• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 109 of 167 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110111112113114119159 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 3326
    Just a side note about the screenstate governor and how it affected me while using Mode Switcher. (This is not a Mode Switcher issue!)

In order for the screenstate to work properly, your screen brightness has to be at least set to 5. (This has be documented elsewhere on the PC forums. Sorry I don't have a link)

In my quiet/night modes, I had the screen turned to 0. The screenstate governor never toggled between the speeds. Once I set my screen brightness to at least 5, then the screenstate gov worked properly.

Hope this helps someone.

I can't remember if I had posted this before. If I had, sorry for the double post.
    well it's past midnight on my side of the world and my before-sleep thoughts have ended up about MS.

Firstly, when this app goes public it is going to be HUGE. Sconix, I hope you have a plan as to how to explain all the features of MS to noobie users.

Second, I remembered a while back you said that you were going toupdate the UI of MS and I would like to know if I could assist in the design of the app. You don't need to pay me anything. I would just like to offer my creative design ideas to this project.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    hi, i was just bragging to my sister about how cool MS is; so we installed it on her Pixi.
    MS v09.29 and Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Reboot v1.4.1-12

we have restarted her phone twice, but we cannot get MS to load up, it just spins

she only has 11 patches so I'd be surprised if she has anthing conflicting
    4x4 icons v5
    add date mm/dd/yy
    close on hangup
    enable add/delete pages
    hide nascar app
    named pages in the launcher
    no draft text
    sms tone per contact
    virtual keyboard

any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I think there might be an issue with Voice Roaming settings.
    My "home" mode is set is set as "Roam Only" for voice roaming.

But normally the "home" mode does not start, I get the mssg starting home mode, but nothing after that.
    If I use the Megamix patch to change to "roam only" and then try to switch to home mode, it switches successfully.

Similarly when I go out from my house...it should change to default mode, but it doesn't as it's unable to change the voice roaming to automatic.
  5.    #2165  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I think there might be an issue with Voice Roaming settings.
    My "home" mode is set is set as "Roam Only" for voice roaming.

But normally the "home" mode does not start, I get the mssg starting home mode, but nothing after that.
    If I use the Megamix patch to change to "roam only" and then try to switch to home mode, it switches successfully.

Similarly when I go out from my house...it should change to default mode, but it doesn't as it's unable to change the voice roaming to automatic.
    yes this is known problem that voice roaming setting does not work. I will fix it after .30 release.
  6.    #2166  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    hi, i was just bragging to my sister about how cool MS is; so we installed it on her Pixi.

we have restarted her phone twice, but we cannot get MS to load up, it just spins

4x4 icons v5
    add date mm/dd/yy
    close on hangup
    enable add/delete pages
    hide nascar app
    no draft text
    sms tone per contact
    virtual keyboard

any thoughts?
    I don't think that anyone has been able to run MS on a pixi. I will look into running MS on a pixi after .30 release.
  7.    #2167  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    well it's past midnight on my side of the world and my before-sleep thoughts have ended up about MS.

Firstly, when this app goes public it is going to be HUGE. Sconix, I hope you have a plan as to how to explain all the features of MS to noobie users.

Second, I remembered a while back you said that you were going toupdate the UI of MS and I would like to know if I could assist in the design of the app. You don't need to pay me anything. I would just like to offer my creative design ideas to this project.
    Well I hope the manual is enough for new users. At least all the ease of use features are post 1.0.0.

The UI rework was done long time ago but will of course need to do new one after the ease of use features start to get implemented. All ides about how the ui should turn out are of course welcomed, but the rework is most likely for 1.5 or even 2.0.
    This the 2nd day in a row that after waking up my night mode is still on when I had a time set for it to end early in the am. My other modes be closing fine but it's something about the night one that is not. I'm trying to open Mode Switcher but it's not even opening the app. Only thing I can think of is having Preset Reset, restart the phone in the middle of the night and not restarting the mode or app correct. But it never happen like this before so it might be an lil issue with 9.29 . I'm about to do an luna reboot which should fix the issue. I just wanted to let you know.
  9.    #2169  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    This the 2nd day in a row that after waking up my night mode is still on when I had a time set for it to end early in the am. My other modes be closing fine but it's something about the night one that is not. I'm trying to open Mode Switcher but it's not even opening the app. Only thing I can think of is having Preset Reset, restart the phone in the middle of the night and not restarting the mode or app correct. But it never happen like this before so it might be an lil issue with 9.29 . I'm about to do an luna reboot which should fix the issue. I just wanted to let you know.
    Something is killing MS. In your phone. Hard to say what sine luna should restart MS. If it is the one that closes it. If it keeps happening please provide messages log file so I can see what is killing MS.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Check the Network settings in each mode, and try removing them. Whenever I add those settings my modes never close/switch correctly. I think it has to do with the Roam Only patch I have and the Network settings in MS. Once I removed that module, all of my modes work correctly again.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post

4x4 icons v5
    add date mm/dd/yy
    close on hangup
    enable add/delete pages
    hide nascar app
    no draft text
    sms tone per contact
    virtual keyboard

any thoughts?
    I as well have been bragging up MS to those that I know. Unfortunately, those with the Palm Pixi have been unable to get MS to open.

Glad to see you'll be looking into this for a future release Sconix. Thank you.
    I am very excited for the Roam Only settings to work. That's the final piece I need to have my Home mode working perfectly (I get very poor Sprint service in my house).
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    This is an awesome App!

I've been having trouble with the GPS trigger. When I first tried to add a GPS trigger to an existing Mode, it would not grab my current GPS coordinates. In Latitude and Longitude I got "(failed)". When I created a new Mode, it would locate my current location normally. Location Services is set for Auto Locate: Off.

Now I have a "Home" Mode with Latitude and Longitude set, but it does not activate when I approach home. I've tried going to 500 meters, nothing.

I also see Wee.Apps... running with JSTop. I expected MS to stop all background processes when I set it to Off.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by TomD; 06/25/2010 at 07:13 PM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    This is an awesome App!

I've been having trouble with the GPS trigger. When I first tried to add a GPS trigger to an existing Mode, it would not grab my current GPS coordinates. In Latitude and Longitude I got "(failed)". When I created a new Mode, it would locate my current location normally. Location Services is set for Auto Locate: Off.

Now I have a "Home" Mode with Latitude and Longitude set, but it does not activate when I approach home. I've tried going to 500 meters, nothing.

Any suggestions?
    Sconix will be working on making the gps trigger better. It is kinda buggy right now. The wifi trigger has been used by many as a replacement option for now in lew of the gps trigger getting redone. Personally, I'd use both when the time comes for various modes to get some cool setups.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Sconix will be working on making the gps trigger better. It is kinda buggy right now. The wifi trigger has been used by many as a replacement option for now in lew of the gps trigger getting redone. Personally, I'd use both when the time comes for various modes to get some cool setups.
    Thanks for the info.

I'll just use the Launcher icons for now. Having one icon Mode switching is pretty kuwel. I can't wait to show off the GPS activation, when it is finished.

This App has an amazing array of settings.

With Govnah in the settings, it will be even better.

This will be a show case App for webOS!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  16.    #2176  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    This is an awesome App!

I also see Wee.Apps... running with JSTop. I expected MS to stop all background processes when I set it to Off.

Any suggestions?
    MS is running in background in either case even if its off, but in both cases it does not do anything. The reason why MS is a background app even it does not do anything on background is that it can be started without card view for handling the mode triggers. And currently in WebOS the starting app in luna start (to be run no background) is the only way to do this and there is no means to control when it runs there.

And yes the GPS trigger works ok in some cases but not at all at some so it needs work, but will get to that at some point. The other triggers are anyway preferred since they are more battery friendly (i.e. does not consume it at all or very little).
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I am having an issue that started about 3 updates ago. I have a mode switcher mode
    trigger : time of day : 10pm-7am
    settings: screen off

This is purely to turn off my screen while I charge on the touchstone and works fine.

I ALSO have preset reset set to restart my phone at 2am.

My issue is that after the preset reset even through my phone DOES show itself to be in my night charging mode the screen does NOT turn off.

Any ideas? Thanks!
  18.    #2178  
    Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post
    I am having an issue that started about 3 updates ago. I have a mode switcher mode

This is purely to turn off my screen while I charge on the touchstone and works fine.

My issue is that after the preset reset even through my phone DOES show itself to be in my night charging mode the screen does NOT turn off.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    I must have broken it ehen modifying the startup procedure. I try to fix this for next release but it might have to wait until the bug fix release that I release after next release.
    any ETA on when MS will be back? My pre has it and my wife's NEEDS it!
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I must have broken it ehen modifying the startup procedure. I try to fix this for next release but it might have to wait until the bug fix release that I release after next release.

Most likely what is happening here is what I ran into with my mother's pre.... if your pre is ON and the screen is LOCKED when you set it on the touchstone- MS often will NOT shut off the screen or start apps etc... just changes modes. IE- Does not accomplish anything. However if you pick it back up, unlock it and place it back down--- voila- she changes, starts apps and kills the screen with ease.... This I think has been an issue for some time.

I say disable preset reset and see if you still have this issue. I bet you do not. That or just set the reset to happen at the close of that specific mode....
    Last edited by Rossm812; 06/29/2010 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Additional Conent