• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 111 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 3326
    What I've noticed happening is that sometimes a mode will be triggered correctly after a Luna or device reset, but the settings won't actually take hold.

i.e. I'm in Home mode (wifi trigger), and reset the phone. Phone will boot and launch default mode (as I have it set to do), then launch Home mode because of the wifi trigger, but none of the Home settings will take effect. It will still say "Home" in the upper left corner, though. Brightness will stay at 35% (default) instead of reducing to 4% (Home) and Data will still be on.

Then I reset the phone, and it goes through the same process, yet this time applies the settings correctly: brightness 4% and data off.

I would guess this happens just about every other reset, with the next reset 'fixing' the problem.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    In my case, Preset Reset does a full reboot and the custom background for my Night mode does apply, but the Screen doesn't turn off.

I wonder if a temp fix for this for me is to set another night mode to trigger after Preset Reset has ran.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    What I've noticed happening is that sometimes a mode will be triggered correctly after a Luna or device reset, but the settings won't actually take hold.

i.e. I'm in Home mode (wifi trigger), and reset the phone. Phone will boot and launch default mode (as I have it set to do), then launch Home mode because of the wifi trigger, but none of the Home settings will take effect. It will still say "Home" in the upper left corner, though. Brightness will stay at 35% (default) instead of reducing to 4% (Home) and Data will still be on.

Then I reset the phone, and it goes through the same process, yet this time applies the settings correctly: brightness 4% and data off.

I would guess this happens just about every other reset, with the next reset 'fixing' the problem.
    I see this too after reboots, however, most times I don't even have to reset my phone to see the settings hang up or not get applied when modes switch. Typically I've had to back off a mode, then re-enable it again. Happens a few times a week I'd say. I just live with it knowing the next release is coming & this is a beta version.

I am chalking it up to the last couple of versions and the different logic methods being used. I think Sconix is on the right track for 1.0.0 and will have this worked out with the new logic and fixes, etc...

As aways, one of the best apps available for webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I see this too after reboots, however, most times I don't even have to reset my phone to see the settings hang up or not get applied when modes switch. Typically I've had to back off a mode, then re-enable it again. Happens a few times a week I'd say. I just live with it knowing the next release is coming & this is a beta version.

I am chalking it up to the last couple of versions and the different logic methods being used. I think Sconix is on the right track for 1.0.0 and will have this worked out with the new logic and fixes, etc...

As aways, one of the best apps available for webOS.
    Earlier in the thread tobias funk posted this patch. at least i think it was him -- if you instal this patch and then use Jason R's reset patch you can use this to reset the phone and you do not have to acknowledge it -- you can set a timed mode to run that ap at say 2 in the morning and -- it should reset the phone and then go back to the previous mode -- this might avoid your issues
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  5.    #2205  
    I am back from my holiday tomorrow and I should have whole week for MS so expect release if not on the weekend then in the beginning of next week. All the problems reported are known and some might be fixed in next release,but some will have to wait for the bug fix release that will come after the next release.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Earlier in the thread tobias funk posted this patch. at least i think it was him -- if you instal this patch and then use Jason R's reset patch you can use this to reset the phone and you do not have to acknowledge it -- you can set a timed mode to run that ap at say 2 in the morning and -- it should reset the phone and then go back to the previous mode -- this might avoid your issues
    yes, that's my patch

to clarify, it's a patch for zinge's "Reset Button" app that changes it to a Luna restart instead of a device reset and removes the confirmation.

I also have a simple patch that modifies mode switcher to accept 1 minute trigger intervals, so a mode can open at 8:30 and close at 8:31, which i find useful for opening applications. i wont release that until MS is 1.0
  7.    #2207  
    yes, that's my patch

to clarify, it's a patch for zinge's "Reset Button" app that changes it to a Luna restart instead of a device reset and removes the confirmation.

I also have a simple patch that modifies mode switcher to accept 1 minute trigger intervals, so a mode can open at 8:30 and close at 8:31, which i find useful for opening applications. i wont release that until MS is 1.0
    The next release will have even more handier ways to do this You can add MS to the list of started applications and tell it to close the mode which would cause that only apps are started and mode is closed right away. The new configuration for MS in the list of applications will have ways to do start/close/trigger a mode. Starting and closing are obvious, but the trigger option will only start the mode if its triggers are valid so you can have even more control when mode should start another mode. You can do these actions on mode start or close. All of them will have the possibility to start the previous mode so that you can set mode to fallback to mode that was active before the current mode.
    Yeah I am very excited for the new release. :-)
    Yeah I am very excited for the new release. :-)
    +1
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    yes, that's my patch

am i correct in my understanding that luna restart is akin to logging off/on a user on a PC, and reset is a PC restart? i'm having something going on causing a creeping up of my battery usage, some of which seems to be fixed (sometimes) by resetting the phone.
    does a luna restart wipe the memory (some say junk here can cause battery usage increase)?
    is resetting 'harder' on the phone, and if not, what is the advantage of doing a luna instead of total restart?- assuming most do this early in am when phone wouldn't be in use and a shorter offline time shouldn't make a difference.
    thanks
    do you use jstop?
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    do you use jstop?
    yes, but i can't figure out how to make detailed use of it's info. overall there are no processes running i don't expect, and most are 'system 1006-7 and they can have high handle and node numbers, but from what i've read, those don't necessarily translate into actual batt usage; is that incorrect? the systemui's arent broken down further. (here is the 1st page sort by mem usage- does this look normal? no apps except preware open) strangely, i had usage down to a very low rate, but it's gone back up for no apparent reason- same settings, same routine, etc.
    i've tried to read all i can on jstop, but if you could point to a concise source i would be greatful. i also don't want to be rude and know this is off-topic for this thread

are the other assertions i asked about luna/reset correct?
    thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by everette13; 07/09/2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: add pic
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Hey Sconix, I just want to say that I am amazed by your patches. MS is terrific. Can you explain a little bit what the logic is behind which mode is chosen if multiple modes could be triggered at any one time? For example, if I have a time-of-day trigger set for 9am-5pm for one mode, and a touchstone trigger for another mode, which one will take priority if I put my phone on a touchstone at 12pm? Is there some kind of trumping order?
  14.    #2214  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Hey Sconix, I just want to say that I am amazed by your patches. MS is terrific. Can you explain a little bit what the logic is behind which mode is chosen if multiple modes could be triggered at any one time? For example, if I have a time-of-day trigger set for 9am-5pm for one mode, and a touchstone trigger for another mode, which one will take priority if I put my phone on a touchstone at 12pm? Is there some kind of trumping order?
    With the current version when ever multiple modes match the same trigger the mode popup is shown and the mode that is highest in the list is shown as the default mode to get activated. The middle button toggles between the modes that matches the trigger. So MS never tries to guess what you want so it will show you a popup even if the mode is set to start immediately when there are multiple matches.

When the new mode type (modifier mode) is introduced in the next version then the above still goes for the normal mode type, but the modifier modes are all started if the triggers match multiple modes. Since modifier modes (sub modes) can be many active at the same time but only one normal (full mode) can be active at the same time. Which is logical since normal modes hold all the settings that are set when mode is active and modifier mode only modifies few of the settings.

The priority for the modifier modes goes like this: first the order which they are started and if multiple has been started at the same time (that modify the same setting) the mode that is higher on the list will override.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I've just discovered Mode Switcher, and I've already set up two profiles in addition to my Default. I used to use Brightness Unlinked because I like to keep my brightness all the way down to conserve whatever battery power I can, but then at night I can't see the keyboard. So now I've got my Default profile at 0 brightness, and then at 8PM I turn it up to 10%. I also have a profile to turn my screen off on the Touchstone, but I only want to do this in the real middle of the night, not EVERY time it's on the Touchstone, so I have two triggers: on Touchstone, and time: 12AM-8AM.

Thank you so much for this app, it's fantastic! One suggestion I'd make is to give us an option of whether we'd like to be notified of profile switches, or do it completely in the background (if this is possible).
  16.    #2216  
    Quote Originally Posted by detection View Post
    I've just discovered Mode Switcher, and I've already set up two profiles in addition to my Default. I used to use Brightness Unlinked because I like to keep my brightness all the way down to conserve whatever battery power I can, but then at night I can't see the keyboard. So now I've got my Default profile at 0 brightness, and then at 8PM I turn it up to 10%. I also have a profile to turn my screen off on the Touchstone, but I only want to do this in the real middle of the night, not EVERY time it's on the Touchstone, so I have two triggers: on Touchstone, and time: 12AM-8AM.

Thank you so much for this app, it's fantastic! One suggestion I'd make is to give us an option of whether we'd like to be notified of profile switches, or do it completely in the background (if this is possible).
    There should already be the notify setting for the modes that will set whether the mode switch is notified or not... There still might be some bugs related to that though and also the screen turning off fails in certain situation, but its good if it already works for you. The bug fix release is coming after the next feature release (last feature release before 1.0.0).
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    With the current version when ever multiple modes match the same trigger the mode popup is shown and the mode that is highest in the list is shown as the default mode to get activated. The middle button toggles between the modes that matches the trigger. So MS never tries to guess what you want so it will show you a popup even if the mode is set to start immediately when there are multiple matches.

When the new mode type (modifier mode) is introduced in the next version then the above still goes for the normal mode type, but the modifier modes are all started if the triggers match multiple modes. Since modifier modes (sub modes) can be many active at the same time but only one normal (full mode) can be active at the same time. Which is logical since normal modes hold all the settings that are set when mode is active and modifier mode only modifies few of the settings.

The priority for the modifier modes goes like this: first the order which they are started and if multiple has been started at the same time (that modify the same setting) the mode that is higher on the list will override.
    Awesome!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hey, Sconix, I hope this isn't a dumb question, but is it possible to silence MS? I don't want to turn my system sounds off or anything, I just don't want MS to make the noise when it pops up the options for the mode to change to.

Part of the reason for this, is when my phone sits on the TS at night after a while it starts to act weird, and the mode is based on whether or not the phone charges, so it keeps switching back and forth between my modes and notifying me (which I want) but I don't want it to make the noise.... is this possible? Or maybe in a future release? Thanks for all your work!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post

What if a mode higher on the list has a setting at "Do Not Set"? Will a lower listed mode with a setting of enable or disable take over at that point? Or is "Do Not Set" modifying a setting and therefore take priority?
  20.    #2220  
    Quote Originally Posted by dups View Post
    Hey, Sconix, I hope this isn't a dumb question, but is it possible to silence MS? I don't want to turn my system sounds off or anything, I just don't want MS to make the noise when it pops up the options for the mode to change to.

Part of the reason for this, is when my phone sits on the TS at night after a while it starts to act weird, and the mode is based on whether or not the phone charges, so it keeps switching back and forth between my modes and notifying me (which I want) but I don't want it to make the noise.... is this possible? Or maybe in a future release? Thanks for all your work!
    The reason is a bad placement on the TS for it to get into the situation where the charging will get into charging/uncharging cycle. You can set the mode to start immeadiately so then there would not be the popup. For now there is now easy way to control whether the popup makes a system sound or not in the WebOS, but I will certainly look into it at some point if its possible to do somehow.