• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 117 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1767107112113114115116117118119120121122127 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 3326
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    Not sure if this has been discussed, but by the second or third day of using Mode Switcher, when trying to turn bluetooth on when switching to the appropriate mode, my Pre just keeps spinning the circle trying to turn on bluetooth. A reset fixes the problem. This never occurred when I used to turn bluetooth on and off manually. Thanks!
    This started happening to me as well. It may be related to the System Menu Mode Menu or Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patches. I'll try deleting those patches to see if the problem goes away.
  2.    #2322  
    Quote Originally Posted by t.k.beechey View Post
    Good to know the Mode Menu behaviour is normal. Toggling airplane mode changes the state on the device menu OK - it just doesn't let me change the individual settings. Today and Launcher menus are OK, though I don't know what you mean by device/security. Like CptOx I now no longer have an airplane mode menu item - I had to toggle this by holding the power button.
    Just gesture+tap to the device menu place and you get to select which items are shown in the menu (works for other my menus too now). Then select device or security item to be visible and try if you can access those menu items. Since only thing that prevents drawer opening is the airplane mode, but since device and security menu are not network related they can be opened even then. So if they open and the others wont then it has to be something in the airplane mode detection that causes problems.
  3.    #2323  
    Quote Originally Posted by lakaw View Post
    This started happening to me as well. It may be related to the System Menu Mode Menu or Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patches. I'll try deleting those patches to see if the problem goes away.
    At least it should not since this was happening to some people already before those patches existed and I don't see any connection between the patches and MS. The good news is that now it is happening to me too with 1.4.5 so at least now I can try to find a fix for it. Yet again not sure if this fix makes for .30 which I would like to release tonight or at the latest on Sunday. At least the bugfix release .31 will include fix for this.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    At least it should not since this was happening to some people already before those patches existed and I don't see any connection between the patches and MS. The good news is that now it is happening to me too with 1.4.5 so at least now I can try to find a fix for it. Yet again not sure if this fix makes for .30 which I would like to release tonight or at the latest on Sunday. At least the bugfix release .31 will include fix for this.
    Good to know. I'll hold off for the update then. You've done great work here.
    Just gesture+tap to the device menu place and you get to select which items are shown in the menu (works for other my menus too now). Then select device or security item to be visible and try if you can access those menu items. Since only thing that prevents drawer opening is the airplane mode, but since device and security menu are not network related they can be opened even then. So if they open and the others wont then it has to be something in the airplane mode detection that causes problems.
    The device menu had defaulted to device, security and network hidden and everything else shown. When I enabled these three I found that phone, data, wifi, bt, gps all started opening properly again.
    Great idea for gesture+tap on the menus, I like it.
    The device menu had defaulted to device, security and network hidden and everything else shown. When I enabled these three I found that phone, data, wifi, bt, gps all started opening properly again.
    Great idea for gesture+tap on the menus, I like it.
    Couple of minor issues with the new device menu. Under Phone, there's a blank entry between Turn off Phone and Phone Preferences. If I set the bottom entry to toggle WiFi, the menu shows Toggle BT - though it actually toggles WiFi as intended. The other toggles seem OK.
  7.    #2327  
    Couple of minor issues with the new device menu. Under Phone, there's a blank entry between Turn off Phone and Phone Preferences. If I set the bottom entry to toggle WiFi, the menu shows Toggle BT - though it actually toggles WiFi as intended. The other toggles seem OK.
    Thanks, I'll fix these for next release.
    Love this app, but I'm having some trouble setting it up to behave exactly the way I'd like. What combination of settings will do the following :

(night mode)
    Turn off the screen (after time x), but not require a PIN upon wake up?

(default)
    Turn off the screen (after time x), and require a PIN upon wake up?
  9.    #2329  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suava View Post
    Love this app, but I'm having some trouble setting it up to behave exactly the way I'd like. What combination of settings will do the following :

(night mode)
    Turn off the screen (after time x), but not require a PIN upon wake up?

(default)
    Turn off the screen (after time x), and require a PIN upon wake up?
    You cannot set screen lock setting with the current version. The next version that I'll release tonight or tomorrow (depends how testing goes, the code is now ready) will have the screen lock setting. So then you will be able to do the modes you described.
    I won't be able to sleep tonight! :-)
  11.    #2331  
    Just reminder that the upcoming .30 release will once again contain lots of changes so bugs are possible so if .29 (or older) does the job currently for you then don't update right away. I will try to get bug fix release (which will be release candidate for 1.0.0) out as soon as I can, but I have holiday trips coming once again so not sure when that release will be out. Please report all bugs that you find in .30 and are not already on my page (address below).

And this release will also reset the configuration. This should be the very last time for this happening. From 1.0.0 onwards the configuration stays and is updated automatically if changes in the configuration format are needed.

For changes (most likely have not remembered to add all) in next release and known bugs see:
    http://wee.e-lnx.org/mode-switcher.html
    0.9.29 Wifi bug: I have a mode that is triggered by either of two custom time of day triggers. The settings are to reduce volume, turn off bluetooth, and turn off wifi. At the specified time, it triggers and does the volume and bluetooth, but it does not turn off wifi. If I activate the mode manually, it works correctly and turns off wifi. I've tried deleting the mode and recreating it, but it hasn't fixed it.
  13.    #2333  
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    0.9.29 Wifi bug: I have a mode that is triggered by either of two custom time of day triggers. The settings are to reduce volume, turn off bluetooth, and turn off wifi. At the specified time, it triggers and does the volume and bluetooth, but it does not turn off wifi. If I activate the mode manually, it works correctly and turns off wifi. I've tried deleting the mode and recreating it, but it hasn't fixed it.
    The odd thing in that is that the mode changing is no different for triggered start than for manual start of mode. It uses the exact same code. Try if it works with .30 (when its out) if not then please report this again so I can try to figure out a reason.
    I have a question about triggers. Is it possible to have the starting and closing of modes triggered independently by different events? This is what I'd like to be able to do:
    -mode called "night" starts when pre is placed on touchstone anytime between 11pm and 5am
    -"night" remains the active mode until pre is removed from touchstone, even if that is later than 5am

In other words - the starting of the mode would be controlled by touchstone and timer triggers, but the closing of the mode would be controlled only by the touchstone trigger.

Would that ever be possible? Or is there some way to chain modes to make it work this way?
    The odd thing in that is that the mode changing is no different for triggered start than for manual start of mode. It uses the exact same code. Try if it works with .30 (when its out) if not then please report this again so I can try to figure out a reason.
    Will do.
  16.    #2336  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    I have a question about triggers. Is it possible to have the starting and closing of modes triggered independently by different events? This is what I'd like to be able to do:
    -mode called "night" starts when pre is placed on touchstone anytime between 11pm and 5am
    -"night" remains the active mode until pre is removed from touchstone, even if that is later than 5am

In other words - the starting of the mode would be controlled by touchstone and timer triggers, but the closing of the mode would be controlled only by the touchstone trigger.

Would that ever be possible? Or is there some way to chain modes to make it work this way?
    I don't understand why would you want this. Since if you want to keep the mode on as long as phone is in touchstone then why not just set the time further than until 5am. If you want that the mode would not activate after the 5am when placed on touchstone then I can see some use for that configuration.

Still you can achieve this kind of special case by creating two modes, for example, evening and night. Set the evening mode to trigger as you want (time+TS) then just set it to start MS app (add MS into apps started by the mode) and configure it to start night mode which you have set it so that it is enough that the phone stays on TS. Can't remember if the current MS app configuration item lets you do this, but at least .30 will.

The only downside of that is that when your evening mode starts it actually does, starting evening mode, then closing it (going back to default) and then starting night mode. Which means that the mode change is a bit "heavier". At some point I will most likely modify the code so that the MS app is special case etc. so that if other mode is requested then MS switches to that mode straight without first setting default mode in between.

Using the MS app in started application list should give quite many possibilities to chain modes or create advanced modes specially in .30 release.
    Yeah - It's just that my morning schedule and work schedule can vary considerably from day to day by several hours. Some days I'm not moving before 9am and some days I'm in the car by 7am with my phone on the touchstone and I don't want it going to night mode.

I'll try working with the chaining idea that you suggested. I had tried using several touchstone triggered modes and just selecting them manually. All of that seems just a little cumbersome. I was hoping for a solution that would be simpler from the user side of things - recognizing, of course, that it could be enormously more complicated on the developer side.
  18.    #2338  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    Yeah - It's just that my morning schedule and work schedule can vary considerably from day to day by several hours. Some days I'm not moving before 9am and some days I'm in the car by 7am with my phone on the touchstone and I don't want it going to night mode.

I'll try working with the chaining idea that you suggested. I had tried using several touchstone triggered modes and just selecting them manually. All of that seems just a little cumbersome. I was hoping for a solution that would be simpler from the user side of things - recognizing, of course, that it could be enormously more complicated on the developer side.
    There is couple options that I am considering just haven't decided which is the best. One option would be to follow the setting of how mode is started even when there is multiple modes that match the trigger. Currently the popup is always shown in this situation. But I have started to think that user actually should know if this is possible (two modes matching same time) so the user could then configure the popup to be shown. Otherwise if he wants certain mode to start in this situation he just would place that mode higher in the list with immediate start. This way even if your night and car mode would both match the trigger the car mode would get preference without popup.

Of course this only would help situations where there is two modes competing with each other. Currently I force the popup just that user realizes that there are two modes matching the trigger so MS does not need to "guess" what user wants.

But maybe you can use the same that I am going to (possible with .30 release). The orientation option for TS charger trigger. I would use horizontal placement on my night desk and vertical in car.
    I forgot about the pending orientation option. That may just solve the whole thing in this particular case.
  20.    #2340  
    Sorry no release for tonight. The orientation option in charger trigger is giving me some problems for reasons I cannot think this tired. So will fix this tomorrow afternoon and do a release then. So far the new modifier mode thing is working beautifully Even I could not fix the orientation option then I just leave it away for next release since I will in any case do a release tomorrow, but will still try to give it a one more go when I have rest properly.