• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 122 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2272112117118119120121122123124125126127132 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 3326
    The major difference between a "normal" mode and a "modifier" mode is a matter of inheritance.

Normal modes: inherit any undefined setting from the Default Mode and will return to the Default Mode upon closing (unless otherwise defined in the Apps setting).

Modifier modes: inherit any undefined setting from the currently active Normal mode and will return to the currently active Normal mode upon closing.

At least that is my understanding of it.
    sconix
    you just keep adding subtle changes that mean everything when trying to customize modes newest example that i have found is the charger trigger -- the added ability to trigger a mode when the phone is off of a chrager is something that i needed but did not know it untill you put it in front of me

you are awsome -- keep it up -- i will be donating again come payday

thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    sconix
    you just keep adding subtle changes that mean everything when trying to customize modes newest example that i have found is the charger trigger -- the added ability to trigger a mode when the phone is off of a chrager is something that i needed but did not know it untill you put it in front of me

you are awsome -- keep it up -- i will be donating again come payday

thanks
    I would like a "NOT" trigger option like Mesdiff example off the charger trigger.
    I also have to say that I really enjoy the way the Previous mode is called in the Apps.

Between this and modifier modes, there is a great amount of control that we did not have previously over the way modes are chained and stacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes the screen off feature has problems specially when used in default mode. I will address this quite soon. For me it works if I set it in some other than default mode. But will try to fix this issue soon.

Thanks, nice that people like it.
    Great, I'm glad it is not something I am doing or not doing!

If I use screen off in another mode, can I set MS to always boot into that mode or do I still need to manually switch to that mode?

P.S. I think this must be the most active thread in PreCentral! Yes, people do LOVE this app!
    sconix,
    this just keeps getting better and better...

possible bug:
    again with the voice roaming thing
    the device menu changes the voice roaming mode from 'auto' or 'home' to 'roam only' as it should. however, this function in settings on MS does not switch the roam settings for me.

awesome app keeps getting awesomer

what is silent switch trigger?
    Last edited by everette13; 07/26/2010 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    No, but MS has govnah support. Just add govnah to the list of started applications and you will see a settings for profile to be loaded on mode start and profile to be loaded on mode close I haven't test if it works though so please report if it does not. At least it fetches the profile information from govnah properly.
    Updated to the v0.9.32 of MS today and it does pull the profile information correctly from Govnah v0.6.1 but it doesn't start the program, nor will it load any profile I select.

I tried uninstalling & reinstalling Govnah, changing/creating new simple profile names, starting MS with Govnah already running, changing MS profiles, etc., nothing worked. MS will close Govnah if you already have it running, then end the mode that was supposed to have started Govnah.

Thanks for all the hard work though, as the program is great!
  8.    #2428  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Bug:

I use multiple WiFi triggers for my "Home" mode because I activate it in more than one location. It is set to "All Unique".

As of 0.9.30+ this will only activate if I only have one Wifi trigger, or change it to "only one trigger required". Otherwise if I have all the different WiFi triggers and "All Unique" it will not activate the mode.

I don't know if this is affecting other triggers that are also used the same way (like multiple time triggers for one mode) but my understanding is that "All Unique" means "one trigger of each type must be unique" but it is no longer functioning this way.
    I will fix this for todays release.
  9.    #2429  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    +1

Having a modifier modes to launch apps over the top of a main modes would be great. One way I'd use modifier modes would be to launch Preware and some news sites etc... during the lunch hour, etc... while still maintaining the settings set by the main modes.
    Modifier modes will have app launching support in todays release and most likely even full support meaning that even closing of modes when modifier mode closes is possible.
  10.    #2430  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    The major difference between a "normal" mode and a "modifier" mode is a matter of inheritance.

Normal modes: inherit any undefined setting from the Default Mode and will return to the Default Mode upon closing (unless otherwise defined in the Apps setting).

Modifier modes: inherit any undefined setting from the currently active Normal mode and will return to the currently active Normal mode upon closing.

At least that is my understanding of it.
    Also to remember that modifier mode can stay on even the normal mode switches. So they are not in any way dependent on the normal mode switching. And that there can be multiple modifier modes active but only one normal mode.
  11.    #2431  
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg View Post
    I would like a "NOT" trigger option like Mesdiff example off the charger trigger.
    I plan to add this for the triggers that need this. Charger trigger should not need since if you want NOT touchstone for example you just add multiple charger trigger except the one you want. But for example time and wifi I think would need this. And at least wifi will have disconnected from (tonight release) option which means that when ever you are connected to some other than the set ssid.
  12.    #2432  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Great, I'm glad it is not something I am doing or not doing!

If I use screen off in another mode, can I set MS to always boot into that mode or do I still need to manually switch to that mode?

P.S. I think this must be the most active thread in PreCentral! Yes, people do LOVE this app!
    You can set it to boot to another mode automatically. Just add MS to the started apps of default mode and ask it to start what ever mode you want
  13.    #2433  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    sconix,
    this just keeps getting better and better...

possible bug:
    again with the voice roaming thing
    the device menu changes the voice roaming mode from 'auto' or 'home' to 'roam only' as it should. however, this function in settings on MS does not switch the roam settings for me.

awesome app keeps getting awesomer

what is silent switch trigger?
    Yes voice roaming is not working haven't had time to look into that, will try to look today. Silent switch trigger would trigger mode when you switch the silent (ringer) switch in the phone. Not sure if this is possible, but I think. This way you could extend the "silent" switch with other settings than just ringer sound.
  14.    #2434  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    Updated to the v0.9.32 of MS today and it does pull the profile information correctly from Govnah v0.6.1 but it doesn't start the program, nor will it load any profile I select.

I tried uninstalling & reinstalling Govnah, changing/creating new simple profile names, starting MS with Govnah already running, changing MS profiles, etc., nothing worked. MS will close Govnah if you already have it running, then end the mode that was supposed to have started Govnah.

Thanks for all the hard work though, as the program is great!
    Thanks, will try to fix this for tonight release. I realized this actually yesterday that MS currently closes govnah when it is in started apps list which is something not wanted
  15.    #2435  
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Sconix,

I am having problems loading Mode Menu and the rest of the top bar apps. For a while Mode Menu did not list any modes at all. So I uninstalled Mode Switcher and reinstalled. Now the top bar patches fail when attempting install. So I doctored the Verizon Pre+ - same problem. I do not have any other patches installed at this time. These patches do not load: Transparent Full Width App Menu, Today Menu for Top Bar, Mode Menu for Top Bar, Device Menu System Menus, and Add Support for System Menus. The failure message I get is:

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.postinst 2>&1'

Thanks for any suggestion.
    You are most likely trying to install wrong versions. See the patches thread for explanation.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...13#post2575013
    sconix
    i think you are aware of this bug but i am going to report it anyway -- night mode for me has 2 triggers and is set to all unique
    1) Touchstone
    2) time peramater
    a) sun - thur 9pm to 5am
    b) fri - sat 9pm to 7am

does not switch

thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  17.    #2437  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    sconix
    i think you are aware of this bug but i am going to report it anyway -- night mode for me has 2 triggers and is set to all unique
    1) Touchstone
    2) time peramater
    a) sun - thur 9pm to 5am
    b) fri - sat 9pm to 7am

does not switch

thanks
    Yes, this is fixed in next release which happens tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Sconix,

I am having problems loading Mode Menu and the rest of the top bar apps.
    I'm getting a similar error when updating system menue initial framework (1.4.1-26) from preware--unsuccessful (though besides luna restart before and after the attempt, I didn't go to the same route of uninstalling/doctoring/etc).
    I still have the previous version loaded.

Thanks.

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
  19.    #2439  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    I'm getting a similar error when updating system menue initial framework (1.4.1-26) from preware--unsuccessful (though besides luna restart before and after the attempt, I didn't go to the same route of uninstalling/doctoring/etc).
    I still have the previous version loaded.

Thanks.

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Seems to be quite common problem. I assume that you uninstalled mode/today/device menu patch first before trying to update initial framework. If yes then some other patch has modified that file so that the patch wont unapply cleanly anymore.
    There has been some problem with the processing of the patches into Preware. We're looking into it.

-- Rod