• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 103 of 167 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Just advertising this in every space I can: that the next release will reset configuration. Just from previous experience I know there will be people asking why the configuration was gone, but while still in beta it is easier for me to reset the config to see what bugs are from configuration changes.
    Just to clarify for those who might not know exactly what you mean by "reset configuration" --- essentially, this install will wipe out all existing Modes and settings? Basically like having a fresh install?

Is that correct?

(Assuming i have this right.... Even so, how many "All my modes have disappeared!?!!?!?" emails / posts do you think you'll receive" Over-under 10-to-15 or so?)
  2.    #2042  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Just to clarify for those who might not know exactly what you mean by "reset configuration" --- essentially, this install will wipe out all existing Modes and settings? Basically like having a fresh install?

Is that correct?

(Assuming i have this right.... Even so, how many "All my modes have disappeared!?!!?!?" emails / posts do you think you'll receive" Over-under 10-to-15 or so?)
    Yes exactly that so modes will be gone, hopefully for the last time. And there has not been that many questions before, but always few and I don't mind, just saying so people wont wonder for nothing.
    So what you will need is a post that says something like this -----

Stop don't post --your modes were intentionally erased -- re input them
    thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  4.    #2044  
    New release 0.9.29 out now. This will erase your mode configuration which hopefully cures all problems caused by .27/28 releases. Now it is also possible to leave single setting not touched by MS. Only exception to this is the slider based settings which I will handle later.

I did not have time to test every feature so it is possible that some bugs were left behind, but at least wifi trigger should once again work. I wont be able to release new version for next couple days so lets hope that this release works as well as .26 at least.

More info see:
    http://wee.e-lnx.org/mode-switcher.html
    Well, who's gonna go first?
    I just installed 0.9.29. Seems to be working so far. Wifi trigger didn't take me from Default-->Work initially, but then I added a time trigger as well with All unique and then it worked. Removed the time trigger and wifi only trigger seems to work. Not going to try out the delay function yet.

Thanks Sconix!!!
  7.    #2047  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I just installed 0.9.29. Seems to be working so far. Wifi trigger didn't take me from Default-->Work initially, but then I added a time trigger as well with All unique and then it worked. Removed the time trigger and wifi only trigger seems to work. Not going to try out the delay function yet.

Thanks Sconix!!!
    Your welcome, at least it cannot work more worse than 27/28 releases I cleaned and simplified the application and setting extensions, but left trigger extensions for later. So small quirks can be left behind for triggers, but they were there already on 26 version. Will continue the cleanup when I am back from my short trip.

Now I am off to sleep and hopefully when I wake up there are no major problems reported. If it happens that this release still have show stopper bugs and someone cannot wait couple days there is always the 26 release still in the net (in my repo pool) for those who know how to find it.
    edited; started working correctly BEAUTIFUL!!
    -the voice roam does not work for me (sprint, USA, CDMA phone also w menu megamix patch that has option to change voice roam which DOES work.)
    -camera still only closes with 'close all' selected

What is modifier/override mode?
    Last edited by everette13; 06/15/2010 at 05:46 PM.
    quick question is there any way to setup ms to switch modes based on two or more items. For example say I want to setup a work mode that disables wifi, gps, and bluetooth. I set a wifi trigger but our district uses the same wifi name no matter what campus/department we are at so I set a gps location trigger to cut the items off. Don't know if that makes sense.
    mine is back in action now with your latest release, many thanks sconix and team!
    Mine seems to be back up and running, as reported and assumed voice roam doesnt work. Shucks. Oh well I can continue to use the roam only toggle as a start on mode app... However, if i use this particular app, i cant set it to also again open on mode close- it just doesnt work because the card doesnt go away unless you manually swipe it and even then it still wont trigger to open on mode close- in fact it makes the mode hang and doesnt fully switch back unless i do it manually. I tested this mode with the calculator app instead and if you swipe away the opened app, it will open the app again on close- so it must be a specific issue with the roam only toggle application.

anyone have any input?

Not complaining by any means! This app rocks! by far my favorite so far....
    Thanks sconix for the speedy update. I'm really loving the ability to put MS app for advanced mode switching. I have a night time/touchstone triggered mode that reminds me to brush my teeth. once I switch to that mode, it opens MS and switches to Touchstone mode which turns off the lockscreen and disables LED notifications.
    Here's a quick plug for calendar triggers to make it into the 1.0 release. This was my favorite feature of the Treo Profiles application. I loved that my phone automatically went to silent whenever I was in a meeting that was on my calendar. I just had to use a keyword (like quiet) in my calendar entry to make it work. I know you have this planned at some point for MS. I'm just putting in my vote for sooner than later. Or maybe someone out there with programming experience can try to add it now that sconix has modularized the triggers code?
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    Here's a quick plug for calendar triggers to make it into the 1.0 release. This was my favorite feature of the Treo Profiles application. I loved that my phone automatically went to silent whenever I was in a meeting that was on my calendar. I just had to use a keyword (like quiet) in my calendar entry to make it work. I know you have this planned at some point for MS. I'm just putting in my vote for sooner than later. Or maybe someone out there with programming experience can try to add it now that sconix has modularized the triggers code?
    I know every Pre user could use that functionality once in a while. Please put my vote in for it.
    installed 9.29 -- everything is working for me -- i have been taught my lesson that i cannot function nearly as well with out this ap.

i have an issue that i hope i can be helped with -- after the aborted install of the original 9.29 (or 9.28 --whichever) anyway the install froze on reboot and i had to pull the battery -- everytime i do a luna reset on my phone it resets to 3 pages and moves all of my icons around -- is there anything i can do to diagnose what is causing this and fix it ? any help would be much appreciated .. thanks

i am going to post in the main forums as well --sorry to go off topic
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The app should now once again install, no more error 22. Don't know what happened to the package, but I rebuild it and now I don't get the error anymore. So hopefully now everything is OK.
    thanks again sconix, its working perfectly!
    Thanks for the .29 update Sconix.
    I will run it through it paces tomorrow.

Just quickly glancing at somethings, I noticed that in the Ringer settings group, if you select a ringtone, your not able to go back to the "do not set" option.

EDIT: HEY... where did my modes go.... ha ha ha.

Great work. Enjoy your holiday time.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 06/15/2010 at 09:51 PM.
    I notice that my message ringtone and phone ringtone keeps getting set to default.
    Just wondering if I could get some clarifications on the "Do not set" options for most of the settings or even having a certain group of settings even setup in the modes.

Example...

For me in the default settings, I have the Network group of settings set to

Network Type: Auto
    Data Roaming: Enabled
    Voice Roaming: Auto

If I know that in any of my additional modes will never need to have those Network group settings changed, do I

1) Need to append it in the settings for any reason?
    2) Should they be appended but set to this "Do Not Set" option? Any reason to do so in this case?

If those settings were not appended for other modes, would those options remain as they are under the default mode?

I hope this makes sense. Maybe I am over thinking it. Been known to happen.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I didn't get to update my previous post like I'd planned, but it looks like it got superseded anyway. I'll just say that the results were as expected.

I've updated to 0.9.29, so we'll see in the morning if the problem got fixed - I bet it did.

Also, what happened to my settings?