• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 120 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123124125130 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 3326
  1.    #2381  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Bug in .31 still:

Default Mode has brightness at 35%, Home is 4%.

Loading Default Mode will not change brightness, but loading Home mode will apply the brightness setting.
    I will look into this. At least for me default mode changed brightness, but did not had another mode setting it to anything else so will have to test.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Is it possible to include Govnah profiles in the settings?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Your changes are great. I really appreciate having the "Modifier" mode capability.

I was curious: Is there a reason why Modes in Modifier status cannot initiate apps? I was kind of hoping to use a mode as a macro to bring up a suite of apps.
  4.    #2384  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Is it possible to include Govnah profiles in the settings?
    No, but MS has govnah support. Just add govnah to the list of started applications and you will see a settings for profile to be loaded on mode start and profile to be loaded on mode close I haven't test if it works though so please report if it does not. At least it fetches the profile information from govnah properly.
  5.    #2385  
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    Your changes are great. I really appreciate having the "Modifier" mode capability.

I was curious: Is there a reason why Modes in Modifier status cannot initiate apps? I was kind of hoping to use a mode as a macro to bring up a suite of apps.
    Thanks, and I left out apps for simplicity. At least for now. Not sure if I could come up with a code that can easily manage apps when multiple modes are active. Since currently the logic is dead simple the MS does not even know which modes are activated compared to last state it just updates the settings according to generated settings from active modes. For app support MS would need to know exact modes that are activated and when (multiple modifier modes can be actived at the same time so it makes this even harder) since the actions for closing apps on mode start/close needs to know what mode was closed. With normal modes this is simple since there is only one mode changing at a time and that I can track easily.

Currently I don't see need for apps in modifier modes. If you want just to launch punch of apps you can make a mode that only starts apps and then close or switches to another mode automatically by adding MS to the started apps list. Using MS app in started apps list gives quite powerful use cases I think since with that you can set it to activate previous mode or what mode when the mode closes or starts. It is now even possible to request triggering of a mode (start mode only if its triggers are valid). Currently there is one "bug" that you should be aware that when adding MS app to the list of started apps and if you set it to start the same mode that it is added there is a possibility of endless loop I will need to add a check for this and prevent adding the current mode...
    Last edited by sconix; 07/25/2010 at 05:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Of course you could install with WOSQI or giving the url directly to the patches. But was there a reason why you want the 1.4.5 version of menu patches. You can install all from testing feed now since I updated the mode menu patch for 1.4.1 also.
    The reason why I'd like to install the v1.4.5 menu patches on my v1.4.1.1 firmware phone is because those patches are the best top bar patches.
  7.    #2387  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    The reason why I'd like to install the v1.4.5 menu patches on my v1.4.1.1 firmware phone is because those patches are the best top bar patches.
    The 1.4.1 version in my testing feed should have the same functionality besides the device menu patch is missing couple bug fixes. I would have liked to update all the 1.4.1 patches, but just don't have time now. Hopefully the 1.4.5 release is close for everyone.
    The 1.4.1 version in my testing feed should have the same functionality besides the device menu patch is missing couple bug fixes. I would have liked to update all the 1.4.1 patches, but just don't have time now. Hopefully the 1.4.5 release is close for everyone.
    I'm going to install the framework, device menu, mode menu, and today menu patches from your testing feed. I'm hoping 1.4.5 is released today since it is the one year birthday of WebOSQuickInstall and fileCoaster
    The Voice Roaming setting gets accurate info web it polls during setup, but during mode activation the settings are not applied.

I am still trying to narrow down the problem with brightness.

My bluetooth stereo headset also fails to trigger most of the time.
  10.    #2390  
    The Voice Roaming setting gets accurate info web it polls during setup, but during mode activation the settings are not applied.

I am still trying to narrow down the problem with brightness.

My bluetooth stereo headset also fails to trigger most of the time.
    I haven't even tested the BT profile trigger myself I will at some point to see if there is still some bug. It could have been anyway caused by my changes. The voice roaming setting is known to not work I will have to see why.

As a side note I added a poll for next trigger lets see what people would like to have since I think that I will add one new trigger before 1.0.0. Not sure if all of those options are doable, but would like to try
    I've edited the default mode to include turning off the screen while charging. However, it no longer works after a reboot. I have to open MS, click edit settings, then close MS so that it "reloads" the default mode settings. Then it will turn off the screen upon charging. How can I get it to work all of the time without me having to manually open/close MS upon rebooting?

This app rocks! Thanks Sconix.
  12.    #2392  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I've edited the default mode to include turning off the screen while charging. However, it no longer works after a reboot. I have to open MS, click edit settings, then close MS so that it "reloads" the default mode settings. Then it will turn off the screen upon charging. How can I get it to work all of the time without me having to manually open/close MS upon rebooting?

This app rocks! Thanks Sconix.
    Yes the screen off feature has problems specially when used in default mode. I will address this quite soon. For me it works if I set it in some other than default mode. But will try to fix this issue soon.

Thanks, nice that people like it.
    One thing I have noticed is that if I am setting a trigger such as time of day, as soon as I tap the number I want, the view jumps up to a different part of the page. I have to scroll back down to the trigger I am setting.

One idea for the wifi trigger- would it be possible to have a trigger activated by either being connected to any network or not connected to any network? For me, a car mode would work best by being triggered by the TS in my car and not being connected to wifi.

I can't really think of how I would use it right now, but what about mobile hot spot settings for us Verizon users?
  14.    #2394  
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    One thing I have noticed is that if I am setting a trigger such as time of day, as soon as I tap the number I want, the view jumps up to a different part of the page. I have to scroll back down to the trigger I am setting.

One idea for the wifi trigger- would it be possible to have a trigger activated by either being connected to any network or not connected to any network? For me, a car mode would work best by being triggered by the TS in my car and not being connected to wifi.

I can't really think of how I would use it right now, but what about mobile hot spot settings for us Verizon users?
    I am aware of the jumping just haven't been able to stop it Good ideas for wifi trigger. I think I will add an option for it. Is the mobile hot spot an app, if yes and it supports launch parameters or has a some kind of interface for outside control (for example settings accessible from another app) then it would be possible.
    I don't know much about how MHS works. I'm sure there's someone who knows more than I do, but it is listed as a built in app in the device manager. Basically it opens, there's a button to turn it on and off, network name and security settings. I'm not sure about launch parameters or outside control. One thing about it is that when MHS is enabled, it disables wifi. I suspect it probably works very similarly to wifi or bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Thanks, and I left out apps for simplicity. At least for now. Not sure if I could come up with a code that can easily manage apps when multiple modes are active. Since currently the logic is dead simple the MS does not even know which modes are activated compared to last state it just updates the settings according to generated settings from active modes....
    Fair enough.

However for arguments sake, I do not see why you would need to track apps started by a modifier mode. Since a modifier mode does its thing and goes away, I would not expect it to track any initiated apps. In other words, the apps would be in a "fire and forget" mode.
  17.    #2397  
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    Fair enough.

However for arguments sake, I do not see why you would need to track apps started by a modifier mode. Since a modifier mode does its thing and goes away, I would not expect it to track any initiated apps. In other words, the apps would be in a "fire and forget" mode.
    Yes this would be possible easily and if there is really need for this I could add this support and just remove those close started apps functionality from modifier mode.
    I would use modifier modes to launch apps without changing the main mode for sure.
  19.    #2399  
    I would use modifier modes to launch apps without changing the main mode for sure.
    Would this fire and forget model work for your needs? Since if people need the similar app support as in normal modes then I will find away at some point to do it But if the fire and forget is all that is needed then its easy to add and simple, but no need to add something that I want / needs to change at some point.
    I love this app. Probably the only reason why I'm still keeping my Pre.
    --Marvin