View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 116 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1666106111112113114115116117118119120121126166 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 3326
  1. #2301  
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeder View Post
    I have tried to install this several times.
    And every time I get it installed using webos quick install the application just starts up and stays in start up mode. Flashing around the center icon and just stays there.
    I apologize in advance for not reading the 115 pages of posts it this has already been answered.
    I have even erased everything and used webos doctor to start fresh. But still get the same thing. I have installed everything in the stable folder.
    Instal from Preware, wosqi does not support dependicies, that is what I suspect is going wrong.
  2. Deeder's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #2302  
    Stupid question how do you install it?
  3.    #2303  
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeder View Post
    Stupid question how do you install it?
    You can use WOSQI but then you need to install the start MS. On luna boot patch manually too. Otherwise MS. Won't start. Using preware the patch get installed automatically. See the beta feed info in first post if want to use preware.
  4.    #2304  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I personally have no plans to update to 1.4.5 until I'm positive everything I use will work afterwards.

    Out of curiosity, what did you change in the app launcher patch feature-wise? Hard to imagine it getting better.
    I added couple features for those that don't like ti display page names like me. Now it's posible to use the jump to page even without page names showing. Just double tap to the empty space on the launcher and you will get jump menu and gesture+tap to empty space will show page edit menu.
  5. Deeder's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #2305  
    Great guys, I was missing that a patch needed to be installed using Preware.
    “Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot” in the Patches.
    Everything else I installed using webos installed.
    It seems to be working now thanks.
  6. Deeder's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #2306  
    Spoke to soon, can seem to turn the mode on?
  7.    #2307  
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeder View Post
    Spoke to soon, can seem to turn the mode on?
    You have activated mode switcher? And if you haven't noticed there is a manual in the first post that should help new comers to get started.
  8. #2308  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I added couple features for those that don't like ti display page names like me. Now it's posible to use the jump to page even without page names showing. Just double tap to the empty space on the launcher and you will get jump menu and gesture+tap to empty space will show page edit menu.
    that's awesome. I also don't like page names but would use this new feature.
  9. #2309  
    sconix I know you said things will change hence the reason for holding off on writing the save restore script. My question is I want to do a save restore nightly I know mode switcher can be setup to run a program but how can we set up mode switcher to run the save command once it opens the program? Is that possible?
  10.    #2310  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    sconix I know you said things will change hence the reason for holding off on writing the save restore script. My question is I want to do a save restore nightly I know mode switcher can be setup to run a program but how can we set up mode switcher to run the save command once it opens the program? Is that possible?
    It would need launch parameter support from the save+restore app. The slight problem is that you most likely would not want the app card popping up so then it gets bit more difficult. But since I think that save+restore app also has a c-service backend then it is no problem and can be implement as it was with the govnah. So you could ask the people behind save+restore app to add a launch parameter for initiating automated save and then I can add a special support for save+restore app as I did for govnah.
  11. Deeder's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #2311  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You have activated mode switcher? And if you haven't noticed there is a manual in the first post that should help new comers to get started.
    I did read the manual.
    I thought I had activated it but I had not, used last night. And it is the best software I have yet.
    Thank you so much I will be donating at the first of the month.
  12. #2312  
    I've used modeswitcher for a while now and am generally really pleased with it. However one thing i use it for is to make the screen turn off when on the touchscreen as I put it on to charge when I go to bed. However I am quite often woken up with the screen on quite bright - I think this is becasue the phone has fully charged and has maybe sent me a notification or something like that??

    Any ideas?
  13.    #2313  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1976 View Post
    I've used modeswitcher for a while now and am generally really pleased with it. However one thing i use it for is to make the screen turn off when on the touchscreen as I put it on to charge when I go to bed. However I am quite often woken up with the screen on quite bright - I think this is becasue the phone has fully charged and has maybe sent me a notification or something like that??

    Any ideas?
    Haven't never happened to me, but I know there is couple bugs in the screen off logic so maybe when I fix them it starts to work for you but this has to wait until .31 release since it is not a show stopper bug.
  14. Deeder's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #2314  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Haven't never happened to me, but I know there is couple bugs in the screen off logic so maybe when I fix them it starts to work for you but this has to wait until .31 release since it is not a show stopper bug.
    Did the same thing to me as well last night.
    Today I added a time trigger to this and if it bright at 6 a.m. that ok I need to get up anyway.
    I set the media sound very high so I hope the alarm will still work.
  15. aa6vh's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #2315  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1976 View Post
    I've used modeswitcher for a while now and am generally really pleased with it. However one thing i use it for is to make the screen turn off when on the touchscreen as I put it on to charge when I go to bed. However I am quite often woken up with the screen on quite bright - I think this is becasue the phone has fully charged and has maybe sent me a notification or something like that??

    Any ideas?
    Are you using a Touchstone? There are reported problems (I have it too with one of my Touchstones) where some combination of Touchstones and Pres are incompatible with each other, and symptoms you describe will happen.

    I switched to another Touchstone, and my nightly screen wake up went away.
  16. #2316  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Just a side note to this thread also, I put 1.4.5 versions of my patches available into my feed tonight. Applauncher patch includes couple new features and fixes.
    I've just installed the new 1.4.5 patches for Mode Menu and Device Menu, and I'm getting a similar problem to one I initially saw when I first installed back in May - none of the drawer widgets are expanding, so I can't actually do anything. Mode Menu isn't even displaying a list of modes, just the current mode, and indication "Mode Switcher Disabled" (which it isn't) and an option "Disable Mode Triggers". Reinstalling the patches and removing my other top bar patches (Battery Icon as Percent and Show Actual Battery Percent) hasn't helped. When this happened before, the problem suddenly "went away" after a couple of days without me doing anything specific. Is there anything I can do to narrow this problem down?
  17.    #2317  
    Quote Originally Posted by t.k.beechey View Post
    I've just installed the new 1.4.5 patches for Mode Menu and Device Menu, and I'm getting a similar problem to one I initially saw when I first installed back in May - none of the drawer widgets are expanding, so I can't actually do anything. Mode Menu isn't even displaying a list of modes, just the current mode, and indication "Mode Switcher Disabled" (which it isn't) and an option "Disable Mode Triggers". Reinstalling the patches and removing my other top bar patches (Battery Icon as Percent and Show Actual Battery Percent) hasn't helped. When this happened before, the problem suddenly "went away" after a couple of days without me doing anything specific. Is there anything I can do to narrow this problem down?
    Mode menu wont work with current version hence no modes there so its normal. The .30 release will once again communicate with the menu correctly. Could you try to toggle airplane mode on and off and see if it effect the drawers? And is it just the device menu network/wifi/bt/gps or also the device/security menus too?
  18. #2318  
    I have the same symptoms as t.k.beechey in european GSM 1.4.5 pre (with OTA not Doctor). To answer to last post of sconix, I can not access any top bar menu, nor original old, nor new device/security. So I can not access to toggle airplane mode on and off.
  19. #2319  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Mode menu wont work with current version hence no modes there so its normal. The .30 release will once again communicate with the menu correctly. Could you try to toggle airplane mode on and off and see if it effect the drawers? And is it just the device menu network/wifi/bt/gps or also the device/security menus too?
    Good to know the Mode Menu behaviour is normal. Toggling airplane mode changes the state on the device menu OK - it just doesn't let me change the individual settings. Today and Launcher menus are OK, though I don't know what you mean by device/security. Like CptOx I now no longer have an airplane mode menu item - I had to toggle this by holding the power button.
  20.    #2320  
    Quote Originally Posted by t.k.beechey View Post
    Good to know the Mode Menu behaviour is normal. Toggling airplane mode changes the state on the device menu OK - it just doesn't let me change the individual settings. Today and Launcher menus are OK, though I don't know what you mean by device/security. Like CptOx I now no longer have an airplane mode menu item - I had to toggle this by holding the power button.
    Just gesture+tap to the device menu place and you get to select which items are shown in the menu (works for other my menus too now). Then select device or security item to be visible and try if you can access those menu items. Since only thing that prevents drawer opening is the airplane mode, but since device and security menu are not network related they can be opened even then. So if they open and the others wont then it has to be something in the airplane mode detection that causes problems.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions