• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 115 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120125165 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 3326
    I think I have an idea for a future trigger: sunrise and sunset. My thinking is that if I have a car mode, I want the screen as bright as it goes during the daytime but as dim as it goes at night. So based on its location from either GPS or set by the user, have it determine sunrise/sunset and adjust the screen accordingly. Maybe also have an option to make the change gradually and/or a number of minutes before/after the "true" sunrise/sunset. Just throwing an idea out there. I did a quick search and haven't seen it.
    Sconix, so how is development for v0.9.30 going?
  3.    #2283  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Sconix, so how is development for v0.9.30 going?
    It is going fine I just have problems releasing since I get more ideas what I want to include for 1.0.0 and the 0.9.30 will be the last feature release before 1.0.0 so have been adding lots of new stuff. But at least now I don't have anything else on my list just finalize everything and do the release. Definitely during this week (week that starts tomorrow). Cannot say the exact date since it is that good weathers here that have been quite a lot outside. My current guess for release date would be Wednesday.
    Hi,

I recently installed 09.29, and had to reconstruct all of my modes. One thing I noticed:
    I have a launcher icon which, when I touch it, it launches the web browser for a traffic website for my city (basically sigalert for San Diego). I like to launch this when I open my "car" mode.
    The previous version of MS allowed me to add this like any other app, and then the correct url would load.
    This version requires me to go find the actual URL and type it into mode switcher when I am configuring the mode. It is actually quite a pain to get this url from the pre (I can't seem to cut and paste, nor get it from the browser, nor even when I "share" it--it shows the short cut but not the actual URL). Even getting the proper "mobile" url from the PC (in this case) can be difficult.
    I think that since I've already bookmarked it and created the launcher icon, it would be much better to just have it run (maybe populate the URL automatically) vs having to find the right one and then type it in manually. Is that something you can look into?

Thanks,

Jordan
  5.    #2285  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    Hi,

I recently installed 09.29, and had to reconstruct all of my modes. One thing I noticed:
    I have a launcher icon which, when I touch it, it launches the web browser for a traffic website for my city (basically sigalert for San Diego). I like to launch this when I open my "car" mode.
    The previous version of MS allowed me to add this like any other app, and then the correct url would load.
    This version requires me to go find the actual URL and type it into mode switcher when I am configuring the mode. It is actually quite a pain to get this url from the pre (I can't seem to cut and paste, nor get it from the browser, nor even when I "share" it--it shows the short cut but not the actual URL). Even getting the proper "mobile" url from the PC (in this case) can be difficult.
    I think that since I've already bookmarked it and created the launcher icon, it would be much better to just have it run (maybe populate the URL automatically) vs having to find the right one and then type it in manually. Is that something you can look into?

Thanks,

Jordan
    At least I haven't changed anything that involves that. The web bookmark launchpoints should still show up in the application list at least they do for me. Since my current MS setup is still a bit unfinished I cannot test that is those launcher still without any problems, but somehow I get the idea that you don't even see them in the list? If this is the case then it is not MS fault since it only issues request for getting all launcheable applications and WebOS should include the web launchpoints automatically.

About the reset of modes config it was intentionally put into .29 release and .30 will unfortunately do the same (it hold the new mode types and all the rest of new features for 1.0.0 release so lots of changes and I am lazy to code configuration checking code). As said though after 1.0.0 the configuration will stick in the format it is at the point 1.0.0 is released so modes wont be cleared anymore. There is even a save/restore script in the works for MS.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    At least I haven't changed anything that involves that. The web bookmark launchpoints should still show up in the application list at least they do for me. Since my current MS setup is still a bit unfinished I cannot test that is those launcher still without any problems, but somehow I get the idea that you don't even see them in the list? If this is the case then it is not MS fault since it only issues request for getting all launcheable applications and WebOS should include the web launchpoints automatically.
    Hi sconix,

Thanks for your quick response. I do see the launchpoint in the pull down list for potential applications to launch along with the mode. Though after I select it, it looks like it just includes the title and has a "blank" for where the URL should go. If I don't add anything, when the mode is activated, the browser gets opened, but it stays at my "bookmarks" page--the URL for the launchpoint doesn't get started.
    So, at least on my pre plus, the URL from the launchpoint is either being overwritten by "blank" or is not being transferred into MS, when I select it as one of the apps to open along with the mode.

Thanks,

Jordan
  7.    #2287  
    Hi sconix,

Thanks for your quick response. I do see the launchpoint in the pull down list for potential applications to launch along with the mode. Though after I select it, it looks like it just includes the title and has a "blank" for where the URL should go. If I don't add anything, when the mode is activated, the browser gets opened, but it stays at my "bookmarks" page--the URL for the launchpoint doesn't get started.
    So, at least on my pre plus, the URL from the launchpoint is either being overwritten by "blank" or is not being transferred into MS, when I select it as one of the apps to open along with the mode.

Thanks,

Jordan
    OK I will test and try to fix already for the .30 release, but there is a change that it has to wait until the .31 bug fix release.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I do see the launchpoint in the pull down list for potential applications to launch along with the mode. Though after I select it, it looks like it just includes the title and has a "blank" for where the URL should go. If I don't add anything, when the mode is activated, the browser gets opened, but it stays at my "bookmarks" page--the URL for the launchpoint doesn't get started.
    I saw the same behavior as well--I can tell MS to open my shortcut, but it really just opens the browser. So I manually added the URL to the MS Apps page.

There's a companion behavior that I think happened at the same time as this change: If I enter the mode, it now launches the browser to my selected page. If I leave the mode and then come back, it opens up a duplicate card pointing to the same page. I *think* the behavior used to be different. I think that before this change happened, if I had already launched that shortcut, no duplicate card was opened the second time I entered the mode. Or maybe I'm just going crazy
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    It is actually quite a pain to get this url from the pre (I can't seem to cut and paste, nor get it from the browser, nor even when I "share" it--it shows the short cut but not the actual URL). Even getting the proper "mobile" url from the PC (in this case) can be difficult.
    You probably already know this, but when you launch your shortcut to get into the browser, try flicking down the page to scroll up (even though you're already at the top of the page). That reveals the title of the browser page. Tap on the title, and it disappears, only to be replaced by the URL. The address should already be highlighted, so all you have to do is gesture+C (or menu / Edit / Copy) to grab the URL.

Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    You probably already know this, but when you launch your shortcut to get into the browser, try flicking down the page to scroll up (even though you're already at the top of the page). That reveals the title of the browser page. Tap on the title, and it disappears, only to be replaced by the URL. The address should already be highlighted, so all you have to do is gesture+C (or menu / Edit / Copy) to grab the URL.

Hope this helps!
    I didn't know that, but I did just find out how to do the gesture + copy / paste, so I was able to get the url from the bookmark info and paste it into MS.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    I think I have an idea for a future trigger: sunrise and sunset. My thinking is that if I have a car mode, I want the screen as bright as it goes during the daytime but as dim as it goes at night. So based on its location from either GPS or set by the user, have it determine sunrise/sunset and adjust the screen accordingly. Maybe also have an option to make the change gradually and/or a number of minutes before/after the "true" sunrise/sunset. Just throwing an idea out there. I did a quick search and haven't seen it.
    This sounds like a good idea to me. However, I could see how this can be easily implemented right now. Just use the time trigger to set one mode for daytime and one for night. I've been meaning to do this for my current car mode as well, but haven't gotten around to it.

But I do agree that your concept of a sunrise/sunset trigger would be cool, especially with some advance gradual brightness changing and stuff (though no idea how that would be implemented).
    Not sure if this has been discussed, but by the second or third day of using Mode Switcher, when trying to turn bluetooth on when switching to the appropriate mode, my Pre just keeps spinning the circle trying to turn on bluetooth. A reset fixes the problem. This never occurred when I used to turn bluetooth on and off manually. Thanks!
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  13.    #2293  
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    Not sure if this has been discussed, but by the second or third day of using Mode Switcher, when trying to turn bluetooth on when switching to the appropriate mode, my Pre just keeps spinning the circle trying to turn on bluetooth. A reset fixes the problem. This never occurred when I used to turn bluetooth on and off manually. Thanks!
    This is a WebOS problem which I though that the hacks that went into .29 release should have "fixed". Maybe it still happens in some situations then. I could not reproduce this without the fixes and still can't so it is very hard for me to add additional hacks to go around this problem. I am hoping that this will get fixed in some WebOS release. In .30 there will be couple smaller additional fixes that might effect this so hopefully it gets fixed for you with the next release.
    I've had some interesting bluetooth issues as well. I have a Jabra BT3030 stereo adapter, and it seems like MS will only switch to the mode called by a BT connection if the Bluetooth has just recently been turned on, otherwise it will not activate.

It also tries to immediately close the mode after it starts.

Are these known issues?
  15.    #2295  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I've had some interesting bluetooth issues as well. I have a Jabra BT3030 stereo adapter, and it seems like MS will only switch to the mode called by a BT connection if the Bluetooth has just recently been turned on, otherwise it will not activate.

It also tries to immediately close the mode after it starts.

Are these known issues?
    If you mean the bluetooth progile trigger then yes and fixes are in .30 release.
    How does it feel to know so many people are refreshing Preware every day hoping the next version of MS is in there. :-)

We are all very excited, keep up the good work sconix. Can't wait to get started on the docs.
  17.    #2297  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    How does it feel to know so many people are refreshing Preware every day hoping the next version of MS is in there. :-)

We are all very excited, keep up the good work sconix. Can't wait to get started on the docs.
    It's nice to know that people like what I have done. I don't take any pressures from it though I'' try to get new releases always out as soon as I can (not only that users like that since it also serves me since I am one of the users also ). The good weather ruined my Monday / Tuesday coding days, but now the forecast looks rainy for next couple days so thumbs up for Friday release.

Just a side note to this thread also, I put 1.4.5 versions of my patches available into my feed tonight. Applauncher patch includes couple new features and fixes.
    I personally have no plans to update to 1.4.5 until I'm positive everything I use will work afterwards.

Out of curiosity, what did you change in the app launcher patch feature-wise? Hard to imagine it getting better.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    This sounds like a good idea to me. However, I could see how this can be easily implemented right now. Just use the time trigger to set one mode for daytime and one for night. I've been meaning to do this for my current car mode as well, but haven't gotten around to it.

But I do agree that your concept of a sunrise/sunset trigger would be cool, especially with some advance gradual brightness changing and stuff (though no idea how that would be implemented).
    I figured it would be something where it would basically alter the time of day trigger based on sunrise/sunset. The two ideas I had for that would be to go to the internet and download the times, or have formulas that approximated the sunrise and sunset times based on the GPS location. I'd think the formulas would be out there somewhere, or if not, I could probably come up with them.

As for altering the time of day manually, I thought about that, but then you have to change it every month or so. Not a big deal, just thought it would be cool if MS did it on its own.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I have tried to install this several times.
    And every time I get it installed using webos quick install the application just starts up and stays in start up mode. Flashing around the center icon and just stays there.
    I apologize in advance for not reading the 115 pages of posts it this has already been answered.
    I have even erased everything and used webos doctor to start fresh. But still get the same thing. I have installed everything in the stable folder.