• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 113 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118123163 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 3326
    When preware is updating feeds, I get a large error when trying to load the feeds for this. Also are there any specific patches that I need to remove to have this patch installed? That may be a broad question, just didn't know if someone knew from the 112 different pages.
  2.    #2242  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    I cannot get your application to install. Get ipkg errors.

Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-eror --output/media/intgernal/.developer/com.palm.org.e-lnx.wee.apps.modeswitcher_0.9.29_all.ipk....etc

Could not resolve host:wee.e.lnx.org (could not contact DNS Server)
    Most likely since the url is misspelled. It should be wee.e-lnx.org not wee.e.lnx.org.
  3.    #2243  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    When preware is updating feeds, I get a large error when trying to load the feeds for this. Also are there any specific patches that I need to remove to have this patch installed? That may be a broad question, just didn't know if someone knew from the 112 different pages.
    At least I am not getting any errors when updating feeds. And what patch are you talking about?
  4.    #2244  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmurtz View Post
    Hi sconix,
    This is my first post on this forum, and it is the occasion for me to tell you how i'm happy to read you're working on a new version of your apps.
    Hopping it'll be compatible with new 1.4.5 web os, tough.

Before all, thanks for your hard work !
    Thanks, and as it may happen that when 1.4.5 comes out I am on holiday trip so it might take a week or two after 1.4.5 release for MS and my patches to be compatible with 1.4.5. So if you relay on those then wait a bit after the new release is out. I will release updates as fast as I can on updates, but if I am away from my computer it can take some time.
  5.    #2245  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    My custom device menu patch:

Brightness slider
    WiFi toggle
    Bluetooth toggle
    Data toggle
    GPS toggle
    Roam Only toggly
    Flashlight

Those would have to be available in any device menu patch I switch to.
    Those will be on the next version of my device menu patch I have already done mode and today menu so that they have the editing ability. Now I am on to device menu patch. I want to release these at the same time as the next MS version (to minimize the need for uninstalling/installing my menus patches). All my menu patches and the next release of MS should be available in the end of this week or on the weekend at the latest.
    I've been away from MS for a while. Came back to it recently because I've had some time to explore it more fully. I've notice two issues that I wanted to ask about.

1. I created a mode with a touchstone trigger with a "by selection" switch so that when I place the pre on a TS the selection dialogue comes up [switch on top, mode name in the middle, cancel on bottom]. The problem is when I reach for cancel, I sometimes accidentally tap the middle of the gesture area which apparently acts like a switch confirmation [this is a pre plus - tapping the center of the gesture area is like tapping the center button on a standard pre which is problem less likely to happen accidentally]. The result is a mode switch when I was trying to cancel the switch. I wondered if it would be possible to disable the center tap. Or perhaps switch the arrangement of the selection dialogue so the cancel is on top - that way it would be less likely to hit the gesture area when reaching for it.

2. [I think this issue was raised earlier] After a restart of the pre the default settings don't seem to stick until opening the default settings dialogue in MS and then closing MS forcing default mode to restart.

Thanks again for all of your work. I continue to be amazed at your commitment to making this powerful app meet the needs of so many users.
  7.    #2247  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    I've been away from MS for a while. Came back to it recently because I've had some time to explore it more fully. I've notice two issues that I wanted to ask about.

1. I created a mode with a touchstone trigger with a "by selection" switch so that when I place the pre on a TS the selection dialogue comes up [switch on top, mode name in the middle, cancel on bottom]. The problem is when I reach for cancel, I sometimes accidentally tap the middle of the gesture area which apparently acts like a switch confirmation [this is a pre plus - tapping the center of the gesture area is like tapping the center button on a standard pre which is problem less likely to happen accidentally]. The result is a mode switch when I was trying to cancel the switch. I wondered if it would be possible to disable the center tap. Or perhaps switch the arrangement of the selection dialogue so the cancel is on top - that way it would be less likely to hit the gesture area when reaching for it.

2. [I think this issue was raised earlier] After a restart of the pre the default settings don't seem to stick until opening the default settings dialogue in MS and then closing MS forcing default mode to restart.

Thanks again for all of your work. I continue to be amazed at your commitment to making this powerful app meet the needs of so many users.
    1) Don't know about the disabling of center tap, but I will take this info in consideration when I make changes to the popup (after 1.0.0 release).

2) Yes known bug, unfortunately bug fixes have to wait until I get the next release out. After that I start fixing every reported bug and all that I can find in my tests for preparing for the 1.0.0 release.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    My custom device menu patch:

Brightness slider
    WiFi toggle
    Bluetooth toggle
    Data toggle
    GPS toggle
    Roam Only toggly
    Flashlight

Those would have to be available in any device menu patch I switch to.
    I agree on these but i also have the media volume slider and use the patch that puts the battery temp in F next to the phone toggle --my bar looks like this

Brightness slider
    media volume slider
    Phone - with temp on the right
    - phone radio
    - data usage
    - roam only
    wifi
    bluetooth
    GPS
    flashlight

just thought i would chime in
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    At least I am not getting any errors when updating feeds. And what patch are you talking about?
    Just in general if there were any other patches that would conflict theMode Switcher stuff. And I dont want to write out the whole error being that its HUGE, but here is the bottom part.

and well if you spell things right you dont get any errors when the feeds are loading..... lol
  10.    #2250  
    Just in general if there were any other patches that would conflict theMode Switcher stuff. And I dont want to write out the whole error being that its HUGE, but here is the bottom part.

and well if you spell things right you dont get any errors when the feeds are loading..... lol
    MS itself only requires one patch the startup patch and only patch that conflicts with that is start brightness unlinked on luna start patch.

For the other system menu patches only the patches that provide same functionality should conflict.
    So one other question. How does this work exactly? Maybe I am missing something. But it does not seem to be doing what I thought I read it would be doing or activating. Maybe I am missing something. I do have the patch "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" installed and have restarted Luna and the device.
  12.    #2252  
    So one other question. How does this work exactly? Maybe I am missing something. But it does not seem to be doing what I thought I read it would be doing or activating. Maybe I am missing something. I do have the patch "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" installed and have restarted Luna and the device.
    Not sure what you are asking. If you have the launch patch installed then you should be able to start the application. For creating modes you might want to read the manual for getting started since the app does not yet contain any preset config / help etc.
    so I read the manual and maybe am stupid still, but how do I even get to the home screen or open the application of mode switcher to decide to even turn it on or off, etc...? Should I have an app or something in my launcher for it?
  14.    #2254  
    so I read the manual and maybe am stupid still, but how do I even get to the home screen or open the application of mode switcher to decide to even turn it on or off, etc...? Should I have an app or something in my launcher for it?
    Yes its a normal application so if you have MS installed you have an icon in your launcher.
  15.    #2255  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I agree on these but i also have the media volume slider and use the patch that puts the battery temp in F next to the phone toggle --my bar looks like this

Brightness slider
    media volume slider
    Phone - with temp on the right
    - phone radio
    - data usage
    - roam only
    wifi
    bluetooth
    GPS
    flashlight

just thought i would chime in
    All of these and couple more will be in the next version of the device menu patch. The only thing I am not adding is the temperature since normal users wont need it only users that use some modified kernels (in my opinion). So I hope that someone can make a modified version or a patch that is compatible with mine that adds the temp.
    Yes its a normal application so if you have MS installed you have an icon in your launcher.
    Yes and to all my stupidity I did not think to look for an application. I was looking for a patch the whole time. lol I found it last night. Thanks for answering all my dumb questions.
    All of these and couple more will be in the next version of the device menu patch. The only thing I am not adding is the temperature since normal users wont need it only users that use some modified kernels (in my opinion). So I hope that someone can make a modified version or a patch that is compatible with mine that adds the temp.
    I don't use a custom Kernal but have a touchstone and if has to charge for a while or am watching TV other things like that. My temperature warning goes off like crazy. So it at least for me it happens a TON just with the touchstone... Just my two cents.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I don't use a custom Kernal but have a touchstone and if has to charge for a while or am watching TV other things like that. My temperature warning goes off like crazy. So it at least for me it happens a TON just with the touchstone... Just my two cents.
    A little off topic - but try charging with the keyboard open while on the touchstone. You open more surface area, and there's a more direct path for the heat to flow out of the Pre to the air. It might be enough extra cooling to avoid the alarm.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Most likely since the url is misspelled. It should be wee.e-lnx.org not wee.e.lnx.org.
    This is the error I get when Preware tries to install MS.

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    6 57838 6 3949 0 0 2208 0 0:00:26 0:00:01 0:00:25 4967
    19 57838 19 11089 0 0 3986 0 0:00:14 0:00:02 0:00:12 6201
    53 57838 53 31081 0 0 7236 0 0:00:07 0:00:04 0:00:03 9415
    90 57838 90 52501 0 0 11061 0 0:00:05 0:00:04 0:00:01 13989
    100 57838 100 57838 0 0 11919 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 14987
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/com.palm.org.e-lnx.wee.apps.modeswitcher_0.9.29_all.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    It's possible you have the older version of the temp warning patch which activates at 45 degrees.

My understanding is that the later version of the patch doesn't activate until 50 degrees because 45 was found to be a normal operating temperature for the stock kernel from time to time.