• Calendar event trigger

40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 102 of 167 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3326
  1.    #2021  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If anyone know how to send launchParams to an app without opening a card, we'd be very interested to know about it.

If no-one can find out how to do it, we'll need to disable that functionality, because we'll very soon get tired of people asking questions about it over and over again ...

-- Rod
    It is anyway disabled in 0.9.29 until there is better way to do this. Since I think that currently WebOS does not support cardless launch. The only way to get it is to have the app added to the list of apps started on luna boot. Which maybe would not be a big problem if the app really does not do anything on background, but then we would need much better system to add apps there than the patches. It really sucks that there is no way to start app without card other than that. This was the reason why I changed MS to work in the background, but was kinda hoping that this would be "fixed" in 1.4.1, but I guess not...
  2.    #2022  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    I have been using MS for a while but am still having a big issue.

While setting up another mode (touchstone mode) i want all email notifications set to MUTE. But when i set the system volumes and messaging volumes to mute it still goes off.

Is there not a setting for email volume?

Thanks!
    WebOS uses the ringtone volume for email sounds. The configuration option for setting email sound to mute is coming right after or just before the stable release depending how I have time.
    If anyone know how to send launchParams to an app without opening a card, we'd be very interested to know about it.

If no-one can find out how to do it, we'll need to disable that functionality, because we'll very soon get tired of people asking questions about it over and over again ...

-- Rod
    I personally feel at this point that would be the right course of action -- maybe there could be a plug in for people that would like the functionality -- I personally do not use Govnah but had it installed -- i just went ahead and deleted it --- hopefully the new iteration of mode switcher will help me out if not i am off to see the doctor
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    i'm having some minor issues with the new release as well, but nothing crippling. However, I have a very minor feature request: optional time delay for starting apps. Here's why - I have Slacker Radio launch during my Work mode, and when I do a Luna restart at work, Slacker launches immediately, before a network connection is established, so it can't automatically log me in, forcing me to log in manually or close and restart the app, which ruins the convenience of having it launch automatically in the first place. Having it wait a few seconds before it launches would solve the issue.
    Again, very minor issue, and I really appreciate all the work you've done. Thanks.
  5.    #2025  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredsutter View Post
    i'm having some minor issues with the new release as well, but nothing crippling. However, I have a very minor feature request: optional time delay for starting apps. Here's why - I have Slacker Radio launch during my Work mode, and when I do a Luna restart at work, Slacker launches immediately, before a network connection is established, so it can't automatically log me in, forcing me to log in manually or close and restart the app, which ruins the convenience of having it launch automatically in the first place. Having it wait a few seconds before it launches would solve the issue.
    Again, very minor issue, and I really appreciate all the work you've done. Thanks.
    I'll add at least support for this already for tonights release, but most likely wont add a configuration part yet, but for next release.
  6.    #2026  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I personally feel at this point that would be the right course of action -- maybe there could be a plug in for people that would like the functionality -- I personally do not use Govnah but had it installed -- i just went ahead and deleted it --- hopefully the new iteration of mode switcher will help me out if not i am off to see the doctor
    Actually all the settings / specific application support / triggers are "plugins". I just don't have a interface yet to select which one you want MS to load so it loads all. Anyway the govnah special support is disabled in next release (I just leave the "plugin" unloaded so if someone really wants it and does not mind the card popping it can be enabled rather easily) until there is a better way to add the support.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I'll add at least support for this already for tonights release, but most likely wont add a configuration part yet, but for next release.
    sconix -- i feel like a junky -- i am unable to use mode switcher as is right now and am waiting for the next update -- it is really amazing how much i use it and how much it impacts my day to day not having it --

any idea when you might have the next version out ? -- it is 8:30 AM colorado time

thanks
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Sconix. One quick question as you work on the 0.9.29 fix. Will the fix force a 'revert to default mode' on launch (or enable a user to force that change?). I'm currently at work with (seemingly) parts of several modes running. Most noticeably, on my TS charger, the screen is currently OFF when it should be on. The screen OFF on TS is a setting from my overnight mode -- but my other overnight mode settings (wifi, BT, and GPS off) are not in place -- these radios are on. Regardless of what I try in the menu bar patch, I can seem to force a full mode to be put in place. Even turning off MS will not revert to default settings at this time.

I realize you know of these issues and that is what you are working to fix, but I wanted to be sure that there would be a recovery mode to get all settings back to normal when 0.9.29 is first installed after you post it to the feed later this evening.

Thanks again for all your hard work. You have obviously delayed your holiday in order to fix these issues (or best case, you are working through the start of it). Considering we're your beta testers and this isn't a 1.0 product yet, that's an admirable and appreciated decision (at least from my perspective). Hopefully, your family / friends aren't too upset about the delay in truly taking some time off!!!
  9.    #2029  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    sconix -- i feel like a junky -- i am unable to use mode switcher as is right now and am waiting for the next update -- it is really amazing how much i use it and how much it impacts my day to day not having it --

any idea when you might have the next version out ? -- it is 8:30 AM colorado time

thanks
    Well I have around 7 hours before I have to go to bed so hopefully before that
  10.    #2030  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Sconix. One quick question as you work on the 0.9.29 fix. Will the fix force a 'revert to default mode' on launch (or enable a user to force that change?). I'm currently at work with (seemingly) parts of several modes running. Most noticeably, on my TS charger, the screen is currently OFF when it should be on. The screen OFF on TS is a setting from my overnight mode -- but my other overnight mode settings (wifi, BT, and GPS off) are not in place -- these radios are on. Regardless of what I try in the menu bar patch, I can seem to force a full mode to be put in place. Even turning off MS will not revert to default settings at this time.

I realize you know of these issues and that is what you are working to fix, but I wanted to be sure that there would be a recovery mode to get all settings back to normal when 0.9.29 is first installed after you post it to the feed later this evening.

Thanks again for all your hard work. You have obviously delayed your holiday in order to fix these issues (or best case, you are working through the start of it). Considering we're your beta testers and this isn't a 1.0 product yet, that's an admirable and appreciated decision (at least from my perspective). Hopefully, your family / friends aren't too upset about the delay in truly taking some time off!!!
    I was not aware of the start default mode on start not working. Will see and fix it for tonight release. The 0.9.29 will reset the mode configuration since it is much easier option than for me trying to figure out what old configuration is causing problems. When MS is disabled it really should load settings from default mode, but maybe it is broken too after the workaround for mem low restarts, will check.

Not as much as delayed, but just changed how I spend the couple first days Anyway tomorrow I am really of from any computer for couple days so thats why I want the fixed release out tonight. And I have a 2 months holiday (maybe more if I cannot find a job) so I can use couple days for MS easily

During next week I am once again on my own computer so will hopefully get release or two out. So not sure if I can get all the fixes in for tonights release. I have been a bit on adding features mode than testing the features mode lately hence the bugs. But soon all the features for 1.0.0 are in so I can start my testing cycle once again.

-- Rod
    The only way I can think of to do it is for Govnah to close itself once it's completed whatever the launchparams ask it to do. This is assuming the app wasn't already running in the first place of course.

I've not looked at the Govnah code to see how feasible this would be to do though. I'll take a gander at it when time permits and see what my feeble brain can come up with.
    I was not aware of the start default mode on start not working. Will see and fix it for tonight release.
    When MS is disabled it really should load settings from default mode, but maybe it is broken too after the workaround for mem low restarts, will check.
    Well, I have not reset my Pre this morning, so I can't speak to default loading on start, but definitely turning off MS does not fully load Default mode -- doesn't even seem to try based on the notification area updates.

At some point last night, my overnight mode started, but it doesn't seem to have fully turned off - at least the turn off screen on TS setting.

I'm resetting now and I'll let you know by updating this post to see if Default loads on restart.

UPDATE: Well, restart did something -- just not what it was supposed to do. After restart, my screen now does stay on when on TS, but the mode menu area reports that I am in Home Mode (mode which showed prior to restart and cycle of MS off-on). However, the problem is that I am at work. Both work and home are Wifi-only triggered. Also, the Display brightness setting currently shown doesn't match any of my default or custom profiles (every one changes brightness) -- so nothing is happening to brightness on restart - it retained previously manually set value. Finally, going into MS and reviewing the modes does result in a "Loading Default profile" on exit (here at work with strong wifi), but it never reports "Done loading default profile" OK, that's it from me right now. Unless you ask any particular questions about my MS settings, I'll be quiet and let you code so that you can get back to your holiday!! Thanks again.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 06/15/2010 at 10:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I see this from time to time whether switching modes automatically or manually.
    My "work" mode has the all volumes except the media turned down to 5. If I leave the office for lunch and manually switch to say "Car" mode where the volumes are all 100, once I get back to work, the wifi trigger takes over, puts me back in "work" mode and an text or some alert will come in and ding really loud. I check the volumes and they are still all at 100 even though it switched to "work" mode with the lower volumes.

Happens from time to time. Not sure what is making it happen or why I see it so randomly.

Just my observation, but your not alone. I've seen this too.
    I was not aware of the start default mode on start not working. Will see and fix it for tonight release. The 0.9.29 will reset the mode configuration since it is much easier option than for me trying to figure out what old configuration is causing problems. When MS is disabled it really should load settings from default mode, but maybe it is broken too after the workaround for mem low restarts, will check.

Not as much as delayed, but just changed how I spend the couple first days Anyway tomorrow I am really of from any computer for couple days so thats why I want the fixed release out tonight. And I have a 2 months holiday (maybe more if I cannot find a job) so I can use couple days for MS easily

During next week I am once again on my own computer so will hopefully get release or two out. So not sure if I can get all the fixes in for tonights release. I have been a bit on adding features mode than testing the features mode lately hence the bugs. But soon all the features for 1.0.0 are in so I can start my testing cycle once again.
    thanks again -- i just sent another small donation your way --
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
  15.    #2035  
    Quote Originally Posted by orsapps View Post
    I see this from time to time whether switching modes automatically or manually.
    My "work" mode has the all volumes except the media turned down to 5. If I leave the office for lunch and manually switch to say "Car" mode where the volumes are all 100, once I get back to work, the wifi trigger takes over, puts me back in "work" mode and an text or some alert will come in and ding really loud. I check the volumes and they are still all at 100 even though it switched to "work" mode with the lower volumes.

Happens from time to time. Not sure what is making it happen or why I see it so randomly.

Just my observation, but your not alone. I've seen this too.
    I know that there are situations that when some setting might not be applyed. This is due to the crappy system service stuff that does not always do what is asked from it. Although for example for me everything has worked though. So it is a bit random depending on how utilizied the phone is etc. and since I am not "heavy" user of my phone it does those few tasks that I like it to do

I am kinda hoping that the 1.5.0 WebOS when it comes will sort out these problems (at least there are hopes of this). If not then I am willing to add "hacks" to ensure that the requests are always carried for everyone. But until that I am not so keen on adding hacks since as said it currently should work for most people most of the time. Specially after I get bugs worked out. I already added one "hack" that the connection states are checked before their change is requested which should get rid of the weird bluetooth problem.
    anyone else having trouble with default mode or govnah getting stuck on launch?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I know you're working on the update, I just wanted to get this info to you in case it helps.

I have 3 modes:
    Bedside: Touchstone + time trigger (all unique)
    Home: GPS or WiFi trigger (One trigger)
    Work: WiFi + time trigger (all unique)

I updated to MS 0.9.28 yesterday. This morning, after the time trigger on the Bedside mode ended, it did what it was supposed to and switched to Home mode. However, when the time trigger for Work mode started, it switched to Work mode even though I was still at home (and thus not on the work WiFi). It stayed in Work mode until I got to work and after, as if it was treating it as an "or" trigger combo instead of an "and".

I'm leaving for lunch in a few minutes. I'll let you know if it stays in Work mode or not when I get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    anyone else having trouble with default mode or govnah getting stuck on launch?
    The answer is yes, go back a few pages in the thread.
    yea, this is a great app and don't want to loose it. Hopefully sconix will fix. I'm glad to know that it is not just my phone..
  20.    #2040  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    yea, this is a great app and don't want to loose it. Hopefully sconix will fix. I'm glad to know that it is not just my phone..
    Don't worry it was just a bad release which I did in hurry since I was leaving to visit home. And the beta tag is still there for a reason I have been making bug fix release over VNC connection and it will be out tonight and hopefully fixes most problems since from tomorrow I am away from any computer for couple days.

Just advertising this in every space I can: that the next release will reset configuration. Just from previous experience I know there will be people asking why the configuration was gone, but while still in beta it is easier for me to reset the config to see what bugs are from configuration changes.