• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 124 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2474114119120121122123124125126127128129134 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 3326
    After some trial and error, the screen has to be off and the wifi has to be disconnected from a network for it to skip turning off wifi. Under these conditions, I can replicate it each time. You have to admit, this is too weird for me to make up.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Currently from my feed, but everything will change during tomorrow. My feed will only have packages for my personal use which means that only the latest and greatest will be there and only for version that I am using. So after tomorrow my feed is only for the adventurous people and I will not provide any support for packages installed from there.

And WebOS-Internals feeds will have the same versions for 1.4.1 and 1.4.5 from tomorrow onwards than my feed. As soon as I know that something works it will go to these public feeds right away. The app will be available from WebOS-Internals testing feed until 1.0.0 is released when it goes to the stable feed. I have now direct access to update the patches and app so the delay between my feed and webos feed will be very minimal.

So everyone can start the move away from my feed after tomorrow. This should make things easier for everyone.

Due to this reason the .33 release has moved for tomorrow and it will happen in the WebOS internals testing feed only (not in my feed).
    Good stuff, glad to see it looks like you got to get together with Rod today and get that instant access!
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Just started using mode switcher, and it's great. Now that you are changing the distribution feed, could you update the first post to reflect the change and put the links we should add in order for us to make sure we get the correct feeds in Preware?

I had to "dig through" a lot of posts to find the mode switcher link... I'm so glad I did! It's great getting to work, take the Pre off the TouchStone and have mode switcher kick in the "work" profile, shutting of Bluetooth, WiFi, (which I always forget to do), resulting in much better battery life...

Thanks, again. ...and I will disable the mode switcher feed, and enable the WebOS-Internals testing feed right now!

hmmm, what's the address for the webOS-Internals testing feed again? ...oh, yeah, it's a secret.

The address for the WebOS-Internals testing feed is:
    ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all

...I hate secrets...
    I have the webOSInternals normal feed, the testing feed, and sconix's stable and testing feeds enabled and I can't find Mode Switcher or any of his testing patches anywhere. Sconix, did you remove them or something? I'm so confused!!

Never mind. I restarted the phone again and now I see them. I think I am tired.

SECOND EDIT: OK, now I know I'm tired. I see the .31 patches (presumably from the WebOSInternals feed) but cannot find Mode Switcher or any of the "Janne" testing patches.

FINAL EDIT: Everyone can ignore my ramblings. I didn't realize that I didn't have the webos-internals/testing/all feed added (I thought I did but it was the armv7 feed). I now have Mode Switcher. I still don't see any of the "Janne" patches but I am assuming that he pulled them out of the main feed already. Good night!
    Last edited by Speebs; 07/26/2010 at 09:56 PM.
    hmmm, what's the address for the webOS-Internals testing feed again? ...oh, yeah, it's a secret.

The address for the WebOS-Internals testing feed is:
    ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all

...I hate secrets...
    Hmm. Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals is pretty secretive ... it's a good thing that only Google knows about it

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_JH View Post
    I have not seen this mentioned yet so if it has I apologize. Since the update yesterday my GPS triggers no longer work. Also I have a night mode trigger which is set to happen in the evening by time and when the phone hits the touchstone. The mode will start ok, but will not close. Not sure if these are related or not.

Awesome app I love it. Keep up the great work.
    I am having the same issue with my night mode triggering but not switching off when the triggers are no longer valid. I even have another mode that should trigger 5 minutes after the night mode ends and that mode will not trigger. I have used this exact configuration on old builds for months without issue till this past update. Any thoughts?
    Here is a small Touchstone trigger bug...

I luna restart my phone while it is on the Touchstone. After it restarts it SHOULD switch to Touchstone mode but it boots into Default Mode and stays there. I have to take the phone off and place it back on.
    This is really a great app! If I may suggest an additional feature: It would be nice to have a wifi trigger that reacts even on the availability of a wireless lan with a certain SSID (e.g. a secure network the handset is not able to connect to)
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Had mode switcher running great, but phone reset sometime last night, and now mode switcher won't switch modes and will not load. (icon glows for a few seconds, then nothing. .... locked in Default mode.

Well, I had it working for one day anyway... ;-( I'll remove and re-install, when I get time, and see if it solves the problem...
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Had mode switcher running great, but phone reset sometime last night, and now mode switcher won't switch modes and will not load. (icon glows for a few seconds, then nothing. .... locked in Default mode.

Well, I had it working for one day anyway... ;-( I'll remove and re-install, when I get time, and see if it solves the problem...
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I had mode switcher runnig great, but last night the phone reset and now I can't switch modes or even load moad switcher. The icon glows for a few seconds, then, nothing.

I'll try to remove and re-install, when I get time, and see if that solves this glitch.

For the one day I had it working, it was great!
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I had mode switcher runnig great, but last night the phone reset and now I can't switch modes or even load moad switcher. The icon glows for a few seconds, then, nothing.

I'll try to remove and re-install, and see if that solves this glitch.

For the one day I had it working, it was great!

EDIT: all removing re-installing did was show the flashing app card, forever.... bummer. I wonder what I screwed up.

For an app I only had for 1 day, I really miss it already!

EDIT: all removing re-installing did was show the flashing app card, forever.... bummer. I wonder what I screwed up.

For an app I only had for 1 day, I really miss it already!
    Last edited by ToddK; 07/27/2010 at 03:43 AM.
  12.    #2472  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Here is a small Touchstone trigger bug...

I luna restart my phone while it is on the Touchstone. After it restarts it SHOULD switch to Touchstone mode but it boots into Default Mode and stays there. I have to take the phone off and place it back on.
    Yes I know that some of the triggers wont play nice when phone is started I have to work on that.
  13.    #2473  

It either means that Mode Switcher is not running on background or then some configuration has a fault that aborts MS loading. So if you could restart your phone and try to start MS and then send me your messages log I can figure out the cause (/var/log/messages).
  14.    #2474  
    Quote Originally Posted by XiBerg View Post
    This is really a great app! If I may suggest an additional feature: It would be nice to have a wifi trigger that reacts even on the availability of a wireless lan with a certain SSID (e.g. a secure network the handset is not able to connect to)
    This is not possible or of course it is, but not useful since this would mean that the wifi networks should be polled and this would eat up the battery. So only reasonable thing is to have trigger when connecting. At least I am not aware of any signals from WebOS that when wireless lans are available.
  15.    #2475  
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    After some trial and error, the screen has to be off and the wifi has to be disconnected from a network for it to skip turning off wifi. Under these conditions, I can replicate it each time. You have to admit, this is too weird for me to make up.
    Thanks for the info, but this sound a bit like WebOS problem, but will make sure and see if there is something that MS can do, but I am pretty sure that I don't have this problem in my phone. Will test anyway.
  16.    #2476  
    Todays .34 release should include the following fixes and should be out at some time during today:

- Added extra checks for configuration loading which should detect corrupted config and reset MS configuration (only in case of severe corruption).

- Triggers should now work properly on startup (meaning mode that was active on shutdown and is still valid should now stay on after phone startup).

- Fixed multiple triggers + all unique option.

- Fixed govnah support (hopefully).

- Add disconnected from option for Wi-Fi trigger (so valid when ever not connected to the given SSID).

? Added application support for modifier modes (if I have time).
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    I get this behaviour as well - I kept noticing WiFi was on when it shouldn't be, but hadn't got as far as COS777 in identifying the exact conditions.
    I was going to ask a question on why my modes aren't starting correctly but it looks like it'll be corrected in .34. So, I'll patiently wait until that hits the feeds and see if it corrects the problem I'm having. Thanks Sconix.
    Sconix -- Would it be possible to add a hidden reset trigger (or buried in master app preferences scene -- which I realize does not currently exist) to reset configuration settings. I see that deleting MS and reinstalling as I did last night from .32 from your feed to .33 from Internals feed reinstalls great and keeps prior MS config. Personally, I think your current approach is ideal in most cases, but .33 didn't seem to properly execute my "Overnight" on touchstone settings which worked perfectly the night before with .32. Also, I can't get any of my Modifier modes (currently just time-based screen brightness modifiers) to work at all since .32 came out.

Before I report any issues to you, I'd like to 'start over' and it would be nice if we could force the 'start over' ourselves to improve our bug reporting to you and not assume that there is not a busted corrupt configuration. I realize you are adding a checker to validate configuration is OK, but this would be another feature that would help with the path to 1.0. What do you think?
  20.    #2480  
    Quote Originally Posted by t.k.beechey View Post
    I get this behaviour as well - I kept noticing WiFi was on when it shouldn't be, but hadn't got as far as COS777 in identifying the exact conditions.
    My current guess is that since device is in waking up phase when MS initiates the wifi off request it gets rejected by the system service since wifi is currently starting or whatever. So I guess I have to add a delay of some sort or figure out something else since I am quite sure this is WebOS bug.