• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 106 of 167 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116156 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I Just updated and all my modes got erased .. This like te 3rd an updated deleted my modes
    this has and will happen occasionally -- i believe that you can expect it again prior to the "stable" 1.0 release

not to speak for sconix but -- when there is a change to the programming sometimes existing configurations can cause huge problems so he wipes the old mode to keep you from possibly having to doctor your pre -- re-entering your modes is a small price to get to use the beta ap IMHO... hope you didn't have 10 modes -- the last time this happened i made a cheat sheet with all of my modes and setting so i could quickly re program them quickly--
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  2.    #2102  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I Just updated and all my modes got erased .. This like te 3rd an updated deleted my modes
    Yes, fully intentional the erase I mean. There was once again some new configuration change causing problems so instead of spending my time to figure out the reason I added erasing of the config. When the app is out of beta I wont obviously do this anymore until that only when it will save my time and is really needed.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    WebOS uses the ringtone volume for email sounds. The configuration option for setting email sound to mute is coming right after or just before the stable release depending how I have time.
    First, I just wanted to say thank you and that this app is awesome. I only just stumbled on this last night but the whole reason I was looking for something like this is because of this exact thing .... silencing email and charging alerts at night. I basically want to have everything silenced except phone calls and the alarm clock at night so that it doesn't wake me up unless it's one of those things. Is that going to be possible at some point with this app? If so, any ETA on when? Again, thanks for working on this - this is a must-have tool for any Pre owner! In fact, my wife just got a Pre and I know she's going to want this as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by dups View Post
    silencing email and charging alerts at night. I basically want to have everything silenced except phone calls and the alarm clock at night so that it doesn't wake me up unless it's one of those things. Is that going to be possible at some point with this app? If so, any ETA on when?
    One option that currently is possible with MS is to turn off data and wifi at night. Then your Pre won't fetch new emails and notify you about them. Then in the morning when you switch to a different mode with data and wifi enabled, your Pre will collect all your emails and view them. The only downside to this approach is the few minutes you'll have to wait in the morning before viewing all your emails from the night.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    WebOS uses the ringtone volume for email sounds. The configuration option for setting email sound to mute is coming right after or just before the stable release depending how I have time.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    One option that currently is possible with MS is to turn off data and wifi at night. Then your Pre won't fetch new emails and notify you about them. Then in the morning when you switch to a different mode with data and wifi enabled, your Pre will collect all your emails and view them. The only downside to this approach is the few minutes you'll have to wait in the morning before viewing all your emails from the night.
    That is actually not a bad idea! I didn't even really give that a thought. It's not ideal but it would work until the feature is added to MS to just silence those. I'll try doing that for now, thanks for the suggestion!
    Quote Originally Posted by dups View Post
    First, I just wanted to say thank you and that this app is awesome. I only just stumbled on this last night but the whole reason I was looking for something like this is because of this exact thing .... silencing email and charging alerts at night. I basically want to have everything silenced except phone calls and the alarm clock at night so that it doesn't wake me up unless it's one of those things. Is that going to be possible at some point with this app? If so, any ETA on when? Again, thanks for working on this - this is a must-have tool for any Pre owner! In fact, my wife just got a Pre and I know she's going to want this as well!
    it is possible now -- just turn off wifi and the data connection this will make it so only the phone and texts come through and your alarm will still work since it is based on the ringer volume -- -right?
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    This is also the approach I take and it works well for the case and purpose noted above. The only other sounds that sometimes slip through are calendar events (on the roadmap to be controlled separately) and notfications for received SMS messages (??? not sure if these are / can be controlled independently). One thing I've done recently is download a '1 second of silence' ringer to use as my ring / nofication tone for my "Totally Dead Silent" mode. I know we have volume controls, but sometimes, I'm just not ready to trust the volume slider settings.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I need to setup 2 Touchstone modes, one for home and the other for car.

For Home: (All unique)
    Charging trigger: Touchstone
    GPS Trigger
    Wifi Trigger

For Car:
    Charging Trigger: Touchstone

When I put my Pre on Touchstone at home, sometimes it chooses home mode while other times it chooses car, which is obvious.

How do I separate them? Any ideas please
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post

GPS Trigger
    Wifi Trigger

For Car:

When I put my Pre on Touchstone at home, sometimes it chooses home mode while other times it chooses car, which is obvious.

If your car has bluetooth, add bluetooth trigger.

BLiip
  10.    #2110  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post

GPS Trigger
    Wifi Trigger

For Car:

The GPS trgger is not the best when there is a need to separate two modes. I will soon add a orientation option for charger trigger then you could do as I plan that always place your phone on vertical position on car and horizontal at home.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I dont have bluetooth in my car.

Sconix - that would be awesome. Thanks a lot for all the hard work you have put into this and working to make it better everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    If your car has bluetooth, add bluetooth trigger.

BLiip
    I use the car mode to turn on the blue tooth -- thought about changing though --good suggestion -- how much battery does bluetooth draw when dormant?
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Sconix, can you implement the ability to have a mode be triggered once in a user-specified time?

For instance, I have a touchstone/time triggered mode that produces a pop-up. The mode is called BRUSH YOUR TEETH!!!!! and after I press Switch Mode, it automatically switches to Touchstone mode.

The problem arises after I have brushed my teeth and I remove my Pre from the TS and place it back on the TS.
    Would it be possible to add change-user-agent to Mode Switcher?

I can see this being useful since change-user-agent still breaks Engadget and other webOS interfaces that rely on native webkit browsing developed by Palm. Sorli...
    Also, I've noticed that when my Usual Apps is switched to, it sometimes doesn't open Newsroom or Tweed. The order of Usual Apps is as follows: Preware, Newsroom, Tweed, Aniweather, Mode Switcher (At Mode start, switch to default mode).

ADDITION: Last night my phone was in Touchstone Mode (turns off blink notifications) but I received an email and my phone was blinking.

Addition 2: Can you also place links to the changelog and this forum in the App Menu of MS please?
    Last edited by gollyzila; 06/19/2010 at 09:56 AM.
    Is the ipk-file meant for armv7 AND armv6 platforms? Is that for sure?

On my Pixi the MS app does not start either. No one has confirmed successful ModeSwitcher installation on Pixi yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiwa View Post
    Is the ipk-file meant for armv7 AND armv6 platforms? Is that for sure?

On my Pixi the MS app does not start either. No one has confirmed successful ModeSwitcher installation on Pixi yet.
    did you install the launch mode switcher on re-boot patch? the ap will not start with out this
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
  18.    #2118  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Sconix, can you implement the ability to have a mode be triggered once in a user-specified time?

For instance, I have a touchstone/time triggered mode that produces a pop-up. The mode is called BRUSH YOUR TEETH!!!!! and after I press Switch Mode, it automatically switches to Touchstone mode.

The problem arises after I have brushed my teeth and I remove my Pre from the TS and place it back on the TS.
    I think the once in user specified time could be a trigger, but at least I won't consider adding that kind of support before 1.0.0 is out since it is not that commonly needed I guess. But definitely a feature for post 1.0.0.
  19.    #2119  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Would it be possible to add change-user-agent to Mode Switcher?

I can see this being useful since change-user-agent still breaks Engadget and other webOS interfaces that rely on native webkit browsing developed by Palm. Sorli...
    I would like to say that support for this would go to category "hacks" and not commonly needed / used things so most likely I wont be adding this, but nothing prevents someone to make an extension for this.
  20.    #2120  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Also, I've noticed that when my Usual Apps is switched to, it sometimes doesn't open Newsroom or Tweed. The order of Usual Apps is as follows: Preware, Newsroom, Tweed, Aniweather, Mode Switcher (At Mode start, switch to default mode).

ADDITION: Last night my phone was in Touchstone Mode (turns off blink notifications) but I received an email and my phone was blinking.

Addition 2: Can you also place links to the changelog and this forum in the App Menu of MS please?
    The apps not launching will go to bugs in WebOS since MS completely relies to the info that WebOS gives about success/failure of launching an application. I might add some hacks at some point for this if it does not get better in upcoming WebOS releases.

If the blink option not working happened only once then it might have been the WebOS system request not completing (the system request thing is really a mess in WebOS and it should get better in 1.5.0 I think). But if it does not work at all then let me know since then I have break it at some point.

The changelog and forum links should go to the help page as links in the beginning to places where to get help (wiki etc.), so I will add them there at some point, most likely for 1.0.0.