• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 125 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2575115120121122123124125126127128129130135 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 3326
  1.    #2481  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Sconix -- Would it be possible to add a hidden reset trigger (or buried in master app preferences scene -- which I realize does not currently exist) to reset configuration settings. I see that deleting MS and reinstalling as I did last night from .32 from your feed to .33 from Internals feed reinstalls great and keeps prior MS config. Personally, I think your current approach is ideal in most cases, but .33 didn't seem to properly execute my "Overnight" on touchstone settings which worked perfectly the night before with .32. Also, I can't get any of my Modifier modes (currently just time-based screen brightness modifiers) to work at all since .32 came out.

Before I report any issues to you, I'd like to 'start over' and it would be nice if we could force the 'start over' ourselves to improve our bug reporting to you and not assume that there is not a busted corrupt configuration. I realize you are adding a checker to validate configuration is OK, but this would be another feature that would help with the path to 1.0. What do you think?
    MS always overrides the configuration so going into configuration and deleting all modes will actually "reset" configuration. So thats why I haven't added support for reset. I have now added couple more checks to configuration loading that if it gets corrupted it currently wipes the whole config. For 1.0.0 I only add wiping of default mode which should be enough to reset the important parts of configuration.

There currently is some bugs in mode switching due to the .30 changes and hopefully .34 corrects all.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    MS always overrides the configuration so going into configuration and deleting all modes will actually "reset" configuration. So thats why I haven't added support for reset. I have now added couple more checks to configuration loading that if it gets corrupted it currently wipes the whole config. For 1.0.0 I only add wiping of default mode which should be enough to reset the important parts of configuration.

There currently is some bugs in mode switching due to the .30 changes and hopefully .34 corrects all.
    Earlier today I wrote Save/Restore support for system preferences in general, and Mode Switcher in particular. It's in the Save/Restore git repo but not in any release yet.

-- Rod
    My current guess is that since device is in waking up phase when MS initiates the wifi off request it gets rejected by the system service since wifi is currently starting or whatever. So I guess I have to add a delay of some sort or figure out something else since I am quite sure this is WebOS bug.
    It succeeds if the screen is on, fails if it's off. Yes, a WebOS bug. Possible workaround may be to add a screenstate trigger, to delay applying the mode until the screen is on?
  4.    #2484  
    Quote Originally Posted by t.k.beechey View Post
    It succeeds if the screen is on, fails if it's off. Yes, a WebOS bug. Possible workaround may be to add a screenstate trigger, to delay applying the mode until the screen is on?
    For next release I just try adding delay to the wifi off setting applying lets see if its enough for now. If not then I add a screenstate check/wait.

Thanks. I've never been sure if swiping to delete all modes actually reset the config (and how default mode could be reset) so this is helpful.
  6.    #2486  
    Quote Originally Posted by t.k.beechey View Post
    Does anybody know if this only effects the disabling wifi or also the enabling? Just wondering if I should delay both..

Seems that enabling work and at least the delay hack did not help Have to try something else...
    Last edited by sconix; 07/27/2010 at 08:53 AM.
    Does anybody know if this only effects the disabling wifi or also the enabling? Just wondering if I should delay both..

Seems that enabling work and at least the delay hack did not help Have to try something else...
    The enabling works reliably. Thanks for looking into this.
    Looks like it is limited to disabling wifi. Is it possible to give wifi a command to refresh the network list?

One idea for your suggestion box- maybe a way to disable individual modes.
    FYI - I just browsed to the e-lnx.org /webos/feeds/stable and the package files are all empty...

Might explain why I and others can't install it.
  10.    #2490  
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnov View Post
    FYI - I just browsed to the e-lnx.org /webos/feeds/stable and the package files are all empty...

Might explain why I and others can't install it.
    All my patches are now in Preware feed. And the app is in WebOS Internals testing feed. I will update the first post to indicated this...although it has been mentioned couple time in recent posts now.
    It looks like it is a WebOS bug. I tried having MS open the wifi program on mode start. In the wifi preferences screen, wifi is shown to be off, but webos is not clearing the wifi icon off the top bar. If I remove the program start from MS and open the wifi program manually, the wifi is shown to be on.
  12.    #2492  
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    Looks like it is limited to disabling wifi. Is it possible to give wifi a command to refresh the network list?

One idea for your suggestion box- maybe a way to disable individual modes.
    It seems that wifi disable only works when display is not locked. The screen on is not enough. Oh well will add a screen unlock listener to wifi settings for disabling wifi. I hate coding hacks but I guess I have to

What do you mean by disabling individual modes? If you mean that disabling individual modes triggers temporally then not a bad idea. I am thinking of: add option disabled to required triggers setting. And then add MS application configuration an option to disable / enable a certain mode.

EDIT: actually this goes for being my fault not WebOS bug Found the real reason and now the wifi disable should work.
    Last edited by sconix; 07/27/2010 at 01:17 PM.
    That's pretty much what I was thinking of. That way you can have modes that exist in MS, but you may not want them activating. So yeah, disable triggers on an individual mode or like MS itself has the on/off switch for being active, you could put that in individual modes with some sort of notification on the MS main screen.
    Man...all this discussion and I still can't use MS yet. I swear...SOMEDAY the update will come along that kicks my phone into action!
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Running the .33 version from Preware:

Thank you for allowing apps in your Modifier Modes. Much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I cannot get the apps to initiate when envoking the mode. They initiate fine if the mode is "normal".
  16.    #2496  
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    Running the .33 version from Preware:

Thank you for allowing apps in your Modifier Modes. Much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I cannot get the apps to initiate when envoking the mode. They initiate fine if the mode is "normal".
    Yes I accidentaly left apps enabled for modifier modes even the launch code for them is not ready. And it will not be in .34 neither. But in .35 which I release tomorrow it should be in.
    I don't think the "After Timer" function is working as described (it's doing the "By Selection" behavior instead). Using the updates that were pushed this morning. See screenshots...

Also any applications set to launch "on mode close" for non-default modes are launching on mode start instead.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18.    #2498  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suava View Post
    I don't think the "After Timer" function is working as described (it's doing the "By Selection" behavior instead). Using the updates that were pushed this morning. See screenshots...

Also any applications set to launch "on mode close" for non-default modes are launching on mode start instead.
    No its not but fixed in .34 release which is out soon. And I have completely forgot to add the check for that on mode close flag. So will add it for .35.
    Last edited by sconix; 07/27/2010 at 12:44 PM.
  19.    #2499  
    New release (.34) should be out soon. Please note that application launching is missing for modifier modes and the GPS and Bluetooth profile triggers too are still broken.

I'll try to fix these for .35 which is out at the latest tomorrow.

See other known problems below 1.0.0 entry in (+ signs should be fixed already):
    http://www.e-lnx.org/mode-switcher.html
    For me, in .33 the application launch delay times are not working. I want to stagger some application launches, so they don't all try launching at the same time, yet the ones I set a 15 second delay for launch immediately.

Also, maybe I missed it, but will modifier modes modify default mode? Or only custom modes? I'm trying to set one profile for Touchstone, to set a predetermined Govnah profile, then have modifier modes for day or night to alter other settings & have the night launch alarm clock app, etc. Last night my "night alarm clock" modifier mode didn't launch at all. I do have overlapping triggers, so Touchstone mode launches anytime on the Touchstone, then "alarm clock" mode launches with 2 triggers (Touchstone & time of day). Sorta trying to do my own conditional check for the mod mode launch...