• Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 12 of 167 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes the charger trigger wants to control things even no trigger set Fixed in tonight release. You are sure you have latest patch version? If yes then what is the patch? Since for me the screen off and mode menu is working now every time. But I am only testing the topbarmenus version of the patch so maybe some copy paste error while copying the changes to the other patches.
    I use the "topbarmodemenu" patch that just adds the left menu.
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I use the "topbarmodemenu" patch that just adds the left menu.
    OK I check that through that what error slipped in with the latest version.
    Will this ever hit Preware? Or will it take longer to push the updates ?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I think Sconix is waiting for the beta testing period to end. That way a more "finished" project hits Preware.
  5.    #225  
    Yes as the cdbillups said after the beta phase is over I will add this in Preware. Todays release should hold last of the big changes and then I can start testing and killing those last bugs and hopefully get 1.0 release out soon. Then I can add the app in Preware and start thinking new fancy features like support for configuring the modes settings through default palm preferences applications etc.
    That's good then I'll just keep having to update via usb when I get home. This morning I set up a mode to go off when I woke up to open pandora and start playing music automatically and it worked up a charm. I used it last night to close RadioTime at 1 am because I fell asleep listening to the radio and it worked good to. If this ever could hit the app catalog I'll pay whatever! My top 5 app!
    this is great, i remember this from my wm phone, it also had a gps swticher in it.. so when you got to say work, your phone would switch automatically since your were in the location of your job.. another feature i liked is it used calender events as switches for the profile.. so instead of gps if u said you had wrk from 9-5 on your calender it would switch it for you automatically.. thanks for making this! i will definitely be donating to the cause!!
  8.    #228  
    That's good then I'll just keep having to update via usb when I get home. This morning I set up a mode to go off when I woke up to open pandora and start playing music automatically and it worked up a charm. I used it last night to close RadioTime at 1 am because I fell asleep listening to the radio and it worked good to. If this ever could hit the app catalog I'll pay whatever! My top 5 app!
    So what are those 4 other apps so I know what to integrate into mine to make it number 1 Maybe I settle for 5th place, but thanks. And sadly I think that this can never hit app catalog, but donations are always appreciated even thou my motivation to do this lies elsewhere.

Just an update of the progress: New default mode system starts to be ready and the location trigger code is ready. I'll start testing soon and then make release. If the location trigger misbehaves then I will leave it to tomorrow and release the default mode update today with couple bug fixes. The location trigger is a bit hard to test which is why it has taken little longer to get it release as I thought...
  9.    #229  
    New release (0.8.1). Sorry no location trigger yet, since the new default mode handling took more time than I thought. Hopefully I can test the location trigger tomorrow and make a new release.

There is also new version of topbarmodemenu patch which should now work (display current mode correctly and the screen turn off feature should also work).

This version will remove all your mode configuration. I added an version support for the configuration so this should be last time when configuration is removed. Before updating it is also a good idea to deactivate MS.

Please note that when the default mode is created it retrieves current system settings. This can take a while so don't leave the default mode config before you have made sure that every configuration option has a proper value. Will add some kind of notification system about this at some point.

Packages in usual place:
    http://forums.precentral.net/editpos...postid=2180156

There are still at least two rare bugs that I noticed (will fix these in next release):

1) Starting of mode can get interrupted sometimes. The GPS system request seems to have some bugs in Mojo since sometimes the request return two success notifications and sometimes not even one success or failure. I need to go around this bug somehow for now, maybe it's fixed in 1.4.
    2) Retrieving of default settings for default mode / settings in custom mode can stop sometimes.

New in this release:

* New default mode mechanism (now it is no longer possible to misuse the default mode since it holds all configs now and it is no longer possible to delete the default mode).

* Ringtone and wallpaper miss configuration should be thing of past.

* Mode without triggers should not get closed now on charger trigger.

* Notification bugs fixed.
    Last edited by sconix; 02/15/2010 at 06:26 PM.
    Quick question, I haven't tested it yet. If I change my ringtone or wallpaper does the Default Mode update itself with those changes or do I need to go in and edit the Default Mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So what are those 4 other apps so I know what to integrate into mine to make it number 1 Maybe I settle for 5th place, but thanks. And sadly I think that this can never hit app catalog, but donations are always appreciated even thou my motivation to do this lies elsewhere.
    May I ask why this won't ever hit the app catalog? I honestly believe that in it's current state it is EASILY one of my top 3 apps! I've been telling folks about this but have several who are "afraid" of homebrew and won't try the app out. If this were to become an official app and you charged for it (which I would gladly pay for), I think you would see quite a few folks in line for this app.

And I'm downloading 0.8.1 as we speak!
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    This could be my top 3 most used app if there was different days and maybe a shut off phone mode.

I got an issues where I got a configured mode that I can not click to open when I click it nothing happens but if I click another mode it work.. Its been happening a few times. Even happen in the last version but didnt think it was a big deal, but now its been doing it alot.

Edit: When I add an application and go back to the 1st screen thats when I can't click into the configured mode I just created.
    Last edited by OneDeep; 02/15/2010 at 09:25 PM.
    --Marvin
    Has the compatibility issues with the other top bar patches (for example the device menu ultramix) been resolved yet?
  14.    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Quick question, I haven't tested it yet. If I change my ringtone or wallpaper does the Default Mode update itself with those changes or do I need to go in and edit the Default Mode?
    Currently you need to go to edit the default mode. I am planning a feature that what ever mode is on that mode settings are updated automatically when you edit settings through those default preferences applications.
  15.    #235  
    This could be my top 3 most used app if there was different days and maybe a shut off phone mode.

I got an issues where I got a configured mode that I can not click to open when I click it nothing happens but if I click another mode it work.. Its been happening a few times. Even happen in the last version but didnt think it was a big deal, but now its been doing it alot.

Edit: When I add an application and go back to the 1st screen thats when I can't click into the configured mode I just created.
    The different days option is coming and the phone can be already shut off (it's under connection settings).

Can you clarify the problem, so you mean that you cannot go back to editing the mode or cannot go to some specific edit page (settings etc.) or you cannot set mode on? If you mean the latter then it should not be possible to start modes when config app is open. If you mean that you cannot go back to editing the mode then I have to check what is going on.
  16.    #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldayotte View Post
    Has the compatibility issues with the other top bar patches (for example the device menu ultramix) been resolved yet?
    I haven't touched the patches if you mean that, but I think that the modemenu version of those patches should install with quite many other patches. And at least the modeswitcher version should install just fine, but wont get menu of course.

I will address the patches when the app is ready to hit the homebrew catalog. Which is when the location trigger is tested and working and no other big bugs exist. If I get the last problems fixed during this week the app should hit the catalog next week.
    I can't go back to the editing mode once I add an application in the preferences..
  18.    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldayotte View Post
    May I ask why this won't ever hit the app catalog? I honestly believe that in it's current state it is EASILY one of my top 3 apps! I've been telling folks about this but have several who are "afraid" of homebrew and won't try the app out. If this were to become an official app and you charged for it (which I would gladly pay for), I think you would see quite a few folks in line for this app.

And I'm downloading 0.8.1 as we speak!
    The reason for not to hit official catalog is Palm. Currently the app has to use some closed API's which means to operate them I have to use com.palm name space which in turn means that the app cannot go to official catalog. Of course I am testing with every new WebOS release that are those API's official that the app uses, but I am not very hopeful that they will ever be at least not all. If it happens that I only loose some functionality with going official then I might add another more limited version into the official catalog.
  19.    #239  
    I can't go back to the editing mode once I add an application in the preferences..
    OK thanks, I'll try to replicate this problem tomorrow and fix it. Now I have to get some sleep
    Alright I know you tired of me asking questions but is it possible for a mode to keep running if I deleted it???