why i can't see it when others have clearly been downloading .35 since. what am i missing??? TIA
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Which feed are you trying to get it from?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    my understanding is that sconix stable custom feed is no longer in use, and in preware and wosqi i have searched all non-custom feeds but the app catalog feeds in preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    my understanding is that sconix stable custom feed is no longer in use, and in preware and wosqi i have searched all non-custom feeds but the app catalog feeds in preware.
    Yes, Sconix's custom feeds are no longer being used. MS is found in the WebOS-Internals Testing Feeds and Sconix's patches are found in the WebOS-Internals Patch Feed.

Once MS goes to a stable release it will be found in the public feeds in Preware.

For current installation instrucations, please check out the Mode Switcher Wiki .

Check out the Awesome Mode Switcher Manual too.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    i added the webos internals testing feed in preware and searched for ms using the instructions in ms wiki. amazingly, it is not listed.

i have three related sconix patches already successfully installed (initial framework, v.1.4.1-31; menu mode menu, 1.4.1-31; launch at luna boot, 1.4.1-27). when i launch the menu mode menu it still calls up the four modes i had before, but none of the choices do anything.

even if i deleted ms and couldn't find it, why doesn't it show up in my saved package list? there are others there that i have deleted and do not use...
    Last edited by dump71; 07/27/2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: another mystery
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    No way, jose. Open the WebOS Internals testing feed in your web browser and download the IPK (com.palm.org.e-lnx.wee.apps.modeswitcher_0.9.35_all.ipk) and install it with WOSQI.
    Sconix,

It seems that when I updated from .32 to .33/.34/.35, I was never prompted to restart luna. I though it did this before after updating. I could be mistaken.

Do you think it would be possible to have it prompt for a luna restart after every update so that it would cut down on some of the posts where folks forgot to restart luna and instead they got the flashing MS app card...?

Heck, I've been using MS for a while now and even I had one of those moments where I updated (I think it was during the .34 release) and didn't restart luna, launched MS and said, "what the heck..."

Duh! Got to restart luna.

If not, folks remember to restart luna after an MS update.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    RMB and I had restarted Luna and even restarted entire device but still had no luck starting the app.
    i added the webos internals testing feed in preware and searched for ms using the instructions in ms wiki. amazingly, it is not listed.
    You refreshed the feeds after adding the testing feed?

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    yes, i did--it does prompt us idiots--but i tried it again just now anyway. it does not show up.
    No way, jose. Open the WebOS Internals testing feed in your web browser and download the IPK (com.palm.org.e-lnx.wee.apps.modeswitcher_0.9.35_all.ipk) and install it with WOSQI.
    More than one way to skin a cat...

The preferred method for installing MS is through Preware currently, because at last check WOSQI doesn't check for dependencies (ie. Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot patch). It just makes things easier for installation instead of having to do each piece by itself in WOSQI.

WOSQI is webOS gem made by a great dev. No knocks against it. I use it all the time for many things.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    is the site down right now, cause i'm not getting through. using this address, [url=http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all[[/url], i get this:

Unable to connect
    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at ipkg.preware.org:8080

Edit: coping & pasting from the the ms wiki appears not to work. directly entering the address, i can see ms choices finally! i am going to try to install the ipk.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    after you get that error, backspace the :8080 and hit Enter

EDIT: or just add / to the end of your original url
    yes, i did--it does prompt us idiots--but i tried it again just now anyway. it does not show up.
    That's right it does prompt you...I've missed it before.
    Have to cover all the bases.

I just uninstalled MS, deleted testing feed in Preware, restarted luna, added testing feed back to Preware, installed MS.

When browsing to the testing feed through a browser, I see MS listed, not sure why your not seeing it in Preware. Sorry man.

If you do that, you will not install the dependencies that Mode Switcher requires to operate correctly. WOSQI unfortunately does not honour dependencies, and will cause problems if people try and use it for complex interdependent packages like Mode Switcher.

Anyone having problems with Preware feeds should post a screenshot of the Manage Feeds page.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals