• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 114 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119124164 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    It's possible you have the older version of the temp warning patch which activates at 45 degrees.

My understanding is that the later version of the patch doesn't activate until 50 degrees because 45 was found to be a normal operating temperature for the stock kernel from time to time.
    After reading your post you got me thinking since I run into the alerts often when on the TS too running either the stock or modified kernels.

So I checked what temp patches I have installed. Are you referring to the Device Temperature Warnings patch by JR? I currently show the version as 1.4.1-1. The warnings are at 45 and 50.

Was there an updated version not released in Preware; possibly a different patch entirely?

Sorry about continuing the off topic, topic...
    Yes, I believe the patch I have installed was downloaded from the patches forum here and has warnings at 50/55. If I can find a link I'll post it.
    Would it be possible to add this trigger? Landscape mode vs. portrait mode?

I have a two touchstones, one in my car and another at home. I'd like to have a mode that turns my screen off at home and have one mode that keeps my screen on and opens up my Navigation App.

The Navigation app could open up (and screen stay on) when I was in landscape mode and the screen could go off when the phone is in portrait mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post

I have a two touchstones, one in my car and another at home. I'd like to have a mode that turns my screen off at home and have one mode that keeps my screen on and opens up my Navigation App.

The Navigation app could open up (and screen stay on) when I was in landscape mode and the screen could go off when the phone is in portrait mode.
    I believe Sconix said this (Landscape mode/touchstone trigger) would be coming eventually.

- Orientation option for touchstone charger trigger. (http://www.e-lnx.org/mode-switcher.html)
    oooh +1 for sure. Another helpful setting could be enabling email updates as instant. I usually keep have my email check every hour or two to conserve battery but instant would be useful when it's charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarflash View Post
    oooh +1 for sure. Another helpful setting could be enabling email updates as instant. I usually keep have my email check every hour or two to conserve battery but instant would be useful when it's charging.
    Interesting suggestion. For myself, I could see a possible use for being able to control the settings for email syncing when in different modes.

Nice idea scarflash.
  7.    #2268  

Yes as already kindly pointed out this is in next release the orientation option for charger trigger. The next release has delayed a bit for many reason, but it is nearly ready. I am currently finishing the new system menu patches that I want to release at the same time with the new version since it needs the new mode menu patch so I just wanted to have the new today and device menu patches also at the same time so fewer updates for the users.
  8.    #2269  
    Quote Originally Posted by scarflash View Post
    The only problem with these settings is the same as with the email and IM alert settings. For those I suggested of having the global setting of just disabling or letting the current settings be which would work for most I think. But for the email check this kind of combined setting would not work. Since you (at least I) might have email accounts that you don't want to sync at all automatically so setting them globally would not work. I can add per account configuration for all of these 3 settings, but then the settings view can come very long and even a bit confusing. So I need to come up with a nice way of showing per account based configuration. I have one idea, but I would like to come up with a simpler one (codewise). So lets see if I come up with a proper way to implement I will add this setting too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The only problem with these settings is the same as with the email and IM alert settings. For those I suggested of having the global setting of just disabling or letting the current settings be which would work for most I think. But for the email check this kind of combined setting would not work. Since you (at least I) might have email accounts that you don't want to sync at all automatically so setting them globally would not work. I can add per account configuration for all of these 3 settings, but then the settings view can come very long and even a bit confusing. So I need to come up with a nice way of showing per account based configuration. I have one idea, but I would like to come up with a simpler one (codewise). So lets see if I come up with a proper way to implement I will add this setting too.
    Very true that the settings page would become very long. I saw your other posts about simplifying/changing the settings page. I like the thought.

I'm trying to think of some examples from other apps that have worked well for a UI. Might have to get back to you on that.

At any rate, keep up the great work. Looking forward to your latest and greatest.
    Could someone please explain what the new 'modes types' are? 'modifier or normal' are the options. I can't find any documentation on this. I'm running 0.9.30 from the testing feed.
    Last edited by kill_Dano; 07/14/2010 at 01:03 PM.
  11.    #2272  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I agree on these but i also have the media volume slider and use the patch that puts the battery temp in F next to the phone toggle --my bar looks like this

Brightness slider
    media volume slider
    Phone - with temp on the right
    - phone radio
    - data usage
    - roam only
    wifi
    bluetooth
    GPS
    flashlight

just thought i would chime in
    Scratch my previous comment event the temp is in the next patch version
  12.    #2273  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Could someone please explain what the new 'modes types' are? 'modifier or normal' are the options. I can't find any documentation on this. I'm running 0.9.30 from the testing feed.
    You really should not install anything from my testing feed or at least MS (others should be fine) . Since I only use it for testing when I am away from my computer so the only way to install a package. So the latest in testing feed is usually old and none working version. As it is now, it is very old and does not yet have those new mode types. The version I am locally working has and once I make the release the documentation will be updated.
  13.    #2274  
    So I just finished the new system menus patches, wont release them before next MS release though, but you can read about the implementation in the following post:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...87#post2555487

Comments are welcomed specially if I forgot some setting that you think should be in the device menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So I just finished the new system menus patches, wont release them before next MS release though, but you can read about the implementation in the following post:

[URL]

Comments are welcomed specially if I forgot some setting that you think should be in the device menu.
    This is the way top-bar menu patches should be done.

I'd like to remove all other superceded top-bar menu patches from Preware once this is out and tested.

-- Rod
  15.    #2276  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

I'd like to remove all other superceded top-bar menu patches from Preware once this is out and tested.

-- Rod
    Thanks, at least that is fine by me. At least it would cause less queries about what patches conflict since I think pretty much all of those device menu feature adding patches since this should have pretty much all the same functionality and some more.
    the new top bar patch is better looking then anything i could have imagined - i almost typed in that thread last week that it wasn't worth the bother because you cannot please every one -- i will wait untill i have it on my phone to say that i was wrong 100 percent but right now i am pretty sure that i was
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Great post Rod, because I completely agree.

What sconix has done with his patches (mode switcher aside) should be the baseline for anyone attempting to create good patches for the community. One patch that contains options and toggles vs. A dozen slightly different patches is so much more useful and supportable.
    i really like this concept, possibility for user accounts or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod

Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Great post Rod, because I completely agree.

What sconix has done with his patches (mode switcher aside) should be the baseline for anyone attempting to create good patches for the community. One patch that contains options and toggles vs. A dozen slightly different patches is so much more useful and supportable.
    Spot on assessments!