• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 112 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1262102107108109110111112113114115116117122162 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 3326
  1.    #2221  
    Quote Originally Posted by dups View Post
    What if a mode higher on the list has a setting at "Do Not Set"? Will a lower listed mode with a setting of enable or disable take over at that point? Or is "Do Not Set" modifying a setting and therefore take priority?
    There is actually a bug concerning the "Do Not Set" at this point, but it should work the same way as if there would not be the settings group at all. Which means that the setting is taken from the default mode for normal modes and for modifier modes (in next release) the setting just is not set at all. I will replace the text to Use Default for nomal modes at some point and the Do Not Set is used for modifier modes so it will be more logical. Since normal modes are full modes hence they quarantines that the all settings are set to some state and the modifier modes modify only few of the settings to be something else. So since only one normal mode can be active there is no priority, but for modifier modes if mode has do not set the setting is not set at all so if some other modifier mode changes it is left as it is and only when multiple mode are setting the same setting then the priority sets which one of the modes will be used for the setting.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The reason is a bad placement on the TS for it to get into the situation where the charging will get into charging/uncharging cycle. You can set the mode to start immeadiately so then there would not be the popup. For now there is now easy way to control whether the popup makes a system sound or not in the WebOS, but I will certainly look into it at some point if its possible to do somehow.
    I don't set it to immediate because there are times that I want to cancel the mode so it won't switch to it automatically. When you say it's caused by bad placement, how do I know if I've placed it better? It feels like it's on there good and it works fine for a while... long enough that I fall sound asleep only to wake up to the system alert sound that is ;-)
  3.    #2223  
    I don't set it to immediate because there are times that I want to cancel the mode so it won't switch to it automatically. When you say it's caused by bad placement, how do I know if I've placed it better? It feels like it's on there good and it works fine for a while... long enough that I fall sound asleep only to wake up to the system alert sound that is ;-)
    For me this only happens right that time when I place my phone in TS and only very very rarely. But with my first TS (which was cheap copy i.e. not official palm product) it did happen for example in the middle of the night few times. So I guess there are differences in the TS chargers. So I think there is now real way to tell when it sits firmly in its place and is a small issue in some TS's. Anyway I would like to have a way to set the popup to silent and will look into that in some point, but since this is really rare situation and in some way WebOS fault (it could handle this kind of situation somehow without going into this cycle) its not very high on my list.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

There is a patch available in Preware to disable the system sound when connecting and disconnecting from the charger (TS too). Not sure of the name, maybe "Disable Charging Sound/Alert". Something like that. Of course you should try to figure out why its switching from charge to not charge in the first place, but the patch could buy you some more sleep time :-) Have you tried taking the back cover off your phone and putting it back on or making sure the phone is exactly centered on the TS.
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    am i correct in my understanding that luna restart is akin to logging off/on a user on a PC, and reset is a PC restart? i'm having something going on causing a creeping up of my battery usage, some of which seems to be fixed (sometimes) by resetting the phone.
    does a luna restart wipe the memory (some say junk here can cause battery usage increase)?
    is resetting 'harder' on the phone, and if not, what is the advantage of doing a luna instead of total restart?- assuming most do this early in am when phone wouldn't be in use and a shorter offline time shouldn't make a difference.
    thanks
    Your understanding is correct. From my general usage, it seems that a Luna restart is enough to clear the memory. On occasion when I do a full reset, my Govnah sticky setting can become unset, etc. so I try to avoid doing a full reset unless absolutely necessary.

I don't think it's harder on the phone, and I do it at 4 AM so it's not a time issue. I just find that a Luna restart does plenty.

I also like being able to use the Reset Button app launcher icon as a quick one-tap reset button when I need a manual reset.
    hey sconix, are there any possibilities to add screenstate trigger to your program?
  7.    #2227  
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    hey sconix, are there any possibilities to add screenstate trigger to your program?
    Yes it is in the TODO list and is coming if not before 1.0.0 then right after.
    Part of the reason for this, is when my phone sits on the TS at night after a while it starts to act weird...
    I had same problem when first got TS. Try this: remove back and look at the prongs that touch the back. One of mine was lower; gently bend it up (i bent both up a little) to make better contact. I've never had the charging/not charging cycling since.
    Mode Switcher for pixi!!! Just need basic settings for a night setting... Volume decrease to half and screen off on touchstone form 11-630. I miss mode switcher!!!
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    There should already be the notify setting for the modes that will set whether the mode switch is notified or not... There still might be some bugs related to that though and also the screen turning off fails in certain situation, but its good if it already works for you. The bug fix release is coming after the next feature release (last feature release before 1.0.0).
    Ohhhhh, I thought that meant to turn off all notifications, lol! Whoops. Excellent. And yeah, screen off has been working pretty well for me. Sometimes it lights up for seemingly no reason while sitting there, then turns back off, but I dunno why. Looking forward to future updates! Thank you again for this app!
  11.    #2231  
    The new version is coming along very nicely, but I would say it is still couple days off from releasing. Mainly due to the +30C weather that is that rare here that I only have couple hours on mornings and evenings for coding.

I wanted to ask one thing from you guys, the users, that even though I know that the UI will need bigger changes at some point (for 2.0 maybe), but one thing that I am thinking for 1.0.0 (small task if I decide to do it) is that should the setting groups be just broken into individual settings. Since there isn't actually that many settings and then there would not be need for the do not set / use default option in the settings which would simplify the code. Please let me know what do you think.

Second question that popped up into my head is that is there a need for exact control of IM status and email sound settings. Meaning that is it needed that you can set IM status for every IM account and email sound setting per account. Or would it be enough to be able to "disable/enable" IM (setting all to offline / back to how they were configured) and to mute all email account / set them how they were as a whole not separately?

Since the current configuration UI is a bit stiff for the individual controlling of the accounts, but if it is really needed then I can do it like that.
    Last edited by sconix; 07/11/2010 at 05:42 PM.
    1. I think breaking the settings up individually is a great idea. Maybe you can keep the group idea for adding settings (i.e. all screen settings get added at once) but can be swiped away individually (then the add list won't be 4 pages long).

2. I would definitely use different SMS tones for different modes.
  13.    #2233  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    1. I think breaking the settings up individually is a great idea. Maybe you can keep the group idea for adding settings (i.e. all screen settings get added at once) but can be swiped away individually (then the add list won't be 4 pages long).

2. I would definitely use different SMS tones for different modes.
    Thanks for the feedback.

1) Good idea, but would once again complicate the code, but will think about this. Currently there is only ~20 settings so the list would not be very long (much shorter than apps list for example and only 3 'pages' long). I would of course keep the add/remove all items.

2) The possibility to set different SMS tones would stay. But how about IM and email those are the problems since there is many accounts. And I would like to avoid adding list of accounts with specific settings so if the suggested global disabling/enabling of email sounds / IM availability would be enough then I would not do this, but if not then I would create this.
  14.    #2234  
    Thought about posting this also here to get more feedback. While I added the support for selecting which modes show up in the mode menu I implemented the same edit mode for my today and device menu patches. So for today menu it is possible to select which calendars the events are shown and for device menu that which control items are shown. So now the question obviously is what do you use in device menu. So what items should I add to the patch.

More info see the post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...50#post2549050

Please post feedback related to this to that thread. Just advertising here since I know many of MS users are users of these patches, but might not follow that thread.
    i'm having trouble installing mode switcher. This is my IPKG log:

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 4712 100 4712 0 0 9750 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 22545
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    25 4712 25 1175 0 0 2417 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 12239
    100 4712 100 4712 0 0 8264 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 26177
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.postinst 2>&1
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.misc-launch-mode-switcher-on-luna-boot.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Wow, i just installed this on my pre plus... this is so cool!! Never thought I could have so much control!!! Thanks for this!
    Hi sconix,
    This is my first post on this forum, and it is the occasion for me to tell you how i'm happy to read you're working on a new version of your apps.
    Hopping it'll be compatible with new 1.4.5 web os, tough.

Before all, thanks for your hard work !
    Quote Originally Posted by scarflash View Post
    i'm having trouble installing mode switcher. This is my IPKG log:

Download
    100 4712 100 4712 0 0 9750 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 22545
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    Remove
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    25 4712 25 1175 0 0 2417 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 12239
    100 4712 100 4712 0 0 8264 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 26177
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    Remove
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    delete "launch brightness unlinked on luna reboot" patch
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    My custom device menu patch:

Brightness slider
    WiFi toggle
    Bluetooth toggle
    Data toggle
    GPS toggle
    Roam Only toggly
    Flashlight

Those would have to be available in any device menu patch I switch to.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I have been developing software called Mode Switcher which tries to bring Mode (kind of profiles) support for WebOS. With this application it's possible to create and manage Modes. At this point Mode can control the following things:

- Wallpaper
    - Instant messaging status
    - Message sound setting
    - Ringer mode and volume
    - System sounds state and volume
    - Display brightness, timeout and touchstone screen mode
    - State of Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/GPS/Data/USBnet connections
    - Applications to be opened
    - Network type and data/voice roaming

The mode can be activated manually or to be set to activate automatically on trigger events. Supported trigger events are:

- Placing phone on touchstone charger
    - Connecting phone on usb or wall charger
    - Certain time on certain days (weekdays, weekends, every day)
    - Based on location, if GPS is enabled
    - Battery level

When the trigger events occure a popup launcher is displayed with start, mode selection and cancel buttons. If mode is configured to start automatically there is a timer on start action and if no then on cancel action. If opposite trigger happens (phone removed from charger etc.) the popup contains close action instead of the start action.

Application makes it possible to create launchpoints into app launcher for manual activation / deactivation of modes. Mode can change the wallpaper so you know which mode is on. In addition there is a patch for the top bar which adds a menu for manual activation and showing list of modes and their states and the name of current mode in place of carrier text (the patch will be optional, all the features work also without the patch, but it makes it much simpler to see mode state / switch modes).

To make it more clearer for what this can be used for. For example you can create a Night Mode which will be automatically activate when you place the phone into touchstone charge for example between 22:00-04:00. The mode could for example hold settings for disabling GPS, setting IM mode to offline, setting silent mode on and starting timepiece application. Or you could create car mode which would be activated between 09:00-22:00 when placed on touchstone either automatically or only manually. The car mode could set GPS and Bluetooth on and start music and map applications. The apps can be set to be closed when deactivating the mode if they weren't already open.

Currently I am trying to finish all the features and make sure that everything works. Those who cannot wait for the final release there's now a beta release available. To get your hands on the beta release add a new feed to the Preware by selecting manage feeds from app menu and add new feed with following info: Name: (what ever you want to call this feed), URL: 'http://wee.e-lnx.org/webos/feeds/stable' (without the ''), Compressed: Yes. The "stable" release should happen during this month (May) and will be available through WebOS Internals feed.

For current bugs and upcoming features can be seen here.

The triggers and setting groups are separate "extensions" so if someone wants to develop new trigger or setting group for the Mode Switcher it is possible. The extension can be even made as a separate package. Contact me for more info and short documentation.

There is a manual made by tobias funke available for new users that should help understanding all the features of Mode Switcher.

Donations are appreciated since I am doing this alone on my spare time (the little I have currently).

I cannot get your application to install. Get ipkg errors.

Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-eror --output/media/intgernal/.developer/com.palm.org.e-lnx.wee.apps.modeswitcher_0.9.29_all.ipk....etc

Could not resolve host:wee.e.lnx.org (could not contact DNS Server)
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint