• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 127 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2777117122123124125126127128129130131132137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 3326
  1.    #2521  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Sconix, I know this is off topic but why don't you use an avatar? It would make it easier to distinguish your posts from the others.
    I am lazy setting this kind of things Maybe at some point...
  2.    #2522  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    For me, in .33 the application launch delay times are not working. I want to stagger some application launches, so they don't all try launching at the same time, yet the ones I set a 15 second delay for launch immediately.

Also, maybe I missed it, but will modifier modes modify default mode? Or only custom modes? I'm trying to set one profile for Touchstone, to set a predetermined Govnah profile, then have modifier modes for day or night to alter other settings & have the night launch alarm clock app, etc. Last night my "night alarm clock" modifier mode didn't launch at all. I do have overlapping triggers, so Touchstone mode launches anytime on the Touchstone, then "alarm clock" mode launches with 2 triggers (Touchstone & time of day). Sorta trying to do my own conditional check for the mod mode launch...
    At least for me if I add for example clock and calculator with 15 seconds delay it takes 15 seconds before they start. So can you try with couple basic apps or are you sure you have understand the delay correctly. So if multiple apps have the 15 sec delay they start at the same time, 15 seconds from the moment when you see the done switching mode banner.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Add to Launcher does no seem to work.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  4.    #2524  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Add to Launcher does no seem to work.
    Are you mind reader or something, I just fixed that 5 seconds ago So it is fixed in .35 release.
  5.    #2525  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suava View Post
    I don't think the "After Timer" function is working as described (it's doing the "By Selection" behavior instead). Using the updates that were pushed this morning. See screenshots...

Also any applications set to launch "on mode close" for non-default modes are launching on mode start instead.
    Are you sure about the on mode close. Since it works for me. I created a mode and added calculator for it and set it to launch on mode close and when I start the mode nothing happens but when I close it the app starts. So can you please test this more and try to get me some instructions how to replicate since at least with the above steps it does not happen.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    All Unique
    Time: Weekdays, 0700 to 1800
    Wi-Fi Network: Connected to, [office-wireless], no delay.

Wi-fi is on and I am connected to the correct router. It was working with these same settings in 0.9.33 this morning. I updated it from here at work.
    Update and additional information:

After leaving work and losing the wi-fi signal, MS did not close Work mode. About 20-25 minutes later, I changed the end time to 1730 so it would happen before I got home, and at 1730 Work mode closed on it's own, like it should, and MS went to Default mode.

MS did not start "Home" mode when I got home.

Home mode triggers:
    One trigger, No blocking
    GPS: 100 meters
    Wi-Fi: Connected to, [home wireless], No delay

I created a "Test" mode, which only uses a time trigger and just changes the wallpaper.

All Unique, No Blocking
    Time of Day: Every Day, 1810 to 1815

At 1810 I got the pop-up notification for Test mode but it didn't switch. I realized I had left it set to "By selection" instead of "After timer", so I changed that and the times to 1815-1820. At 1815, it started Test mode automatically, and at 1820 it closed correctly and returned to Default mode.

Next (using Test mode), I removed the time trigger and added a Wi-Fi trigger for my home network, with the same settings as Home mode. MS did not switch to Test mode when I closed it, or when I turned off wi-fi and turned it back on. I also tried a GPS trigger, then a Wi-Fi trigger with just "Connected, No Delay" set, both with the same results.

Using the same pattern, the Touchstone, USB, and wall-charger triggers worked.

Hope that helps!
  7.    #2527  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    Update and additional information:

After leaving work and losing the wi-fi signal, MS did not close Work mode. About 20-25 minutes later, I changed the end time to 1730 so it would happen before I got home, and at 1730 Work mode closed on it's own, like it should, and MS went to Default mode.

MS did not start "Home" mode when I got home.

Home mode triggers:
    One trigger, No blocking
    GPS: 100 meters
    Wi-Fi: Connected to, [home wireless], No delay

I created a "Test" mode, which only uses a time trigger and just changes the wallpaper.

All Unique, No Blocking
    Time of Day: Every Day, 1810 to 1815

At 1810 I got the pop-up notification for Test mode but it didn't switch. I realized I had left it set to "By selection" instead of "After timer", so I changed that and the times to 1815-1820. At 1815, it started Test mode automatically, and at 1820 it closed correctly and returned to Default mode.

Next (using Test mode), I removed the time trigger and added a Wi-Fi trigger for my home network, with the same settings as Home mode. MS did not switch to Test mode when I closed it, or when I turned off wi-fi and turned it back on. I also tried a GPS trigger, then a Wi-Fi trigger with just "Connected, No Delay" set, both with the same results.

Using the same pattern, the Touchstone, USB, and wall-charger triggers worked.

Hope that helps!
    I see two problems with your setup. The GPS trigger is broken currently since I haven't had time to update t to the new trigger system. The second the wifi trigger currently has some problems which I try to fix for .35. So your tests confirm this.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I see two problems with your setup. The GPS trigger is broken currently since I haven't had time to update t to the new trigger system. The second the wifi trigger currently has some problems which I try to fix for .35.
    Ah, I see. I'll wait for .35, then.

Thanks for the good work, this is still one of the most useful add-on apps there is!
  9.    #2529  
    Argh I think 99,9% of bugs in MS have been stupid typos by me and I seem to manage do them with copy pasting too So the wifi trigger has been unworking since .34 and will be working again in .35. Any way the .35 should be out within next hour it contains small but important fixes. Tomorrow I release .36 which should contain bigger fixes like btprofile/gps trigger fixes or applications support for modify modes lets see how it goes.
    nevermind the post above answered my question. Thanks!
  11.    #2531  
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    love this app but I'm having trouble with the bluetooth trigger. I set it to headset, it works fine the first few times then it doesn't work anymore. Now after I update the app the bluetooth triggers are not there. Am I doing something wrong?
    Bluetooth profile trigger is bit broken... as I mentioned in the very previous post that tomorrow .36 release might contain fixes for that if I have the time. Which I should have...
    I'm pleased to announce that the first public release of the live document version of the Mode Switcher Manual is now available:

Mode Switcher Manual (current to 0.9.34)
    (Mode Switcher Manual)

The site is basically a front-end for a set of google documents, and the version number is included at the top of every page. It should be very easy to maintain as Mode Switcher gains features. It is designed to work in conjunction with the Mode Switcher Wiki.

Please feel free to direct people to this post for answers to most of their non-bug-related questions.

The wiki and manual are a joint collaboration between myself and oakridgeoutdoors, so any questions, comments or concerns should be directed at either of us.
    Last edited by tobias funke; 07/27/2010 at 07:11 PM.
  13.    #2533  
    I just pushed .35 release out. So should appear soon. Those who still have problems with starting MS please send me the messages log. This version includes extra debug logging which should help me to figure out the reason.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I just pushed .35 release out. So should appear soon. Those who still have problems with starting MS please send me the messages log. This version includes extra debug logging which should help me to figure out the reason.
    Got it, and it immediately switched to Home mode (after my usual post-Preware Luna restart). Looks like wi-fi triggers at least are working.
    I can confirm that MS advanced configuration options in the app list are visible.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I updated to .35 version, but for me, it wont start even now.

Log attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I updated to .35 version, but for me, it wont start even now.

Log attached.
    Did you restart luna or reboot after upgrading?
    At least for me if I add for example clock and calculator with 15 seconds delay it takes 15 seconds before they start. So can you try with couple basic apps or are you sure you have understand the delay correctly. So if multiple apps have the 15 sec delay they start at the same time, 15 seconds from the moment when you see the done switching mode banner.
    Upgraded to .35 and I made a test profile to check delay app launch with simple programs (calc, clock, bat monitor). Set one program to launch with 0 delay, another with 15 sec, another with 30, and it works fine.

However, I have default mode set to launch Govnah with no delay & GPS Fix with 15 second delay (and I just added Bat Monitor at 30 second delay for a test). Govnah launch still doesn't work in any profile, and the other 2 programs launched at the same time (0 delay for all, regardless of 15 or 30 setting). This was with "on startup" set to "active mode" and "applications" set to "on startup". If I changed this to "everytime" it didn't launch any programs.

I'm not sure if this indicates a problem with the Govnah launch screwing up the delay launch of the other 2 programs, or if it's a boot time problem. I'm going to delete all my modes from MS, uninstall, reboot, then reinstall & try again with a test mode.

For Govnah, would it be possible to offer an option to either start the selected profile, or to open the card/program for user interaction? I test kernels often and like to have Govnah launch on boot just to see what the settings are. And I also like your profile retrieve/set idea as I like to set speeds/profiles under certain conditions.
    anyway you could put the version number in the app itself. Like at the top, like Govnah has? I always have to launch preware to get the version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemh008 View Post
    anyway you could put the version number in the app itself. Like at the top, like Govnah has? I always have to launch preware to get the version.
    Just Gesture/OptionKey + tap Mode Switcher icon in the launcher and you'll see the version.