• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 105 of 167 FirstFirst ... 55595100101102103104105106107108109110115155 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedonut View Post
    Which Mode Menu patch should I be using? I see "System Menu Mode Menu" v1.4.1-10 maintained by sconix, and "Mode Menu for Top Bar" v1.4.1-2 maintained by Janne Jukunen.

When MS has acted up, I've often flipped between them in an attempt to get MS working again. I currently have MS 9.29 installed with Janne's menu patch. I can see the modes in the menu, but I cannot select any of the modes from the menu.

Please help...thanks.
    They are the same patch, however, the System Menu Mode Menu is the "stable" version of the patch (found in Webos-Internals Patch Feed) and the Mode Menu for Top Bar is the "beta" version (found in Sconix's beta/test feed).
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    9.29 seems to be working much better -- can anyone else verify that the volumes don't appear to be changing -- media, ringer and system -- i will watch a little more to see but that is what i think i am seeing -- my mode switcher ap is on a freshly doctored phone also
    The volumes are changing properly for me, however, with some of the small issues I had with past versions, I would have some of the volumes change and others not, but at least right now, they are.
    Quick question. In 9.29, with the Wi-Fi Network trigger, is the "Delay" option the delay that takes place before it is activated (after it's been detected), or the delay until it's deactivated? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Quick question. In 9.29, with the Wi-Fi Network trigger, is the "Delay" option the delay that takes place before it is activated (after it's been detected), or the delay until it's deactivated? Thanks!
    delay is on disconnect, like the TS delay. MS will wait until 0, 30, 60 seconds after wifi lost to end mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    delay is on disconnect, like the TS delay. MS will wait until 0, 30, 60 seconds after wifi lost to end mode.
    Perfect, just what I was wanting it to do! :-)

Really only one thing left on my wish-list for MS: Trigger Groups.

Like, for example, I have a mode called "Class (Silent)" that I use for when I'm in my college classes. Right now over the summer I have 2 classes, so I have 2 Time Triggers for the times of the classes, so only One Trigger is required. But on Holidays and other times when I'm not there (running late, etc.) I wish I could also have a Location or other trigger that has to be true as well. So I could have 2 groups: the location trigger would be in each, and then one class time in one group, and another class time in the other group.
    I guess this could be accomplished by simply adding a mode, but I don't want to clutter the MS Top Bar with extra modes.

Speaking of, that'd be interesting if we could control whether a mode showed up in the MS Top Bar Menu or not.

Anyway, overall it's great! Keep up the good work!
    Perfect, just what I was wanting it to do! :-)

Really only one thing left on my wish-list for MS: Trigger Groups.

Like, for example, I have a mode called "Class (Silent)" that I use for when I'm in my college classes. Right now over the summer I have 2 classes, so I have 2 Time Triggers for the times of the classes, so only One Trigger is required. But on Holidays and other times when I'm not there (running late, etc.) I wish I could also have a Location or other trigger that has to be true as well. So I could have 2 groups: the location trigger would be in each, and then one class time in one group, and another class time in the other group.
    I guess this could be accomplished by simply adding a mode, but I don't want to clutter the MS Top Bar with extra modes.

Speaking of, that'd be interesting if we could control whether a mode showed up in the MS Top Bar Menu or not.

Anyway, overall it's great! Keep up the good work!
    I think once GPS triggers are ironed out this would be possible. Set the times and days of the week and then GPS the classroom. I know I do this now with a time trigger and a charger trigger to set my Bedside mode when it's on the Touchstone between 2230 and 0600.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I think once GPS triggers are ironed out this would be possible. Set the times and days of the week and then GPS the classroom. I know I do this now with a time trigger and a charger trigger to set my Bedside mode when it's on the Touchstone between 2230 and 0600.
    True. But the problem is that I can't "Require All" the triggers to be true if I have 2 different Time Triggers for Different times of different days of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    Norf, thanks for your suggestions. MS is activated and other modes are being invoked properly. I have a profile called "Car" that is supposed to trigger when the "Stereo Music" profile is "connected" and change my volume and launch the Music Player app. I've tried different BT profiles, tried having it fire on "disconnected" or "any" and nothing seems to be working. My phone is definitely connecting to the A2DP profile - I can watch it being connected from the Bluetooth preferences app as you recommended.

I've attaching a portion of my messages log file. This log file records the Pre connecting to the A2DP profile, I can see some MS log entries, but can't tell whether they are good or bad, and then I turn off my bluetooth device and you can see the Pre disconnecting from the A2DP profile. My MS profile doesn't get invoked in this cycle, though it is set to be triggered by the A2DP connection.

Thanks for any help...
    Well the log file isn't even registering the trigger logging an A2DP connection In fact there's no logging from the trigger at all. I'll need to confirm that the logging code hasn't been disabled in the trigger before I can say anything more concrete. It's certainly working for me so we'll find the root cause one way or the other.

Can you confirm that you're able to play music over the A2DP connection? The logs do show some error from the BT system itself.

In the mean time if you've got any other A2DP devices could you please try them and see if they bring any joy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    Can you confirm that you're able to play music over the A2DP connection? The logs do show some error from the BT system itself.

In the mean time if you've got any other A2DP devices could you please try them and see if they bring any joy?
    Yes, I am able to play music over the A2DP connection. In fact, my device creates a double BT connection: both A2DP and hands-free at the same time. But I don't think that should cause any problems.

I don't have any other A2DP devices, but I do have a bluetooth headset. I tried creating a MS trigger on the headset profile and then seeing if that worked and it didn't. It looks like there might be something that is preventing the MS trigger from noticing anything BT related on my Pre. Not sure what that could be though.

If you'd like me to try out anything like a patch with more logging enabled, I'd be happy to do that. I'm reasonably technical and can help debug in any way.

Thanks for helping...
    Norf:
    I have tried the BT triggers as well, and I find that it is too sensitive a trigger.

If I turn on BT with my BT headphones off, the BT manager tries to connect to the device in it's profile. Even though it fails this is enough to cause your trigger to go off and start up my "Headphones" mode. Of course, it almost instantly triggers off of that mode.

If I turn on BT with my BT headphones ON, the Bt manager connects successfully, "Headphones mode" starts up, but before my music app can complete loading, something triggers the mode to close. I can still use the headphones.

Since my headphones can be used for both AD2p and for handsfree operations, do I need to have multiple profiles setup for my trigger?

edit: I tried setting up different modes for each BT profile. Enabling BT with my headset powered off, causes stereo mode to start while the connection is attempted, then hands-free mode kicks in, despite there being no connection. Turning off Bt doesn't cause Hands-free mode to exit. I am guessing there is a problem here.
    Last edited by ggarvey; 06/16/2010 at 04:51 PM.
    Ah-hah! ggarvey has helped me to debug my situation. Here's what I'm noticing:

The BT trigger seems to work off of the event when bluetooth is switched on for the phone. I leave bluetooth on my phone always on, but turn on the various devices when I want to use them. That's what isn't working.

So if my A2DP device is on and then I switch on bluetooth on my phone, then the MS trigger does actually get fired succesfully! (And as ggarvey pointed out, it actually gets fired even when the connection to my A2DP device isn't established, even when my Pre just tries to connect).

But... if I leave bluetooth always turned on for my phone and get in my car and switch on my A2DP device, then it connects to the my phone, in that case, the MS trigger doesn't fire.

So the MS trigger only fires during the event of bluetooth being switched on, but doesn't fire if bluetooth was already on and a connection to a device event occurs.

It seems like that should be a fairly easy problem to debug and address if that's indeed the case.
    True. But the problem is that I can't "Require All" the triggers to be true if I have 2 different Time Triggers for Different times of different days of the week.
    Yes you can. This is explained in the manual.

With "All Unique", only one trigger of each type must be true, but you can have as many triggers of one type as you want.

So just like you can have a charging trigger that has triggers for USB, Wall and Touchstone all at the same time, you can also have multiple time triggers per mode.
    OK... I'm able to replicate some of what folks have reported about the BT trigger going off when a device doesn't connect. webOS is sending BT profile connection notifications when it fails to connect to a device after 30 seconds or so. There is an error property in these messages that I've not been checking so a fix for this should be pretty easy.

I don't have BT on all the time (MS takes care of this for my needs) so I'll need to play some more to see why it being on all the time would stop all triggers. That, hopefully, shouldn't be a biggy either. Hopefully!
    I reckon I've got fixes in place for the Bluetooth Profile trigger so they should go in to to next release. The known issues with the current release are:

1) When Bluetooth is on before MS starts (e.g. after a device or luna restart) the trigger does not receive any device connection events and will never trigger. The workaround is to manually switch Bluetooth off and back on again (that fixes 99% of all computer errors ) once MS has started.

2) When #1 above does not apply and the Bluetooth stack attempts to connect to a device but times out (e.g. the target device is not switched on) the trigger receives a connection event. A trigger set to execute on connection to a profile which the failed target device supports then executes the trigger even though the device isn't actually connected. The only workaround to this at the moment is to make sure you connect the desired device before the timeout occurs (roughly 30-60 seconds).

Once the fixes are released I'd really like people to try connecting as many different Bluetooth profiles as possible to make sure the trigger is identifying them all correctly. I've had to make educated guesses as to how some of the profiles identify themselves so they may not work as expected. I'll post a formal request for these once I'm happy the trigger is firing correctly.

Once the profile trigger is working 100% I'll be looking at adding a Bluetooth Device trigger to let use further fine tune out Bluetooth requirements
  15.    #2095  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedonut View Post
    Which Mode Menu patch should I be using? I see "System Menu Mode Menu" v1.4.1-10 maintained by sconix, and "Mode Menu for Top Bar" v1.4.1-2 maintained by Janne Jukunen.

When MS has acted up, I've often flipped between them in an attempt to get MS working again. I currently have MS 9.29 installed with Janne's menu patch. I can see the modes in the menu, but I cannot select any of the modes from the menu.

Please help...thanks.
    I have seen the mode menu acting on my phone too. New version of Mode menu patch is coming quite soon and will try to figure out the reason for mode menu to stop working. Since for me it has been temporal so there is some rare bug that I need to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I have seen the mode menu acting on my phone too. New version of Mode menu patch is coming quite soon and will try to figure out the reason for mode menu to stop working. Since for me it has been temporal so there is some rare bug that I need to find.
    hey --i thought you were on holiday
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  17.    #2097  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    hey --i thought you were on holiday
    Back to code MS so no time to stay on holiday at least for one week then back to holiday mode for a week. I should still have plenty of time left for holiday after the 1.0.0 of MS is released and anyway the summer will properly start on next month here in Finland so I rather leave my "holidays" until that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Back to code MS so no time to stay on holiday at least for one week then back to holiday mode for a week. I should still have plenty of time left for holiday after the 1.0.0 of MS is released and anyway the summer will properly start on next month here in Finland so I rather leave my "holidays" until that.
    great to see you back -- The new version is working really well for me -- i am not having any issues at this point

thanks -- i had no idea how much this ap affects how functional my phone is -- at work during the day i am frequently in areas with poor signal and no wifi so just using the GPS trigger to turn off the data and wifi really stretches my battery life
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    I reckon I've got fixes in place for the Bluetooth Profile trigger so they should go in to to next release.
    Norf, if you'd like help testing some of those fixes before rolling them into a MS release and have a way to get me a file, I'd be happy to test it a bit with my different devices.
    I Just updated and all my modes got erased .. This like te 3rd an updated deleted my modes