• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 104 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3326
    something to note about network settings (network type, data roam, voice roam); it may only apply if, like me, these settings do not work with your phone- i tried putting them in place (in 'carkit' mode) in case some day they started working and found that they prevent a mode opening or closing, only if they are set to change something (set them 'to do not set') and nothing is wrong. if set to change network type or voice roaming, neither of which work on my sprint CDMA phone, and when triggered from default mode, the banner shows 'starting carkit' properly but no apps start and no settings change. MS thinks the mode is started (in menu, which shows 'default' mode, if try to 'start' carkit the banner says 'reloading carkit' but nothing changes). if you remove the trigger, banner says 'closing carkit' but nothing changes (apps nor settings).
    those apparently cause MS to hang while trying to change something it cannot.

obviously then, kinda like mom used to say, if it don't work when you do that.....then don't do that. don't use the 'network settings' group unless it works on your phone.
    just reporting in case someone has it in their settings, things don't work and they think it's a bug- and in case it helps point out something that might get these features working someday
    I'm having problems getting the bluetooth profile trigger to work in the latest version. I have a mode that is set with a bluetooth profile trigger and it isn't being loaded. I've tried all the different profile types and none of them are working to trigger when my Kensington LiquidAux bluetooth device connects with a headset and stereo music profile.
  3.    #2063  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    edited; started working correctly BEAUTIFUL!!
    -the voice roam does not work for me (sprint, USA, CDMA phone also w menu megamix patch that has option to change voice roam which DOES work.)
    -camera still only closes with 'close all' selected

What is modifier/override mode?
    I did not have time to look into the camera problem will do for next release. And I only fixed a typo in voice roam setting I need to see it properly what I am doing wrong, will do that as well for next release.

The modifier etc. mode will come maybe for next release it is a mode type that can stay on even when normal modes change (meant for making low battery / silent modes etc).
  4.    #2064  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    quick question is there any way to setup ms to switch modes based on two or more items. For example say I want to setup a work mode that disables wifi, gps, and bluetooth. I set a wifi trigger but our district uses the same wifi name no matter what campus/department we are at so I set a gps location trigger to cut the items off. Don't know if that makes sense.
    Yes if I understand you correctly this is possible.
  5.    #2065  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossm812 View Post
    Mine seems to be back up and running, as reported and assumed voice roam doesnt work. Shucks. Oh well I can continue to use the roam only toggle as a start on mode app... However, if i use this particular app, i cant set it to also again open on mode close- it just doesnt work because the card doesnt go away unless you manually swipe it and even then it still wont trigger to open on mode close- in fact it makes the mode hang and doesnt fully switch back unless i do it manually. I tested this mode with the calculator app instead and if you swipe away the opened app, it will open the app again on close- so it must be a specific issue with the roam only toggle application.

anyone have any input?

Not complaining by any means! This app rocks! by far my favorite so far....
    Yes the voice roam I need to figure out but did not have time now. About the specific app I can test to see why it would do that since it can reveal some bug in my app logic.
  6.    #2066  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    Here's a quick plug for calendar triggers to make it into the 1.0 release. This was my favorite feature of the Treo Profiles application. I loved that my phone automatically went to silent whenever I was in a meeting that was on my calendar. I just had to use a keyword (like quiet) in my calendar entry to make it work. I know you have this planned at some point for MS. I'm just putting in my vote for sooner than later. Or maybe someone out there with programming experience can try to add it now that sconix has modularized the triggers code?
    I will definitely try to get the calendar trigger on 1.0, but if not it will come soon after it.
  7.    #2067  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Thanks for the .29 update Sconix.
    I will run it through it paces tomorrow.

Just quickly glancing at somethings, I noticed that in the Ringer settings group, if you select a ringtone, your not able to go back to the "do not set" option.

EDIT: HEY... where did my modes go.... ha ha ha.

Great work. Enjoy your holiday time.
    You can go back by swiping the group away and adding it again. I know not very intuitive and will add a fix for this next release.
  8.    #2068  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I notice that my message ringtone and phone ringtone keeps getting set to default.
    What do you mean? When do they keep set to default? It is possible that there is a bug and help to reproduce this will speed up the fix when I get back.
  9.    #2069  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    Just wondering if I could get some clarifications on the "Do not set" options for most of the settings or even having a certain group of settings even setup in the modes.

Example...

For me in the default settings, I have the Network group of settings set to

Network Type: Auto
    Data Roaming: Enabled
    Voice Roaming: Auto

If I know that in any of my additional modes will never need to have those Network group settings changed, do I

1) Need to append it in the settings for any reason?
    2) Should they be appended but set to this "Do Not Set" option? Any reason to do so in this case?

If those settings were not appended for other modes, would those options remain as they are under the default mode?

I hope this makes sense. Maybe I am over thinking it. Been known to happen.

Thanks
    1) No, and if you don't set them in any modes you can even remove them from default mode.

2) No.

They will remain but you can remove them by yourself if you don't use them in any of the modes.
  10.    #2070  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    something to note about network settings (network type, data roam, voice roam); it may only apply if, like me, these settings do not work with your phone- i tried putting them in place (in 'carkit' mode) in case some day they started working and found that they prevent a mode opening or closing, only if they are set to change something (set them 'to do not set') and nothing is wrong. if set to change network type or voice roaming, neither of which work on my sprint CDMA phone, and when triggered from default mode, the banner shows 'starting carkit' properly but no apps start and no settings change. MS thinks the mode is started (in menu, which shows 'default' mode, if try to 'start' carkit the banner says 'reloading carkit' but nothing changes). if you remove the trigger, banner says 'closing carkit' but nothing changes (apps nor settings).
    those apparently cause MS to hang while trying to change something it cannot.

obviously then, kinda like mom used to say, if it don't work when you do that.....then don't do that. don't use the 'network settings' group unless it works on your phone.
    just reporting in case someone has it in their settings, things don't work and they think it's a bug- and in case it helps point out something that might get these features working someday
    Yes I need to figure out a way to detect wheather these options are supported by the phone or not. Will add this at some point so for now you need to know this. So the network settings group is a bit wonky currently since it does not deetct if the option is supported or not so stay away from it if you dont need it or know that it does not work for you.
  11.    #2071  
    I'm having problems getting the bluetooth profile trigger to work in the latest version. I have a mode that is set with a bluetooth profile trigger and it isn't being loaded. I've tried all the different profile types and none of them are working to trigger when my Kensington LiquidAux bluetooth device connects with a headset and stereo music profile.
    I did not test bluetooth trigger code yet due to time constrain. It was provided for me by Norf so maybe he can help you or at least test it that did I break it by applying the code to MS. I will look into this when I get back.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    What do you mean? When do they keep set to default? It is possible that there is a bug and help to reproduce this will speed up the fix when I get back.
    I will see the steps necessary to reproduce I currently have a ringtone for my messages and after setting modes in ms it changes them I will take noted tomorrow. Also how does one setup ms in the manner I inquired about is there a updated user manual?
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It is anyway disabled in 0.9.29 until there is better way to do this. Since I think that currently WebOS does not support cardless launch. The only way to get it is to have the app added to the list of apps started on luna boot. Which maybe would not be a big problem if the app really does not do anything on background, but then we would need much better system to add apps there than the patches. It really sucks that there is no way to start app without card other than that. This was the reason why I changed MS to work in the background, but was kinda hoping that this would be "fixed" in 1.4.1, but I guess not...
    I would be satisfied if MS launched Govnah with my pre-chosen profile and fully opened the card. It would be same as launching any other app, but with the advantage of pre-selecting the speed/profile you want automatically. You could then see the card to verify the setting you want is correct. Then, if you also had the option to automatically have MS close Govnah a few seconds later I would think that would cover most people's requests for how to use allow MS to auto control Govnah.
    I've just installed .29 and the BT profile trigger is working for me. I've a "Stereo Audio" set to trigger on disconnect which is firing every time.

A couple of starter questions for you... is MS is activated? As in the "Activated" toggle button on the initial MS config screen is switched to on? Mine defaulted to off so maybe that's it

You're not in a mode that's set to block all others when you connect?

The profile trigger works by watching for BT devices connecting and disconnecting various profiles. The best thing to do is to launch the Bluetooth app and watch it for your device connecting / disconnecting depending on your trigger setting. When you see it connect / disconnect the trigger *should* fire.

I've only been able to test the A2DP (Stereo Music), (HSP) Handsfree and AVRCP (AV Remote Control) profiles as these are the only devices I have. From the looks of things your LiquidAux should definately have A2DP so that's the one I'd use for testing.

Failing all else there is substantial logging code in this first release of the trigger. If you have access to the /var/log/messages file that will show me exactly what's going on with the trigger.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    hey sconix, just wanted to say the new release fixed all of my previous issues. Man, I missed having this app the last couple of days!

Thanks again for all your hard work and a great homebrew app!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    0.9.29 fixed my issue. Thanks, and keep up the great work!
    9.29 seems to be working much better -- can anyone else verify that the volumes don't appear to be changing -- media, ringer and system -- i will watch a little more to see but that is what i think i am seeing -- my mode switcher ap is on a freshly doctored phone also
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Which Mode Menu patch should I be using? I see "System Menu Mode Menu" v1.4.1-10 maintained by sconix, and "Mode Menu for Top Bar" v1.4.1-2 maintained by Janne Jukunen.

When MS has acted up, I've often flipped between them in an attempt to get MS working again. I currently have MS 9.29 installed with Janne's menu patch. I can see the modes in the menu, but I cannot select any of the modes from the menu.

Please help...thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    A couple of starter questions for you... is MS is activated? As in the "Activated" toggle button on the initial MS config screen is switched to on? Mine defaulted to off so maybe that's it

You're not in a mode that's set to block all others when you connect?

The profile trigger works by watching for BT devices connecting and disconnecting various profiles. The best thing to do is to launch the Bluetooth app and watch it for your device connecting / disconnecting depending on your trigger setting. When you see it connect / disconnect the trigger *should* fire.
    Norf, thanks for your suggestions. MS is activated and other modes are being invoked properly. I have a profile called "Car" that is supposed to trigger when the "Stereo Music" profile is "connected" and change my volume and launch the Music Player app. I've tried different BT profiles, tried having it fire on "disconnected" or "any" and nothing seems to be working. My phone is definitely connecting to the A2DP profile - I can watch it being connected from the Bluetooth preferences app as you recommended.

I've attaching a portion of my messages log file. This log file records the Pre connecting to the A2DP profile, I can see some MS log entries, but can't tell whether they are good or bad, and then I turn off my bluetooth device and you can see the Pre disconnecting from the A2DP profile. My MS profile doesn't get invoked in this cycle, though it is set to be triggered by the A2DP connection.

Thanks for any help...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks for fixing this! I depend on it every day! Have a happy holiday!! You definitely deserve it!