View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 118 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1868108113114115116117118119120121122123128 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 3326
  1. #2341  
    Do you have wifi at home?

    My configuration uses my home wifi to create a "Home" mode (low brightness, data off), so when I leave my house, Default Mode is started (unless my Bluetooth activates" Driving Mode").

    With Wifi at home, you can have a Night mode that requires a wifi trigger in addition to Touchstone and Time, then have a Home mode that operates outside of that, and then use Default Mode to set the settings you would want anytime you are not home, etc.

    To me it is an opposite way of thinking because you would assume that Default Mode is the mode you would be in at home, but using it in the opposite way (by making a "Home" mode), it allows you to activate a mode just by leaving your house (and personal wifi).
  2. #2342  
    Sconix, I love the app, brother! It's awesome. One question though, and I apologize in advance if this has been asked already. Do you plan on adding support for cdma phones and being able to toggle between 1x/rtt only and evdo? It would be the equivalent to what you have for 3g vs 2g for gsm. That's really the only feature that I find to be missing from the current version that would make my experience complete.
  3.    #2343  
    Quote Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
    Sconix, I love the app, brother! It's awesome. One question though, and I apologize in advance if this has been asked already. Do you plan on adding support for cdma phones and being able to toggle between 1x/rtt only and evdo? It would be the equivalent to what you have for 3g vs 2g for gsm. That's really the only feature that I find to be missing from the current version that would make my experience complete.
    Yes, and I most likely need to do this before 1.0.0 since there are couple options that currently give problems depending on which phone / provider you have the voice roaming and network type. As far as I know these should be the only ones. And for .31 (1.0.0 rc) release I will try to address these issues.

    And as I know there might be someone polling the thread for .30 release, I should get to it within next 5 hours...
  4.    #2344  
    Finally got the orientation setting working Now I still have to test main features in my phone and then if no problems arise the release should happen in hour or two. At least everything worked in emulator, but it would not be first time if using the app in phone would reveal bug or two.

    I think I mentioned at some time that for modifier modes the order in the list would define which modes settings override which mode, but after though and fine tuning I decided to go for the order the modes are started. So if multiple modifier modes are active and they have same settings then the settings from a mode that was started later overrides the previously started modes. Only when multiple modifier modes starts at the same time then the order of in the mode list will matter. Also there was one more change for modifier modes. They can not have applications. So modifier modes are light weight modes that are mainly meant for overriding some settings for example in a battery low situation. I also did not add a any indication to the left part of the top bar for modifier modes (you have to open menu to see if any modifier modes are active). Maybe if I figure out some neat way I will add some indicator to the top bar (even indicator for no modifier modes / modifier modes would be nice). Although at least for my self my charging and battery modifier modes already have indicators in right part of top bar (charging icon/battery low icon).

    EDIT: Still fighting with two bugs so new estimate for release would be after hour or two...
    Last edited by sconix; 07/25/2010 at 11:52 AM.
  5.    #2345  
    Finally my basic test cases went through without any problems. So the new release is available within 15 minutes with new mode menu patch. You need this latest mode menu patch for it to work with .30 release!

    Remember that this version contains completely new mode executing code so it is very likely that big bugs still exists. I might release first bug fix release already later tonight. Also GPS trigger is broken for now I try to fix it for next release.

    Please see following page for known bugs before reporting:
    http://wee.e-lnx.org/mode-switcher.html

    EDIT: fixed the link , its out now..
    Last edited by sconix; 07/25/2010 at 12:54 PM.
  6. #2346  
    Sconix you miss spelled the link .html
  7. #2347  
    sconix,

    Are the patches in the /testing feed labeled 1.4.1 stable?

    I have not yet updated to 1.4.5. Can I install those with your approval or do I need to edit the patch files of the newer versions to use the correct frameworks directory?
  8.    #2348  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    sconix,

    Are the patches in the /testing feed labeled 1.4.1 stable?

    I have not yet updated to 1.4.5. Can I install those with your approval or do I need to edit the patch files of the newer versions to use the correct frameworks directory?
    Yes the 1.4.1 versions are stable although I did not update the modemenu patch for 1.4.1. I will do it now so wait a bit for new mode menu for 1.4.1. Normally I wont update my 1.4.1 patches anymore so the latest and greatest is in 1.4.5 versions but will update the mode menu patch in 1.4.1 so it works with MS.
  9. #2349  
    Yeah unfortunately 1.4.5 is still not available for Sprint (USA) customers. :-(

    Thanks a lot for understanding.
  10. #2350  
    So to try out the latest and greatest top bar patches (today & device menu) we have to be on v1.4.5 OR can we download the 1.4.1.1 versions from the /testing feed?
  11. #2351  
    just for clarity sake 9.3 is compatable with 1.4.1 ?

    also please do not completly forasake us with 1.4.1 --- i am a verizon customer which means i may have flash before i see 1.4.5 --

    thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  12.    #2352  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    So to try out the latest and greatest top bar patches (today & device menu) we have to be on v1.4.5 OR can we download the 1.4.1.1 versions from the /testing feed?
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    just for clarity sake 9.3 is compatable with 1.4.1 ?

    also please do not completly forasake us with 1.4.1 --- i am a verizon customer which means i may have flash before i see 1.4.5 --

    thanks
    The top bar patches (and MS) are available from my testing feed for 1.4.1. But they are not the latest versions they miss some bug fixes and if I remember correctly also couple features. I am in process of trying to get the mode menu patch for 1.4.1 updated so that it works with MS. I don't have 1.4.1 installation anymore so cannot test, so please report if the new mode menu patch wont work after I get it out which should be within half an hour I think.
  13.    #2353  
    Updated mode menu patch for 1.4.1 is out. Hopefully it works...
  14. #2354  
    I just installed the 1.4.5 version of the Mode Menu patch on my 1.4.1.1 Pre as a test, after looking at the patch and realizing it does not touch the frameworks directory (which is what usually changes after a minor Palm update).

    It works fine, as I thought it might.

    I haven't looked at the other patches because I am about to leave for work, but they may not work if they touch the frameworks directory.

    So to sum up: the 1.4.5 version of the Mode Menu patch works fine on 1.4.1(.1).
  15. #2355  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Finally my basic test cases went through without any problems. So the new release is available within 15 minutes with new mode menu patch. You need this latest mode menu patch for it to work with .30 release!

    Remember that this version contains completely new mode executing code so it is very likely that big bugs still exists. I might release first bug fix release already later tonight. Also GPS trigger is broken for now I try to fix it for next release.

    Please see following page for known bugs before reporting:
    http://wee.e-lnx.org/mode-switcher.html

    EDIT: fixed the link , its out now..
    Installed MS .30 release, it doesn't seem to be creating the Default mode, it says its getting the settings but it never highlights the edit default mode button? Any ideas? Thanks...

    CaliMark (Mark Reed)
  16.    #2356  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I just installed the 1.4.5 version of the Mode Menu patch on my 1.4.1.1 Pre as a test, after looking at the patch and realizing it does not touch the frameworks directory (which is what usually changes after a minor Palm update).

    It works fine, as I thought it might.

    I haven't looked at the other patches because I am about to leave for work, but they may not work if they touch the frameworks directory.

    So to sum up: the 1.4.5 version of the Mode Menu patch works fine on 1.4.1(.1).
    I think it will install too, but I am pretty sure that it removes the menu editing capability.Or hmm did I already had that in latest 1.4.1 patches. Maybe I did so it should be fine since only patch that modifies the frameworks is the framework for the menus.

    Quick look at the patches and it seems that the 1.4.1 were new enough so 1.4.1 framework + 1.4.5 menu patches should work.
  17. #2357  
    Yeah I did actually install the 1.4.1 patches last week before MS 0.9.30 was released and could edit the menus as described, even though it would not communicate with MS, so the functionality was definitely there.
  18.    #2358  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Installed MS .30 release, it doesn't seem to be creating the Default mode, it says its getting the settings but it never highlights the edit default mode button? Any ideas? Thanks...

    CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    It means that it gets stuck on some setting for some reason (i.e. theres most likely some check for undefined response data missing in my code). Can you send the messages log to me? (/var/log/messages).
  19. #2359  
    installed 9.3
    1st issue is -- i am adding my custom modes back in and the first one i am adding is "home"

    using the wifi network here it is giving me a banner asking to switch modes even though i have everything set to diabled and no other modes set up yet that could be conflicting
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  20.    #2360  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    installed 9.3
    1st issue is -- i am adding my custom modes back in and the first one i am adding is "home"

    using the wifi network here it is giving me a banner asking to switch modes even though i have everything set to diabled and no other modes set up yet that could be conflicting
    What do you mean that everything set to disabled? I did not quite get the what is wrong.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions