View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 101 of 167 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105106111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3326
  1. #2001  
    mode switcher isnt there in the repo??
  2. #2002  
    So far I've been pretty lucky with all the upgrades. Started with .25, then upgraded to .26, .27 and now .28 and it's working well for me without the other issues. Only bug I had was when I first upgraded & did a full restart, MS didn't boot with Luna. So I restarted Luna and it's been OK since. No problems with my launcher or modes. To be safe I did manually delete the triggers & apps, and reconfigure my modes.

    I will be glad when the flashing Govnah card stops appearing when changing profiles though, especially since it never actually fully loads & stops flashing!

    Appreciate all the hard work sconix!
  3. #2003  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I have a feeling people aren't that interested right now because the alpha version has no functionality for the average user. But rest assured, this is app will boom to the top once it's in beta.
    Thanks so much sconix for an awesome app. Your devotion to developing this app is remarkable. Regarding the quote above: That was a pretty good guess, huh?
  4. #2004  
    Quote Originally Posted by jim_buchanan View Post
    OK, I think I'm getting it, now.

    You can't use the WiFi trigger to turn on/off WiFi. I'm trying the GPS trigger, today. Thank You.
    On second thought, maybe I'm not getting it.

    All I want to do is configure MS to detect my home access point and turn on the WiFi, and turn off the WiFi when it is not detected.

    I guess the Pre doesn't have the ability to use the WiFi trigger to turn on WiFi?

    I tried the GPS as a trigger, but so far that hasn't worked either.

    Any suggestions?
  5. #2005  
    Quote Originally Posted by jim_buchanan View Post
    On second thought, maybe I'm not getting it.

    All I want to do is configure MS to detect my home access point and turn on the WiFi, and turn off the WiFi when it is not detected.

    I guess the Pre doesn't have the ability to use the WiFi trigger to turn on WiFi?

    I tried the GPS as a trigger, but so far that hasn't worked either.

    Any suggestions?
    To use the WiFi trigger, your phone's wifi MUST be on. You could have a GPS trigger for your house, and have the mode turn on Wifi and turn off cell data and GPS to conserve battery.
  6. #2006  
    Quote Originally Posted by jim_buchanan View Post
    On second thought, maybe I'm not getting it.

    All I want to do is configure MS to detect my home access point and turn on the WiFi, and turn off the WiFi when it is not detected.

    I guess the Pre doesn't have the ability to use the WiFi trigger to turn on WiFi?

    I tried the GPS as a trigger, but so far that hasn't worked either.

    Any suggestions?
    yes, if wifi is off it cannot be used as a trigger. you can use any mode to turn off wifi.
    you would have to find some other trigger (e.g. touchstone) to trigger the wifi radio on, then it will check for ssid, and can then be used to trigger a mode.

    just my experience, if power drain is what you're concerned with; i have done extensive experimenting as i was getting 25%+ per hour draining and my battery was running out midday. (you can use battery monitor to track this)
    - weak phone signals are the biggest drain (i'm on sprint and have crappy signals on their network at home and work- changing to roam only most of time (if this can apply to you) fixed the drain, lowering it to 3-5% on average.
    -wifi, even if left on always, has very little associated drain; when MS made it a trigger, i did much testing and found having it always on made essentially no difference for battery drain compared to having it off.

    my suggestion would be to leave it on..... unless battery drain is not your issue.... then i'll get off my
  7. #2007  
    Do I have something set incorrectly?

    In Preware, it's showing Mode Switch as version 09.26, but in the history notes it says that 09.28 is out now.

    So why am I not seeing that and able to get that version?

    Thanks!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  8. #2008  
    sconix
    i pulled 9.29 from your feed and installed with webosqi (not on preware yet... if that could be problem let me know). it is behaving same for me as before. the first time i installed and rebooted, it was already in 'test' mode (for testing i have default, test and work modes). i started work mode and all did well, including name change on top. started test mode and banner announced change but name did not change. now it is as before- in menu, work mode shows as on but it is in test mode since tapping "start test mode" makes 'reloading test mode' show in banner; tapping 'close work mode' does nothing.
    i had uninstalled (gesture+tap in launcher) MS before this.
    do i need to wait for preware feed? if this would make no difference, is there anything short of doctoring to remove the traces and reinstall fresh?
    oh, and the voice roam setting still didn't do anything.
    Last edited by everette13; 06/15/2010 at 12:51 AM.
  9. updn's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #2009  
    I cannot find Mode Switcher anywhere. I even updated my Preware feeds as suggested in the first post, hoping to find a Beta, but nothing.. can anyone help?
  10. #2010  
    I updated to 9.29 and mode switcher loads but also pops up the govnah app. I have restarted ms and still get same behaviour.
  11.    #2011  
    I took the 0.9.28 offline just so that people wont get into trouble who still have 0.9.26 installed. Thats why you cannot find it on my feed currently. The 0.9.29 is from my testing feed and it is not yet ready hence it is not in my stable feed yet so don't expect it to work. When its ready I will notify that it is in my feed here which should be tonight. So a bit more patience is needed

    About the govnah card popping when you start MS or have mode that have govnah configured is something that needs to be fixed in govnah's end. I could disable govnah support for now, but since it should work (despite the card showing and staying flashing, which you can close right away) I left it in. If it bothers you just remove govnah from the applications list of your mode for now.
  12.    #2012  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    sconix
    i pulled 9.29 from your feed and installed with webosqi (not on preware yet... if that could be problem let me know). it is behaving same for me as before. the first time i installed and rebooted, it was already in 'test' mode (for testing i have default, test and work modes). i started work mode and all did well, including name change on top. started test mode and banner announced change but name did not change. now it is as before- in menu, work mode shows as on but it is in test mode since tapping "start test mode" makes 'reloading test mode' show in banner; tapping 'close work mode' does nothing.
    i had uninstalled (gesture+tap in launcher) MS before this.
    do i need to wait for preware feed? if this would make no difference, is there anything short of doctoring to remove the traces and reinstall fresh?
    oh, and the voice roam setting still didn't do anything.
    The .29 release is for my testing purposes I haven't yet fixed anything only cleaned up the code a bit. So it is always good to wait for it to appear in my Preware feed Since I use my repository for my internal testing as well. So just wait for the release notification here and then you get working MS again.
  13. #2013  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The .29 release is for my testing purposes I haven't yet fixed anything only cleaned up the code a bit. So it is always good to wait for it to appear in my Preware feed Since I use my repository for my internal testing as well. So just wait for the release notification here and then you get working MS again.


    i'll stop now...
  14. #2014  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    This is happening repeatedly for some people, no matter what they are installing - it is not MS specific.

    Note that it's only happening to a very very small minority, so it's not a systematic bug but some subtle interaction that is specific to your device unfortunately. Which makes it almost impossible to diagnose unless you can capture the /var/log/messages and dbus-capture output around the time that it happens (the time that it happens, not the time when you notice it, which could be much later when you restart luna next).

    -- Rod
    ok so i am a minority -- great -- it continues to happen -- how do i get it to stop --? --- do i need to visit the doctor?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  15. #2015  
    After yesterdays' update of Mode Switch to 9.28?, Mode switch pretty much quit working. It also, as Mamouton pointed out, starts Govnah when activated. What's funnier though is I've never put Govnah IN any of the settings of Mode. I had to uninstall Mode Switch because it just went weird on me. Thanks for the app though, it's great.
    No rush on the fix, take your time. I understand.
  16. #2016  
    Correct me if I'm wrong sconix but MS queries Govnah for the list of profiles when MS starts up. This causes Govnah to pop up its ever-flashing card whether you have Govnah listed as an app on any mode or not.

    Basically... MS will pop up Govnah when started whether it's used as an app or not at all. This isn't a fault with MS (it's the only way to get the list of Govnah profiles) but something that will need fixing in Govnah itself.
  17. #2017  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong sconix but MS queries Govnah for the list of profiles when MS starts up. This causes Govnah to pop up its ever-flashing card whether you have Govnah listed as an app on any mode or not.

    Basically... MS will pop up Govnah when started whether it's used as an app or not at all. This isn't a fault with MS (it's the only way to get the list of Govnah profiles) but something that will need fixing in Govnah itself.
    Hmm, must have been a new feature added to the last update of MS then. I've never seen the behavior before, and Govnah never seems to get past the boot-up screen, it just sat there glowing and never completely opened.
    The last thing I wanted was for Govnah to go wonky on me and uber clock my Pre to some wide *** open maximum, so I uninstalled MS and then set Govnah to palm default just in case. It's not worth frying my phone over (even though the IC has built in safeguards that I hope the kernels don't bypass), I'm not taking any chances.
  18. #2018  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    ok so i am a minority -- great -- it continues to happen -- how do i get it to stop --? --- do i need to visit the doctor?
    No-one has provided a repeatable test case.

    We don't know what causes it.

    We don't know how to stop it.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #2019  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    Basically... MS will pop up Govnah when started whether it's used as an app or not at all. This isn't a fault with MS (it's the only way to get the list of Govnah profiles) but something that will need fixing in Govnah itself.
    If anyone know how to send launchParams to an app without opening a card, we'd be very interested to know about it.

    If no-one can find out how to do it, we'll need to disable that functionality, because we'll very soon get tired of people asking questions about it over and over again ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. #2020  
    I have been using MS for a while but am still having a big issue.

    While setting up another mode (touchstone mode) i want all email notifications set to MUTE. But when i set the system volumes and messaging volumes to mute it still goes off.

    Is there not a setting for email volume?

    Thanks!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions