• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 123 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2373113118119120121122123124125126127128133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 3326
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    The mode switcher wont start for me. when I click on the icon, it glows and then nothing happens.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled, but still the same.

I have mode switcher 0.9.32 and launch mode switcher on luna boot 1.4.1-27 installed.
    (sprint pre webOS 1.4.1.1.)
  2.    #2442  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    The mode switcher wont start for me. when I click on the icon, it glows and then nothing happens.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled, but still the same.

I have mode switcher 0.9.32 and launch mode switcher on luna boot 1.4.1-27 installed.
    (sprint pre webOS 1.4.1.1.)
    Can you provide your messages log? (/var/log/messages)
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Can you provide your messages log? (/var/log/messages)
    The log is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  4.    #2444  
    The log is attached.
    For some reason MS thinks your configuration is up to date even it isn't. I will add some additional checks into tonight .33 release.

Just out of curiosity from what version did you update?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    For some reason MS thinks your configuration is up to date even it isn't. I will add some additional checks into tonight .33 release.

Just out of curiosity from what version did you update?
    I believe it was either from x.30 or x.31 to x.32. Sorry can't recall the exact version, but I think most probably from x.31
    I am having issues as well. Updated from .29 to .30 to .32 (note: version num did not change after .30) I had several issues including apps not launching from default set to everytime.

What I wanted to mention is that it seemed that old profile or configurations from .29 did no cleanout completely. When recreating a new one, it somehow picked up setting before I entered them. Seemed to carry over from the prev build.

Is there a fdirectory where I can verify they are deleted?

I have completely removed MS and the launch patch at this point. Sorry. I was going crazy and had to let it go. Looking for the next release.
  7.    #2447  
    I believe it was either from x.30 or x.31 to x.32. Sorry can't recall the exact version, but I think most probably from x.31
    Damn it means that I have another bug lurking around somewhere.
  8.    #2448  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    I am having issues as well. Updated from .29 to .30 to .32 (note: version num did not change after .30) I had several issues including apps not launching from default set to everytime.

What I wanted to mention is that it seemed that old profile or configurations from .29 did no cleanout completely. When recreating a new one, it somehow picked up setting before I entered them. Seemed to carry over from the prev build.

Is there a fdirectory where I can verify they are deleted?

I have completely removed MS and the launch patch at this point. Sorry. I was going crazy and had to let it go. Looking for the next release.
    Thats exactly what it looks like that for some odd reason the configuration was not saved / cleared completely. I have to see what is going on and hopefully figure out a way without setting it to reset the configuration again.
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    I'm getting a similar error when updating system menue initial framework (1.4.1-26) from preware--unsuccessful (though besides luna restart before and after the attempt, I didn't go to the same route of uninstalling/doctoring/etc).
    I still have the previous version loaded.

Thanks.

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    I had a similar issue. When I tried to update the Framework patch, it kept tripping on the Device Menu patch. So I tried to delete the device patch first but kept getting error messages. Since I was not able to delete the device patch, I could not update the Framework patch. I solved my problem by running EPR then installed all of my patches via Preware's Saved Package List. All is good again! Thank God for Preware!!! It used to take me about 45 mins to install all of my patches one by one, now it only takes 2 mins using SPL!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There has been some problem with the processing of the patches into Preware. We're looking into it.

-- Rod
    The 1.4.5 patches in Preware are now fixed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I have not seen this mentioned yet so if it has I apologize. Since the update yesterday my GPS triggers no longer work. Also I have a night mode trigger which is set to happen in the evening by time and when the phone hits the touchstone. The mode will start ok, but will not close. Not sure if these are related or not.

Awesome app I love it. Keep up the great work.
    so how do i get this on my phone? i can't find this in preware.
    Thats exactly what it looks like that for some odd reason the configuration was not saved / cleared completely. I have to see what is going on and hopefully figure out a way without setting it to reset the configuration again.
    I'm glad to know that it wasn't just that I was doing something wrong. I was just starting to understand this app. I do like all of the updates to it. I hope you can figure it out. Your app is a very useful addition to my device. Thanks for your dedication and hard work.
  14.    #2454  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    so how do i get this on my phone? i can't find this in preware.
    Currently from my feed, but everything will change during tomorrow. My feed will only have packages for my personal use which means that only the latest and greatest will be there and only for version that I am using. So after tomorrow my feed is only for the adventurous people and I will not provide any support for packages installed from there.

And WebOS-Internals feeds will have the same versions for 1.4.1 and 1.4.5 from tomorrow onwards than my feed. As soon as I know that something works it will go to these public feeds right away. The app will be available from WebOS-Internals testing feed until 1.0.0 is released when it goes to the stable feed. I have now direct access to update the patches and app so the delay between my feed and webos feed will be very minimal.

So everyone can start the move away from my feed after tomorrow. This should make things easier for everyone.

Due to this reason the .33 release has moved for tomorrow and it will happen in the WebOS internals testing feed only (not in my feed).
    Last edited by sconix; 07/26/2010 at 07:00 PM.
    thanks for letting me know -- i guess this means that i can stop opening preware every 3 or 4 min looking for .33 will start looking at 4 am tomorrow when i wake for work

lol
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    It isn't a real big deal for me, but it turns out I still have the bug where MS is not turning off WiFi when it changes modes automatically. If I switch to the mode manually, it does turn off. It gets the bluetooth and sounds, but skips WiFi for some reason.

Settings:
    Immediate start
    WiFi disabled, bluetooth disabled, all sounds to minimum

"One Trigger"
    Custom Time Trigger: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs; 3:15 pm - 5:25 pm
    Custom Time Trigger: Tues, Thurs; 7:45 pm - 10:00 pm
  17.    #2457  
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    It isn't a real big deal for me, but it turns out I still have the bug where MS is not turning off WiFi when it changes modes automatically. If I switch to the mode manually, it does turn off. It gets the bluetooth and sounds, but skips WiFi for some reason.

Settings:
    Immediate start
    WiFi disabled, bluetooth disabled, all sounds to minimum

"One Trigger"
    Custom Time Trigger: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs; 3:15 pm - 5:25 pm
    Custom Time Trigger: Tues, Thurs; 7:45 pm - 10:00 pm
    I will try to see if I can replicate this, it is just that it is very weird since the code for executing mode update on trigger is the same than on manual start. Is your phone on sleep when the automatic trigger happens or can you think anything different?
    That would be one difference. My phone is usually in my pocket when it switches, so the screen is off. I don't know if that is what you mean by sleep or not.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Just started using mode switcher, and it's great. Now that you are changing the distribution feed, could you update the first post to reflect the change and put the links we should add in order for us to make sure we get the correct feeds in Preware?

I had to "dig through" a lot of posts to find the mode switcher link... I'm so glad I did! It's great getting to work, take the Pre off the TouchStone and have mode switcher kick in the "work" profile, shutting of Bluetooth, WiFi, (which I always forget to do), resulting in much better battery life...

Thanks, again. ...and I will disable the mode switcher feed, and enable the WebOS-Internals testing feed right now!

hmmm, what's the address for the webOS-Internals testing feed again? ...oh, yeah, it's a secret.

The address for the WebOS-Internals testing feed is:
    ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all

...I hate secrets...
    Last edited by ToddK; 07/26/2010 at 08:21 PM.
  20.    #2460  
    Just to complicate things a bit I release .33 in webos internals testing feed just to get the app there. It wont contain bug fixes yet. Will put the .34 available tomorrow which should have couple fixes in.