View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 121 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 3326
  1. #2401  
    Yes, fire and forget is the exact functionality I would be looking for in a modifier mode used solely to launch apps.

    I would use a Main mode for something like Night mode that keeps timepiece running, and then use a modifier to launch apps on top that I want to wake up to, etc.
  2. #2402  
    I would love a Fire and forget mode just to open apps.

    Also, when I have MS in the "list of apps to open," what mode will open if I set the Action to Start Mode? The only option I see in the Mode list is Previous Mode.
    My goal for this mode when I place it on the Touchstone is to pop-up and ring and remind me to brush my teeth, then give me the option to switch to that mode, and then the mode automatically switches to Touchstone mode.
  3.    #2403  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I would love a Fire and forget mode just to open apps.

    Also, when I have MS in the "list of apps to open," what mode will open if I set the Action to Start Mode? The only option I see in the Mode list is Previous Mode.
    There seems to be a bug. You need to go away and come back to the mode configuration to see the list of modes. The previous mode will open the previous none default mode. Will fix this bug for next release with the jumping of settings/trigger list with some options.
  4. #2404  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    There seems to be a bug. You need to go away and come back to the mode configuration to see the list of modes. The previous mode will open the previous none default mode. Will fix this bug for next release with the jumping of settings/trigger list with some options.
    ooooohh that makes sense because I haven't closed Mode Switcher yet or enabled Mode Switcher because I've been inputting my modes.
  5.    #2405  
    Ok so .32 release is available soon then I am off to bed. Changes:

    - Removed the annoying jumping of settings/triggers list when setting certain options.
    - Added connected/disconnected/connected to state to WiFi trigger.
    - Added refresh for the modes list for MS app configuration.
    - Made it so that current mode cannot be selected for start mode for MS app configuration.

    PLEASE reconfigure your wireless triggers!
  6. #2406  
    For the MS advanced configuration in the app list, I thought the Trigger Mode functionality was to switch to ANY mode whose triggers allowed it to. Could you implement this?
  7.    #2407  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    For the MS advanced configuration in the app list, I thought the Trigger Mode functionality was to switch to ANY mode whose triggers allowed it to. Could you implement this?
    It will change to the mode you set if its triggers allow or if you set it to current mode then if its triggers are not valid it will be closed.

    I could add to any mode but then how would it determine to which? Should it check any other than current mode that has valid triggers and then if more than one use popup or otherwise start as configured. Then what about modifier modes all started that are valid.

    All is possible, but then I would like to hear a use case for that scenario
  8. #2408  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It will change to the mode you set if its triggers allow or if you set it to current mode then if its triggers are not valid it will be closed.

    I could add to any mode but then how would it determine to which? Should it check any other than current mode that has valid triggers and then if more than one use popup or otherwise start as configured. Then what about modifier modes all started that are valid.

    All is possible, but then I would like to hear a use case for that scenario
    Woah, that is a lot to think about. Maybe we should wait and see what other users think of this.
  9.    #2409  
    New bug fix / small feature release (.32) out. Now I rest for the night and I still have tomorrow for fixing bugs and then off to holiday. So please report any problems you find.

    And please remember to reconfigure Wi-Fi triggers with this release.

    Hopefully I have again earned the right to advertise that those new users that like this app please feel free to donate. I am doing this for fun, but MS has taken lots (I mean lots) of my free time and not to forget that I am jobless after this month so even the small donations are appreciated. The donation link can be found from the first post of this thread.

    Or what is more valuable is to "donate" your time by creating documentation, new triggers or special support for certain applications (these are separate extensions for MS and does not need much coding) etc.. And of course huge thanks to those that has already donated somehow.
    Last edited by sconix; 07/25/2010 at 07:37 PM.
  10. #2410  
    I'm a pretty poor person ATM so I plan on getting started on the documentation tonight as my way of saying thanks. :-)
  11. #2411  
    Sconix,

    I am having problems loading Mode Menu and the rest of the top bar apps. For a while Mode Menu did not list any modes at all. So I uninstalled Mode Switcher and reinstalled. Now the top bar patches fail when attempting install. So I doctored the Verizon Pre+ - same problem. I do not have any other patches installed at this time. These patches do not load: Transparent Full Width App Menu, Today Menu for Top Bar, Mode Menu for Top Bar, Device Menu System Menus, and Add Support for System Menus. The failure message I get is:

    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus.postinst 2>&1'

    Thanks for any suggestion.
  12. #2412  
    ok I guess I am on stupid pills today why can I not find where to down load this??
  13. #2413  
    Quote Originally Posted by sirtronics View Post
    ok I guess I am on stupid pills today why can I not find where to down load this??
    From the first post in the thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    To get your hands on the beta release add a new feed to the Preware by selecting manage feeds from app menu and add new feed with following info: Name: (what ever you want to call this feed), URL: 'http://wee.e-lnx.org/webos/feeds/stable' (without the ''), Compressed: Yes.
  14. #2414  
    See the OP for the feed information that needs to be added to Preware.
    You can check out the wiki for install instructions (via Preware) as well.

    Mode Switcher Wiki
  15. #2415  
    Bug:

    I use multiple WiFi triggers for my "Home" mode because I activate it in more than one location. It is set to "All Unique".

    As of 0.9.30+ this will only activate if I only have one Wifi trigger, or change it to "only one trigger required". Otherwise if I have all the different WiFi triggers and "All Unique" it will not activate the mode.

    I don't know if this is affecting other triggers that are also used the same way (like multiple time triggers for one mode) but my understanding is that "All Unique" means "one trigger of each type must be unique" but it is no longer functioning this way.
  16. #2416  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Yes, fire and forget is the exact functionality I would be looking for in a modifier mode used solely to launch apps.

    I would use a Main mode for something like Night mode that keeps timepiece running, and then use a modifier to launch apps on top that I want to wake up to, etc.
    +1

    Having a modifier modes to launch apps over the top of a main modes would be great. One way I'd use modifier modes would be to launch Preware and some news sites etc... during the lunch hour, etc... while still maintaining the settings set by the main modes.
  17. #2417  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Bug:

    I use multiple WiFi triggers for my "Home" mode because I activate it in more than one location. It is set to "All Unique".

    As of 0.9.30+ this will only activate if I only have one Wifi trigger, or change it to "only one trigger required". Otherwise if I have all the different WiFi triggers and "All Unique" it will not activate the mode.

    I don't know if this is affecting other triggers that are also used the same way (like multiple time triggers for one mode) but my understanding is that "All Unique" means "one trigger of each type must be unique" but it is no longer functioning this way.
    I'm pretty sure that you want "one trigger". I believe "All Unique" requires that each trigger has to be true. When you have multiple WiFi triggers and All Unique, your phone has to be connected to all of them for the mode to activate in the eyes of MS (not possible since you can only connect to one wifi). From what you describe, it may have not been working correctly previously but now it is.
  18. #2418  
    No, you are incorrect, as I have had this discussion with sconix before.

    I originally thought like you did, that "All Unique" would require every listed trigger to be true, but sconix explained to me that it means one trigger of each type must be unique.

    If you think about it, it offers much more functionality this way:

    Say you have a mode that you want triggered between a certain time, and when you are charging the phone through USB and touchstone. So you create triggers for time, and a trigger each for USB and touchstone.

    With "One Trigger" set, either the time OR the touchstone OR the USB could trigger the mode, defeating the purpose of using them in combination.

    With "All Unique" set, the time trigger will be required in conjunction with either USB or touchstone.

    If it worked as you suggested, (and as it is working now), there is no way to create multiple triggers of one type that could work in conjunction with other trigger types. You would be forced to create two separate modes to do the same thing you could do in one (in this example you would need a Time/Touchstone mode and a Time/USB mode that both did the same thing).

    It sounds complicated, but it is not really. I think the way it is labeled is just slightly confusing, and this is one of the things I have tried to explain effectively in the manual, which we are working on updating to match the current MS version.
  19. #2419  
    Guess that makes sense. Guess I'll shut up now.
  20. #2420  
    to jump in the middle of the modifier mode as i was setting up my custom modes the only thing i could think of to use a modifier for was a low battery mode to shut down a lot of precess and dim the screen etc to save battery -- i had to set it to block normal modes to get it to work so how it this different then a normal mode?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions